Wake Forest 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
StephBee

New

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Post by StephBee » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:42 am

gogo wrote:would any of you wakies take washington & lee having to pay full-tuition costs over wake with a substantial scholarship?
I chose Wake over W & L, and W & L gave me a small scholarship. I asked if there was much chance of increasing my scholarship in subsequent years, and they said no. I was really excited about my acceptance there, but I think I made the right decision. Besides, my boyfriend is moving with me, and I think it will be easier for him to find a job in Winston-Salem.

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:11 am

back home after a quite successful trip to w-s. we found housing at the pines and will be moving in late july since our lease starts july 1. its the free month, so we dont feel too bad not living there for the majority of the month. my fiance had two interviews, with one being at the best school in the county (what im told). and I got to meet with a couple members of the financial aid staff at wake, including the ever-elusive melanie nutt. :D She was sweet as always, and even remembered me and our conversation we had during the ASD in late february. because of that conversation, and the email that soon followed, its time to jump into wake forest with two feet. pretty happy/relieved. :mrgreen:

lawyerlover

Bronze

Post by lawyerlover » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:51 am

when is the second deposit due?

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:59 am

lawyerlover wrote:when is the second deposit due?
June 15th.

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:00 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
lawyerlover wrote:when is the second deposit due?
June 15th.
Beat me to it. :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

klussy

Bronze

Post by klussy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:43 am

It looks like I will now be attending Wake next year :D Now the housing search begins...

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:28 pm

klussy wrote:It looks like I will now be attending Wake next year :D Now the housing search begins...
nice. gl with the search.

I just went to the new student site to create a list of things to do before school starts....its quite long. need to start chipping away asap.

wakemeup

New

Post by wakemeup » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:30 pm

moandersen wrote:
klussy wrote:It looks like I will now be attending Wake next year :D Now the housing search begins...

I just went to the new student site to create a list of things to do before school starts....its quite long. need to start chipping away asap.
Let's compile a full checklist.

-Immunization records
-Insurance
-Transcripts
-Certification form
-Second deposit

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:35 pm

wakemeup wrote:
moandersen wrote:

-Immunization records
-Insurance
-Transcripts
-Certification form
-Second deposit
Might want to add in a picture for the "Onecard."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:52 pm

For those of you who will be new to NC, I thought this link might help a little with the food questions. Many of the places are in Charlotte or the western part of the state (and although I've never heard of some of them, I have heard of the different foods they serve). Just thought I would give you all a screening of what you have to look forward to.

"Tastes" of NC: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/06/09/ ... el-25.html

lml09

Bronze

Post by lml09 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:53 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
wakemeup wrote:
moandersen wrote:

-Immunization records
-Insurance
-Transcripts
-Certification form
-Second deposit
I'm excited that we get to send in our own picture for the onecard! I had to go through 4 years of undergrad blinking.

Does anyone know anything about parking on campus for those of us who do not live on a bus line? I can't find anything about who is allowed to park where and for how much on the website.

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:57 pm

lml09 wrote: I'm excited that we get to send in our own picture for the onecard! I had to go through 4 years of undergrad blinking.

Does anyone know anything about parking on campus for those of us who do not live on a bus line? I can't find anything about who is allowed to park where and for how much on the website.
I think that the parking pass is $500, and we are allowed to park in the lot right beside the law school building.

Here's a link that I just found (not sure if it has what you're looking for): http://graduate.wfu.edu/students/parking.html

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:03 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
wakemeup wrote:
moandersen wrote:

-Immunization records
-Insurance
-Transcripts
-Certification form
-Second deposit
also add: complete/accept/alter financial aid package

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:27 pm

moandersen wrote: also add: complete/accept/alter financial aid package
For anyone who hasn't already sent in the loan application, you might want to get on it. One of the more recent emails we received says that the package is due by June 11.

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:37 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
For anyone who hasn't already sent in the loan application, you might want to get on it. One of the more recent emails we received says that the package is due by June 11.
Good call. I need to do that tomorrow then.

In terms of food, I highly recommend Little Richard's BBQ. So different from midwest bbq, but very tasty.

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:28 am

Is loan application different from filing fafsa?

wakemeup

New

Post by wakemeup » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:48 am

Nicholasnickynic wrote:Is loan application different from filing fafsa?
Yeah, you'll want to go to studentloans.gov and complete the promissory note, loan counseling, and application. It doesn't take too long.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

wakemeup

New

Post by wakemeup » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:54 am

I also lined up a place at the Pines. They said I snagged the last one bedroom, but salespeople always say stuff like that in order to create urgency. There may be more opening up. I'm glad I read the reviews in this thread and checked out apartmentratings.com. Made my decision pretty easy.

Anybody thinking about buying a scooter? I might.

lml09

Bronze

Post by lml09 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:35 am

wakemeup wrote:I also lined up a place at the Pines. They said I snagged the last one bedroom, but salespeople always say stuff like that in order to create urgency. There may be more opening up. I'm glad I read the reviews in this thread and checked out apartmentratings.com. Made my decision pretty easy.

I was on the waiting list for a one bedroom for 7 weeks before I got mine, but I'm glad I did! Too bad we are not on the bus line, I seriously do not want to pay $500 for a parking pass. Anyone know of any alternatives? :D

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:00 am

lml09 wrote:
wakemeup wrote:I also lined up a place at the Pines. They said I snagged the last one bedroom, but salespeople always say stuff like that in order to create urgency. There may be more opening up. I'm glad I read the reviews in this thread and checked out apartmentratings.com. Made my decision pretty easy.

I was on the waiting list for a one bedroom for 7 weeks before I got mine, but I'm glad I did! Too bad we are not on the bus line, I seriously do not want to pay $500 for a parking pass. Anyone know of any alternatives? :D
carpool? haha. 500 is a lot, but I cant wait for the 3 or 4 minute commute!

I was told there were no 1 bedrooms available last weekend, but since I wasnt looking for one I didnt follow up with any questions. There was only one 2bedroom with a deck (the specs that we wanted) open, so we had to jump on it. The lady had the sheet in front of her, so Im assuming she was telling the truth.

lml09

Bronze

Post by lml09 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:25 am

moandersen wrote:
lml09 wrote:

carpool? haha. 500 is a lot, but I cant wait for the 3 or 4 minute commute!

I was told there were no 1 bedrooms available last weekend, but since I wasnt looking for one I didnt follow up with any questions. There was only one 2bedroom with a deck (the specs that we wanted) open, so we had to jump on it. The lady had the sheet in front of her, so Im assuming she was telling the truth.

The short commute is going to be awesome. In undergrad I lived 1.5 miles from campus and really enjoyed walking/biking when the weather was nice. I read somewhere that you can split the parking permit payments into a monthly payment, not sure if that is allowed with the law school lot though. As soon as I get my username/password stuff straightened out I'm going to apply for a permit.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

minkins

New

Post by minkins » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:54 am

PirateCap'n wrote:
I emailed the financial aid office and asked if I could wait to turn in my loan amounts after House Hunt so I'd have a better idea of my rent and utilities and they said it would be fine... anyone else in the same boat might want to email them and ask too?

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:58 am

minkins wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:
I emailed the financial aid office and asked if I could wait to turn in my loan amounts after House Hunt so I'd have a better idea of my rent and utilities and they said it would be fine... anyone else in the same boat might want to email them and ask too?
Ya, they told me its just a soft deadline....Im still going to try and get it done today or tomorrow though.

peeker82

Bronze

Post by peeker82 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:26 am

PirateCap'n wrote:
what if we're still on other waitlists? does this affect our chance at modifying our loans down the road if we change schools?

lawyerlover

Bronze

Post by lawyerlover » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:56 pm

peeker82 wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:
what if we're still on other waitlists? does this affect our chance at modifying our loans down the road if we change schools?
same question

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”