Stetson 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mango26

Re: Stetson 2010

Postby mango26 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:04 am

when were you guys accepted? i just received my acceptance packet yesterday. do you think since i didn't get a phone call today that i should not expect to be in this next round of scholarships?

Moose Thompson

Postby Moose Thompson » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:29 am

84Sunbird2000 wrote:I also received a call from Darren today. Awesome as always. Can't wait for the scholly packet to arrive.

Did he give you any idea of what to expect?

Moose Thompson

Postby Moose Thompson » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:08 am

I got the phone call from Darren this morning. Full ride plus an invitation to the scholars weekend Feb 26th. I'm really excited, and dreading my decision even more now. He said this round of scholarships are going out today, so be on the lookout.

GATORTIM

Postby GATORTIM » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:13 am

Moose Thompson wrote:I got the phone call from Darren this morning. Full ride plus an invitation to the scholars weekend Feb 26th. I'm really excited, and dreading my decision even more now. He said this round of scholarships are going out today, so be on the lookout.

That's awesome! Congrats...what other schools are in the running?

mango26

Postby mango26 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:26 am

Moose Thompson wrote:I got the phone call from Darren this morning. Full ride plus an invitation to the scholars weekend Feb 26th. I'm really excited, and dreading my decision even more now. He said this round of scholarships are going out today, so be on the lookout.

Congrats! it would be hard to turn down a full ride in such a beautiful location

Moose Thompson

Postby Moose Thompson » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:34 am

GATORTIM wrote:

I have Stetson and UF at 1 and 1A, I feel like it's really a choice between the two now. I'm waiting to see what FSU offers, but I don't think it will be enough to lure (sp?) me to Tallahassee. I applied to Duke, but I'm really just waiting for the ding. I know my numbers aren't strong enough for them. I will be withdrawing from UGA today or tomorrow.

I've got to say, this is exactly what I hoped for 4 years ago when I left a career and returned to school. There was a period some months back that I got caught up in TLS and felt like anything out of the top 14 was failure, but I feel great today knowing that I did exactly what I set out to do. I don't know how to put it into words, but it feels weird that law school is becoming something I'm doing in a few months, rather than "someday."

lawschoolstudent85

Postby lawschoolstudent85 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:39 am

/
Last edited by lawschoolstudent85 on Tue May 11, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luckyduck

Postby luckyduck » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:40 am

Moose Thompson wrote:
GATORTIM wrote:

I have Stetson and UF at 1 and 1A, I feel like it's really a choice between the two now. I'm waiting to see what FSU offers, but I don't think it will be enough to lure (sp?) me to Tallahassee. I applied to Duke, but I'm really just waiting for the ding. I know my numbers aren't strong enough for them. I will be withdrawing from UGA today or tomorrow.

I've got to say, this is exactly what I hoped for 4 years ago when I left a career and returned to school. There was a period some months back that I got caught up in TLS and felt like anything out of the top 14 was failure, but I feel great today knowing that I did exactly what I set out to do. I don't know how to put it into words, but it feels weird that law school is becoming something I'm doing in a few months, rather than "someday."

This gave me the chills! Way to go - with an attitude like that you deserve your full ride. I hope, if we both end up at Stetson, that I get to meet you.

Moose Thompson

Postby Moose Thompson » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:42 am

wiggsb wrote:Does this Darren character call to let you know you've been accepted or to talk about schollys?

I didn't get a phone call when I was accepted, only when they offered the scholarship. He is definitely the best admissions person I've talked to this cycle. I met him at their prospective student weekend and he's been very engaging ever since.

horriblegb

Postby horriblegb » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:48 pm

That is really exciting to here! time to stalk the mailman!

Moose Thompson

Postby Moose Thompson » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:44 pm

horriblegb wrote:That is really exciting to here! time to stalk the mailman!

FWIW, it came via FedEx today. Good luck!

shawty18ga

Postby shawty18ga » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:51 pm

Congrats to those who have received the most recent full schollies. I guess I'll be seeing you all at the scholars retreat :)

horriblegb

Postby horriblegb » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:30 am

I am very embarrassed and disappointed to report that I received a half scholarship. Darren really got my hopes up. Anyways, I cannot imagine this will help me in wishing to attend Stetson in the fall.

Oh well :oops: :cry:

lawschool5523

Postby lawschool5523 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:57 am

Moose Thompson wrote:
wiggsb wrote:Does this Darren character call to let you know you've been accepted or to talk about schollys?

I didn't get a phone call when I was accepted, only when they offered the scholarship. He is definitely the best admissions person I've talked to this cycle. I met him at their prospective student weekend and he's been very engaging ever since.

When you said you were between Stetson and UF, it reminded me of one of my friends. She is currently a 1L at Stetson (full ride) and chose it over a scholarship to UF. She can not be happier. She absolutely loves Stetson, and feels like the school is much more personal. Let me know if you have any questions!

baboon309

Postby baboon309 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:44 am

horriblegb wrote:I am very embarrassed and disappointed to report that I received a half scholarship. Darren really got my hopes up. Anyways, I cannot imagine this will help me in wishing to attend Stetson in the fall.

I got nothing.

horriblegb

Postby horriblegb » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:24 pm

baboon309 wrote:
horriblegb wrote:I am very embarrassed and disappointed to report that I received a half scholarship. Darren really got my hopes up. Anyways, I cannot imagine this will help me in wishing to attend Stetson in the fall.

I got nothing.

I understand that it sounds bratty, but I was lead to believe that I had a full ride in the bag, I would hand mine over to you if I could

Moose Thompson

Postby Moose Thompson » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:04 pm

horriblegb wrote:
baboon309 wrote:

I got nothing.

I understand that it sounds bratty, but I was lead to believe that I had a full ride in the bag, I would hand mine over to you if I could

It doesn't sound bratty at all. I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't get the full ride offer, especially after they told you to expect it. :(

Moose Thompson

Postby Moose Thompson » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:05 pm

luckyduck wrote:
Moose Thompson wrote:
GATORTIM wrote:

This gave me the chills! Way to go - with an attitude like that you deserve your full ride. I hope, if we both end up at Stetson, that I get to meet you.

Sorry, I missed this until today. Thank you for your kind words! If we both end up at Stetson we'll definitely meet. :)

84Sunbird2000

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:36 pm

Darren told me that they had overnighted my package on Thursday, but because I lived in (Far Northern Rural State), I shouldn't expect it until Saturday. I told him, somewhat tongue-in-cheek, that if any piece of mail reaches me within a 3-day window of when it is projected to, I considered it a miracle. Sadly, my words came true. I did not receive the package either Friday OR today :(. So, did everyone get their scholly info by FedEx? Or was it just Priority Express USPS for some?

horriblegb

Postby horriblegb » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:26 am

Moose Thompson wrote:
horriblegb wrote:
baboon309 wrote:

I got nothing.

It doesn't sound bratty at all. I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't get the full ride offer, especially after they told you to expect it. :(

thank you! I was really excited too!

bjball500

Postby bjball500 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:20 pm

5523 Glad to hear that your friend was happy with the decision UF is also one of my top choices so that's good to know. Have you heard anything yet?

lawschool5523

Postby lawschool5523 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:35 pm

bjball500 wrote:5523 Glad to hear that your friend was happy with the decision UF is also one of my top choices so that's good to know. Have you heard anything yet?

i am in at stetson, but waiting in UF and a few others. i looked at stetson and really liked it, but they don't have a program in what i want to go into! so we will see!

baboon309

Postby baboon309 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:56 pm

horriblegb wrote:
baboon309 wrote:

I got nothing.

So I got a half scholly. Does that mean I can't go to Scholar's retreat?

horriblegb

Postby horriblegb » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:08 pm

baboon309 wrote:
horriblegb wrote:
baboon309 wrote:

I got nothing.

So I got a half scholly. Does that mean I can't go to Scholar's retreat?

Well I am not sure, I have not even picked up my packet yet from my parents house, so anyone know? i guess if there is no invite then no

swflgirl

Postby swflgirl » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:19 pm

I am really glad to see the enthusiasm on here for Stetson. I am only looking at Florida schools and since I am well above the median age (will be 38 by the time I start school) I think Stetson seems like a great option since I live on and love the west coast of Florida. So congratulations to you all. Please keep posting about how it is once you get there.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”