Stetson 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawlec48
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:03 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby lawlec48 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:44 pm

luckyduck wrote:Admitted, package received today. LSDS GPA 3.89, LSAT south of 158.


Congrats Luckyduck! Not sure how south of 158 you were, but that GPA would almost make it an auto admit. How does Stetson rate for you?

User avatar
als06h
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:22 am

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby als06h » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:25 pm

Wait listed this morning! Not very happy about that at all :-/

lawschool5523
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:10 am

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby lawschool5523 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:29 pm

als06h wrote:Wait listed this morning! Not very happy about that at all :-/


stats??

luckyduck
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:06 am

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby luckyduck » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:40 pm

lawlec48 wrote:
luckyduck wrote:Admitted, package received today. LSDS GPA 3.89, LSAT south of 158.


Congrats Luckyduck! Not sure how south of 158 you were, but that GPA would almost make it an auto admit. How does Stetson rate for you?


Thanks! Given my low LSAT and the fact that I'm here in Tampa, it's pretty high on my list. I'm very excited to have my first acceptance!

lawlec48
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:03 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby lawlec48 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:56 pm

Stetson is killing me, I just checked my mail and still no decision letter! I think they're torturing me a little before crushing me in the end. I guess if I look on the bright side, it is one more day before my hopes are totally crushed, or at least that is what I am anticipating with the numbers that have received WL and Rejections this cycle.

lawschool5523
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:10 am

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby lawschool5523 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:14 pm

i really think stetson is starting to look at GPA more seriously.. should be interesting to see the rest of the numbers early on

User avatar
Buc12
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:11 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby Buc12 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:15 pm

In at Stetson! Received the package in the mail today! Anybody know when we can expect to hear back with scholarship info?

User avatar
bjball500
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby bjball500 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:40 pm

Just got accepted this weekend, good luck to all still waiting, Stetson is one of my top choices.

lawlec48
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:03 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby lawlec48 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:58 pm

Congrats BJ and Bucs!!! What are your stats?

User avatar
Buc12
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:11 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby Buc12 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:25 pm

158, north of 3.7 for GPA

User avatar
Mitch McDeere
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:57 am

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby Mitch McDeere » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:46 pm

I'm in! Got the acceptance package today. No scholarship info though.. I see on LSN that a few people have already been offered schollys which has me a little concerned.

User avatar
deadpanic
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby deadpanic » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:14 pm

Mitch McDeere wrote:I'm in! Got the acceptance package today. No scholarship info though.. I see on LSN that a few people have already been offered schollys which has me a little concerned.


With your numbers, you should get money from Stetson. If not, go somewhere else that will.

User avatar
houli13
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:36 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby houli13 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:25 pm

I'm in via snail mail as of 12/5. Good luck to those still waiting!

lawlec48
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:03 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby lawlec48 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:43 pm

Got home and was greeted with a big envelope from Stetson. IN!!! Really excited as Stetson is my top school for my target schools! I was pretty nervous over the past two weeks, but it was worth it for the admit! Congrats again to all those admitted!

Hal4040
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:44 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby Hal4040 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:09 pm

My status checker just went to "Decision made/sent by U.S. mail" today, but my decision was made 11/23/2009. I'm just wondering if they mailed my decision today or it takes like one week for the status checker to update.

For those that had their decision made on 11/23 and received something in the mail already, do you remember when the "sent by US mail" was added to your status checker or how long the delay was in between that status change?

thanks

User avatar
GATORTIM
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby GATORTIM » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:14 pm

.
Last edited by GATORTIM on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawlec48
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:03 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby lawlec48 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:37 pm

Hal4040 wrote:My status checker just went to "Decision made/sent by U.S. mail" today, but my decision was made 11/23/2009. I'm just wondering if they mailed my decision today or it takes like one week for the status checker to update.

For those that had their decision made on 11/23 and received something in the mail already, do you remember when the "sent by US mail" was added to your status checker or how long the delay was in between that status change?

thanks


Hal, I had the same thing happen, actually it happened today. Decision made on 11/23, changed to decision made/sent by u.s. mail on 12/07. Then when I got home today, there was the decision letter. I wondered what was up with the change too, but it worked out in the end.

Hal4040
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:44 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby Hal4040 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:02 pm

yea eh, but mine doesn't have a date next to "sent by US mail" and I find that off-putting because yours has a date next to it and you're admitted

luckyduck
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:06 am

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby luckyduck » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:04 pm

lawlec48 wrote:Got home and was greeted with a big envelope from Stetson. IN!!! Really excited as Stetson is my top school for my target schools! I was pretty nervous over the past two weeks, but it was worth it for the admit! Congrats again to all those admitted!


Congrats!

lawlec48
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:03 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby lawlec48 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:14 pm

Hal4040 wrote:yea eh, but mine doesn't have a date next to "sent by US mail" and I find that off-putting because yours has a date next to it and you're admitted


Hal, the date was just the same date 11/23, from the decision made, no additional date by the "sent by US mail" aspect.

luckyduck wrote:
lawlec48 wrote:Got home and was greeted with a big envelope from Stetson. IN!!! Really excited as Stetson is my top school for my target schools! I was pretty nervous over the past two weeks, but it was worth it for the admit! Congrats again to all those admitted!


Congrats!


Much appreciated Ladyduck!!!

User avatar
bjball500
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby bjball500 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:31 pm

congrats lawlec stetson is one of my top choices too.

jryang17
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:22 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby jryang17 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:04 pm

Got my acceptance packet on Monday, but no scholarship info. Does anyone know when Stetson sends out scholarship decisions?

briant32
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:10 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby briant32 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:29 pm

Finally received my acceptance via snail mail today. I'm in! Decision made on 11/23.

User avatar
GATORTIM
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby GATORTIM » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:54 pm

.
Last edited by GATORTIM on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
deadpanic
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby deadpanic » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:02 am

GATORTIM wrote:I re-took LSAT this month and have applied to Stetson w/ 3.38/157 (6 years WE), but the more I think about what happened Saturday the more I am concerned that I didn't raise my score by much (if at all). If you have done some research on the school and can provide any insight on my chances I would appreciate it, thanks.


I think you will get in. At the very worst, you will get waitlisted and I bet you can get off a waitlist there if you let them know it is your #1 choice.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cathy95, Long shot hero, oakroom, okf731, stratton_oakmont, tinafeyclone and 12 guests