Wake Forest 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Dr. Review

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Dr. Review » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:11 pm

Bobby Kennedy wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:Good enough. I'd say you can't go wrong either way as long as you stick to the eastern-style BBQ.

Unfortunately, the only "eastern-style" BBQ place I've been to in Winston (Bib's Downtown) was pretty mediocre. Besides, "western style" is better anyway... just sayin ;)

If you're getting eastern style BBQ in Winston, you're doing it wrong. If you get a chance to eat it somewhere further east, reassess. I won't consider your opinion on this matter credible until that time.

Mostly joking, but being from the eastern style capital of NC, I'm pretty biased.

leraa6587

Postby leraa6587 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:13 pm

I really wish I had taken a picture of this to put on TLS, maybe someone else can. There is a painting of the last law school dean that you can see as you walk down one of the hallways. He served from '07-'09 I think, and he looks JUST like Will Ferrell. I was dying on our tour.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:46 pm

For everyone depressed - the class of 2009 graduated in one of the worst recessions in decades. Their employment stats have absolutely no bearing on people who haven't even started school yet. Think about the difference between 2006 and 2009. Only 3 years, but an enormous difference.

No one knows jack about what the world will be like in 3 years. So don't let current employment stats mess with your head.

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:55 pm

kalvano wrote:For everyone depressed - the class of 2009 graduated in one of the worst recessions in decades. Their employment stats have absolutely no bearing on people who haven't even started school yet. Think about the difference between 2006 and 2009. Only 3 years, but an enormous difference.

No one knows jack about what the world will be like in 3 years. So don't let current employment stats mess with your head.

Better yet, screw employed at graduation. As long as theyve got a good (and they do) employed after 9 months, whats the hold up?

And as Kalvano said, who the @#*& knows what the job market is going to look like in 3 years.

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:56 pm

leraa6587 wrote:I really wish I had taken a picture of this to put on TLS, maybe someone else can. There is a painting of the last law school dean that you can see as you walk down one of the hallways. He served from '07-'09 I think, and he looks JUST like Will Ferrell. I was dying on our tour.

lolcats!

Someone getta pic!

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:16 am

Nicholasnickynic wrote:
leraa6587 wrote:I really wish I had taken a picture of this to put on TLS, maybe someone else can. There is a painting of the last law school dean that you can see as you walk down one of the hallways. He served from '07-'09 I think, and he looks JUST like Will Ferrell. I was dying on our tour.

lolcats!

Someone getta pic!

I'm going to bring a camera along to take some pics on Friday, so I'll be sure to get one of this.

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:18 am

moandersen wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5086610

For any of you who will coming to bball games with me next season, here is some light reading to get you excited. :)

This thread is getting depressing. seriously.

If I end up at wake (debating them vs uga)- count me in.
I've lived near uva my whole life, so I'm a big acc basketball fan.

"Bzdelik has a career college coaching record of 111-105, lost his only NCAA tournament game as a head coach and is coming off his third straight losing season at Colorado.

Gaudio (who was 61-31 @ wake) was fired 15 months after leading the Demon Deacons to the second No. 1 national ranking in school history, and 2½ weeks after a 30-point loss to Kentucky in the second round of the East Regional left him with a record of 1-5 in postseason tournaments at the school."

So what about post season tournaments. At least hes getting them there!

Someone should tell wake that Skip Prosser-s dont grow on trees and that guadio was doing preeetty damn good.

UVA would kill for a coach like Gaudio.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:25 am

How about them Hurricanes?

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:27 am

they surprised the crap out of me in the acc tournament.

They were damn close to beating duke in the second round.

They're better than when they came into the acc, but thats about the extent of my knowledge on them ^.^

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:28 am

What the hell is the ACC?

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:31 am

Atlantic Coast Conference. The best college basketball conference in the country. Wake plays in it ^.^

I assumed you were talking about the miami hurricanes.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:35 am

Oh. I'll take your word for it.

I meant -

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:41 am

lol, now I feel like I'm in your position, as I have no idea what team that is.

Judging by the flag, I'm going to go ahead and say a hockey team =). :mrgreen:

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:44 am

The Carolina Hurricanes. Not a bad team, but in a bit of a slump right now. Won the Cup a few years ago.

This is cool. You can pretend to care about hockey, and I can pretend to care about other sports.

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:49 am

kalvano wrote:The Carolina Hurricanes. Not a bad team, but in a bit of a slump right now. Won the Cup a few years ago.

This is cool. You can pretend to care about hockey, and I can pretend to care about other sports.

lol, works for me

Dr. Review

Postby Dr. Review » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:04 am

kalvano wrote:The Carolina Hurricanes. Not a bad team, but in a bit of a slump right now. Won the Cup a few years ago.

'Canes started out really poorly. They picked it up quite a bit, though not enough to make the playoffs. Friend of mine does promotions for them for on-ice stuff. Also, Raleigh is getting the all-star game next year.

wakemeup

Postby wakemeup » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:17 am

Nicholasnickynic wrote:Atlantic Coast Conference. The best college basketball conference in the country. Wake plays in it ^.^

I assumed you were talking about the miami hurricanes.

Best basketball and the potential for the best football. Seriously, Miami, FSU, Va Tech, Georgia Tech and BC are legit football programs. When FSU and Miami are at full steam again, look out. The ACC will be right there with the SEC on the national football stage.

It's great. You have amazing basketball and very solid football. I can't wait for these games.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:17 am

Yeah. Sporadic good play just isn't enough. They'll rebound though. Ward is a hell of a goalie. They just had an off year. It's not like they are the Panthers or something.

DoktorZaius

Postby DoktorZaius » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:31 am

kalvano wrote:Yeah. Sporadic good play just isn't enough. They'll rebound though. Ward is a hell of a goalie. They just had an off year. It's not like they are the Panthers or something.

I just wish they had stayed bad. If they had the first or second pick for next year, they'd be sitting pretty. Oh well.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:16 am

DoktorZaius wrote:
kalvano wrote:Yeah. Sporadic good play just isn't enough. They'll rebound though. Ward is a hell of a goalie. They just had an off year. It's not like they are the Panthers or something.

I just wish they had stayed bad. If they had the first or second pick for next year, they'd be sitting pretty. Oh well.

It's hard to be as bad as Edmonton. At least they aren't in the Leafs' position - watching Boston use their draft pick to take an insanely talented guy, and will probably have to do the same next year.

tstyler98

Postby tstyler98 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:13 am

I went to a Hurricanes game a couple years ago (birthday present for my dad). My first hockey game was a Sabres game (grew up in western NY). I enjoy hockey, although I love baseball (and college basketball). We should get a bunch of us together and go to a game sometime. It's about 2 hours away, so a weekend game would probably be best. :D

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:57 am

tstyler98 wrote:I went to a Hurricanes game a couple years ago (birthday present for my dad). My first hockey game was a Sabres game (grew up in western NY). I enjoy hockey, although I love baseball (and college basketball). We should get a bunch of us together and go to a game sometime. It's about 2 hours away, so a weekend game would probably be best. :D

Im down when they play the hawks. Im going to have to forfeit my partial season ticket plan that was incredibly hard to get, so I need to get my hockey fix somehow.

As for the new hire, I like it. Gaudio always managed to suck it up come february. Ya he was good early in the season, but had a trend of late-season slumps. Not acceptable for a school that produced timmy and cp3.

It will be strange going from big 10 country to ACC country - better basketball, but poor football.

lml09

Postby lml09 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:57 am

tstyler98 wrote:I went to a Hurricanes game a couple years ago (birthday present for my dad). My first hockey game was a Sabres game (grew up in western NY). I enjoy hockey, although I love baseball (and college basketball). We should get a bunch of us together and go to a game sometime. It's about 2 hours away, so a weekend game would probably be best. :D

I've been babysitting for one of the dads who plays for the hurricanes for 6 years, hopefully I'll still be able to get us all free tickets next year!

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:42 am

lml09 wrote:

I've been babysitting for one of the dads who plays for the hurricanes for 6 years, hopefully I'll still be able to get us all free tickets next year!

you guys are making me want to pick wake!

Stop it!

nutininut

Postby nutininut » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:27 am

Well, for the baseball fans...I was able to make it to opening night for the minor league team's (the dash?) new stadium. As far as small minor league ballparks go, it was pretty nice. Parking sucked but the field is in the middle of downtown. And the local brewery was decent. The game sold out, which is a good sign.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”