Wake Forest 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LSATfromNC

Silver

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Post by LSATfromNC » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:05 am

She is pretty good about responding, if I just shoot her a general email she responds quickly. She may be looking for an answer to your questions before she responds back.

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:33 am

If you don't hear back soon, I'd try calling. I sent an e-mail with a change of address and didn't hear back, so I called. They were really sweet and apologized for not responding, saying they've been really busy.

Billy Batts

Silver

Post by Billy Batts » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:13 am

sufjan wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:
sufjan wrote:164/3.4 here and got $18k as well

18k means another 18k of out-of-pocket. comparing that to $5k (or less) out of pocket at USC or UGA and Wake doesn't content IMO...

thoughts?
I though 18k meant 13k out of pocket? is tuition not ~31000?
tuition and fees for 2009-2010 was 36166

Tuition $35,450
University technology fee 400
Health fee* 316
Charges billed by WFU $36,166
Thanks for the information. Where did you find this?

sufjan

Bronze

Post by sufjan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:23 am

chrisokc wrote:
sufjan wrote:
sdegarmo wrote:

18k means another 18k of out-of-pocket. comparing that to $5k (or less) out of pocket at USC or UGA and Wake doesn't content IMO...

thoughts?
I though 18k meant 13k out of pocket? is tuition not ~31000?
tuition and fees for 2009-2010 was 36166

Tuition $35,450
University technology fee 400
Health fee* 316
Charges billed by WFU $36,166
Thanks for the information. Where did you find this?
--LinkRemoved--

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:39 pm

Administrative Review today.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JayCole

New

Post by JayCole » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:00 pm

Just went "In Committee" i'm so nervous. Oh Lord. How long does your status stay in comittee?

cr073137

Bronze

Post by cr073137 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:14 pm

JayCole wrote:Just went "In Committee" i'm so nervous. Oh Lord. How long does your status stay in comittee?
I went from administrative review to "committee review" today, what does that mean? and how does it takes once you go there to get a response? I know some schools take ppl in review during the week and let them know by friday, is this the case?

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:25 pm

thoughts?
God I would LOVE to get an 18k scholly from wake. That would seal the deal for me.

However, I've got a 165 3.0x and I heard the cut-off was 164/3.2ish.
I'm from Virginia and really want to stay in the mid atlantic region. For me, wake>georgia big time b/c of location.
Now if only wake will come thru with money $$!!

Hopefully they wont wait 3 weeks for scholly info... for first group, 2 of those weeks were vacation weeks, no? Maybe it will only take us one week adn we'll find out on friday.

Plz plz plz give me money wake, pretty plz.

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:27 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote: Plz plz plz give me money wake, pretty plz.
:lol: thats how I feel too!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:34 pm

cr073137 wrote:
JayCole wrote:Just went "In Committee" i'm so nervous. Oh Lord. How long does your status stay in comittee?
I went from administrative review to "committee review" today, what does that mean? and how does it takes once you go there to get a response? I know some schools take ppl in review during the week and let them know by friday, is this the case?
Electronic Application Received- We have received notice of your application from LSAC. This means your file is complete and we will process your file as soon as we receive the paper copy from LSAC.

Administrative review- Your paper copy has been received, your file has been processed and is currently in the first stage of review.

Committee review- Your file has been passed to the committee and is making the rounds of review. This step varies in duration and may be longer for some than others.

Decision Letter Pending- A decision has been reached. Your decision letter will be mailed out with the next batch so you can expect it within 2 weeks. Some decisions may be emailed instead of sent via post.

Incomplete- This usually means that we are waiting for LSAT scores. If this is not the case, you will be notified of any missing element of your application.

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:

thoughts?
God I would LOVE to get an 18k scholly from wake. That would seal the deal for me.

However, I've got a 165 3.0x and I heard the cut-off was 164/3.2ish.
I'm from Virginia and really want to stay in the mid atlantic region. For me, wake>georgia big time b/c of location.
Now if only wake will come thru with money $$!!

Hopefully they wont wait 3 weeks for scholly info... for first group, 2 of those weeks were vacation weeks, no? Maybe it will only take us one week adn we'll find out on friday.

Plz plz plz give me money wake, pretty plz.
Your status checker most likely will change to "Admitted Scholar" before you hear anything from them regarding a scholarship. We all changed on Thursday 1/7 or Friday 1/8 and received our scholarship e-mail on Tuesday 1/12.

leraa6587

Bronze

Post by leraa6587 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:44 pm

cr073137 wrote:

another committee... stats anyone?

3.6/160 (2nd time...oops)

leraa6587

Bronze

Post by leraa6587 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:01 pm

so wait...i've seen people who have "application complete" and got in and other people saying their status checker went to "congratulations" when they were accepted

am i missing something or is this indeed what is happening? does it go application complete and then "congratulations"? orrr do people just get different status checkers? or something else?

super nervous..it seems they are handing decisions out on fridays and i just went into committee review so this post is pretty pointless for now

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:05 pm

leraa6587 wrote:so wait...i've seen people who have "application complete" and got in and other people saying their status checker went to "congratulations" when they were accepted

am i missing something or is this indeed what is happening? does it go application complete and then "congratulations"? orrr do people just get different status checkers? or something else?

super nervous..it seems they are handing decisions out on fridays and i just went into committee review so this post is pretty pointless for now
I think it went "Application Complete" and then "Congratulations" for me (and then "Admitted Scholar"). It probably just depends on when you check, whether you saw the "App Complete" status.

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:30 pm

leraa6587 wrote:so wait...i've seen people who have "application complete" and got in and other people saying their status checker went to "congratulations" when they were accepted

I wouldn't look to0 much in to it.. I never went to committee review (at least not thru my online status checker) and I got the complete and congratulations on the same day. I think they are not too on top of it with a system of "x" before "Y" before "acceptance" or whatever.

leraa6587

Bronze

Post by leraa6587 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:00 pm

haha alright thanks guys. just thought i could obsess to pass the time but i guess i should just get a hobby and check back in a week.

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:23 pm

leraa6587 wrote:haha alright thanks guys. just thought i could obsess to pass the time but i guess i should just get a hobby and check back in a week.
Haha! No problem. The worst part is the obsessing doesn't really end after the acceptance comes. Only the thing your obsessing over changes...will I receive a scholarship? which school will I go to? when will I receive information about orientation? will I like my classmates? will I like my classes/teachers? will i get good grades? will I get a job?

Lots to look forward to. :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JayCole

New

Post by JayCole » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:24 pm

tstyler98 wrote:
Electronic Application Received- We have received notice of your application from LSAC. This means your file is complete and we will process your file as soon as we receive the paper copy from LSAC.

Administrative review- Your paper copy has been received, your file has been processed and is currently in the first stage of review.

Committee review- Your file has been passed to the committee and is making the rounds of review. This step varies in duration and may be longer for some than others.

Decision Letter Pending- A decision has been reached. Your decision letter will be mailed out with the next batch so you can expect it within 2 weeks. Some decisions may be emailed instead of sent via post.

Incomplete- This usually means that we are waiting for LSAT scores. If this is not the case, you will be notified of any missing element of your application.

Thanks for this -- I should have probably been more resourceful to begin with. :D

Threepeat

Bronze

Post by Threepeat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:57 pm

I know for me I was 'administrative review' 12/9/09 still the night before I received the acceptance email. I have no idea whether or not I ever went to 'complete' or 'committee review' the next morning, but I received the acceptance email at about 11:00am on 1/15. My status checker said "congratulations 1/15' and 'application complete 1/15' as well. I guess I could have gone to application complete on the status checker before I received an acceptance, but I doubt it.

Just throwing this information out there for those of you waiting, so that you know sometimes there's no rhyme or reason to their process. It certainly isn't set in stone.

Anyways good luck to all of you waiting!!! I hope you all hear good news sometime soon!!!

Threepeat

Bronze

Post by Threepeat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:59 pm

tstyler98 wrote:
leraa6587 wrote:haha alright thanks guys. just thought i could obsess to pass the time but i guess i should just get a hobby and check back in a week.
Haha! No problem. The worst part is the obsessing doesn't really end after the acceptance comes. Only the thing your obsessing over changes...will I receive a scholarship? which school will I go to? when will I receive information about orientation? will I like my classmates? will I like my classes/teachers? will i get good grades? will I get a job?

Lots to look forward to. :D

Haha truer words could not have been spoken...obsessing about law school stuff is about the only thing I do in my spare time (man I need a life). :shock:

Billy Batts

Silver

Post by Billy Batts » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:05 pm

Do we have a consensus on whether or not additional scholarship money will be offered at the admitted scholars thing? It'll cost me in the neighborhood of $1k for plane ticket, rental car, hotel, etc. However, the promise of more scholarship money would help me justify the expense.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sufjan

Bronze

Post by sufjan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:08 pm

chrisokc wrote:Do we have a consensus on whether or not additional scholarship money will be offered at the admitted scholars thing? It'll cost me in the neighborhood of $1k for plane ticket, rental car, hotel, etc. However, the promise of more scholarship money would help me justify the expense.
i Highly doubt they'll give you more scholarship money just because you attend the admitted scholar event

does anyone have evidence to the contrary?

Billy Batts

Silver

Post by Billy Batts » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:13 pm

sufjan wrote:
chrisokc wrote:Do we have a consensus on whether or not additional scholarship money will be offered at the admitted scholars thing? It'll cost me in the neighborhood of $1k for plane ticket, rental car, hotel, etc. However, the promise of more scholarship money would help me justify the expense.
i Highly doubt they'll give you more scholarship money just because you attend the admitted scholar event

So I won't be treated like a blue-chip football recruit at a top-ten program and be lavished with fancy jewelry and hundred-dollar bills?

S de Garmeaux

Bronze

Post by S de Garmeaux » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:14 pm

sufjan wrote:

i dont think they will just offer it to you because you didnt have prior obligations that prevented you from attending, like i do

I'll be at one of the regular ASDs, and would feel pretty slighted if i missed out on thousands of more dollars because my work prevented me from attending

Threepeat

Bronze

Post by Threepeat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:20 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
sufjan wrote:

i dont think they will just offer it to you because you didnt have prior obligations that prevented you from attending, like i do

I'll be at one of the regular ASDs, and would feel pretty slighted if i missed out on thousands of more dollars because my work prevented me from attending

I highly doubt it is an automatic "show up and you'll be granted more money", but I bet the opportunity is there if they are really impressed with you.

I also think if you impress them during a regular ASD you'd probably be considered just as if you were at the admitted scholars day. JMO though which isn't backed by any hard facts..

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”