Stetson 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bomedtheLSAT101
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:38 am

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby bomedtheLSAT101 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:26 am

no i am all in on stetson

bomedtheLSAT101
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:38 am

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby bomedtheLSAT101 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:26 pm

who is still on wait-list for stetson????

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby Barbie » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:35 pm

GATORTIM wrote:I spent this afternoon looking for housing in Tampa (can't live in St Pete b/c of wife's job) and it was f'n stressful! I really like hyde park, but we have reserved an apt off 275 called Phillips International. Do any of you know about this area of town? It's really close to the International Plaza, but I don't know much at all about Tampa housing.

edit: let the apt go b/c I found an amazing place in Hyde Park; one block off Howard and within walking distance of Bayshore. It's about 24 miles from campus though :(



Dont worry, Gator Tim the drive over the bayway is beautiful and the most enjoyable 24 mile drive ever :)

callofduty
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:01 am

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby callofduty » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:48 pm

bomedtheLSAT101 wrote:no i am all in on stetson


Do you live locally? If you're interested in re-taking the lsat I recommend Blackstone... The woman is very dedicated to each individual's success on the test. I would have retaken myself except I ended up in the hospital during the second available test date. I was confident enough with my score, we will see how my decision works out. Best of luck to you (and to me)! Keep on keepin' on!

User avatar
GATORTIM
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby GATORTIM » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:36 pm

darby girl wrote:
GATORTIM wrote:I spent this afternoon looking for housing in Tampa (can't live in St Pete b/c of wife's job) and it was f'n stressful! I really like hyde park, but we have reserved an apt off 275 called Phillips International. Do any of you know about this area of town? It's really close to the International Plaza, but I don't know much at all about Tampa housing.

edit: let the apt go b/c I found an amazing place in Hyde Park; one block off Howard and within walking distance of Bayshore. It's about 24 miles from campus though :(



Dont worry, Gator Tim the drive over the bayway is beautiful and the most enjoyable 24 mile drive ever :)


I was thinking (hoping) that I would be avoiding too much traffic (driving from Tampa to Gulfport in the AM and heading back to Tampa in the evening) as I think most would be coming into Tampa in the morning.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby Grizz » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:38 pm

GATORTIM wrote:
darby girl wrote:

Dont worry, Gator Tim the drive over the bayway is beautiful and the most enjoyable 24 mile drive ever :)


I was thinking (hoping) that I would be avoiding too much traffic (driving from Tampa to Gulfport in the AM and heading back to Tampa in the evening) as I think most would be coming into Tampa in the morning.


There is a ton of people in Pinellas Park though who use 275 to go to St. Pete to work.

User avatar
GATORTIM
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby GATORTIM » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:41 pm

rad law wrote:
GATORTIM wrote:
darby girl wrote:

Dont worry, Gator Tim the drive over the bayway is beautiful and the most enjoyable 24 mile drive ever :)


I was thinking (hoping) that I would be avoiding too much traffic (driving from Tampa to Gulfport in the AM and heading back to Tampa in the evening) as I think most would be coming into Tampa in the morning.


There is a ton of people in Pinellas Park though who use 275 to go to St. Pete to work.


what's the Gandy Bridge like? I've been checking morning/evening traffic flow from time to time and it seems to move okay. I don't think the distance will be too much of an issue after spending 4 years commuting from Orange County to Los Angeles....I hope

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby Grizz » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:44 pm

GATORTIM wrote:what's the Gandy Bridge like? I've been checking morning/evening traffic flow from time to time and it seems to move okay. I don't think the distance will be too much of an issue after spending 4 years commuting from Orange County to Los Angeles....I hope


The Gandy bridge itself isn't too bad. 275 on the other side can be really bad though, but I haven't driven down early in the morning in a while.

bomedtheLSAT101
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:38 am

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby bomedtheLSAT101 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:53 pm

rad law are u in stetson law?

User avatar
GATORTIM
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby GATORTIM » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:57 pm

bomedtheLSAT101 wrote:rad law are u in stetson law?


::reaches for popcorn::

bomedtheLSAT101
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:38 am

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby bomedtheLSAT101 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:01 pm

lol did i say something wrong? Enlighten me pls

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby Grizz » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:05 pm

bomedtheLSAT101 wrote:rad law are u in stetson law?


Vanderbilt. I just posted ITT because Gatortim is my bro.

bomedtheLSAT101
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:38 am

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby bomedtheLSAT101 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:12 pm

oo congrats on vandy :)

bomedtheLSAT101
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:38 am

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby bomedtheLSAT101 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:13 pm

Gatortim, what do u think of stetson campus? do they have a gym for their law school students? what do u like the most and dislike?

User avatar
trialjunky
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby trialjunky » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:25 pm

bomedtheLSAT101 wrote:Gatortim, what do u think of stetson campus? do they have a gym for their law school students? what do u like the most and dislike?


Yes, they have a gym. The great thing about Stetson is it's not attached to the undergrad. The campus is small and beautiful!!! They have small study areas with lockers and a pool.

User avatar
GATORTIM
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby GATORTIM » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:29 pm

bomedtheLSAT101 wrote:Gatortim, what do u think of stetson campus? do they have a gym for their law school students? what do u like the most and dislike?


I haven't been in several years (visited during undergrad). I have visited (Univ San Diego, Florida, Florida State, Loyola, USC, Pepperdine and UCLA) and really like the feel of Stetson. I'm nearly certain they have a pretty decent gym. I have a lot of ties to Florida and absolutely cannot picture myself living too far from a coastal area; these are the major factors for me going to Stetson.

User avatar
GATORTIM
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby GATORTIM » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:31 pm

rad law wrote:
bomedtheLSAT101 wrote:rad law are u in stetson law?


Vanderbilt. I just posted ITT because Gatortim is my bro.


and b/c I will give him a job when we graduate :wink: ....couldnt help it homie

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby Barbie » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:38 pm

trialjunky wrote:
bomedtheLSAT101 wrote:Gatortim, what do u think of stetson campus? do they have a gym for their law school students? what do u like the most and dislike?


Yes, they have a gym. The great thing about Stetson is it's not attached to the undergrad. The campus is small and beautiful!!! They have small study areas with lockers and a pool.


I toured with youuuu!! haha

Trialjunky, if Stetson and UF had the same rank, which would you have chosen, out of curiosity?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby Grizz » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:38 pm

GATORTIM wrote:
rad law wrote:
bomedtheLSAT101 wrote:rad law are u in stetson law?


Vanderbilt. I just posted ITT because Gatortim is my bro.


and b/c I will give him a job when we graduate :wink: ....couldnt help it homie


Haha I am not too proud to take a job at your future solo insurance defense shop! We'll corner the market for the greater South Howard Ave. area.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby Barbie » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:39 pm

rad law wrote:
GATORTIM wrote:
rad law wrote:
bomedtheLSAT101 wrote:rad law are u in stetson law?


Vanderbilt. I just posted ITT because Gatortim is my bro.


and b/c I will give him a job when we graduate :wink: ....couldnt help it homie


Haha I am not too proud to take a job at your future solo insurance defense shop! We'll corner the market for the greater South Howard Ave. area.


rad law! phillips (mentioned earlier ITT, i think) is the complex I was talking about with the douchy S. Tampa doodes. Off of Lois i think.

User avatar
GATORTIM
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby GATORTIM » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:46 pm

darby girl wrote:rad law! phillips (mentioned earlier ITT, i think) is the complex I was talking about with the douchy S. Tampa doodes. Off of Lois i think.


I actually had a deposit for an apt at Phillips International, but cancelled after I found the place in Hyde Park. The building is pretty nice, but the creepy interior hallways and some of the sketchy tenants I met turned me off.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby Barbie » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:48 pm

GATORTIM wrote:
darby girl wrote:rad law! phillips (mentioned earlier ITT, i think) is the complex I was talking about with the douchy S. Tampa doodes. Off of Lois i think.


I actually had a deposit for an apt at Phillips International, but cancelled after I found the place in Hyde Park. The building is pretty nice, but the creepy interior hallways and some of the sketchy tenants I met turned me off.


Phillips has that Melrose Place pool, you know? Its really nice and is overlooked by, what I can tell, is most of the apartments. It's a nice place. Really expensive compared to what I pay in N. Tampa

User avatar
hiromoto45
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby hiromoto45 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:50 pm

Has NorB been exiled here?

User avatar
NU_Jet55
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby NU_Jet55 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:54 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:Has NorB been exiled here?


Why not.

User avatar
trialjunky
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby trialjunky » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:56 pm

darby girl wrote:
trialjunky wrote:
bomedtheLSAT101 wrote:Gatortim, what do u think of stetson campus? do they have a gym for their law school students? what do u like the most and dislike?


Yes, they have a gym. The great thing about Stetson is it's not attached to the undergrad. The campus is small and beautiful!!! They have small study areas with lockers and a pool.


I toured with youuuu!! haha

Trialjunky, if Stetson and UF had the same rank, which would you have chosen, out of curiosity?


Muahhahahahahah!!! If they were = in rank it would be hard for me to say. I really love the look and feel of both campuses.


lol, we did tour together, did you like Stetson....you left early before I could ask!!??




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, anrf1225, Bing [Bot], call-me-bubbles, darthlawyer, EricDelgado, lillawyer2, longsh0305, monotonemr, Pomegranate27, Thelaw23, thg1870 and 19 guests