Wake Forest 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
lml09
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby lml09 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:46 pm

akili wrote:
lml09 wrote:
akili wrote:
lml09 wrote:So, I know Wake has some pretty rockin intramural sports, but I don't remember them saying they had a lacrosse team? Anyone know? It would be a nice way to chill out after classes and get some exercise.


I LOVE lacrosse. But I'm a girl (I can't remember if you are a dude or not, sorry!). My UG has no form of lacrosse and I've missed it like crazy. I would also love to hear if anyone plays Ultimate at Wake. That's my sport of choice these days.


ha no worries, I'm a girl too! Excellent! Wake has a pretty intense ultimate team, btw.


Well I'm pretty horrible at lax now, but I would definitely be interested in playing for fun. That's exciting about the ultimate team. I doubt I'll have time 1L but maybe 2L or 3L? What intramurals does Wake have?


they have an impressive number of intramurals, a student I was talking to rattled off a long list of them, and they take them VERY seriously. The rivalry between the law and med school is rumored to get very ugly.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby akili » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:47 pm

lml09 wrote:
they have an impressive number of intramurals, a student I was talking to rattled off a long list of them, and they take them VERY seriously. The rivalry between the law and med school is rumored to get very ugly.


That sounds perfect. Rivalry = stress reliever :) Do you think you'll play any?

User avatar
lml09
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby lml09 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:50 pm

akili wrote:
lml09 wrote:
they have an impressive number of intramurals, a student I was talking to rattled off a long list of them, and they take them VERY seriously. The rivalry between the law and med school is rumored to get very ugly.


That sounds perfect. Rivalry = stress reliever :) Do you think you'll play any?


I hope so. Even getting out to play one afternoon a week will work wonders for stress relief and socializing. Too much time in the library= depression.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby akili » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:57 pm

lml09 wrote:
akili wrote:
lml09 wrote:
they have an impressive number of intramurals, a student I was talking to rattled off a long list of them, and they take them VERY seriously. The rivalry between the law and med school is rumored to get very ugly.


That sounds perfect. Rivalry = stress reliever :) Do you think you'll play any?


I hope so. Even getting out to play one afternoon a week will work wonders for stress relief and socializing. Too much time in the library= depression.


So I looked at your LSN profile (like a creeper). Are you going to ride out the W/L at UNC or is Wake now your top?

User avatar
lml09
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby lml09 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:58 pm

I'm staying on at UNC until mid June out of curiousity, but my heart and my money are already at Wake :D

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby akili » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:59 pm

lml09 wrote:I'm staying on at UNC until mid June out of curiousity, but my heart and my money are already at Wake :D


Nice! It's looking more and more like that's where I'm going to heading as well. I was planning on taking a year off but am having trouble finding legitimate volunteer opportunities so I might even start next year. I'm kind of excited, plus, I want a dog. Haha.

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby LSATfromNC » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:07 pm

Stress reliever would be the keg I've heard is posted outside of the law school occasionally :)

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby akili » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:08 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:Stress reliever would be the keg I've heard is posted outside of the law school occasionally :)


Foosball AND kegs??...Wake just keeps getting better :D

User avatar
lml09
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby lml09 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:13 pm

akili wrote:
LSATfromNC wrote:Stress reliever would be the keg I've heard is posted outside of the law school occasionally :)


Foosball AND kegs??...Wake just keeps getting better :D



Intramurals + acc basketball + kegs in the courtyard + awesome fellow students = great three years... Almost forgot about the whole law school/exams part....

User avatar
Gunners87
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:27 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Gunners87 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:20 pm

traehekat wrote:Any tennis fans out there?


+1, love tennis. Also, huge college hoops fan, undergrad at Villanova sucked me in to it. Wake and Nova in the final four!

User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby tstyler98 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:34 pm

kalvano wrote:After a lot of thought, I have decided to make the jump and send a deposit to Wake. I just got such a great feel from the school, the area was very nice, even my wife said she felt it was the best-fit school.

Got a realtor coming Saturday to look at the house, and my wife has spent a couple days on the phone with the North Carolina Department of Education.

Hopefully everything falls in to place.


Yeah! It'll be nice knowing someone else there, since I met you and your wife at the quasi-Open House on 2/5.

I sent in my deposit at the beginning of March. The only reason I hadn't posted it on here was because I still hadn't heard from UNC (and I still haven't). But I really loved everything about Wake when I checked it out, and the scholarship makes Wake cheaper than UNC (even as a probable resident). So, even though I'd love to make my acceptances this round be 2 for 2, I've already made up my mind...if UNC doesn't accept me, then oh well.

I'm really excited about Wake.

User avatar
gogo
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:52 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby gogo » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:00 pm

lml09 wrote:
akili wrote:
LSATfromNC wrote:Stress reliever would be the keg I've heard is posted outside of the law school occasionally :)


Foosball AND kegs??...Wake just keeps getting better :D



Intramurals + acc basketball + kegs in the courtyard + awesome fellow students = great three years... Almost forgot about the whole law school/exams part....


+1 I'm deciding between Wake and UGA but you all are definitely tipping the balance in favor of wake...now only if they would give me some $$$!

User avatar
DoktorZaius
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:21 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby DoktorZaius » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:49 pm

So I'm in @ Wake Forest and George Mason & waiting on some other decisions. I like a lot of what I'm vibing here, but I'm skeptical of the area/job prospects in Winston-Salem matching up to the D.C. area. I guess we'll see...

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11723
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kalvano » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:59 pm

tstyler98 wrote:
kalvano wrote:After a lot of thought, I have decided to make the jump and send a deposit to Wake. I just got such a great feel from the school, the area was very nice, even my wife said she felt it was the best-fit school.

Got a realtor coming Saturday to look at the house, and my wife has spent a couple days on the phone with the North Carolina Department of Education.

Hopefully everything falls in to place.


Yeah! It'll be nice knowing someone else there, since I met you and your wife at the quasi-Open House on 2/5.

I sent in my deposit at the beginning of March. The only reason I hadn't posted it on here was because I still hadn't heard from UNC (and I still haven't). But I really loved everything about Wake when I checked it out, and the scholarship makes Wake cheaper than UNC (even as a probable resident). So, even though I'd love to make my acceptances this round be 2 for 2, I've already made up my mind...if UNC doesn't accept me, then oh well.

I'm really excited about Wake.



Cool. It's pretty much out of my hands right now. I'm going to have be a bit of an ass and double-deposit at Wake and SMU, but I really want to go to Wake. I was just really impressed with everything about the school, from admissions to the pseudo-tour, to everything. Plus, litigation and prosecution work is what I want to do, and I was incredibly impressed by their litigation training.

As for you, isn't Wake a better choice anyway? By that, I mean don't they out-place UNC in most categories?

Anyways, hope to see you there.








Also, does anyone know if there is like a karate-sparring club or anything like that? I don't need a full dojo, but someone to spar with now and then would be fantastic.

User avatar
motedust
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby motedust » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:12 pm

Gunners87 wrote:
traehekat wrote:Any tennis fans out there?


+1, love tennis. Also, huge college hoops fan, undergrad at Villanova sucked me in to it. Wake and Nova in the final four!


What's up guys, I'm a former collegiate player. Definitely looking to ball a little if/when I decide to go to Wake. Big serve, big groundies, no vollies or footwork haha.

Also, Kalvano I'm a shodan at shotokan karate, trained in a bunch of others (aikido, bjj, muay thai)!

If I get any $$ after the 4/1 deposit deadline I'm almost locked at Wake. Trying to get to the 4/12 ASD. Anyone else??

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11723
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kalvano » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:15 pm

motedust wrote:Also, Kalvano I'm a shodan at shotokan karate, trained in a bunch of others (aikido, bjj, muay thai)



Awesome. I can't fully train any more because I've got shredded knees, but I was an advanced belt and miss sparring.

Now I am hoping for you to get money, too. Not that I wouldn't anyway, but now it's double hoping.

MDPSteve
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby MDPSteve » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:56 pm

Has anyone else been Decision Letter Pending since 3/10/2010? It looks like most acceptances and waitlists come via email... does anyone noticed if rejections also come via email?

twintipping_bumps
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:14 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby twintipping_bumps » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:19 pm

motedust wrote:
Gunners87 wrote:
traehekat wrote:Any tennis fans out there?


+1, love tennis. Also, huge college hoops fan, undergrad at Villanova sucked me in to it. Wake and Nova in the final four!


What's up guys, I'm a former collegiate player. Definitely looking to ball a little if/when I decide to go to Wake. Big serve, big groundies, no vollies or footwork haha.

Also, Kalvano I'm a shodan at shotokan karate, trained in a bunch of others (aikido, bjj, muay thai)!

If I get any $$ after the 4/1 deposit deadline I'm almost locked at Wake. Trying to get to the 4/12 ASD. Anyone else??


I just got off the courts this afternoon. It looks like they have 14 courts at Wake, all near the Law Building. It seems like there could be a good tennis scene there.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby traehekat » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:16 am

motedust wrote:
Gunners87 wrote:
traehekat wrote:Any tennis fans out there?


+1, love tennis. Also, huge college hoops fan, undergrad at Villanova sucked me in to it. Wake and Nova in the final four!


What's up guys, I'm a former collegiate player. Definitely looking to ball a little if/when I decide to go to Wake. Big serve, big groundies, no vollies or footwork haha.


Nice, I play pretty similar. What division did you play?

twintipping_bumps wrote:I just got off the courts this afternoon. It looks like they have 14 courts at Wake, all near the Law Building. It seems like there could be a good tennis scene there.


This is definitely good to hear.

User avatar
set88
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:33 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby set88 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:54 am

Hey all. Anyone here thinking about going to the ASD on April 12? I'd like to visit but trying to decide if it's worth the flight up from Florida.

User avatar
lml09
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby lml09 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:41 pm

set88 wrote:Hey all. Anyone here thinking about going to the ASD on April 12? I'd like to visit but trying to decide if it's worth the flight up from Florida.



I already went to one in February but if you are really considering Wake I think you should visit.

Also, I'm no tennis super star, but I'd be up for some intermediate playing. :D

P.S. Kentucky can kiss my bum. :evil:

User avatar
set88
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:33 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby set88 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:38 pm

lml09 wrote:
set88 wrote:Hey all. Anyone here thinking about going to the ASD on April 12? I'd like to visit but trying to decide if it's worth the flight up from Florida.



I already went to one in February but if you are really considering Wake I think you should visit.

Also, I'm no tennis super star, but I'd be up for some intermediate playing. :D

P.S. Kentucky can kiss my bum. :evil:



What was it like? Just info sessions? How about a tour? Wake is sort of a distant choice for me, but if I'm going to consider it at all I'd like to visit. Also wondering how many people would actually be likely to be there. I think a Monday is kind of a weird day to have it. I can make it work for my schedule, but I wouldn't want to be like the only one there.

redbutton
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby redbutton » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:46 pm

set88 wrote:
lml09 wrote:
set88 wrote:Hey all. Anyone here thinking about going to the ASD on April 12? I'd like to visit but trying to decide if it's worth the flight up from Florida.

:



What was it like? Just info sessions? How about a tour? Wake is sort of a distant choice for me, but if I'm going to consider it at all I'd like to visit. Also wondering how many people would actually be likely to be there. I think a Monday is kind of a weird day to have it. I can make it work for my schedule, but I wouldn't want to be like the only one there.



I would DEFINITELY visit if I were you. The day consists of a welcome breakfast, tour, classroom visit, and a lunch/law school programs/activities presentation. I thought Wake was my first choice of the 9 law schools I'm deciding between, and found out that it is my absolute last choice! I'm not trying to say anything bad about the school or area, but, as I found from my experience, it's not for everyone and I'm so thankful that I visited before sending in my seat deposit (which I considered doing without even visiting).

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11723
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kalvano » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:23 pm

set88 wrote:What was it like? Just info sessions? How about a tour? Wake is sort of a distant choice for me, but if I'm going to consider it at all I'd like to visit. Also wondering how many people would actually be likely to be there. I think a Monday is kind of a weird day to have it. I can make it work for my schedule, but I wouldn't want to be like the only one there.



When I went, they actually canceled it because of snow, and a lot of people still showed up.

You should definitely go. I found it very helpful to visit schools, as each school has a unique feel about it.

I think you will really like Wake, I know I did.

lawwhat
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:35 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby lawwhat » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:26 pm

redbutton wrote:
set88 wrote:
lml09 wrote:
set88 wrote:Hey all. Anyone here thinking about going to the ASD on April 12? I'd like to visit but trying to decide if it's worth the flight up from Florida.

:



What was it like? Just info sessions? How about a tour? Wake is sort of a distant choice for me, but if I'm going to consider it at all I'd like to visit. Also wondering how many people would actually be likely to be there. I think a Monday is kind of a weird day to have it. I can make it work for my schedule, but I wouldn't want to be like the only one there.



I would DEFINITELY visit if I were you. The day consists of a welcome breakfast, tour, classroom visit, and a lunch/law school programs/activities presentation. I thought Wake was my first choice of the 9 law schools I'm deciding between, and found out that it is my absolute last choice! I'm not trying to say anything bad about the school or area, but, as I found from my experience, it's not for everyone and I'm so thankful that I visited before sending in my seat deposit (which I considered doing without even visiting).


What didn't you like about Wake? Or, what made it drop from 1st to 9th on your list? Do you mind elaborating?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”