Wake Forest 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kat.Ander

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Postby Kat.Ander » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:50 pm

157/3.91

Also waitlisted, not surprised

dhatfie1

Postby dhatfie1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:08 pm

Emma1 wrote:I would only have him make the phone call if you are definitely going there. Do you have the stats for $ or is this a big favor! It certainly would flag your file.

Well I have 164/3.4, so I think I will get some money (hopefully!) which would make me eligible for Fletcher Scholarships, and essentially what I asked the prez to accomplish if he were to call is to perhaps find out what would afford me the best opportunity to get some sort of extra financial assistance, Fletcher or not. It's not a situation where he's going to call and be like hey Dean, give this kid money, or else lol. It's more of a fact finding mission I would say!

tstyler98

Postby tstyler98 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:13 pm

Scholar's Open House wasn't a complete bust. Two students and Melanie Nutt showed up at the school. There ended up being about 12-15 of us that showed up. We talked for a while, had a Q&A, and got a tour. I'm really glad it was able to happen, even informally, in spite of the weather. Especially for those that traveled very far.

Sorry to those who ended up not making it. Hopefully you can make one of the other ones.

Threepeat

Postby Threepeat » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:23 pm

dhatfie1 wrote:
Emma1 wrote:I would only have him make the phone call if you are definitely going there. Do you have the stats for $ or is this a big favor! It certainly would flag your file.

Well I have 164/3.4, so I think I will get some money (hopefully!) which would make me eligible for Fletcher Scholarships, and essentially what I asked the prez to accomplish if he were to call is to perhaps find out what would afford me the best opportunity to get some sort of extra financial assistance, Fletcher or not. It's not a situation where he's going to call and be like hey Dean, give this kid money, or else lol. It's more of a fact finding mission I would say!

We're numbers twins (I received 18k/year) so I'd imagine you'd get at least this much. I since you've already been accepted, you should definitely have the president talk to the dean. I don't see how it could hurt you. If it is pretty much a recommendation, I highly doubt the dean would hold that against you for scholarship money. I think it could only help, and if anything at least it would bring your profile to their attention.

I say GO FOR IT!

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:42 pm

tstyler98 wrote:Scholar's Open House wasn't a complete bust. Two students and Melanie Nutt showed up at the school. There ended up being about 12-15 of us that showed up. We talked for a while, had a Q&A, and got a tour. I'm really glad it was able to happen, even informally, in spite of the weather. Especially for those that traveled very far.

Sorry to those who ended up not making it. Hopefully you can make one of the other ones.

I actually enjoyed it a little more since it was so informal.

dhatfie1

Postby dhatfie1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:12 pm

Threepeat wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:

We're numbers twins (I received 18k/year) so I'd imagine you'd get at least this much. I since you've already been accepted, you should definitely have the president talk to the dean. I don't see how it could hurt you. If it is pretty much a recommendation, I highly doubt the dean would hold that against you for scholarship money. I think it could only help, and if anything at least it would bring your profile to their attention.

I say GO FOR IT!

Thanks man! Yeah, and I see how we were both reluctant to post on this thread until we were accepted as well as sharing numbers..dare I say fate lol

tstyler98

Postby tstyler98 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:26 pm

kalvano wrote:
tstyler98 wrote:Scholar's Open House wasn't a complete bust. Two students and Melanie Nutt showed up at the school. There ended up being about 12-15 of us that showed up. We talked for a while, had a Q&A, and got a tour. I'm really glad it was able to happen, even informally, in spite of the weather. Especially for those that traveled very far.

I actually enjoyed it a little more since it was so informal.

Me too. It was nice meeting you and your wife.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:50 pm

Thanks, you too. She was more disappointed than I was at not attending a class.

tstyler98

Postby tstyler98 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:52 pm

kalvano wrote:Thanks, you too. She was more disappointed than I was at not attending a class.

Haha. Well, you'll be sitting through enough of them for the next 3 years. But it would've been nice to see a class in action. I've sat in on 2 before, but it'd be cool to see if there were any differences at Wake.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:02 am

tstyler98 wrote:
kalvano wrote:Thanks, you too. She was more disappointed than I was at not attending a class.

Haha. Well, you'll be sitting through enough of them for the next 3 years. But it would've been nice to see a class in action. I've sat in on 2 before, but it'd be cool to see if there were any differences at Wake.

I can't imagine it would be much different. Maybe a more compelling professor, since WF's are supposed to be so good.

Anyway, glad you had a safe trip back.

tstyler98

Postby tstyler98 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:25 am

kalvano wrote:
tstyler98 wrote:

I can't imagine it would be much different. Maybe a more compelling professor, since WF's are supposed to be so good.

Anyway, glad you had a safe trip back.

Wasn't too bad. Lots of rain. Hope you get back safely today, and you enjoyed the rest of your time in W-S.

FUMAgrad05

Postby FUMAgrad05 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:47 pm

166/2.51, Upward grade trend (3.82 past 3 semesters) great LORs and PS, worked full time to pay for college.... Any thoughts on my chances?

sufjan

Postby sufjan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:19 pm

FUMAgrad05 wrote:166/2.51, Upward grade trend (3.82 past 3 semesters) great LORs and PS, worked full time to pay for college.... Any thoughts on my chances?

someone on LSN was accepted with 167/2.65

waitlist, then accept?

d-cannon

Postby d-cannon » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:36 am

sufjan wrote:
FUMAgrad05 wrote:166/2.51, Upward grade trend (3.82 past 3 semesters) great LORs and PS, worked full time to pay for college.... Any thoughts on my chances?

waitlist, then accept?

You sound similar to me... I was accepted.

DNAgent

Postby DNAgent » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:29 am

d-cannon wrote:
sufjan wrote:

waitlist, then accept?

You sound similar to me... I was accepted.

+1

FUMAgrad05

Postby FUMAgrad05 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:12 pm

So i just spoke with Wake and they said I am in administrative review and my file was going to be passed on to the committee. She implied that some people don't make it past administrative review and it was a good thing that my file was going to go to the committee. Does anyone know exactly what that means? If you go before the committee does that just mean that you aren't an auto-reject?

flowerpot

Postby flowerpot » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:18 pm

Well, I went straight from Administrative Review to being accepted. I never went into Committee Review. I think Committee Review just means that they need to discuss you further.

jlnoa0915

Postby jlnoa0915 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:18 pm

FUMAgrad05 wrote:So i just spoke with Wake and they said I am in administrative review and my file was going to be passed on to the committee. She implied that some people don't make it past administrative review and it was a good thing that my file was going to go to the committee. Does anyone know exactly what that means? If you go before the committee does that just mean that you aren't an auto-reject?

FWIW my file went to Admin Review to accepted without any notice of committee in the status checker. Just wait it out, isn't much more you can do.

flowerpot

Postby flowerpot » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:19 pm

Does anyone know when the next round of scholarship information will be coming out?

dhatfie1

Postby dhatfie1 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:22 pm

flowerpot wrote:Does anyone know when the next round of scholarship information will be coming out?

Today. Lol, God I wish! :(

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:40 pm

FUMAgrad05 wrote:So i just spoke with Wake and they said I am in administrative review and my file was going to be passed on to the committee. She implied that some people don't make it past administrative review and it was a good thing that my file was going to go to the committee. Does anyone know exactly what that means? If you go before the committee does that just mean that you aren't an auto-reject?

From my (bad) recollection of this thread, it seems that most of us who were accepted went from administrative to admit, while those on the WL went from administrative to committee. Im guessing WF will start the rejections this week since they have yet to do so, but I doubt you will be one.

As for the next round of scholarships, Im hoping for news by this friday. The batch that were accepted on 1/15 got their scholarship info before/on 1/29, when my batch of acceptances were handed out. So if you go by the weak 2-week trend, maybe friday? :shock:

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:41 pm

moandersen wrote:

From my (bad) recollection of this thread, it seems that most of us who were accepted went from administrative to admit, while those on the WL went from administrative to committee. Im guessing WF will start the rejections this week since they have yet to do so, but I doubt you will be one.

As for the next round of scholarships, Im hoping for news by this friday. The batch that were accepted on 1/15 got their scholarship info before/on 1/29, when my batch of acceptances were handed out. So if you go by the weak 2-week trend, maybe friday? :shock:

i think the bolded is about right. If you get really anxious, the Wake staff has been extremely helpful, cordial, [insert positive adjective], so if you email them they probably will give you a straight answer.

good luck to everyone still waiting

jerzgrl630

Postby jerzgrl630 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:30 pm

FWIW, I was in administrative review for over 2 months and then I was finally waitlisted. Never made it to committee review.

Yellowcard

Postby Yellowcard » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:58 pm

Wait listed on 2/4. Anyone have a clue as to what % of people get pulled from the Wake wait list? Better yet, anyone have any clue how many people Wake puts on their wait list?

lawyerlover

Postby lawyerlover » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:33 pm

I just received scholarship notification!!! I am so excited Wake has moved to the top of my list.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”