Wake Forest 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lml09

Bronze

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Post by lml09 » Mon May 17, 2010 8:04 pm

kalvano wrote:
lml09 wrote:So, I just got the info email from wake. June 11 is the deadline for submitting loan apps? Has anyone submitted this yet? How long does it take?

Do your FAFSA. Takes about 20 minutes.

I submitted my fafsa back in March. I've tried emailing Wake because I'm completely clueless about loans but they never got back to me.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon May 17, 2010 11:51 pm

lml09 wrote:
kalvano wrote:
lml09 wrote:So, I just got the info email from wake. June 11 is the deadline for submitting loan apps? Has anyone submitted this yet? How long does it take?

Do your FAFSA. Takes about 20 minutes.

I submitted my fafsa back in March. I've tried emailing Wake because I'm completely clueless about loans but they never got back to me.

Try emailing Janet Cromer.

cromerjb@wfu.edu

She's in charge of financial aid. If your FAFSA was complete, with Wake as a recipient, she should have emailed you a few times.

TarHeel2010

New

Post by TarHeel2010 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:52 am

Any guesses for when we might start seeing some movement on the wait list? Anyone know how many of us are on it?

lml09

Bronze

Post by lml09 » Tue May 18, 2010 8:03 am

TarHeel2010 wrote:Any guesses for when we might start seeing some movement on the wait list? Anyone know how many of us are on it?

The next deposit is due June 15, so my guess is soon after that. Good luck!

gogo

New

Post by gogo » Thu May 20, 2010 6:17 pm

does anyone know if you get to keep a scholarship award if you defer admission for a year? or if you defer do you lose your scholarship?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Thu May 20, 2010 7:34 pm

gogo wrote:does anyone know if you get to keep a scholarship award if you defer admission for a year? or if you defer do you lose your scholarship?
I believe you lose it. However, if you got one this year, I'm sure it is likely (though not guaranteed) you would get one next year...it just might be for a different amount. I would think your best bet would be to talk to Melanie Nutt or someone else in the admissions office.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Tue May 25, 2010 12:09 pm

Officially withdrew today, so there is $67,500 back into the scholarship pot. I hope one of you gets it!

EDIT: I actually did suggest in my email that the scholarship be reallocated to one of you guys. Not sure if it will help but I figured it couldn't hurt.

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Tue May 25, 2010 1:59 pm

traehekat wrote:Officially withdrew today, so there is $67,500 back into the scholarship pot. I hope one of you gets it!
Did you name drop me? If not, a follow-up letter to them would be sufficient :mrgreen:

gl at iowa

Ill be heading down to w-s in a couple weeks to look for housing and hopefully chauffeuring my fiance to a handful of job interviews in the area.

gogo

New

Post by gogo » Tue May 25, 2010 2:10 pm

Are any of you all going to the house hunt in a few weeks?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawyerlover

Bronze

Post by lawyerlover » Tue May 25, 2010 2:11 pm

gogo wrote:Are any of you all going to the house hunt in a few weeks?
yes

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Tue May 25, 2010 2:34 pm

moandersen wrote:
traehekat wrote:Officially withdrew today, so there is $67,500 back into the scholarship pot. I hope one of you gets it!
Did you name drop me? If not, a follow-up letter to them would be sufficient :mrgreen:
I like all you guys too much to name any one or two people specifically, so that is up to their discretion.

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Tue May 25, 2010 3:24 pm

traehekat wrote:
moandersen wrote:
I like all you guys too much to name any one or two people specifically, so that is up to their discretion.
I was just joking. Nice diplomatic answer though. 8)

After numerous attempts to contact the financial aid dept, and no response, I accepted my fate a month or so ago.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue May 25, 2010 3:25 pm

I basically have until the beginning of July to sell my house. If not, my award goes back in to the pot. If so, I will request that it be given to someone on here.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue May 25, 2010 11:54 pm

The Dean of the law school is personally texting people who have multiple deposits. If you call back, she answers, and she is very nice.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Tue May 25, 2010 11:58 pm

kalvano wrote:The Dean of the law school is personally texting people who have multiple deposits. If you call back, she answers, and she is very nice.
I received a text as well, pretty cool.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed May 26, 2010 12:06 am

She was very nice when I explained my situation, and said she completely understood.

I thought it was nice to get a text asking you to call and chat than an angry email / letter telling you to pick one.

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Wed May 26, 2010 11:52 am

Since I wont be able to make it for the wf house hunt, Im going on a hunt of my own. I would post in the other wf threads, but this seems to be the only one still breathing (somewhat).

I have compiled a list of different apt complexes and Im hoping current students/people knowledgeable about w-s can chime in so I can make the list more manageable when I visit. These prices are all for 2bdrm apartments:

Crowne Park / $860 (close and fancy)
The Pines / 799-839 (similar to crowne park it seems, but cheaper)
Providence Pointe / 699-745 (the more bang for your buck, although further away option)
Alaris Village / 785-809 (not as nice as crowne park, but cheaper)
The Trails / 590-640 (the economical, old option)

Thanks!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

loveprofusion2

New

Post by loveprofusion2 » Wed May 26, 2010 3:41 pm

I actually visited a couple of apartment complexes after I looked up reviews on apartmentratings.com, as well as other ratings sites. I went to Crowne Polo first. I loved it! The atmosphere was nice, and the apartment (1 bedroom) I visited was great. It wasn't decorated at all, which actually made me happy...this is because I know that I liked the apartment because of the actual layout, not the great decor they had in it. My only complaint was: the kitchen and bathroom areas were kind of old fashioned. I like dark wood, but all of the cabinets were white and the appliances were white as well. However, all in all the apartment was great, and I put down a deposit here. They are also offering a great law student offer (at least at the time I visited, which was last month). I didn't have to pay an application fee or processing fee. The only thing I had to pay was a $100 deposit which is refundable.

I also visited Crowne Park because both complexes are owned by the same company. I really didn't like their apartments. The one I visited had weird tile in the entry way and the kitchen was not nice at all.

Oops: forgot to mention that both of these complexes are on the Wake Forest bus line...so no need to buy a parking pass for campus.

loveprofusion2

New

Post by loveprofusion2 » Wed May 26, 2010 3:44 pm

EDIT: I actually did suggest in my email that the scholarship be reallocated to one of you guys. Not sure if it will help but I figured it couldn't hurt.
Did you guys hear about a scholarship via email, phone, or snail mail? I'm hoping to get one and was just wondering how you guys found out about yours. Thanks!

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Wed May 26, 2010 4:00 pm

loveprofusion2 wrote:

Did you guys hear about a scholarship via email, phone, or snail mail? I'm hoping to get one and was just wondering how you guys found out about yours. Thanks!
When they were reallocated in April I heard via email.

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Thu May 27, 2010 7:25 am

loveprofusion2 wrote:I actually visited a couple of apartment complexes after I looked up reviews on apartmentratings.com, as well as other ratings sites. I went to Crowne Polo first. I loved it! The atmosphere was nice, and the apartment (1 bedroom) I visited was great. It wasn't decorated at all, which actually made me happy...this is because I know that I liked the apartment because of the actual layout, not the great decor they had in it. My only complaint was: the kitchen and bathroom areas were kind of old fashioned. I like dark wood, but all of the cabinets were white and the appliances were white as well. However, all in all the apartment was great, and I put down a deposit here. They are also offering a great law student offer (at least at the time I visited, which was last month). I didn't have to pay an application fee or processing fee. The only thing I had to pay was a $100 deposit which is refundable.

I also visited Crowne Park because both complexes are owned by the same company. I really didn't like their apartments. The one I visited had weird tile in the entry way and the kitchen was not nice at all.

Oops: forgot to mention that both of these complexes are on the Wake Forest bus line...so no need to buy a parking pass for campus.
You can see that it is such a personal decision cause I really liked Crowne Park and I put a deposit there. But I believe there are law students at all three so I'm sure all of them are fine.

Even though I already have a place, I am going to house hunt so I can meet everyone. It seems like it will be a lot of fun.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Thu May 27, 2010 10:13 am

tstyler98 wrote:
loveprofusion2 wrote:I actually visited a couple of apartment complexes after I looked up reviews on apartmentratings.com, as well as other ratings sites. I went to Crowne Polo first. I loved it! The atmosphere was nice, and the apartment (1 bedroom) I visited was great. It wasn't decorated at all, which actually made me happy...this is because I know that I liked the apartment because of the actual layout, not the great decor they had in it. My only complaint was: the kitchen and bathroom areas were kind of old fashioned. I like dark wood, but all of the cabinets were white and the appliances were white as well. However, all in all the apartment was great, and I put down a deposit here. They are also offering a great law student offer (at least at the time I visited, which was last month). I didn't have to pay an application fee or processing fee. The only thing I had to pay was a $100 deposit which is refundable.

You can see that it is such a personal decision cause I really liked Crowne Park and I put a deposit there. But I believe there are law students at all three so I'm sure all of them are fine.

Even though I already have a place, I am going to house hunt so I can meet everyone. It seems like it will be a lot of fun.
Im just trying to figure out if these crowne apartments are worth the extra $$ compared to other complexes with similar stats (sq. feet, bed/bath). For example, is crowne park worth $60 more per month than the pines?

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Thu May 27, 2010 11:56 am

If I end up going to wake (which is dependent on current negotiations 8) ) I would probably go with Pines at bethabara. A 1l told me that there were a lot of wake law students there. And, you get free cable and hbo for your entire lease, as well as first months rent free. Assuming the actual apartments aren't pos's I'd prob go for there.

lml09

Bronze

Post by lml09 » Thu May 27, 2010 12:08 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:If I end up going to wake (which is dependent on current negotiations 8) ) I would probably go with Pines at bethabara. A 1l told me that there were a lot of wake law students there. And, you get free cable and hbo for your entire lease, as well as first months rent free. Assuming the actual apartments aren't pos's I'd prob go for there.

That's where I am, I'm moving in mid July. The one bedrooms are a bit older, but they still have lots of closet space, big bathroom and a huge front porch. They are also supposed to be very quiet.

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Thu May 27, 2010 12:11 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:If I end up going to wake (which is dependent on current negotiations 8) ) I would probably go with Pines at bethabara. A 1l told me that there were a lot of wake law students there. And, you get free cable and hbo for your entire lease, as well as first months rent free. Assuming the actual apartments aren't pos's I'd prob go for there.
is that in writing somewhere? that would probably seal the deal for me.....

*edit* nm i found it, but its for frebruary......not sure what they have going on now. They got some serious pet fees. 300/pet?! are they going to pick up the crap with that money?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”