Wake Forest 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
whatchootalkinbout
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby whatchootalkinbout » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:56 pm

TWoodWil wrote:Got that same email about the 90k scholarship. 4 minutes later another email saying that the award email I received was sent in error. That's what happens when you send our form mass emails instead of individual messages.

-1 for your Wake.

^ Not everyone got 30k.

User avatar
lml09
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby lml09 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:57 pm

nyskidude wrote:
lml09 wrote:Just got the email too. Come on wake, you're supposed to be better than unc!

Soooo not impressed with wake right now. It's really not that hard to use email.

But I'm wondering why we all got varying $ amounts? Mine was only for 30k.


It was probably 30k per year. That's what mine was. Unless I'm wrong. It was, in fact, your e-mail and not mine, so I can't say for sure lol.



My bad. Anger and frustration prevented me from reading the whole thing.

User avatar
TWoodWil
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:19 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby TWoodWil » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:58 pm

whatchootalkinbout wrote:
TWoodWil wrote:Got that same email about the 90k scholarship. 4 minutes later another email saying that the award email I received was sent in error. That's what happens when you send our form mass emails instead of individual messages.

-1 for your Wake.

^ Not everyone got 30k.


It was 30k a year.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby akili » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:58 pm

Ok actually I'm a little pissed. Just because they have offered me zero money so far. Would now be a good time to ask for some?

User avatar
TWoodWil
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:19 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby TWoodWil » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:00 pm

As good a time as any.

User avatar
whatchootalkinbout
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby whatchootalkinbout » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:00 pm

akili wrote:Ok actually I'm a little pissed. Just because they have offered me zero money so far. Would now be a good time to ask for some?

Maybe you're in the "JK THESE GUYS GET REAL MONEY" pile. Consider yourself lucky.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby akili » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:01 pm

whatchootalkinbout wrote:
akili wrote:Ok actually I'm a little pissed. Just because they have offered me zero money so far. Would now be a good time to ask for some?

Maybe you're in the "JK THESE GUYS GET REAL MONEY" pile. Consider yourself lucky.


This is a pile?? I mean I doubt they will. My LSAT isn't that great...

User avatar
scottstot
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby scottstot » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:03 pm

WF just went down 15 spots in USNWR

User avatar
lml09
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby lml09 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:04 pm

akili wrote:
whatchootalkinbout wrote:
akili wrote:Ok actually I'm a little pissed. Just because they have offered me zero money so far. Would now be a good time to ask for some?

Maybe you're in the "JK THESE GUYS GET REAL MONEY" pile. Consider yourself lucky.


This is a pile?? I mean I doubt they will. My LSAT isn't that great...



Hmm, anyone not get the emails, or not get the "oopsies" email?

User avatar
lml09
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby lml09 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:05 pm

scottstot wrote:WF just went down 15 spots in USNWR


Was seriously considering sending in my deposit today...but now, Colorado here I come...

User avatar
orangebluewhitered
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 7:29 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby orangebluewhitered » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:08 pm

I bet somebody in that office gets fired...

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby LSATfromNC » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:09 pm

lml09 wrote:
akili wrote:
whatchootalkinbout wrote:
akili wrote:Ok actually I'm a little pissed. Just because they have offered me zero money so far. Would now be a good time to ask for some?

Maybe you're in the "JK THESE GUYS GET REAL MONEY" pile. Consider yourself lucky.


This is a pile?? I mean I doubt they will. My LSAT isn't that great...



Hmm, anyone not get the emails, or not get the "oopsies" email?


I didn't get it but then again I already have an offer from them. The 30k has to be meant for someone, wonder if it's based of the Scholar Day?

Edit: Wonder if this will wind up on Above the Law
Last edited by LSATfromNC on Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kp009
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:56 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kp009 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:10 pm

Got the 30k email too, I'm so angry right now, and considering responding with my withdrawal. I was truly considering Wake and that kind of money may have won me over against in-state at UGA, but I have to accept UGA April 1 so no money from Wake until then essentially takes them out of the running and I will tell them as much.

User avatar
Pretzel_Logic
Posts: 7797
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Pretzel_Logic » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:10 pm

30K offer...jk

haha, stay professional, Wake. Oh well, I saw both emails at once so whoop-de-doo.

User avatar
dhatfie1
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby dhatfie1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:10 pm

orangebluewhitered wrote:I bet somebody in that office gets fired...


I would hope..that is a BIG deal

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby akili » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:11 pm

My visit was actually really great and Wake had moved to the top of my list...now I'm just kind of angry/disappointed. Why Wake? Why??

GatorBait09
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby GatorBait09 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:11 pm

Congrats to all the waitlisters who get in now! I hope your numbers sufficiently lower WF's medians.

User avatar
scottstot
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby scottstot » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:11 pm

lml09 wrote:
scottstot wrote:WF just went down 15 spots in USNWR


Was seriously considering sending in my deposit today...but now, Colorado here I come...

Dear ScottsTot:

The Scholarship award letter you just received was sent in error. We cannot tell you how sorry we are that this event happend and we hope that you will accept our sincerest apology.

Please call me if you have any questions.

Kindest regards,
XXXXXXX

Commitment date for scholarship recipients is April 1, 2010


My favorite part about the e-mail is that at the bottom they still requested the commitment date for the scholarship recipients.

Oh, and happened is spelled wrong.

User avatar
dhatfie1
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby dhatfie1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:12 pm

TWoodWil wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:Yep..same happened to me, and to think, I ALMOST purchased my non-refundable plane ticket to go down there lol

Edit: Just received a REAL 11k/ year scholly from OSU, I think that about seals the deal for me.


I just received a scholarship email from OSU as well. Maybe they've sensed our disillusion with Wake and are pouncing on their admits.


lol..their strategy worked beautifully

User avatar
klussy
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:19 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby klussy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:13 pm

Got them both as well. What made it even worse was how poorly written the emails were. I mean, the "Great Class of 2013"? :roll:

User avatar
lml09
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby lml09 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:13 pm

akili wrote:My visit was actually really great and Wake had moved to the top of my list...now I'm just kind of angry/disappointed. Why Wake? Why??


I'm pissed. Just pissed. Will probably get over it in a couple hours, but still.

User avatar
whatchootalkinbout
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby whatchootalkinbout » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:14 pm

Anyone else notice that the initial scholarship e-mail and the error e-mail were from two different people? Melanie Nutt sent the first one, and a woman named Janet sent the correction e-mail...possibly because Ms. Nutt was fleeing Winston-Salem to take over Candy's job at the Phoenix School of Law?

User avatar
dhatfie1
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby dhatfie1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:14 pm

Does anybody else find it rather amusing that Melanie Nutt's email is "nuttme@wfu.com?" lol it describes perfectly what happened to all of us today.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby akili » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:16 pm

I think it's because Melanie was at the lunch/student panel thing this afternoon. I left campus and she was still talking to people.

User avatar
whatchootalkinbout
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby whatchootalkinbout » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:16 pm

dhatfie1 wrote:Does anybody else find it rather amusing that Melanie Nutt's email is "nuttme@wfu.com?" lol it describes perfectly what happened to all of us today.

You win. The end.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cyclawps, tylergreenandgold, xn3345 and 9 guests