Wake Forest 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
moandersen

Silver

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Post by moandersen » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:19 pm

guitarborder wrote: Is it that parking passes don't start until September 1st, or you won't be ticketed until September 1st (you have until then to -get- a pass) ?? Because I'm pretty sure you can register your car starting August 1st on the WIN site and then pick the pass up at orientation...
I think you are correct. my understanding is that no one will be ticketed until sept 1 - so we will be fine for orientation. I will definitely be putting down 500 to get a good parking spot.

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:29 pm

moandersen wrote:
guitarborder wrote: Is it that parking passes don't start until September 1st, or you won't be ticketed until September 1st (you have until then to -get- a pass) ?? Because I'm pretty sure you can register your car starting August 1st on the WIN site and then pick the pass up at orientation...
I think you are correct. my understanding is that no one will be ticketed until sept 1 - so we will be fine for orientation. I will definitely be putting down 500 to get a good parking spot.
If we do the $500 parking pass (or any parking pass for that matter), does the amount simply come out of our loan money (like the insurance, technology fees, etc.), or do we have to pay cash/credit for it when we finish filling out the application?
Last edited by PirateCap'n on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyTarHeelian

New

Post by LadyTarHeelian » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:33 pm

Makes me wonder how difficult it's going to be to park in the Worrell lot during that first week of class though. Everyone will park there whether they have a permit or not.

I am also going to drop the $500 for a good spot. I don't want to have to trek to the God Lot in the dark come winter just to save $350. I am also wondering about PirateCap'n's above question though, anyone know?

guitarborder

New

Post by guitarborder » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:29 am

Where exactly is the "Satellite Lot" -- they dont tell us in the email...

owt

New

Post by owt » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:44 am

guitarborder wrote:Where exactly is the "Satellite Lot" -- they dont tell us in the email...
I'm curious about this as well. I don't mind a bit of a workout as long as the lot isn't like 4 miles from the law building.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:30 am

PirateCap'n wrote: If we do the $500 parking pass (or any parking pass for that matter), does the amount simply come out of our loan money (like the insurance, technology fees, etc.), or do we have to pay cash/credit for it when we finish filling out the application?
I believe the fee gets billed to your account, so we dont have to pay up front. Dont quote me, im just trying to remember what I read off the top of my head.

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:31 am

From what I heard from current students I've talked to, the earlier you show up for class, the more likely you are to get a spot. So, with us 1Ls having class start at 9:00 most days, I'd think we'd have a good chance of getting a spot.

I'm also going to pay the $500 for the lot next to the building. As for paying, I think it is charged to our account just like tuition and the other fees, so I would think it would come out of loans.

And I would also guess that they allow anyone to park on campus during the first few weeks, and then starting ticketing come September if you don't have a pass.

I think the satellite lot is the "God" lot which is the parking lot for the church just north of the law school. They used to allow you to park for free, but I had heard that this year they were going to start charging.

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:23 am

The satellite lot is the field-house lot. It is free, and shuttles go to the school.

tarheel87

Bronze

Post by tarheel87 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:34 am

Here is a map, it doesn't look like the "God Lot" is too far away but I could see how that would be annoying to walk everyday. Not sure which one I want to do.

http://graduate.wfu.edu/docs/maps/RCparkingmap.pdf

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

icydash

Bronze

Post by icydash » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:55 am

guitarborder

New

Post by guitarborder » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:57 am

PirateCap'n wrote:The satellite lot is the field-house lot. It is free, and shuttles go to the school.
In the email, though, it says that the parking passes for the Satellite lot is 150$, and then it says that the Bridger Field House lot is free....so the Satellite lot can't be the field-house lot....or they have something royally messed up.... ???

So is the Satellite lot really the "god" lot?
tstyler98 wrote:From what I heard from current students I've talked to, the earlier you show up for class, the more likely you are to get a spot. So, with us 1Ls having class start at 9:00 most days, I'd think we'd have a good chance of getting a spot.
When do we get our class schedules? How do you know class starts at 9am for us already? ...that'd be great; I was expecting 8am -- did you talk to someone older?

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:11 am

tarheel87 wrote:Here is a map, it doesn't look like the "God Lot" is too far away but I could see how that would be annoying to walk everyday. Not sure which one I want to do.

so.... W1 is the desired lot for law students? just want to make sure i sign up for the correct lot tomorrow.

lml09

Bronze

Post by lml09 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:55 pm

guitarborder wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:The satellite lot is the field-house lot. It is free, and shuttles go to the school.
In the email, though, it says that the parking passes for the Satellite lot is 150$, and then it says that the Bridger Field House lot is free....so the Satellite lot can't be the field-house lot....or they have something royally messed up.... ???

tstyler98 wrote:From what I heard from current students I've talked to, the earlier you show up for class, the more likely you are to get a spot. So, with us 1Ls having class start at 9:00 most days, I'd think we'd have a good chance of getting a spot.
When do we get our class schedules? How do you know class starts at 9am for us already? ...that'd be great; I was expecting 8am -- did you talk to someone older?

The class schedule for fall 2010 is on the website. All 1l classes start at 9 and either end by 2 or 3. If you go to the law website and google fall 2010 class schedule it should come up.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:55 pm

lml09 wrote:
guitarborder wrote:

The class schedule for fall 2010 is on the website. All 1l classes start at 9 and either end by 2 or 3. If you go to the law website and google fall 2010 class schedule it should come up.
The last few years, I think schedules were released around the end of July or beginning of August (with the stipulation that sections could change as people get in off waitlists). A schedule for all classes is available here: http://law.wfu.edu/registrar/documents/ScheduleFall.pdf

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:12 pm

Sorry to jump in the thread-- but does anyone know the verdict on all the WL? It seems like WF likes to give people with my LSAT a waitlist, and I was just wondering how it turned out for anyone with similar numbers to me? (3.1/163)

owt

New

Post by owt » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:24 pm

Barbie wrote:Sorry to jump in the thread-- but does anyone know the verdict on all the WL? It seems like WF likes to give people with my LSAT a waitlist, and I was just wondering how it turned out for anyone with similar numbers to me? (3.1/163)
http://wake.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats

Here is a graph of WF's applicants, there is another part somewhere that lists each applicant by GPA/LSAT.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:25 pm

owt wrote:
Barbie wrote:Sorry to jump in the thread-- but does anyone know the verdict on all the WL? It seems like WF likes to give people with my LSAT a waitlist, and I was just wondering how it turned out for anyone with similar numbers to me? (3.1/163)
http://wake.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats

Here is a graph of WF's applicants, there is another part somewhere that lists each applicant by GPA/LSAT.
thanks. I saw this but it seems like the WL aren't really updated (I wouldn't be worrying about LSN if I was you guys either! )

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

owt

New

Post by owt » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:29 pm

moandersen wrote:
tarheel87 wrote:Here is a map, it doesn't look like the "God Lot" is too far away but I could see how that would be annoying to walk everyday. Not sure which one I want to do.

so.... W1 is the desired lot for law students? just want to make sure i sign up for the correct lot tomorrow.
Pretty sure it is. I'm going for the God lot even though it's slightly off-campus; hopefully there are not any break-ins on a church parking lot.

guitarborder

New

Post by guitarborder » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:54 pm

tstyler98 wrote:
lml09 wrote:
guitarborder wrote:

The last few years, I think schedules were released around the end of July or beginning of August (with the stipulation that sections could change as people get in off waitlists). A schedule for all classes is available here: http://law.wfu.edu/registrar/documents/ScheduleFall.pdf
Our sections aren't up yet, right?

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:32 pm

guitarborder wrote: Our sections aren't up yet, right?
nope....I wish. I would have liked to know my profs and the books that we need to purchase more than a week in advance since ill probably buy online to save money. We find all that fun stuff out on the 13th I believe.

----------

On a side note:

Sufjan and I will be meeting up this Tuesday morning for a round of golf at Reynolds Park. We would love to even it out and make a foursome. Dont worry if you are a hack, because so are we. See this as more of an opportunity to meet some people so orientation isnt quite as awkward as those types of things can be. If interested, PM me or Sufjan your email address so we can coordinate with you. Personally Im plan on playing a decent amount of golf as my 'outlet' and would love to find a playing partner for the semester. Dont be shy! :mrgreen:

rmccord0001

New

Post by rmccord0001 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:39 pm

what time are you guys thinking about playing?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:15 pm

moandersen wrote: On a side note:

Sufjan and I will be meeting up this Tuesday morning for a round of golf at Reynolds Park. We would love to even it out and make a foursome. Dont worry if you are a hack, because so are we. See this as more of an opportunity to meet some people so orientation isnt quite as awkward as those types of things can be. If interested, PM me or Sufjan your email address so we can coordinate with you. Personally Im plan on playing a decent amount of golf as my 'outlet' and would love to find a playing partner for the semester. Dont be shy! :mrgreen:
I had been planning on joining you guys for the outing, but it doesn't look like I will be able to make it. I just got moved in today and probably won't be up full-time until next weekend. Hopefully, we can still all get together sometime for a round though.

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:22 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
moandersen wrote: On a side note:

I had been planning on joining you guys for the outing, but it doesn't look like I will be able to make it. I just got moved in today and probably won't be up full-time until next weekend. Hopefully, we can still all get together sometime for a round though.
no problem. i (cant speak for sufjan) will be playing the following week as well. let me know what works best for you.

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:26 pm

guitarborder wrote: In the email, though, it says that the parking passes for the Satellite lot is 150$, and then it says that the Bridger Field House lot is free....so the Satellite lot can't be the field-house lot....or they have something royally messed up.... ???

I'm basing my saying that it's the field-house lot on this: "Satellite Parking is now located in a designated area at Bridger Field House at no cost with free shuttle." I pulled it off the WIN site where you go to register for parking passes. Take that for what it's worth.

sufjan

Bronze

Post by sufjan » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:15 am

so the parking decal website will not load.....are all of you beating me to a permit?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”