Wake Forest 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:07 pm

Pretzel_Logic wrote:
fcowrx wrote:Status changed to Administrative Review today. How long does it usually take to get a decision??


it took me exactly a week. Good luck!


3 Weeks For Me.

User avatar
Panther7
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Panther7 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:39 am

anyone know if Wake does travel stipends?

MDPSteve
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby MDPSteve » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:39 am

84Sunbird2000 wrote:
Pretzel_Logic wrote:
fcowrx wrote:Status changed to Administrative Review today. How long does it usually take to get a decision??


it took me exactly a week. Good luck!


3 Weeks For Me.


I'm slightly over 4 weeks.

tkicker182
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:34 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby tkicker182 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:11 am

2 days for me

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby hotdog123 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:45 am

I'm really tempted to squeak in before the March 1 deadline... Wake was originally on my list but I dropped them and now I'm regretting it. I'd probably, at best, get WL'd.

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23852
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Thirteen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:02 am

DonnyMost wrote:I'm really tempted to squeak in before the March 1 deadline... Wake was originally on my list but I dropped them and now I'm regretting it. I'd probably, at best, get WL'd.


You should send an e-mail to the Office of Admissions requesting a fee waiver. I asked for one, and they granted my request within a few hours. Make sure to include your LSAC #. It is late in the cycle, but it's worth 12 bucks to see if you have a shot. I applied around this time during last year's cycle, and was admitted off the waitlist at the end of April. Good luck!

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:14 am

Panther7 wrote:anyone know if Wake does travel stipends?


I wish I knew. I sent them an email two weeks ago to ask about travel stipends and other questions I had, but no response. Maybe Ill ask in person on monday for them to pony up.

Any suggestions on restaurants to try out while Im there? Im trying to do some research now so I dont walk/drive around aimlessly looking for a good place to eat. So far Im going to try out the brewery (is there a more formal title?) and shortys (i guess its better than the greek place for breakfast?). Feel free to add your personal favs. Thanks.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kalvano » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:46 am

Panther7 wrote:anyone know if Wake does travel stipends?



They will reimburse you $200 if you matriculate.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kalvano » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:46 am

moandersen wrote:
Panther7 wrote:anyone know if Wake does travel stipends?


I wish I knew. I sent them an email two weeks ago to ask about travel stipends and other questions I had, but no response. Maybe Ill ask in person on monday for them to pony up.

Any suggestions on restaurants to try out while Im there? Im trying to do some research now so I dont walk/drive around aimlessly looking for a good place to eat. So far Im going to try out the brewery (is there a more formal title?) and shortys (i guess its better than the greek place for breakfast?). Feel free to add your personal favs. Thanks.



Don't eat at the Mexican restaurants. They are an abomination.

User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby tstyler98 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:41 pm

kalvano wrote:
Panther7 wrote:anyone know if Wake does travel stipends?



They will reimburse you $200 if you matriculate.


However, the e-mail sent to us prior to the February 5th Open House was that they will only reimburse the $200 if you attend an Open House/ASD prior to March 5th. So, that would imply that if you go after March 5th, you're out of luck. But the best thing to do would be to e-mail them to ask.

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:02 pm

tstyler98 wrote:
kalvano wrote:
Panther7 wrote:anyone know if Wake does travel stipends?



They will reimburse you $200 if you matriculate.


However, the e-mail sent to us prior to the February 5th Open House was that they will only reimburse the $200 if you attend an Open House/ASD prior to March 5th. So, that would imply that if you go after March 5th, you're out of luck. But the best thing to do would be to e-mail them to ask.


Did they email a schedule for the ASD? As of right now the only information I have (taken from the admitted students website) is where to meet and the time.

User avatar
sufjan
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby sufjan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:09 pm

ASD or open house?

ASD was jan 29 and feb 5 or something like that. Did the feb 5 get rescheduled due to snow?

nutininut
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:31 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby nutininut » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:09 pm

moandersen wrote:Any suggestions on restaurants to try out while Im there? Im trying to do some research now so I dont walk/drive around aimlessly looking for a good place to eat. So far Im going to try out the brewery (is there a more formal title?) and shortys (i guess its better than the greek place for breakfast?). Feel free to add your personal favs. Thanks.


You'll get a sheet of suggestions in your packet that AM. Don't go to shorty's. Please. if you want the list before monday AM, email the assistant or call. it's worth it.

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Luis Gomez » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:49 pm

kalvano wrote:
moandersen wrote:
Panther7 wrote:anyone know if Wake does travel stipends?


I wish I knew. I sent them an email two weeks ago to ask about travel stipends and other questions I had, but no response. Maybe Ill ask in person on monday for them to pony up.

Any suggestions on restaurants to try out while Im there? Im trying to do some research now so I dont walk/drive around aimlessly looking for a good place to eat. So far Im going to try out the brewery (is there a more formal title?) and shortys (i guess its better than the greek place for breakfast?). Feel free to add your personal favs. Thanks.



Don't eat at the Mexican restaurants. They are an abomination.


Oh! that is such a shame. I was hoping they were at least decent.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kalvano » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:03 pm

Luis Gomez wrote:Oh! that is such a shame. I was hoping they were at least decent.



I should clarify, I am basing this off being from Texas.

User avatar
sufjan
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby sufjan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:04 pm

kalvano wrote:
Luis Gomez wrote:Oh! that is such a shame. I was hoping they were at least decent.



I should clarify, I am basing this off being from Texas.


said the Texan to the Mexican

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kalvano » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:06 pm

sufjan wrote:
kalvano wrote:
Luis Gomez wrote:Oh! that is such a shame. I was hoping they were at least decent.



I should clarify, I am basing this off being from Texas.


said the Texan to the Mexican



He will be disappointed.

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:59 pm

nutininut wrote:
moandersen wrote:Any suggestions on restaurants to try out while Im there? Im trying to do some research now so I dont walk/drive around aimlessly looking for a good place to eat. So far Im going to try out the brewery (is there a more formal title?) and shortys (i guess its better than the greek place for breakfast?). Feel free to add your personal favs. Thanks.


You'll get a sheet of suggestions in your packet that AM. Don't go to shorty's. Please. if you want the list before monday AM, email the assistant or call. it's worth it.


that wont help as im heading to the airport once the events are over. why not shortys? someone recommended it over the greek place for breakfast. whats your suggestion then? sucks about the bad mexican food. i love me some mexican.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby akili » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:48 pm

I am also bummed about crappy Mexican food. I'm originally from Texas but I go to school in the NW and that's been rough enough right there! Oh well, Wake is worth it :)

User avatar
tstyler98
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby tstyler98 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:20 pm

sufjan wrote:ASD or open house?

ASD was jan 29 and feb 5 or something like that. Did the feb 5 get rescheduled due to snow?


There are Open Houses for Admitted Students on 3/1, 3/19, 3/26, and 4/12.

nutininut
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:31 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby nutininut » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:23 am

.
Last edited by nutininut on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

nutininut
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:31 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby nutininut » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:29 am

.
Last edited by nutininut on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

nutininut
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:31 am

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby nutininut » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:51 am

I scanned the sheet. I'm really bad at this, so it may not work.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47921329@N08/4386808953/

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby moandersen » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:08 am

nutininut wrote:I scanned the sheet. I'm really bad at this, so it may not work.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47921329@N08/4386808953/


Thanks a bunch. I will definitely give at least Marys a try. The sushi/thai restaurant scares me since most (all?) of those 'asian' combo restaurants suck hardcore. I dont know if i can survive three years without good, homemade-style japanese food. hmmm.

keemos
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby keemos » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:17 am

So I called again today after calling 3 weeks ago (I am very impatient) to ask about my status. After giving my name I was asked to hold on. About 3 minutes later the nice lady said that she had to get my file together and that I would be hearing back early next week, and she said it would be by email. I am assuming wait list as per my numbers (163/3.43) but I don't know why they didn't wait list me in the batches sent out the last couple of weeks. Anyways, more news coming for those of us waiting next week.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Automotomayor, Bing [Bot], JazzyMac, nightie and 5 guests