Wake Forest 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kp009

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby kp009 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:57 am

dhatfie1 wrote:So I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like those of us waiting for that second "batch" of scholarships will be waiting until after April 1st to hear if we are offered anything. I called today and they said they had already given out all of their scholarships and any others would be given after April 1st when some of the 1st batch people turn theirs down. Now all I can think is nobody is going to turn their scholly down because it's so tempting and I, along with so many others, will be left schollyless (which for me means no Wake Forest). :(

Well that likely means no Wake for me either, I'll have probably committed to UGA by then since they are requiring an April 1 decision for scholarships.

jlnoa0915

Postby jlnoa0915 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:57 am

moandersen wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:So I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like those of us waiting for that second "batch" of scholarships will be waiting until after April 1st to hear if we are offered anything. I called today and they said they had already given out all of their scholarships and any others would be given after April 1st when some of the 1st batch people turn theirs down. Now all I can think is nobody is going to turn their scholly down because it's so tempting and I, along with so many others, will be left schollyless (which for me means no Wake Forest). :(

Wow that sucks. It will hard to put down a seat deposit on april 15th not knowing if I will receive any $ - because if I dont get any, WF will more than likely fall off my map and Ill go somewhere else. Not the news I was hoping for..... :(

+1 unfortunately, I really like the school but paying sticker would be a hard pill to swallow.

jbrowning82

Postby jbrowning82 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:59 am

Relax yall three people just said they're putting about $70k per year back in the pot and I'm sure we're not the only ones.

jlnoa0915

Postby jlnoa0915 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:01 am

jbrowning82 wrote:Relax yall three people just said they're putting about $70k per year back in the pot and I'm sure we're not the only ones.

Its not that all hope is lost for scholarship; for me its that if the given info is correct I won't hear about it until after seat deposits are due. I am not a fan of asymmetric information, especially when it comes to the financing of law school.

sufjan

Postby sufjan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:04 am

jbrowning82 wrote:Relax yall three people just said they're putting about $70k per year back in the pot and I'm sure we're not the only ones.

here here

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:13 am

I know, but I cant quite picture paying sticker at WF. And there is no guarantee that I would even get a scholarship. I wish they (and other schools for that matter) were more straightforward with the possibility of money - like a scale of 'no way in hell' to 'most likely when someone withdraws.' It would greatly help in this decision process that seems to be like playing a sadistic game.

minkins

Postby minkins » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:24 am

moandersen wrote:

I know, but I cant quite picture paying sticker at WF. And there is no guarantee that I would even get a scholarship. I wish they (and other schools for that matter) were more straightforward with the possibility of money - like a scale of 'no way in hell' to 'most likely when someone withdraws.' It would greatly help in this decision process that seems to be like playing a sadistic game.

Yeah, I'm getting frustrated with this just about everywhere... it's basically like, "okay, you MIGHT get a letter/email at any point between now and the first day classes start about a scholarship... keep checking."

ochrymb

Postby ochrymb » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:37 pm

Just checked my status. My status has said "Decision letter pending" since 2/11/10. Does this mean the letter is in the mail? Anyone have any info on this matter?

Thanks!

sufjan

Postby sufjan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:50 pm

minkins wrote:Yeah, I'm getting frustrated with this just about everywhere... it's basically like, "okay, you MIGHT get a letter/email at any point between now and the first day classes start about a scholarship... keep checking."

when did you apply? your numbers are better than mine and i got 18k/yr

i applied in late october

ochrymb

Postby ochrymb » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:01 pm

Just checked my status. My status has said "Decision letter pending" since 2/11/10. Does this mean the letter is in the mail? Anyone have any info on this matter?

Thanks!

jlnoa0915

Postby jlnoa0915 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:04 pm

ochrymb wrote:Just checked my status. My status has said "Decision letter pending" since 2/11/10. Does this mean the letter is in the mail? Anyone have any info on this matter?

Thanks!

FWIW I got an email notifying me the day my status changed(see below) that I was accepted and received the letter about a week and a half later.

Current Status: Application Complete
Current Status Date: 1/28/2010
Decision Status: Congratulations!
Decision Status Date: 1/29/2010

minkins

Postby minkins » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:08 pm

sufjan wrote:
minkins wrote:Yeah, I'm getting frustrated with this just about everywhere... it's basically like, "okay, you MIGHT get a letter/email at any point between now and the first day classes start about a scholarship... keep checking."

when did you apply? your numbers are better than mine and i got 18k/yr

i applied in late october

I got the status checker email on 1/26 and went under Administrative Review on 2/10. I applied the exact same day to UGA and got a response on 2/1.

dhatfie1

Postby dhatfie1 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:34 pm

moandersen wrote:

You'll know between April 1st and April 15th whether you received any scholarship, unless somebody who gets a scholarship in that same time span sends in their seat deposit and decides to back out. You'll know, just not soon, which is the shitty part, especially when you know people who have the same or worse stats as you are basking in the glory of their 18/25/28 K right now and we have to wait another month and a half perhaps (which I'm very happy for you guys, just infinitely jealous right now lol).

84Sunbird2000

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:14 pm

I'm not in yet at WF, but I was really pumped about possibly getting a good scholarship and going to one of the future ASDs when I get out to the East at the end of March/Early April. Now I'm just bummed. I've got a good offer from William and Mary, and waiting to hear what Wash and Lee puts out (these strike me as similar schools in most ways to Wake), so I really need a scholarship to keep Wake on the radar.

Dangit!

LSATfromNC

Postby LSATfromNC » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:17 pm

Did anyone hear anything about the Fletcher yet? Or anything else that came from the scholar day, aka a free semester abroad :)

statuscheckerssuck

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:32 pm

I will soon be putting my 28 k back in the pot too, for all you still waiting for schollys.

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:35 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:Did anyone hear anything about the Fletcher yet? Or anything else that came from the scholar day, aka a free semester abroad :)

I'm not getting my hopes up or anything like that, but i expect that when they told us the recipients would hear before march 5, that likely means during the week of March 1.

god wouldnt that just be a dream come true

sufjan

Postby sufjan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:39 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:I will soon be putting my 28 k back in the pot too, for all you still waiting for schollys.

thanks, and congrats on W&L

dhatfie1

Postby dhatfie1 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:05 pm

LSATfromNC wrote: aka a free semester abroad :)

That's what I really wanted :(..where are you looking to study abroad??

spintk

Postby spintk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:31 pm

Denial letter came today. Guess it's a good thing considering the scholarship situation. Anywho, if anybody is wondering, both my stats were just above their 25% of last year's entering class. Good luck to everybody else though, and for those who have already been accepted, I hope you do well at WF.

ochrymb

Postby ochrymb » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:45 pm

spintk wrote:Denial letter came today. Guess it's a good thing considering the scholarship situation. Anywho, if anybody is wondering, both my stats were just above their 25% of last year's entering class. Good luck to everybody else though, and for those who have already been accepted, I hope you do well at WF.

Did you have the "Decision letter pending" status? If so, for how long?

Thanks and good luck!

LSATfromNC

Postby LSATfromNC » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:50 pm

spintk wrote:Denial letter came today. Guess it's a good thing considering the scholarship situation. Anywho, if anybody is wondering, both my stats were just above their 25% of last year's entering class. Good luck to everybody else though, and for those who have already been accepted, I hope you do well at WF.

You probably won't be back in here, but good luck none the less.

set88

Postby set88 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:34 am

I'm trying to get a feel for how status checker usually progresses. I read back a few pages, trying to figure it out in amongst the discussion on food...? I submitted my app on 2/4 and it's said "Electronic application received" since then. Shouldn't it have gone complete by now, or is Wake just really slow?

I gather that you are notified by email/status checker if you are admitted, but does this mean they haven't even started to consider my application yet? Is there a "complete" status before a "decision pending" or no? Sorry for the questions but status checkers drive me crazy!

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:18 am

Withdrew. That puts some scholly money back into the poll. I hope someone here gets it!

tstyler98

Postby tstyler98 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:54 am

set88 wrote:I'm trying to get a feel for how status checker usually progresses. I read back a few pages, trying to figure it out in amongst the discussion on food...? I submitted my app on 2/4 and it's said "Electronic application received" since then. Shouldn't it have gone complete by now, or is Wake just really slow?

I gather that you are notified by email/status checker if you are admitted, but does this mean they haven't even started to consider my application yet? Is there a "complete" status before a "decision pending" or no? Sorry for the questions but status checkers drive me crazy!

These are the status options.

Electronic Application Received- We have received notice of your application from LSAC. This means your file is complete and we will process your file as soon as we receive the paper copy from LSAC.

Administrative review- Your paper copy has been received, your file has been processed and is currently in the first stage of review.

Committee review- Your file has been passed to the committee and is making the rounds of review. This step varies in duration and may be longer for some than others.

Decision Letter Pending- A decision has been reached. Your decision letter will be mailed out with the next batch so you can expect it within 2 weeks. Some decisions may be emailed instead of sent via post.

Incomplete- This usually means that we are waiting for LSAT scores. If this is not the case, you will be notified of any missing element of your application.

--------------------------

You should receive an e-mail letting you know your file is complete, and it might update on the status checker as well (can't remember). Wake is pretty good about updating the status checker. I'm sure they are busy, so I'd guess that it's taking them a bit to do everything. But if you are concerned, e-mail or call them. They are really sweet and helpful.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”