Wake Forest 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Sat May 29, 2010 7:36 pm

I didnt get that letter about username and password :|

But I did get a copy of the law schools magazine and a generic letter from some alum about public service. Not too exciting....

User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby tstyler98 » Sun May 30, 2010 7:00 am

The letter was snail-mailed. I live in NC so you guys will probably get it on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Yeah, I can only access WIN as well (no e-mail). Glad to know it wasn't just me. They probably haven't set our e-mail up yet. But I'll take what I can get and be happy with being able to access something. :D

wakemeup
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:02 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby wakemeup » Mon May 31, 2010 6:13 pm

Is our next deposit due June 15th? What else should we be taking care of, other than the final transcript?

User avatar
gogo
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:52 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby gogo » Mon May 31, 2010 7:42 pm

vikspeed wrote:So for those going to the House Hunt, how much are you having to pay to fly into Greensboro? The best I can now get is $500 round trip (and the lowest I had seen was $400). I don't know if it's worth paying at this point. I'm looking at houses and condo's in the area and probably won't be quick leasing over that weekend. I would like to visit and meet people. Nonetheless...


I got a cheap flight into Raleigh for the House Hunt which is only an hour and a half drive and when I visited for the open house I got a really good deal on a flight to Charlotte so you might try either of those cities instead of Greensboro.

User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby tstyler98 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:59 pm

wakemeup wrote:Is our next deposit due June 15th? What else should we be taking care of, other than the final transcript?


Yes, it is due June 15th. As for other things:

*Dean's certification
*Final transcripts
*Health form, including immunization records
*Applying for loans

I think that is it so far. Check out the "New Students" website they sent out (http://newstudents.law.wfu.edu/) for more information about things, including when they are due, as well as the e-mail sent out a few weeks ago regarding what needed to be done.

wakemeup
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:02 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby wakemeup » Mon May 31, 2010 8:09 pm

tstyler98 wrote:
wakemeup wrote:Is our next deposit due June 15th? What else should we be taking care of, other than the final transcript?


Yes, it is due June 15th. As for other things:

*Dean's certification
*Final transcripts
*Health form, including immunization records
*Applying for loans

I think that is it so far. Check out the "New Students" website they sent out (http://newstudents.law.wfu.edu/) for more information about things, including when they are due, as well as the e-mail sent out a few weeks ago regarding what needed to be done.


I was being lazy but checked my emails from Wake after posting and found the info. Thanks for the help.

User avatar
Nicholasnickynic
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Mon May 31, 2010 10:52 pm

I don't see anything on the website about health records...

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11726
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kalvano » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:46 am

Nicholasnickynic wrote:I don't see anything on the website about health records...



Yes, I was curious about this as well.

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:36 pm

kalvano wrote:
Nicholasnickynic wrote:I don't see anything on the website about health records...



Yes, I was curious about this as well.


shoot, i hope we dont need to get a check-up. I havent gotten one in 8 or 9 years because I know im due for drawing blood. i hate having blood taken from me....

User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby tstyler98 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:07 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:I don't see anything on the website about health records...


Yeah, so far I haven't seen it on the website this year. I only knew about this because I remembered seeing it on the New Student website last year.

Immunization Requirements (required by NC): http://www.wfu.edu/shs/vaccines.html

Health Records form (including immunization) to be filled out and turned in by July 1st (or as soon as possible): http://www.wfu.edu/shs/docs/HIS.pdf

peeker82
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby peeker82 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:13 pm

tag

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby PirateCap'n » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:21 pm

tstyler98 wrote:
Nicholasnickynic wrote:I don't see anything on the website about health records...


Yeah, so far I haven't seen it on the website this year. I only knew about this because I remembered seeing it on the New Student website last year.

Immunization Requirements (required by NC): http://www.wfu.edu/shs/vaccines.html

Health Records form (including immunization) to be filled out and turned in by July 1st (or as soon as possible): http://www.wfu.edu/shs/docs/HIS.pdf


So, according to the Health Records Form, we have to see a doctor for a checkup/physical even if we have documentation of all the other immunizations?

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11726
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kalvano » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:38 pm

tstyler98 wrote:
Nicholasnickynic wrote:I don't see anything on the website about health records...


Yeah, so far I haven't seen it on the website this year. I only knew about this because I remembered seeing it on the New Student website last year.

Immunization Requirements (required by NC): http://www.wfu.edu/shs/vaccines.html

Health Records form (including immunization) to be filled out and turned in by July 1st (or as soon as possible): http://www.wfu.edu/shs/docs/HIS.pdf



I have none of that. I don't even know where to begin to look for any type of immunization records.

I don't go to the doctor, either. I don't even have a physician. I haven't seen this stuff on any of the law school things.

Is it required for graduate admissions, or just undergrad?

MarineKappa
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:04 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby MarineKappa » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:25 pm

Finally received my UserName/Pass ltr today. Was starting to get edgy about the arrival time considering I'm in state.

For many who aren't going to be able to attend the HH, here's some up-to-date apartment info:

Crowne Complexes (Polo and Park) - On their 12 mo leases, you receive a $500 rent credit (to use however you like during the first 8mos). You also receive a $100 off if you lease within 48 hrs of viewing the complex. (Total of $600 off however you want to use it during the first 8 mos). The application fee is waived, and the security deposit (as of now) is $100 (normally $200).

Pines at Bethabara - 1BR($599) and 2BR ($699) These include FREE cable, incl HBO, for the entire lease (13 mos.) The manager said normally cable is $40 (which is a 50% discount rate on the normal price). The app fee is waived, and the sec dep is $100. The property mgr didn't say anything about first month free, but I'll give her time to gauge my interest and hook me in.

I know a lot has already been posted about these and other units, but these seem to be the most sought after. I'm going up to check them out before the HH and will find out more info/details.

User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby tstyler98 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:51 pm

kalvano wrote:
tstyler98 wrote:
Nicholasnickynic wrote:I don't see anything on the website about health records...


Yeah, so far I haven't seen it on the website this year. I only knew about this because I remembered seeing it on the New Student website last year.

Immunization Requirements (required by NC): http://www.wfu.edu/shs/vaccines.html

Health Records form (including immunization) to be filled out and turned in by July 1st (or as soon as possible): http://www.wfu.edu/shs/docs/HIS.pdf



I have none of that. I don't even know where to begin to look for any type of immunization records.

I don't go to the doctor, either. I don't even have a physician. I haven't seen this stuff on any of the law school things.

Is it required for graduate admissions, or just undergrad?


The Immunization requirement is a requirement by the state of NC. Any school that you go to in NC requires documentation of immunizations. You could try contacting the school where you did your undergrad. You likely had to provide documentation of immunizations when you started college. I got some of mine from there. Also ask your parents. My mom has the little immunization card (fits in your purse or wallet) that you record the immunizations on. If all else fails, a doctor can test you to see if you have the vaccine in your body or you get the shot(s) again.

This is what I got from an e-mail from the Health Services office:

These links give you the requirement details and the form that must be completed.
Depending on the vaccine, you could
1. have “aged out”, 2. have vaccine titers done, or 3. have the vaccines repeated.

It is not unusual for a student to have difficulty documenting personal immunization records. Your primary care physician (or your county Health Department) can assist you.


As for the actual health form, it says on pg. 6 of the form:

Wake Forest University requires that the “WFU Student Health Service Health Information Summary” form (provided by the Student Health Service or on line at http://www.wfu.edu/shs/docs/HIS.pdf) be completed and on file in the Student Health Service for all university students. This helps to assure appropriate care and meets North Carolina immunization requirements for college and university students.


That sounds like it means it is required.

User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby tstyler98 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:57 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
tstyler98 wrote:
Nicholasnickynic wrote:I don't see anything on the website about health records...


Yeah, so far I haven't seen it on the website this year. I only knew about this because I remembered seeing it on the New Student website last year.

Immunization Requirements (required by NC): http://www.wfu.edu/shs/vaccines.html

Health Records form (including immunization) to be filled out and turned in by July 1st (or as soon as possible): http://www.wfu.edu/shs/docs/HIS.pdf


So, according to the Health Records Form, we have to see a doctor for a checkup/physical even if we have documentation of all the other immunizations?


Yep, plus the immunization records part needs to be filled out by a doctor.

I guess that's one advantage of being a girl...generally have to go to the doctor once a year. :mrgreen:

tarheel87
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:22 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby tarheel87 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:32 pm

MarineKappa wrote:Finally received my UserName/Pass ltr today. Was starting to get edgy about the arrival time considering I'm in state.

For many who aren't going to be able to attend the HH, here's some up-to-date apartment info:

Crowne Complexes (Polo and Park) - On their 12 mo leases, you receive a $500 rent credit (to use however you like during the first 8mos). You also receive a $100 off if you lease within 48 hrs of viewing the complex. (Total of $600 off however you want to use it during the first 8 mos). The application fee is waived, and the security deposit (as of now) is $100 (normally $200).

Pines at Bethabara - 1BR($599) and 2BR ($699) These include FREE cable, incl HBO, for the entire lease (13 mos.) The manager said normally cable is $40 (which is a 50% discount rate on the normal price). The app fee is waived, and the sec dep is $100. The property mgr didn't say anything about first month free, but I'll give her time to gauge my interest and hook me in.

I know a lot has already been posted about these and other units, but these seem to be the most sought after. I'm going up to check them out before the HH and will find out more info/details.


This is great, thanks. Does anyone have a longer list of decent apartments in the area, preferably within 3 or 4 miles of the law school? I'm driving up there in a few days to look around before House Hunt and want to know what to look at/for.

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby PirateCap'n » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:34 pm

tarheel87 wrote:
MarineKappa wrote:Finally received my UserName/Pass ltr today. Was starting to get edgy about the arrival time considering I'm in state.

For many who aren't going to be able to attend the HH, here's some up-to-date apartment info:

Crowne Complexes (Polo and Park) - On their 12 mo leases, you receive a $500 rent credit (to use however you like during the first 8mos). You also receive a $100 off if you lease within 48 hrs of viewing the complex. (Total of $600 off however you want to use it during the first 8 mos). The application fee is waived, and the security deposit (as of now) is $100 (normally $200).

Pines at Bethabara - 1BR($599) and 2BR ($699) These include FREE cable, incl HBO, for the entire lease (13 mos.) The manager said normally cable is $40 (which is a 50% discount rate on the normal price). The app fee is waived, and the sec dep is $100. The property mgr didn't say anything about first month free, but I'll give her time to gauge my interest and hook me in.

I know a lot has already been posted about these and other units, but these seem to be the most sought after. I'm going up to check them out before the HH and will find out more info/details.


This is great, thanks. Does anyone have a longer list of decent apartments in the area, preferably within 3 or 4 miles of the law school? I'm driving up there in a few days to look around before House Hunt and want to know what to look at/for.


+1. Would like to know this as well.

User avatar
minkins
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:46 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby minkins » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:12 am

I found the class schedule on WIN and figured it would be of interest! Yay for no 75 minute classes. Anyone want to share which ones are best? :)

Contracts:
Simmons MWF 9-9:50
Foy MTuTh 11-11:50
Davis M 10-10:50, TuTh 9-9:50
Reynolds MTuTh 10-10:50

Criminal:
Wright MTuTh 1-1:50
Simmons TuWF 1-1:50
Rose MWTh 1-1:50
Rose MWTh 2-2:50

Civil:
Taha MWF 11-11:50
Taha M 12-12:50, WF 10-10:50
Walker MWF 9-9:50
Walker MWF 11-11:50

Torts:
Taylor MTuWF 10-10:50
Green MTuWTh 9-9:50
Cardi TuWThF 10-10:50
Peeples MTuThF 9-9:50

Legal Writing:
Coan
M 12-12:50
Tu/Th 9-9:50
W 1-1:50

Korzen
Tu 9-9:50, 2-2:50
Th 9-9:50
F 1-1:50

Curry
Tu 2-2:50
W 12-12:50
Th 1-1:50
F 9-9:50

Felsenburg
M 1-1:50
Tu 2-2:50
W 11-11:50
F 9-9:50

Graham
T/Th 11-11:50
W 12-12:50
F 1-1:50

Nero
M 11-11:50
T 11-11:50, 2-2:50
Th 11-11:50

Lentz
T 11-11:50
W 9-9:50, 1-1:50
F 1-1:50

Rogers
M 12-12:50
T 2-2:50
W 9-9:50
Th 1-1:50

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:46 pm

WIN is incredibly slow for me. I cant even load the page :| Ill check again when I get home from work.

Im thinking about hand-delivering my second deposit when Im in town to look at housing, and then seeing if there is anyone I can talk to about financial aid information. Couldnt hurt.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11726
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kalvano » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:10 pm

I just have to say that Wake Forest is incredibly awesome.

loveprofusion2
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby loveprofusion2 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:27 pm

I registered for the classes I wanted, but I also emailed admissions to see if that was okk. They said classes are automatically assigned for entering students, so I mightve wasted my time. I'm hoping to get the classes I registered for, but who knows.

minkins wrote:I found the class schedule on WIN and figured it would be of interest! Yay for no 75 minute classes. Anyone want to share which ones are best? :)

Contracts:
Simmons MWF 9-9:50
Foy MTuTh 11-11:50
Davis M 10-10:50, TuTh 9-9:50
Reynolds MTuTh 10-10:50

Criminal:
Wright MTuTh 1-1:50
Simmons TuWF 1-1:50
Rose MWTh 1-1:50
Rose MWTh 2-2:50

Civil:
Taha MWF 11-11:50
Taha M 12-12:50, WF 10-10:50
Walker MWF 9-9:50
Walker MWF 11-11:50

Torts:
Taylor MTuWF 10-10:50
Green MTuWTh 9-9:50
Cardi TuWThF 10-10:50
Peeples MTuThF 9-9:50

Legal Writing:
Coan
M 12-12:50
Tu/Th 9-9:50
W 1-1:50

Korzen
Tu 9-9:50, 2-2:50
Th 9-9:50
F 1-1:50

Curry
Tu 2-2:50
W 12-12:50
Th 1-1:50
F 9-9:50

Felsenburg
M 1-1:50
Tu 2-2:50
W 11-11:50
F 9-9:50

Graham
T/Th 11-11:50
W 12-12:50
F 1-1:50

Nero
M 11-11:50
T 11-11:50, 2-2:50
Th 11-11:50

Lentz
T 11-11:50
W 9-9:50, 1-1:50
F 1-1:50

Rogers
M 12-12:50
T 2-2:50
W 9-9:50
Th 1-1:50

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby PirateCap'n » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:31 pm

loveprofusion2 wrote:I registered for the classes I wanted, but I also emailed admissions to see if that was okk. They said classes are automatically assigned for entering students, so I mightve wasted my time. I'm hoping to get the classes I registered for, but who knows.


Glad to see that I'm not the only one who did that. I know we're put into sections, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:03 am

kalvano wrote:I just have to say that Wake Forest is incredibly awesome.


explain.

I got appointments to see The Pines and Crowne Park on Saturday. Just by the deals both offices told me about over the phone, Crowne Park needs to blow The Pines out of the water for them to have any chance of taking my money. I have a couple other places lined up for Sunday, but Im pretty sure ill end up at The Pines.

I didnt have time to check out WIN at home last night....I guess Ill try to remember tonight. If my math is correct, we take 14 credit hours first semester?

Life is too busy. I envy those of you who just graduated.

MarineKappa
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:04 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby MarineKappa » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:11 am

For everyone who has their password and has registered or attempted to register for classes, just received the following e-mail:

It has come to our attention that the username and password recently mailed to you allows you to access class registration. Feel free to look at classes and descriptions, but please do not register for classes. This service is open so that 2L's and 3L's can add and drop courses. As a 1L, you will be placed in your classes according to your section.

Registering for classes now can jeopardize your registration and your seat in classes. If you have already registered, please go back and DROP those classes.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fancyfluter22, hellohalo, Houzy, kalvano, lillawyer2, PDX4343, potterotter, premalone, stewhan, whodareswins, XUMickeal, Yahoo [Bot] and 22 guests