Wake Forest 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Pipster30

New

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Post by Pipster30 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:26 pm

A group of 1L's is headed out to Foothills Brewery tomorrow night (Thursday) to throw back a pint prior to the start of orientation and get to know each other. Invitation is open to anyone - check out the Class of 2013 page on Facebook for more details. Spouses and significant others are certainly welcome.

loveprofusion2

New

Post by loveprofusion2 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:16 pm

MarineKappa wrote:Should I be worried that Walker has 4 suggested for CivPro and Taha only has 1 suggested? Is this a blessing or something more sinister waiting to happen....lol
I've talked to two people that had him. One guy went to Wake a number of years ago, and said that I should get every suggested book because you basically have to teach yourself the course. I talked to a rising 2L today, and he said that Walker is intimidating but a nice guy. He will definitely call on you, but apparently not on the first day. That's the class I'm most concerned about..

guitarborder

New

Post by guitarborder » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:52 pm

Anyone that's in 1 (or specifically 1B) -- have you gotten emails from professors? I haven't and I just want to double check. I also haven't gotten anything from admissions...

drewtrav

New

Post by drewtrav » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:03 pm

guitarborder wrote:Anyone that's in 1 (or specifically 1B) -- have you gotten emails from professors? I haven't and I just want to double check. I also haven't gotten anything from admissions...

I am in 1b and have not received any emails from the professors

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:12 pm

loveprofusion2 wrote:
MarineKappa wrote:Should I be worried that Walker has 4 suggested for CivPro and Taha only has 1 suggested? Is this a blessing or something more sinister waiting to happen....lol
I've talked to two people that had him. One guy went to Wake a number of years ago, and said that I should get every suggested book because you basically have to teach yourself the course. I talked to a rising 2L today, and he said that Walker is intimidating but a nice guy. He will definitely call on you, but apparently not on the first day. That's the class I'm most concerned about..
Ive decided to hold back initially on all the supplements and have just purchased two of the four. I got the E&E because I heard it was a great tool regardless of the teacher, and I got the hornbook written by Friedenthal since hes the author of the casebook.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:03 pm

Pipster30 wrote:A group of 1L's is headed out to Foothills Brewery tomorrow night (Thursday) to throw back a pint prior to the start of orientation and get to know each other. Invitation is open to anyone - check out the Class of 2013 page on Facebook for more details. Spouses and significant others are certainly welcome.
1Ls or 0Ls? Technically, you're not a 1L until tomorrow ^.^ .

(brand new) wife and I just moved in a few days ago. We've been to foothills 2x. Each time was excellent.

What time are you guys thinking of heading out there?

edited.. nvm.. saw facebook group-7pm

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:32 pm

Maybe a stupid question, but do we park in the main parking lot tomorrow (even though we don't have passes yet)?

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:53 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:Maybe a stupid question, but do we park in the main parking lot tomorrow (even though we don't have passes yet)?
I believe they will not ticket cars without permits until September.

Got my suit/shorts outfit all ready to go. Remember to bring your laptop tomorrow for the computer training.

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:24 pm

moandersen wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:Maybe a stupid question, but do we park in the main parking lot tomorrow (even though we don't have passes yet)?

Got my suit/shorts outfit all ready to go. Remember to bring your laptop tomorrow for the computer training.
Good enough. So you decided to do shorts and jacket? I had pretty much decided to go full-suit and just come back and change. It's one of those things that shouldn't matter at all, yet it seems like it counts for something.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sufjan

Bronze

Post by sufjan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:39 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
moandersen wrote:

Good enough. So you decided to do shorts and jacket? I had pretty much decided to go full-suit and just come back and change. It's one of those things that shouldn't matter at all, yet it seems like it counts for something.
I'll be suiting up then changing also

picnic question: is it bring-your-own-food? i'm guessing not but it would sure be a bust to attend a picnic sans food..

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:42 pm

sufjan wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:
moandersen wrote:

picnic question: is it bring-your-own-food? i'm guessing not but it would sure be a bust to attend a picnic sans food..
I was wondering the same. I would assume that the school will be providing something, but I'm sure someone will give us a little more info tomorrow (or at least I hope so).

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:53 pm

sufjan wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:
moandersen wrote:

hmmm, you guys are making me rethink my decision to wear shorts, esp since I'm going home to change still. I guess if I'm feeling gq ill wear a full suit. if I feel like bummin ill rock the shorts.

tarheel87

Bronze

Post by tarheel87 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:39 pm

The cost of living analysis on the WFU Admissions site says books should cost $1200 total for a whole year and yet most people are spending in excess of $800 this semester, thus I'm assuming that means we reuse some books next semester (i.e. Contracts and Contracts II), is this accurate or am I way off base?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DNAgent

New

Post by DNAgent » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:52 pm

tarheel87 wrote:The cost of living analysis on the WFU Admissions site says books should cost $1200 total for a whole year and yet most people are spending in excess of $800 this semester, thus I'm assuming that means we reuse some books next semester (i.e. Contracts and Contracts II), is this accurate or am I way off base?
Dunno, but I sure hope you're on target. Our budget already looks like hell :shock:

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:16 pm

DNAgent wrote:
tarheel87 wrote:The cost of living analysis on the WFU Admissions site says books should cost $1200 total for a whole year and yet most people are spending in excess of $800 this semester, thus I'm assuming that means we reuse some books next semester (i.e. Contracts and Contracts II), is this accurate or am I way off base?
Dunno, but I sure hope you're on target. Our budget already looks like hell :shock:
Agreed.

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:05 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
DNAgent wrote:
Agreed.
yup. i forgot to take in to consideration that we lose a small % of our loan amount to fees. :?

maybe to total amount is after the (little) money we get back when we sell our books.

sufjan

Bronze

Post by sufjan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:12 pm

so london or venice for summer study abroad?

everyone is telling me london but i'm drawn to venice for some reason..

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:27 pm

sufjan wrote:so london or venice for summer study abroad?

I'm seriously considering London. I don't know if I'll end up doing it, but, if I could get a job for the second half of the summer after studying abroad, it seems like it would be the best of both worlds.

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:20 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
sufjan wrote:so london or venice for summer study abroad?

I'm seriously considering London. I don't know if I'll end up doing it, but, if I could get a job for the second half of the summer after studying abroad, it seems like it would be the best of both worlds.
I studied in london many years ago and had an absolute blast. I didnt attend the study abroad session because I hope to work (for money?) during the entire summer, so I dont know the detail for either location....but london is awesome - especially when the weather gets warmer. that gets my vote.

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:01 pm

Just went from "complete" to "Administrative Review". :roll: more waiting.

What exactly does that mean anyway?? Don't they all go under committee review?

Margo1020

New

Post by Margo1020 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:57 am

girlonfire wrote:Just went from "complete" to "Administrative Review". :roll: more waiting.

What exactly does that mean anyway?? Don't they all go under committee review?
Try the Wake 2011 thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=133073

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”