Wake Forest 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
guitarborder

New

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Post by guitarborder » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:25 am

sufjan wrote:so the parking decal website will not load.....are all of you beating me to a permit?
Naw im having this problem too. Damn.

sufjan

Bronze

Post by sufjan » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:17 am

guitarborder wrote:
sufjan wrote:so the parking decal website will not load.....are all of you beating me to a permit?
Naw im having this problem too. Damn.
up now :mrgreen:

lml09

Bronze

Post by lml09 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:06 am

I caved and got the $500 instead of the $150. I figure when it's raining i'll thank myself. Anyways, does anyone know if that money will come out of the living expenses check they give us on the 13 or do we need to go and actually pay the account?

LadyTarHeelian

New

Post by LadyTarHeelian » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:05 am

lml09 wrote:I caved and got the $500 instead of the $150. I figure when it's raining i'll thank myself. Anyways, does anyone know if that money will come out of the living expenses check they give us on the 13 or do we need to go and actually pay the account?
I just did it and I'm assuming it will come out of the check. Even if that's not the case, the email Jenny sent said we couldn't pick them up until August 25 anyway so we'll have the money on hand since we get our checks in our orientation package. It's amazing, even after $50,000 in loans, clicking the button for a $500 parking permit was hard.

owt

New

Post by owt » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:09 am

Yea, I think the money comes out of your loan balance. I got a confirmation screen without having to provide my cc number.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tennis416

New

Post by tennis416 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:51 am

For some reason...I can't log in to the system! Noooo!

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:06 am

tennis416 wrote:For some reason...I can't log in to the system! Noooo!
just worked for me. Have you been able to log in before?

I thought we would have to pick our lot so the decal can reflect our 'designated' lot, but I guess not. Maybe since we are law students we get defaulted to the W lots?

tennis416

New

Post by tennis416 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:24 am

I can log into WIN and my gmail account...but not the parking website :-( Someone save me a spot! lol I guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow and call them to see what's going on. You just used your normal WFU login (same for WIN correct)?

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:25 am

moandersen wrote:
tennis416 wrote:For some reason...I can't log in to the system! Noooo!
just worked for me. Have you been able to log in before?

I thought we would have to pick our lot so the decal can reflect our 'designated' lot, but I guess not. Maybe since we are law students we get defaulted to the W lots?
I don't think so. I think that an on-campus parking pass means that you can park anywhere on campus. This would mean that anyone could park in the W-1 lot. I don't think the on-campus lots are reserved in any way (other than faculty/staff). I could be wrong though.
Last edited by PirateCap'n on Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

owt

New

Post by owt » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:37 am

tennis416 wrote:I can log into WIN and my gmail account...but not the parking website :-( Someone save me a spot! lol I guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow and call them to see what's going on. You just used your normal WFU login (same for WIN correct)?
Did you make sure your password is in caps? I memorized the default password assigned to me and I'm too lazy to change it. It took me a few tries on the parking website until I figured out I needed to capitalize the first letter.

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:42 am

LadyTarHeelian wrote:
lml09 wrote:I caved and got the $500 instead of the $150. I figure when it's raining i'll thank myself. Anyways, does anyone know if that money will come out of the living expenses check they give us on the 13 or do we need to go and actually pay the account?
I just did it and I'm assuming it will come out of the check. Even if that's not the case, the email Jenny sent said we couldn't pick them up until August 25 anyway so we'll have the money on hand since we get our checks in our orientation package. It's amazing, even after $50,000 in loans, clicking the button for a $500 parking permit was hard.
+1. Do we know how much the living expenses checks will be?

tennis416

New

Post by tennis416 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:52 am

Yeah, I went ahead and changed it from the original password they assigned me and it still doesn't work. No worries, I'll just give them a call in the morning! Hopefully there will be a few spots left :-)

LadyTarHeelian

New

Post by LadyTarHeelian » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:14 am

PirateCap'n wrote:
LadyTarHeelian wrote:
In WIN, go to the Personal tab, click on DEAC at the bottom and then View Accounts. It'll tell you how much you should be credited, though it says it does NOT include your deposit so add $600 to it. The only thing is that I don't think their calculation includes loan fees, so if you're on loans you should also be able to download your disclosure statements from StudentLoans.gov and they'll tell you exactly what your disbursement for the year will be. It'll take a little math to get your check amount but if you need it down to the dollar, that should do it for you.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:30 pm

LadyTarHeelian wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:
LadyTarHeelian wrote:
In WIN, go to the Personal tab, click on DEAC at the bottom and then View Accounts. It'll tell you how much you should be credited, though it says it does NOT include your deposit so add $600 to it. The only thing is that I don't think their calculation includes loan fees, so if you're on loans you should also be able to download your disclosure statements from StudentLoans.gov and they'll tell you exactly what your disbursement for the year will be. It'll take a little math to get your check amount but if you need it down to the dollar, that should do it for you.
So they're going to go ahead and give us our entire loan amount? When I do as you instruct, it gives me the total for the entire semester as my loan amount. I thought that we were only receiving a "living stipend" to cover us until loans were dispersed around the first day of class for everyone (August 23rd or whenever everyone starts).

gogo

New

Post by gogo » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:50 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
LadyTarHeelian wrote:
So they're going to go ahead and give us our entire loan amount? When I do as you instruct, it gives me the total for the entire semester as my loan amount. I thought that we were only receiving a "living stipend" to cover us until loans were dispersed around the first day of class for everyone (August 23rd or whenever everyone starts).
hmm yeah i was wondering this too. when do our loans get disbursed?

LadyTarHeelian

New

Post by LadyTarHeelian » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:00 pm

I called a few weeks ago and asked when we would get our refund checks. Diane told me that for entering students they would be in our orientation packets so I think we get our full checks, not a stipend. We only get half of the total disbursement for Fall so you'll have to divide your loan disbursement amount in half then subtract the tuition and fees found on the DEAC Accounts page (notice that the full Technology Fee comes out of Fall while the Health fee is split between the two semesters) then add the $600 deposit to get your refund check amount. Like I said, it takes some math to figure it out.

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:06 pm

LadyTarHeelian wrote:I called a few weeks ago and asked when we would get our refund checks. Diane told me that for entering students they would be in our orientation packets so I think we get our full checks, not a stipend. We only get half of the total disbursement for Fall so you'll have to divide your loan disbursement amount in half then subtract the tuition and fees found on the DEAC Accounts page (notice that the full Technology Fee comes out of Fall while the Health fee is split between the two semesters) then add the $600 deposit to get your refund check amount. Like I said, it takes some math to figure it out.
Sounds good. Thanks for clearing that up.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LadyTarHeelian

New

Post by LadyTarHeelian » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:02 am

PirateCap'n wrote:
LadyTarHeelian wrote:I called a few weeks ago and asked when we would get our refund checks. Diane told me that for entering students they would be in our orientation packets so I think we get our full checks, not a stipend. We only get half of the total disbursement for Fall so you'll have to divide your loan disbursement amount in half then subtract the tuition and fees found on the DEAC Accounts page (notice that the full Technology Fee comes out of Fall while the Health fee is split between the two semesters) then add the $600 deposit to get your refund check amount. Like I said, it takes some math to figure it out.
Sounds good. Thanks for clearing that up.
Happy to help :D

sufjan

Bronze

Post by sufjan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:14 pm

tee time is 8:36 at Reynolds Park Golf Course tomorrow for those interested..still need one more to round out our foursome. PM if you're interested (or just show up?)

I'll be at the driving range around 8 to warm up

MarineKappa

New

Post by MarineKappa » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:52 am

Don't know if any of you were planning on doing some serious shopping coming up. NC has its annual no tax shopping this weekend. Supposed to be for clothes, school supplies, computers, but most stores let u buy whatever.

Also, hate to be a spoiler, but there is a short reading assignment out there.
Last edited by MarineKappa on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guitarborder

New

Post by guitarborder » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:37 pm

MarineKappa wrote:Vernon Rio Kidd III 10:28pm
Don't know if any of you were planning on doing some serious shopping coming up. NC has its annual no tax shopping this weekend. Supposed to be for clothes, school supplies, computers, but most stores let u buy whatever.

Also, hate to be a spoiler, but there is a short reading assignment out there.
Are you talking about the the like 17 page reading for LAWR class? The John Grisham book? Or is there another one?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

LadyTarHeelian

New

Post by LadyTarHeelian » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:10 pm

SCHEDULES!!!! Finally! Looks like I'm in Section 2A.

lml09

Bronze

Post by lml09 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:47 pm

LadyTarHeelian wrote:SCHEDULES!!!! Finally! Looks like I'm in Section 2A.

Whaaat?? I haven't gotten anything!

whenpigsfly

New

Post by whenpigsfly » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:39 pm

lml09 wrote:

Whaaat?? I haven't gotten anything!
I was just reworking my schedule for the fall and noticed a lot of the 1L classes were filled, but didn't want to say anything for fear of setting off a firestorm. At this point, it seems that they've only assigned students to 3 of the 4 sections so far, so 1) don't fret if you don't have a schedule yet, and 2) keep in mind that your current section may get switched at this point.

Hope everyone's move to Winston went/is going/goes ok!

owt

New

Post by owt » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:50 pm

How did you find out?

edit: information is on the WIN network :D
Last edited by owt on Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”