Wake Forest 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cr073137

Bronze

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Post by cr073137 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:13 pm

JayCole wrote:
BlueHeel wrote:Looks like no movement today.

My "Committee Review" status hasn't changed either. Do we know if this mean that it won't change at all today? Do we still have hope for a decision by the end of the day?
I'm still in Committee review too, but its too early in the day to say that they wont say anything today. C'mon WAKE!!!

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:22 pm

Good Luck to everyone who hasn't heard yet and CONGRATS to those that have been accepted. I hope you all choose Wake! Let me know if you have any specific questions.

BCgoUSC

New

Post by BCgoUSC » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:30 pm

Has anyone else been under Administrative Review for a really long time? I've been under Admin Review since October and have not heard a word. I applied last year (with a 155 LSAT - 162 this year) and I went to Committee Review after Admin Review. I don't think I can wait another 2 or 3 months if I have to go through the Committee Revew stage.

cr073137

Bronze

Post by cr073137 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:33 pm

BCgoUSC wrote:Has anyone else been under Administrative Review for a really long time? I've been under Admin Review since October and have not heard a word. I applied last year (with a 155 LSAT - 162 this year) and I went to Committee Review after Admin Review. I don't think I can wait another 2 or 3 months if I have to go through the Committee Revew stage.
I was under Adm review for almost 2 months until this week when I went into Committee Review. Yet, I have heard of people that went from Administrative review to Decision Rendered without going through committee (or so they say). Also, once you are in committee review the decision is fairly quickly after that.

Kchuck

Bronze

Post by Kchuck » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:41 pm

I'm curious to hear if anyone has any experience with Wake matching or being competitive with scholarships. I've already been accepted at Wake (who hasn't) and am right at the LSAT median a little above GPA median. Because of that, I don't know if I'll be a candidate for a scholarship. I've already been offered a half tuition scholarship at a state school in my home state (Ranked 50 usnwr) which would make my tuition around 6k for the first year, which is hella cheap. With that said, Wake is one of my top choice schools and a scholarship to bring down the out of state tuition to a manageable level would all but make it my top choice law school. So my question for you brilliant people is if I would have a snow balls chance in negotiating any money from Wake forest, how should I go about doing that, and how hard is it to get NC resident status for 2nd and 3rd years?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:52 pm

First, I don't know about switching to NC resident status, but even if you did it wouldn't lower tuition. Wake is a private school so it is one set rate for everyone.

Secondly, if you have questions about scholarship money and going to wake talk to Melanie Nutt. DO NOT be afraid to call the Wake admissions office. They are always there to help you and answer your questions. I promise they will not be annoyed with you and dock points from your file or whatever. They are the sweetest people. I honestly think Wake is one of the few schools that will actually look at the person behind the numbers. They want students who really want to be here. So if you call Melanie and tell her how much you like Wake and how a scholarship could help you, I'm sure she can give you all the answers you need.

Kchuck

Bronze

Post by Kchuck » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:56 pm

lishi wrote:First, I don't know about switching to NC resident status, but even if you did it wouldn't lower tuition. Wake is a private school so it is one set rate for everyone.

Secondly, if you have questions about scholarship money and going to wake talk to Melanie Nutt. DO NOT be afraid to call the Wake admissions office. They are always there to help you and answer your questions. I promise they will not be annoyed with you and dock points from your file or whatever. They are the sweetest people. I honestly think Wake is one of the few schools that will actually look at the person behind the numbers. They want students who really want to be here. So if you call Melanie and tell her how much you like Wake and how a scholarship could help you, I'm sure she can give you all the answers you need.
Thanks for the response. I don't know if you'd be fit to answer this. But would it be worthwhile to wait and see if I will get offered a scholarship or to just call and talk the Melanie Nutt?

juliusgirlie

New

Post by juliusgirlie » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:15 pm

BCgoUSC wrote:Has anyone else been under Administrative Review for a really long time? I've been under Admin Review since October and have not heard a word. I applied last year (with a 155 LSAT - 162 this year) and I went to Committee Review after Admin Review. I don't think I can wait another 2 or 3 months if I have to go through the Committee Revew stage.
Yes. I've been under Admin Review since October 28th. I'm debating whether or not to call them and ask what's up.

fallguy

New

Post by fallguy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:10 pm

Did anyone else get an email today with "Current scholarship recipients who attend a Scholars Day or an Open House prior to March 5 will be further considered for the pretigious [sic] Fletcher Scholarship"?

I emailed for verification: if you don't show up, you're not considered for the Fletcher.

Bummer for those of us who can't go.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

S de Garmeaux

Bronze

Post by S de Garmeaux » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:16 pm

fallguy wrote:Did anyone else get an email today with "Current scholarship recipients who attend a Scholars Day or an Open House prior to March 5 will be further considered for the pretigious [sic] Fletcher Scholarship"?

I emailed for verification: if you don't show up, you're not considered for the Fletcher.

if you cant make the admitted scholars day, i think there were 1, if not 2, other days you could attend to be able to be considered for Fletcher

fallguy

New

Post by fallguy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:21 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
fallguy wrote:Did anyone else get an email today with "Current scholarship recipients who attend a Scholars Day or an Open House prior to March 5 will be further considered for the pretigious [sic] Fletcher Scholarship"?

if you cant make the admitted scholars day, i think there were 1, if not 2, other days you could attend to be able to be considered for Fletcher
That's what they told me. Unfortunately, I have both time and financial restraints that won't allow me to get there before March 5, and the Fletchers are spoken for by then.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Kchuck wrote:
lishi wrote:First, I don't know about switching to NC resident status, but even if you did it wouldn't lower tuition. Wake is a private school so it is one set rate for everyone.

Thanks for the response. I don't know if you'd be fit to answer this. But would it be worthwhile to wait and see if I will get offered a scholarship or to just call and talk the Melanie Nutt?

I would wait and see what you get offered. Wake is well-known for being generous with scholarship money.

Also, for those of you going, I got some great news - my parents decided to pay for my wife and I to fly up for the Scholar's Day on the 5th of February, so maybe I will see some of you there!

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:10 pm

kalvano wrote: I would wait and see what you get offered. Wake is well-known for being generous with scholarship money.

Also, for those of you going, I got some great news - my parents decided to pay for my wife and I to fly up for the Scholar's Day on the 5th of February, so maybe I will see some of you there!
Great! I look forward to meeting you.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:32 pm

tstyler98 wrote:
kalvano wrote: I would wait and see what you get offered. Wake is well-known for being generous with scholarship money.

The 5th is for gunners, the 29th is for cool people :) j/k

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:33 pm

fallguy wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:

That's what they told me. Unfortunately, I have both time and financial restraints that won't allow me to get there before March 5, and the Fletchers are spoken for by then.
Are there any other full-rides other than the Fletcher Scholarship that we would be eligible for?

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:35 pm

Did anyone else get an email today with "Current scholarship recipients who attend a Scholars Day or an Open House prior to March 5 will be further considered for the pretigious [sic] Fletcher Scholarship"?

Did anyone who already reserved their spot get this email? I didn't get it but I'm signed up for the 29th.

fallguy

New

Post by fallguy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:04 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:

Did anyone who already reserved their spot get this email? I didn't get it but I'm signed up for the 29th.
I don't think they would have. I got this because I am not signed up for either of the days. The purpose of the email was to encourage me to sign up for one of the events.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:33 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:

Nope. Didn't get it either, but I already signed up for the 5th.

You just wish you were cool enough to come on the 5th! 8)

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:42 am

LSATfromNC wrote:
tstyler98 wrote:

The 5th is for gunners, the 29th is for cool people :) j/k

You might want to re-evaluate that....lol.

I am about as far from a gunner as you can get.

flowerpot

New

Post by flowerpot » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:03 pm

The Wake Forest status checker is down....anyone else experiencing this? Any chance we could hear something on a Saturday?

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:52 pm

flowerpot wrote:The Wake Forest status checker is down....anyone else experiencing this? Any chance we could hear something on a Saturday?
I doubt it. My guess is the admissions staff doesn't work on Saturdays. The status checker is run through LSAC, so they might be having an issue.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Billy Batts

Silver

Post by Billy Batts » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:10 pm

tstyler98 wrote:
flowerpot wrote:The Wake Forest status checker is down....anyone else experiencing this? Any chance we could hear something on a Saturday?
I doubt it. My guess is the admissions staff doesn't work on Saturdays. The status checker is run through LSAC, so they might be having an issue.
Yeah, all the status checkers that go through LSAC are down. My guess is that they do system maintenance on Saturday mornings - it happens a lot.

smgallag

New

Post by smgallag » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:48 pm

I got my nice Welcome letter from Dean Morant today but there was no car decal in it.

Is there a separate acceptance packet that arrives later? (I want free stuff!) :)

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:07 pm

smgallag wrote:I got my nice Welcome letter from Dean Morant today but there was no car decal in it.

Is there a separate acceptance packet that arrives later? (I want free stuff!) :)
I was accepted 12/18 and haven't received anything other than the letter from Dean Morant. If I remember correctly, I don't think there is a whole lot we get package wise.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:17 am

My apologies, I believe this has been covered but I can't find it.

I would like to go to the Admitted Scholars day on the 5th.

Do they provide any reimbursement for such a trip?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”