Wake Forest 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sufjan

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby sufjan » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:42 pm

another tennis player here; will be at Wake in the fall

i haven't played competitively since high school though..

what about golf? just broke in some new golf shoes

are there courses in/near W-S?

lml09

Postby lml09 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:45 pm

sufjan wrote:another tennis player here; will be at Wake in the fall

There's a super nice course kind of behind the school and a couple more nearby. Winston has some pretty nice parts to it.

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:58 pm

I actually had a lengthy convo with a 3L about golfing, since I purchased a new set of clubs last summer. he said the golfing is great in the W-S area because:

1. Its dirt cheap
2. There are plenty of good/decent courses around
3. You can play year round!

The last one made me smile because living in chicago you only really have a 6 month window to golf. The ability to play all year and not have to 'rebuild' season after season is a huge plus. He also mentioned that as a 3L you have much more free time to golf during the weekdays - something to look forward to I guess.

Oh, I also play tennis - though never competitively. when i visited, wf was playing tennessee in doubles so i watched a couple of games. kinda cool.

sufjan

Postby sufjan » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:10 pm

nice. sounds like we'll be set if/when we find the time

moandersen wrote:

I actually had a lengthy convo with a 3L about golfing, since I purchased a new set of clubs last summer. he said the golfing is great in the W-S area because:

1. Its dirt cheap
2. There are plenty of good/decent courses around
3. You can play year round!

The last one made me smile because living in chicago you only really have a 6 month window to golf. The ability to play all year and not have to 'rebuild' season after season is a huge plus. He also mentioned that as a 3L you have much more free time to golf during the weekdays - something to look forward to I guess.

Oh, I also play tennis - though never competitively. when i visited, wf was playing tennessee in doubles so i watched a couple of games. kinda cool.

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:54 am

For people getting scholarships, I know you have to deposit by april one, but do you need to withdraw from all other schools as well?

I just made a non binding agreement with georgia that they would keep my scholarship past april 1. I was wondering if I sent my deposit in for Wake, would I have to withdraw from georgia.

flowerpot

Postby flowerpot » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:56 am

Visited on Friday and LOVED it!

MarineKappa

Postby MarineKappa » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:37 pm

Congrats to all the recent admits :!:

Are any of you interested in renting a place together (2 bedroom) or know of any good homes (price/location)?

I'm going up this Fri for a tour. Anyone have any specific questions you want me to ask?

jlnoa0915

Postby jlnoa0915 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:38 pm

MarineKappa wrote:Congrats to all the recent admits :!:

Are any of you interested in renting a place together (2 bedroom) or know of any good homes (price/location)?

I'm going up this Fri for a tour. Anyone have any specific questions you want me to ask?

Scope out the prices if you can, If I end up going there I'll be looking for roomies. Have fun, the campus is amazing!

tstyler98

Postby tstyler98 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:For people getting scholarships, I know you have to deposit by april one, but do you need to withdraw from all other schools as well?

I just made a non binding agreement with georgia that they would keep my scholarship past april 1. I was wondering if I sent my deposit in for Wake, would I have to withdraw from georgia.

There was nothing in my scholarship e-mail that says I had to withdrawal from other schools. I believe if you pay the 1st deposit due 4/1 but later decide to go somewhere else, you just lose the deposit (as you would without the scholarship). The only scholarship from Wake that I believe is binding is the Fletcher Scholarship...if you accept it, you must withdrawal from all other schools.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:53 pm

Anyone know if you can pay the deposit online?

I don't have a checkbook, so I hope so.

PirateCap'n

Postby PirateCap'n » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:56 pm

tstyler98 wrote:
Nicholasnickynic wrote:For people getting scholarships, I know you have to deposit by april one, but do you need to withdraw from all other schools as well?

There was nothing in my scholarship e-mail that says I had to withdrawal from other schools. I believe if you pay the 1st deposit due 4/1 but later decide to go somewhere else, you just lose the deposit (as you would without the scholarship). The only scholarship from Wake that I believe is binding is the Fletcher Scholarship...if you accept it, you must withdrawal from all other schools.

According to the scholarship email "Commitment & Deposit Date for scholarship recipients is April 1, 2010." I don't know what exactly it means by commitment though. It sounds kind of like you're agreeing to attend. I guess one of us should probably call and ask.

sufjan

Postby sufjan » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:02 pm

kalvano wrote:Anyone know if you can pay the deposit online?

I called and asked this last week and was told all they accept is check..i was thinking maybe i could pay online or over the phone, but..

Maybe go to the bank for a cashier's check?

PirateCap'n

Postby PirateCap'n » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:09 pm

sufjan wrote:

I called and asked this last week and was told all they accept is check..i was thinking maybe i could pay online or over the phone, but..

Any chance you know if they can just take a check # over the phone?

sufjan

Postby sufjan » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:29 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
sufjan wrote:

Any chance you know if they can just take a check # over the phone?

unsure..Jenny said to mail a check in..sounds like 'no' to over the phone

msv5010

Postby msv5010 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:07 pm

I'm on the waitlist and considering withdrawing. Does anyone know how to go about this? Do I just send them an email?

d-cannon

Postby d-cannon » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:07 pm

MarineKappa wrote:Congrats to all the recent admits :!:

Wake Law has a big "house hunt" in June, where potential rommates can meet up and look for places. I may be looking for a roommate or three.

PirateCap'n

Postby PirateCap'n » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:09 pm

msv5010 wrote:I'm on the waitlist and considering withdrawing. Does anyone know how to go about this? Do I just send them an email?

Yep. Just send an email to admissions asking them to remove you from the waitlist. They seem to be pretty nice, so I'm sure you won't have any problems with it.

chrisokc

Postby chrisokc » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:12 pm

I withdrew w/$18k today - more money available.

GatorBait09

Postby GatorBait09 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:51 am

Just thought I'd let you lurkers on the WL know there's another spot open; I just withdrew today. Goodluck.

lml09

Postby lml09 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:52 pm

Hello friends and lovers!

Since we were recently talking about intramurals/club sports, I thought I'd share a link that lists all of the club sports. The intramural list is incomplete.

http://www.wfu.edu/campusrec/clubsports/teams.html

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:29 pm

Called the Nutster...

you DO NOT have to withdraw from other schools when you put down your april 1 deposit.

This is crucial for me because unless wake ups my scholly, I won't be going there.

Looks like ill be doing some double depositing. I think the few extra hundred dollars is worth the shot at big time Ks.

lfgsuperman

Postby lfgsuperman » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:59 pm

I'm not familiar with this post but does anyone know how they are rejecting people? Is it via e-mail similar to their acceptances?

DoktorZaius

Postby DoktorZaius » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:13 pm

How soon after acceptance have people been getting offered scholly $? I got the acceptance email a week ago today, so hopefully that doesn't mean I'm completely hopeless.

lml09

Postby lml09 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:03 pm

Sooo, my Aunt who recently graduated from Wake law just sent me a "demon deacon care package" with lots of great Wake Forest stuff. Weird thing is, there's a pacifier, baby bottle and infant shirt that says "My first words: Go Deacs!" in it. All super cute stuff, but I don't even have an SO....
:shock:

Mich33

Postby Mich33 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:09 pm

Has anyone gone to any of the ASD's? If so, what did you wear??

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”