Wake Forest 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby tstyler98 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:12 am

Luis Gomez wrote:Hi, I would greatly appreciate it if any of you who visit Wake Forest, posts a comment on the faculty, the facilities, the students or any other info. I am in Mexico and can't visit any schools.

Thanks and Happy New Year to all the fellow Wake Forest hopefuls.


Not a problem. I'll try to take some pictures too.

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Luis Gomez » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:24 pm

tstyler98 wrote:
Luis Gomez wrote:Hi, I would greatly appreciate it if any of you who visit Wake Forest, posts a comment on the faculty, the facilities, the students or any other info. I am in Mexico and can't visit any schools.

Thanks and Happy New Year to all the fellow Wake Forest hopefuls.


Not a problem. I'll try to take some pictures too.


Thanks, you could upload them to facebook. I joined the Wake Forest Law Class of 2013 group.

Happy New Year tstyler98.

User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby tstyler98 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:11 pm

No problem. I'm not sure when I'm going yet, so it might be a while. If anyone else has checked out the school and wants to post their thoughts and pictures, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it. Either way, I'll post what I think whenever I go.

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:12 pm

anyone know if they give stipend for ASW?

User avatar
Zojirushi
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Zojirushi » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:37 pm

Why do schools always build new buildings in a contemporary style? It drives me crazy.

User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby tstyler98 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:39 pm

Thanks ntzsch! I've seen pictures of the outside, but haven't really seen any of what it looks like from the inside. Can't wait to check it out.

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Luis Gomez » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:42 pm

Thanks tstyler98 for posting the pics. The campus looks very southern, I like it.

Do you know how expensive it is to leave close to campus? And how far the campus is from downtown?

And for those visiting the law school, would you mind letting me know if the facilities are as dreadful as the schools profile in TLS suggest.

Thanks.

User avatar
The Zeppelin
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby The Zeppelin » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:47 pm

tstyler98 wrote:Thanks ntzsch! I've seen pictures of the outside, but haven't really seen any of what it looks like from the inside. Can't wait to check it out.

The inside is pretty standard. I still think their strongest selling points were class size and Mrs. Nutt.

User avatar
RMstratosphere
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby RMstratosphere » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:05 am

What's the consensus on Open House?
I'd like to hit the 02/15 session if scholarship notifications have been sent.
Otherwise, I'll push back until I hear something on that front.

Edit: Thanks to ntzsch for posting the pics.

User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby tstyler98 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:47 pm

I haven't officially decided which one I will attend. I live about 4 hours away, so I can pretty much go to any of them. I would think we'd start hearing about scholarships before the 2/15 session since they said January for when they'd begin notifications, but you never know. Wake seems pretty on point with getting things done when they say they will.

statuscheckerssuck
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:46 pm

has anyone found out anymore info about when scholarships will come out (like early or late this month)? I am already getting antsy :(

User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby tstyler98 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:10 pm

Not sure. If I remember correctly, last year's admitted students didn't start hearing until the end of the month. I am getting antsy too. I really want to go to Wake, but without a scholarship it'll be hard to pass up in-state tuition at Chapel Hill (if I get in).

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby LSATfromNC » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:11 pm

tstyler98 wrote:Not sure. If I remember correctly, last year's admitted students didn't start hearing until the end of the month. I am getting antsy too. I really want to go to Wake, but without a scholarship it'll be hard to pass up in-state tuition at Chapel Hill (if I get in).

If the cost are the same do you have a preference?

User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby tstyler98 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:30 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:
tstyler98 wrote:Not sure. If I remember correctly, last year's admitted students didn't start hearing until the end of the month. I am getting antsy too. I really want to go to Wake, but without a scholarship it'll be hard to pass up in-state tuition at Chapel Hill (if I get in).

If the cost are the same do you have a preference?


I am extremely interested in Wake's Elder Law Clinic, their admissions staff has been phenomenal, and everything I read from people attending Wake now, they really seem to love it. I spent lots of time in Chapel Hill while my dad was going through cancer treatment and was in-and-out of the hospital for complications, and I really liked the area, but was a bit underwhelmed by the law school itself. But I would be happy at either school.

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Luis Gomez » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:20 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:has anyone found out anymore info about when scholarships will come out (like early or late this month)? I am already getting antsy :(


I was told it will be next week. I am really hoping for good news. :!:

statuscheckerssuck
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:30 pm

Luis Gomez wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote:has anyone found out anymore info about when scholarships will come out (like early or late this month)? I am already getting antsy :(


I was told it will be next week. I am really hoping for good news. :!:


When were you told this? And early or late next week?

That's exciting news though!

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:32 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:
Luis Gomez wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote:has anyone found out anymore info about when scholarships will come out (like early or late this month)? I am already getting antsy :(


I was told it will be next week. I am really hoping for good news. :!:


When were you told this? And early or late next week?

That's exciting news though!


does it all come out (relatively) together? or is january simply when they begin to tell people

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Luis Gomez » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:02 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:
Luis Gomez wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote:has anyone found out anymore info about when scholarships will come out (like early or late this month)? I am already getting antsy :(


I was told it will be next week. I am really hoping for good news. :!:


When were you told this? And early or late next week?

That's exciting news though!


I was told on an email response three days ago that it would be late this week or next. So my anxiety is as high as it can be.

statuscheckerssuck
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:03 pm

Luis Gomez wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote:
Luis Gomez wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote:has anyone found out anymore info about when scholarships will come out (like early or late this month)? I am already getting antsy :(


I was told it will be next week. I am really hoping for good news. :!:


When were you told this? And early or late next week?

That's exciting news though!


I was told on an email response three days ago that it would be late this week or next. So my anxiety is as high as it can be.


So it may be Monday!!! ahh yeah, that is nerve racking.

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Luis Gomez » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:10 pm

It might be Friday.

dkirby87
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby dkirby87 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:13 pm

I was just at Wake Forest today.
Scholarships will be going to most with a LSAT of 164 and up and/or a GPA of 3.2-3.3 and up.
They are going to start sending out notifications soon but while they didn't say for sure it sounded like it would be another week or two.

User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby tstyler98 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:26 pm

dkirby87 wrote:I was just at Wake Forest today.
Scholarships will be going to most with a LSAT of 164 and up and/or a GPA of 3.2-3.3 and up.
They are going to start sending out notifications soon but while they didn't say for sure it sounded like it would be another week or two.


That is so great to hear. I hope we all get what we are hoping for!!

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:27 pm

dkirby87 wrote:I was just at Wake Forest today.
Scholarships will be going to most with a LSAT of 164 and up and/or a GPA of 3.2-3.3 and up.
They are going to start sending out notifications soon but while they didn't say for sure it sounded like it would be another week or two.



jesus

could you be anymore informative?

dkirby87
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby dkirby87 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:39 pm

Isn't that the point? Just trying to help out.

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:42 pm

yeah, i was just being a little sarcastic because literally, there has been a million questions RE scholly info and zero answers


and then BAM! fixed




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eageragnostic, WatchClosely, Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests