Wake Forest 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
minkins
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:46 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby minkins » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:12 am

I guess a LOT of people registered... would've made sense to tell us not to when they sent out our WIN information!

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby PirateCap'n » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:24 am

moandersen wrote:
kalvano wrote:I just have to say that Wake Forest is incredibly awesome.


explain.

I got appointments to see The Pines and Crowne Park on Saturday. Just by the deals both offices told me about over the phone, Crowne Park needs to blow The Pines out of the water for them to have any chance of taking my money. I have a couple other places lined up for Sunday, but Im pretty sure ill end up at The Pines.

I didnt have time to check out WIN at home last night....I guess Ill try to remember tonight. If my math is correct, we take 14 credit hours first semester?

Life is too busy. I envy those of you who just graduated.


I'll probably check those out Saturday as well. I haven't made appointments though. I figured I would just stop by. Maybe we'll run into each other.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11724
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kalvano » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:31 am

moandersen wrote:
kalvano wrote:I just have to say that Wake Forest is incredibly awesome.


explain.



I'm not sure I should.

Suffice it to say they are the most helpful, nice, incredibly awesome people.

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:36 am

PirateCap'n wrote:I'll probably check those out Saturday as well. I haven't made appointments though. I figured I would just stop by. Maybe we'll run into each other.


Ya appointments arent really needed, but I made them anyways. I just gave them a time frame I would be stopping by and what I was looking for. If you see the only asian guy walking around winston-salem, that would be me. :mrgreen:

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby PirateCap'n » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:47 am

kalvano wrote:
moandersen wrote:
kalvano wrote:I just have to say that Wake Forest is incredibly awesome.


explain.



I'm not sure I should.

Suffice it to say they are the most helpful, nice, incredibly awesome people.


Any chance it involves more money? I understand if you don't want to say, but if you're willing to PM it that would be fine too.

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:57 am

PirateCap'n wrote:
kalvano wrote:
moandersen wrote:
kalvano wrote:I just have to say that Wake Forest is incredibly awesome.


explain.



I'm not sure I should.

Suffice it to say they are the most helpful, nice, incredibly awesome people.


Any chance it involves more money? I understand if you don't want to say, but if you're willing to PM it that would be fine too.


thats what im guessing. congrats on the upped scholarship. maybe when i visit on monday (and shave my playoff beard) they might throw me some pity money. :| Or else they cant use my picture in any viewbooks/websites to show their diversity. :lol:

if you adcoms are still reading this, i kid, i kid. i love you all

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11724
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kalvano » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:01 am

PirateCap'n wrote:
kalvano wrote:
moandersen wrote:
kalvano wrote:I just have to say that Wake Forest is incredibly awesome.


explain.



I'm not sure I should.

Suffice it to say they are the most helpful, nice, incredibly awesome people.


Any chance it involves more money? I understand if you don't want to say, but if you're willing to PM it that would be fine too.



No, not more money. Just a very nice and helpful admissions department.

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:03 pm

Just bought some tickets to see the winston-salem dash! haha. im actually pretty pumped to go to a minor league game. Its probably been 20+ years since ive last been to one. 30 bucks for two 5th row seats right on first base. might as well embrace the small town culture. 8)

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby traehekat » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:12 pm

moandersen wrote:Just bought some tickets to see the winston-salem dash! haha. im actually pretty pumped to go to a minor league game. Its probably been 20+ years since ive last been to one. 30 bucks for two 5th row seats right on first base. might as well embrace the small town culture. 8)


Man, when I was down there, I was THIS close to buying a New Era Dash baseball hat.

http://wsdash.milbstore.com/store_contents.cfm?store_id=84&dept_id=1097&product_id=6392

User avatar
Nicholasnickynic
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:19 pm

I saw that Wake Forest offers discounted Lenovo laptops.

I've never heard of these.

Are they any good?

Oh wow.. the discount is like 20 bucks... oh joy

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby PirateCap'n » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:21 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:I saw that Wake Forest offers discounted Lenovo laptops.

I've never heard of these.

Are they any good?

Oh wow.. the discount is like 20 bucks... oh joy


I think Lenovo is owned by IBM, so they're pretty much an IBM computer. They're pretty good, but most are a bit on the expensive side.

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:25 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
Nicholasnickynic wrote:I saw that Wake Forest offers discounted Lenovo laptops.

I've never heard of these.

Are they any good?

Oh wow.. the discount is like 20 bucks... oh joy


I think Lenovo is owned by IBM, so they're pretty much an IBM computer. They're pretty good, but most are a bit on the expensive side.


correct. lenovo is basically ibm. just a different name. im probably going with a dell since my employer gets something like a 10% discount from them. i not going to get anything too fancy since i already have a laptop. just need to order it before i quit.....which is soon.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11724
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kalvano » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:51 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:I saw that Wake Forest offers discounted Lenovo laptops.

I've never heard of these.

Are they any good?

Oh wow.. the discount is like 20 bucks... oh joy



Yes. They are excellent.

Not owned by IBM anymore. It's a Chinese company that bought the rights.

Much better and more durable than any other laptops, as long as you get the Thinkpad series.

tarheel87
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:22 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby tarheel87 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:58 pm

moandersen wrote:
kalvano wrote:I just have to say that Wake Forest is incredibly awesome.


explain.

I got appointments to see The Pines and Crowne Park on Saturday. Just by the deals both offices told me about over the phone, Crowne Park needs to blow The Pines out of the water for them to have any chance of taking my money. I have a couple other places lined up for Sunday, but Im pretty sure ill end up at The Pines.

I didnt have time to check out WIN at home last night....I guess Ill try to remember tonight. If my math is correct, we take 14 credit hours first semester?

Life is too busy. I envy those of you who just graduated.


Checked out a half dozen places in Winston today (pretty much outing myself to adcomms but I don't think I'm very controversial anyways), the Crowne apartments were awesome and close to campus, but The Pines was almost as good and were something like $100 less. Not sure where I'm going to live, but almost everywhere I saw was really nice and just ridiculously cheap. You get more bang for your buck in W-S than I've ever seen, apartment-wise that is.

User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby tstyler98 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:53 am

Hey guys. They posted some information on the New Students website about the Immunization requirement.

Also, there is a health insurance requirement that they posted about on the New Student website, which needs to be completed before August 23rd.

If you don't have insurance, you will be required to buy health insurance through the school. Although the cost is charged to your account automatically, I believe you still have to enroll. To enroll, go to http://www.bcbsnc.com/wfu and click on "Enroll Now".

If you already have insurance, you'll need to fill out a waiver online showing that you have coverage and they'll remove the insurance charge from your bill. To fill out the waiver, go to http://www.bcbsnc.com/wfu and click on "I have insurance" and then "Waive Coverage". On the next page, click on the link under "Waiver Request - Domestic Students only". You'll need your Wake student ID (which can be found in WIN under "Personal Information"), the policy number (Member # or ID#), and the insurance company's phone number.

Hope this helps. :D

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:08 am

tarheel87 wrote:Checked out a half dozen places in Winston today (pretty much outing myself to adcomms but I don't think I'm very controversial anyways), the Crowne apartments were awesome and close to campus, but The Pines was almost as good and were something like $100 less. Not sure where I'm going to live, but almost everywhere I saw was really nice and just ridiculously cheap. You get more bang for your buck in W-S than I've ever seen, apartment-wise that is.


100 less initially, plus the free cable and first months rent free, so that is ~200 less/month. even if the pines doesnt quite match up to the crowne apartments, do you think its worth the extra 200/month? i guess ill find out for myself tomorrow. the forecast for the weekend looks HOT. anyone in w-s right now want to tell me its a dry heat (like out west)? i really hope the humidity is low.

tstyler - thanks for the info.

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby PirateCap'n » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:29 am

moandersen wrote:
tarheel87 wrote:Checked out a half dozen places in Winston today (pretty much outing myself to adcomms but I don't think I'm very controversial anyways), the Crowne apartments were awesome and close to campus, but The Pines was almost as good and were something like $100 less. Not sure where I'm going to live, but almost everywhere I saw was really nice and just ridiculously cheap. You get more bang for your buck in W-S than I've ever seen, apartment-wise that is.


100 less initially, plus the free cable and first months rent free, so that is ~200 less/month. even if the pines doesnt quite match up to the crowne apartments, do you think its worth the extra 200/month? i guess ill find out for myself tomorrow. the forecast for the weekend looks HOT. anyone in w-s right now want to tell me its a dry heat (like out west)? i really hope the humidity is low.

tstyler - thanks for the info.


You're going to be disappointed. It's always humid in North Carolina. The "heat index" is usually 5-10 degrees higher just because of the humidity.

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:57 am

PirateCap'n wrote:
You're going to be disappointed. It's always humid in North Carolina. The "heat index" is usually 5-10 degrees higher just because of the humidity.


:| Sucky. The wifey is going to hate doing her hair..... what are the 'nice' months to be in nc? safe to assume june-august is the worst?

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby PirateCap'n » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:07 pm

moandersen wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:
You're going to be disappointed. It's always humid in North Carolina. The "heat index" is usually 5-10 degrees higher just because of the humidity.


:| Sucky. The wifey is going to hate doing her hair..... what are the 'nice' months to be in nc? safe to assume june-august is the worst?


May-September are generally extremely humid and fairly warm (mid-80s to low 90s with highs hitting mid-to-upper-90s pretty often). The "nice" months are generally early spring (March, April, generally May) and then October and early November. I guess it all depends on your definition of "nice." March and early April are usually high-60s to mid-70s. Late April to May sends it into the 80s. Early October is still pretty warm, but it cools off around mid-late October (70s). This year the weather has been a little odd because the cold weather lasted a lot longer than usual (into late April in some places -- some non-mountainous places even got snow in April, which is very unsual). I guess that sums it up. The weather changes from the coast to the mountains, but, no matter where you go in NC, the humidity will follow year-round. The months I mentioned just happen to be the least humid "nice" months.

RSN_M3
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:51 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby RSN_M3 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:31 pm

Any weather is nicer than Texas weather. I'll take NC humidity to TX humidity and the NC heat over the TX heat anyday.

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:06 pm

after driving myself crazy with my thoughts, i officially withdrew today. hope someone gets my 18k.

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby PirateCap'n » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:10 pm

S de Garmeaux wrote:after driving myself crazy with my thoughts, i officially withdrew today. hope someone gets my 18k.


Have you decided where you will be attending?

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:14 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
S de Garmeaux wrote:after driving myself crazy with my thoughts, i officially withdrew today. hope someone gets my 18k.


Have you decided where you will be attending?


I'm on the waitlist at UC Irvine. If that doesn't work out, I have a nice little scholly to Loyola LA that I'll take.

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby PirateCap'n » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:16 pm

S de Garmeaux wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:
S de Garmeaux wrote:after driving myself crazy with my thoughts, i officially withdrew today. hope someone gets my 18k.


Have you decided where you will be attending?


I'm on the waitlist at UC Irvine. If that doesn't work out, I have a nice little scholly to Loyola LA that I'll take.


They're both good schools (as if you didn't already know), so good luck!

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11724
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kalvano » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:36 pm

moandersen wrote:[the forecast for the weekend looks HOT.



HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!

That amused me.

But really, it's not that bad compared to a lot of places. High 80's is like winter to me.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: henryyou and 7 guests