Wake Forest 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
moandersen

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:42 pm

TWoodWil wrote:
moandersen wrote:I got a personalized email from melanie nutt today in response to an email I send after the whole scholarship fiasco. While the facilities, reputation, and job placement of WF is solid, its the faculty and staff that makes WF stand out imo.

Was the email retracted 4 minutes later by another email sent by an assistant?

haha. cold-blooded! :lol:

Panther7

Postby Panther7 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:44 pm

This scholly thing is a real drag.... I can't make a decision about attending until I hear my scholly (or lack thereof) info.

MarineKappa

Postby MarineKappa » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:37 pm

Well, guys, hope to meet you soon. Looks like I'm going to choose Wake over Campbell and Central. I'll be visiting on 26 March for the open house. Talking to the staff, Melanie & Janet, today -- you guys are right. They are very personable and friendly. I'm going to check on some Wake Law paraphernalia (sp?). Anybody got any links for some good buys online?

sufjan

Postby sufjan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:53 pm

MarineKappa wrote:Well, guys, hope to meet you soon. Looks like I'm going to choose Wake over Campbell and Central. I'll be visiting on 26 March for the open house. Talking to the staff, Melanie & Janet, today -- you guys are right. They are very personable and friendly. I'm going to check on some Wake Law paraphernalia (sp?). Anybody got any links for some good buys online?

welcome sir!

http://www.deaconshop.com/

MarineKappa

Postby MarineKappa » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:04 pm

In my acceptance letter from Dean Morant, he spoke of the newly implemented Applied Legal Theory - Law in Action Program. One of the aspects he discussed was the Wake Forest Initiative in D.C. This sounds very professional and fun at the same time. Do any current Wake students (lishi?) have any thoughts/advice about this program? Is this a program recently started (last one/two years), or will this be the first year of its implementation?

markstokes3

Postby markstokes3 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:48 pm

I've been under administrative review since 2/9. Does anyone know when I can expect to get a decision?

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:46 am

markstokes3 wrote:I've been under administrative review since 2/9. Does anyone know when I can expect to get a decision?

Call and ask. They will tell you.

adk6

Postby adk6 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:08 pm

kalvano wrote:
markstokes3 wrote:I've been under administrative review since 2/9. Does anyone know when I can expect to get a decision?

Call and ask. They will tell you.

Just called (I've been in administrative review since 2/16). They told me that they have only 1-2 people reading applications and it is going very slowly. She said that since my administrative review date was 2/16 I would probably hear "pretty soon."

Basically, they have no idea and are just taking the files in order received.

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:12 pm

adk6 wrote:Just called (I've been in administrative review since 2/16). They told me that they have only 1-2 people reading applications and it is going very slowly. She said that since my administrative review date was 2/16 I would probably hear "pretty soon."

When did you apply? Some apps move toward the front (like mine), but most are evaluated in the order they are completed. However, it seems WF sends out acceptances/waitlists/rejections in batches, so you might have to wait until that particular batch has been sent out - even if there was a decision reached before that date.

adk6

Postby adk6 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:06 pm

moandersen wrote:
adk6 wrote:Just called (I've been in administrative review since 2/16). They told me that they have only 1-2 people reading applications and it is going very slowly. She said that since my administrative review date was 2/16 I would probably hear "pretty soon."

When did you apply? Some apps move toward the front (like mine), but most are evaluated in the order they are completed. However, it seems WF sends out acceptances/waitlists/rejections in batches, so you might have to wait until that particular batch has been sent out - even if there was a decision reached before that date.

I applied 2/1 and was complete/in admin review by 2/16. Silence since then. Any idea when the last batch went out? I haven't even made it into committee review yet, so I'm not sure I'll hear anything soon. Thoughts?

sotomayor

Postby sotomayor » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:15 pm

adk6 wrote:
moandersen wrote:

I applied 2/1 and was complete/in admin review by 2/16. Silence since then. Any idea when the last batch went out? I haven't even made it into committee review yet, so I'm not sure I'll hear anything soon. Thoughts?

yeah...i've been in [strike]admin[/strike] committee review since 2/2. sorry not the same thing. has anyone else been in committee review this long?
Last edited by sotomayor on Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

d-cannon

Postby d-cannon » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:17 pm

adk6 wrote:I applied 2/1 and was complete/in admin review by 2/16. Silence since then. Any idea when the last batch went out? I haven't even made it into committee review yet, so I'm not sure I'll hear anything soon. Thoughts?

Wake Forest seems to be one of the few schools that do not give static when your inquire about your file via phone. However, I seem to remember the etiquette for follow-up to be at least four weeks after being complete. I was accepted five weeks after going complete. If I were you, I would feel comfortable calling them next week.

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:18 pm

adk6 wrote:
moandersen wrote:

Check lsn for when the batches have come out - sort by decision date. not everyone goes through both reviews either...

Panther7

Postby Panther7 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:20 pm

moandersen wrote:
adk6 wrote:
moandersen wrote:

Check lsn for when the batches have come out - sort by decision date. not everyone goes through both reviews either...

Correct, I only went through administrative review, and I'm not exactly auto-admit material.

lml09

Postby lml09 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:38 pm

Did everyone else receive the Rose scholarship email as well?

kbeth18

Postby kbeth18 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:41 pm

What is the Rose scholarship? Congrats.

Just got it.

lml09

Postby lml09 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:50 pm

kbeth18 wrote:What is the Rose scholarship? Congrats.

Just got it.

Yeah, wanted to make sure it was just a mass email and not something only a few people got.

Sad day, still no scholly for me. And I just got spaghetti sauce on my iPhone screen. Drat!!

tkicker182

Postby tkicker182 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:23 pm

I just withdrew so I hope one of you guys gets my spot.

Noguchi

Postby Noguchi » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Last edited by Noguchi on Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dhatfie1

Postby dhatfie1 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:55 am

Does anybody think you can get the Rose Scholarship (based on need) and an academic scholarship as well? That would be UH-mazing.

primusux

Postby primusux » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:12 am

Can someone tell me the subject of the email or how you received your WF status checker ID/pass? I applied later in the game than most but to this point have not received an ID/Pass as far as I know.

Thanks

tstyler98

Postby tstyler98 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:00 am

primusux wrote:Can someone tell me the subject of the email or how you received your WF status checker ID/pass? I applied later in the game than most but to this point have not received an ID/Pass as far as I know.

Thanks

The subject of the e-mail I received that had my status checker ID and password was "Wake Forest Law School Application". I would e-mail them to ask for the status checker.

LSATfromNC

Postby LSATfromNC » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:57 am

dhatfie1 wrote:Does anybody think you can get the Rose Scholarship (based on need) and an academic scholarship as well? That would be UH-mazing.

Did everyone get this email?

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:33 am

primusux wrote:Can someone tell me the subject of the email or how you received your WF status checker ID/pass? I applied later in the game than most but to this point have not received an ID/Pass as far as I know.

Thanks

I applied on 2/28 and got mine towards the middle of last week.

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:51 am

LSATfromNC wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:Does anybody think you can get the Rose Scholarship (based on need) and an academic scholarship as well? That would be UH-mazing.

Did everyone get this email?

I think so. Im wondering how they are going to base it on need since nothing I saw on the app asked for income - look at our fafsa? If so I wont qualify and wont bother to apply.

This email was such a tease. I was in the middle of evaluating kids for tryouts when my phone beeped to notify me of a new email. The only part of the subject line that was able to fit on my phone email was "Wake Forest Law Scholarship" and I got super excited. I opened the email and quickly scanned for numbers (haha) and saw 15k, and got 10x more excited. Then, later on, when I gave the kids a break I rechecked the email and read it fully. What a downer... :(

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”