DePaul Law School 2013 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
moviechicka

New

Re: DePaul 2013

Post by moviechicka » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:15 pm

Decision was sent today. I'm a little worried. I just went complete last week. Fingers crossed.

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:17 pm

moviechicka wrote:Decision was sent today. I'm a little worried. I just went complete last week. Fingers crossed.
Ditto. That's why I'm worried too.

meddlingkid

Bronze

Post by meddlingkid » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:49 pm

jaskat wrote: edit: I also heard people who get accepted get called. Is that for every acceptance? And how long does it take them to do that?
I got my acceptance on 1/11 and got a call from the assistant dean the following Wednesday.

kkmae

New

Post by kkmae » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:52 pm

I just looked at my status checker and my decision was sent yesterday. I live in Illinois so I wonder how fast I'll get it. I'm freaked out, this will be my first ding or acceptance :roll:

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:50 pm

moviechicka wrote:Decision was sent today. I'm a little worried. I just went complete last week. Fingers crossed.
+1

What are everyone's numbers? Mine are at my LSN in my profile.
I hope these aren't rejections b/c I'm a splitter :?

My "Letter Sent" date actually says 1/14.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

usuaggie

Silver

Post by usuaggie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:24 pm

keg411 wrote:
+1

What are everyone's numbers? Mine are at my LSN in my profile.
I hope these aren't rejections b/c I'm a splitter :?

My "Letter Sent" date actually says 1/14.

i got waitlisted with 159/3.32

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:37 pm

Visited DePaul today. I took part in a small group information session lead by Michael Burns, an Associate Dean at DePaul, then we took a tour which also guided by Michael. The facilities definitely need some work, no doubt. Additionally, the elevators seem like a huge pain in the ass. We were going down one or two floors in an elevator only to get out, walk down a hallway, and get in another elevator. I am pretty sure this is because we were going from building to building (although it is difficult to even tell that you are in two different buildings). Either way, I am sure it would be an even bigger pain with 800 students and faculty moving about. There are two student lounges, the older one really needing some help (duct tape on the carpet, dinged up wooden tables). I think he mentioned they may be looking to renovate that area soon though. The newer student lounge is nice, plenty of space and lockers it looks like.

Other than the facilities though, I was really impressed! Michael put a lot of emphasis on DePaul's huge alumni network in Chicago, and when asked about the economy and what DePaul is doing to help students, he said some students are really utilizing the alumni network to find work. The professors we came in brief contact with appeared very friendly. The few students there on a Friday afternoon seemed content. The location in the city is awesome, and I am not really a big city person so if I was impressed that is saying something, I suppose. Michael took more than enough time to answer everyone's questions, and of course while he is representing the university's interests, he was candid with everyone which is always appreciated. He also told a pretty awesome story about how he got to know Michelle Obama when they were both at Sidley Austin, along with Barack Obama, of course.

My impression of DePaul definitely went up after this visit, so I am excited to receive a decision in a couple weeks hopefully!

Elysium09

New

Post by Elysium09 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:57 pm

Anyone else receive their decision from the 1/14 batch?

Splitter here too.

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:59 pm

someone else got their letter already? Did you elysium?

Has anyone else been reviewed for just a week? Was the outcome favorable?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

illini10

New

Post by illini10 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:04 pm

got back to school today and in my mail - in at DePaul with 20k per year! Nice way to start the semster.

ahk!

New

Post by ahk! » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:41 pm

got my t-shirt today

moviechicka

New

Post by moviechicka » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:45 pm

I was accepted to DePaul today via voicemail. It was a nice touch. There was no mention of scholarship money. Is that information typically included in the acceptance package?

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:53 pm

moviechicka wrote:I was accepted to DePaul today via voicemail. It was a nice touch. There was no mention of scholarship money. Is that information typically included in the acceptance package?
yup. scholly info came about a week and a half after my phone call.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

OriginalPerson

New

Post by OriginalPerson » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:56 pm

Directed primarily to the accepted:

How long after the "Decision made - answer will be mailed within 2-3 weeks" status does it actually arrive in the snail mail?

holidayfromreal

New

Post by holidayfromreal » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:00 pm

moviechicka wrote:I was accepted to DePaul today via voicemail. It was a nice touch. There was no mention of scholarship money. Is that information typically included in the acceptance package?
Mine was but I'm sure there's always a chance of some $$ coming later

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:01 pm

Congratulations! DId you get a call from a professor or the admissions?

I'm starting to think I didn't get in since I haven't gotten a call... :(

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:01 pm

OriginalPerson wrote:Directed primarily to the accepted:

How long after the "Decision made - answer will be mailed within 2-3 weeks" status does it actually arrive in the snail mail?
complete 12/18
decision letter sent 1/4
accepted via phone call 1/8
received scholly info around 1/12 (along with official acceptance via snail mail)
received t-shirt 1/15
received IP program info 1/19

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

moviechicka

New

Post by moviechicka » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:31 pm

jaskat wrote:
Congratulations! DId you get a call from a professor or the admissions?

I'm starting to think I didn't get in since I haven't gotten a call... :(
I received a call from a professor. She's the director of the IP program since I expressed interest in that area.

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:29 pm

traehekat wrote:Visited DePaul today. I took part in a small group information session lead by Michael Burns, an Associate Dean at DePaul, then we took a tour which also guided by Michael. The facilities definitely need some work, no doubt. Additionally, the elevators seem like a huge pain in the ass. We were going down one or two floors in an elevator only to get out, walk down a hallway, and get in another elevator. I am pretty sure this is because we were going from building to building (although it is difficult to even tell that you are in two different buildings). Either way, I am sure it would be an even bigger pain with 800 students and faculty moving about. There are two student lounges, the older one really needing some help (duct tape on the carpet, dinged up wooden tables). I think he mentioned they may be looking to renovate that area soon though. The newer student lounge is nice, plenty of space and lockers it looks like.

Other than the facilities though, I was really impressed! Michael put a lot of emphasis on DePaul's huge alumni network in Chicago, and when asked about the economy and what DePaul is doing to help students, he said some students are really utilizing the alumni network to find work. The professors we came in brief contact with appeared very friendly. The few students there on a Friday afternoon seemed content. The location in the city is awesome, and I am not really a big city person so if I was impressed that is saying something, I suppose. Michael took more than enough time to answer everyone's questions, and of course while he is representing the university's interests, he was candid with everyone which is always appreciated. He also told a pretty awesome story about how he got to know Michelle Obama when they were both at Sidley Austin, along with Barack Obama, of course.

My impression of DePaul definitely went up after this visit, so I am excited to receive a decision in a couple weeks hopefully!
I went on a similar tour and was equally impressed. Also, facilities rarely bother me one way or the other but I thought DePaul's were pretty nice.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:10 am

Did everyone who was accepted get a phone call? I'm guessing this means my decision is a WL/Reject... but people are getting in with $$ with worse numbers :? .

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:56 am

keg411 wrote:Did everyone who was accepted get a phone call? I'm guessing this means my decision is a WL/Reject... but people are getting in with $$ with worse numbers :? .
I'd love to know the answer to this too. I'm expecting something in the mail in the next couple weeks, so every day that passes with a phone call is going to make me feel worse and worse if this is true.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:07 am

All the people I know that have been getting phone calls have expressed interest in the IP program, and have been called by an IP professor. Although I don't think my sample space is big enough, so take that with a grain of salt. I'm more worried about not getting the t-shirt everyone seems to be getting.

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:58 am

jaskat wrote:All the people I know that have been getting phone calls have expressed interest in the IP program, and have been called by an IP professor. Although I don't think my sample space is big enough, so take that with a grain of salt. I'm more worried about not getting the t-shirt everyone seems to be getting.
i got a phone call for acceptance from head of IP department. AND the t-shirt.

windycity

New

Post by windycity » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:13 am

Last edited by windycity on Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:49 am

Nothing personal to you both, but I might dislike you for getting these things...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”