Stetson 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shawty18ga

Bronze

Re: Stetson 2010

Post by shawty18ga » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:34 pm

I'm pretty sure they're going to take our pictures for our profiles. That's probably the reason for the suit.

redvelvetccake

New

Post by redvelvetccake » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:54 am

GATORTIM wrote:
nolesr1 wrote:is any man out there going to wear a suit to orientation on the first day... seriously, its f'in hot outside and i dont want to wear a suit
The letter says "formal", so I will be wearing a suit. However I do think its a tad ridiculous they don't reconsidered this given the 95 degrees and humidity
I completely agree! I understand for the taking a picture part, but I am not going to enjoy walking around campus in the heat and heels.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:16 am

I feel ya' guys. No way in fucking hell I'd wear a suit in the Florida heat. Even my conservative job down there didn't make me wear one. If it's about the picture, just bring a sport jacket and tie along and keep them in your car until picture time. The most I'd do is business casual.

nolesr1

New

Post by nolesr1 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:42 am

i just dont want to get there wearing my suit and be overdressed or not wear it and be underdressed.... either way... its guna be hot... probably rain at some point in time .... and i'll be soaked no matter what....

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:29 pm

Orientation went well, but definitely a long day. Gunners have been identified.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

redvelvetccake

New

Post by redvelvetccake » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:47 pm

GATORTIM wrote:Orientation went well, but definitely a long day. Gunners have been identified.
I think identified is a little bit of an understatement. Some of them may as well have had neon arrows pointing at them.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:49 pm

redvelvetccake wrote:
GATORTIM wrote:Orientation went well, but definitely a long day. Gunners have been identified.
I think identified is a little bit of an understatement. Some of them may as well have had neon arrows pointing at them.

haha! I am interested in this-- how could you tell?? I was thinking about it the other day.. about how I will know which of my classmates are so. I'm such a nice, friendly person that all of my competitiveness is contained in a pretty pink package with a bow :)

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:22 pm

Barbie wrote:
redvelvetccake wrote:

haha! I am interested in this-- how could you tell?? I was thinking about it the other day.. about how I will know which of my classmates are so. I'm such a nice, friendly person that all of my competitiveness is contained in a pretty pink package with a bow :)
I think there's a couple ways to ID: I saw a couple roll in with briefcases and then look very ridiculous when we received carry-alls (they kinda looked like they were standing in a terminal at La Guardia with all that luggage) and then we had an exercise that was to promote discussion and introduce us to the socratiac method, this is when all hell broke loose. There were a couple of kids that became so frustrated with an opposing viewpoint that veins flared and their faces glowed as red as bozos nose. They acted as if they were arguing a case before the SCOTUS or something....get a grip

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:37 pm

hahahaha. next reality show!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Margaret Cavendish

New

Post by Margaret Cavendish » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:07 pm

GATORTIM, I think I was in your orientation session on Monday. Are you talking about when we split up into small groups? because in the large classroom I didn't feel like anyone got that gunnerish

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:44 pm

Margaret Cavendish wrote:GATORTIM, I think I was in your orientation session on Monday. Are you talking about when we split up into small groups? because in the large classroom I didn't feel like anyone got that gunnerish
I'm in the Tues/Fri group (edited a post from Monday). It was in the smaller groups

redvelvetccake

New

Post by redvelvetccake » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:20 pm

Barbie wrote:
redvelvetccake wrote:

I heard a few complain about how one of the cases we had to read for orientation wasn't a real case. And agreed with Gatortim about the small groups. When we got back into the larger room two of the people sitting near me were discussing how angry they got when someone opposed them.

HenryDavid

New

Post by HenryDavid » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:07 am

Hey everyone...hope Orientation is going well for you. I hated wearing the suit last year, but had to get used to it, as Oral Arguments in R/W also required it. If anyone has questions about their professors, or just wants to exchange contact info, PM me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

redvelvetccake

New

Post by redvelvetccake » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:52 pm

good luck tomorrow everyone!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”