Colorado 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JTX

Bronze

Re: Colorado 2010

Post by JTX » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:04 pm

traehekat wrote:
the lantern wrote:Is there a particular reason why everyone is so incredibly anxious? Certainly it is in all of our personal best interest to hear as soon as possible, but I'm struggling to see what difference it will make. Most (if not all) seat deposits are not due until mid April, so if the scholarship information takes a couple of weeks longer than they originally stated, I'm not really getting why it is so important. I can understand that people just want to know so they can make the decision to be done with the whole process, but unless you're planning on moving/looking for an apartment immediately, there is little need to be impatient. Personally, I am going to CU's first admitted students day (the one in March), and I plan on looking for an apartment while I am there. If we still haven't heard by then, perhaps I will be upset then (not that I am thinking I will get any money anyways). Is the hooplah over scholarship money just people being anxious or what?
The short answer... lawyers (and prospective lawyers) are neurotic.
+1

hjjs22

New

Post by hjjs22 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:06 pm

aimhigh09 wrote:
hjjs22 wrote:quick question: How long did it take to receive your confirmation email/status check from CU? It's been a few weeks and I'm starting to get a little nervous. Sorry if this question has been asked already. Thanks!
Colorado has no status checker, so don't stress out looking for one. :)

I applied at the end of October and received my confirmation email three weeks later, give or take a few days.

Thats just what I needed to hear, appreciate it.

Tuski

New

Post by Tuski » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:26 pm

Padimud wrote:So just had some correspondence from the financial aid/scholarship office at CU.

Now someone define, "on the verge of sending out merit based scholarship info". Does that mean out next week? Or is that just my interpretation?
I have no idea how to interpret that. I originally interpreted "late January" to mean, well, the end of January, but that was obviously the wrong interpretation. :lol: So I don't even know how to begin to decipher, "on the verge of." I hope you're interpretation is right, but I'm not going to count on it. :? I'm just going to personally choose to take it to mean "sometime between next week and July" :P

savagecheater

Bronze

Post by savagecheater » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:46 am

Last edited by savagecheater on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

icarter

Bronze

Post by icarter » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:57 am

savagecheater wrote:in yesterday, snail mail.
Congrats!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Chiglaw

New

Post by Chiglaw » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:34 pm

savagecheater wrote:in yesterday, snail mail.
Mind sharing your stats?

Neil

Bronze

Post by Neil » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:15 pm

Neil wrote:
Chiglaw wrote:FINALLY went complete/in review. Really really hoping for some good news. How long did it take most people to get a decision after that point?
I got that e-mail 12/18 and haven't heard anything from CU since, FWIW.
Numbers in profile. Quoted myself for timeline...

IN TODAY VIA SNAIL MAIL!!!!!!!! I have never been out west, but Boulder is a city I've been fantasizing about for years. A decent scholarship at Boulder would definitely put it high on my list. According to my letter, dated February 12, those offers "will go out starting in late January." :lol: Nobody here has gotten anything yet, correct? I really hope I get that by April, because it will be a huge factor in my decision... for now I'll start growing my mountain beard, just in case...

taytay

New

Post by taytay » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:25 pm

I finally got the complete email today. now i just have to wait patiently

icarter

Bronze

Post by icarter » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:26 pm

Neil wrote:
Neil wrote:
Chiglaw wrote:FINALLY went complete/in review. Really really hoping for some good news. How long did it take most people to get a decision after that point?

IN TODAY VIA SNAIL MAIL!!!!!!!! I have never been out west, but Boulder is a city I've been fantasizing about for years. A decent scholarship at Boulder would definitely put it high on my list. According to my letter, dated February 12, those offers "will go out starting in late January." :lol: Nobody here has gotten anything yet, correct? I really hope I get that by April, because it will be a huge factor in my decision... for now I'll start growing my mountain beard, just in case...
Congrats! When you visit, message me or post on the board and the CU Law students will give you a good tour.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cogito2010

New

Post by cogito2010 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:53 pm

taytay wrote:I finally got the complete email today. now i just have to wait patiently

Me too. Good luck!

Neil

Bronze

Post by Neil » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:58 pm

icarter wrote:
Neil wrote:
Neil wrote:

Congrats! When you visit, message me or post on the board and the CU Law students will give you a good tour.
Thanks for the offer! Definitely will do.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:51 pm

accepted today :D complete 01/07

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:04 pm

Veritas wrote:accepted today :D complete 01/07
Woot! Congrats, Ver. <3

Doubt it can sway you from ND, but still...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:06 pm

emrose wrote:
Woot! Congrats, Ver. <3

Doubt it can sway you from ND, but still...
never say never em <3

j.wellington

Bronze

Post by j.wellington » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:14 pm

If you're making your law school decision on quality of life at all, food for thought: http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_14404187? ... z0fi78L3tV

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:18 pm

Congrats Veritas, any information on money?

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:19 pm

traehekat wrote:Congrats Veritas, any information on money?
It said they begin sending it out in late Jan :| but, according to LSN they lied.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:26 pm

Veritas wrote:
It said they begin sending it out in late Jan :| but, according to LSN they lied.
:D Veritas BAGS another one!!! Congrat's my friend!!!!!!!

smalltown

New

Post by smalltown » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:35 pm

In case there are those of you who have been accepted and don't get the scholarship money you were hoping for, please don't let that discourage you. While CU doesn't have the type of scholarship availability that some other schools do, it is still worth considering. The quality of students here really surprises me on a regular basis - both in character and intellect. I just see the comments about how a good scholarship would put it at the top of your lists and worry that a relatively small scholarship will automatically eliminate it from your lists. We all are aware of the possibility of huge debt loads, but try to consider everything.

Jerome

Bronze

Post by Jerome » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:48 pm

Snail mail or e-mail?

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:24 am

Veritas wrote:
Congrats man, looks like we're applying to the same schools.
smalltown wrote:In case there are those of you who have been accepted and don't get the scholarship money you were hoping for, please don't let that discourage you. While CU doesn't have the type of scholarship availability that some other schools do, it is still worth considering. The quality of students here really surprises me on a regular basis - both in character and intellect. I just see the comments about how a good scholarship would put it at the top of your lists and worry that a relatively small scholarship will automatically eliminate it from your lists. We all are aware of the possibility of huge debt loads, but try to consider everything.
The fact I am local, and do want to eventually settle down in Colorado, puts CU in for the long haul.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:32 pm

Anyone have any idea how difficult it is to gain instate tuition after your first year at CU? This is what I read on the law school's website...

Nonresident students may establish Colorado residency by maintaining a legal residence in Colorado for 12 consecutive months. Once they have established Colorado residency, they qualify for the lower resident tuition rates, except for LLM students. State statute governs residency classification. The admission staff and the CU Tuition Classification Office classify new students as residents or nonresidents for tuition purposes based on admission application information and other documents. Applicants may have to submit evidence substantiating their claim of resident eligibility. The Admissions Application is for U.S. citizens, permanent residents, refugees or asylees, and certain noncitizens with temporary visas who wish to be considered for in-state (Colorado) tuition and who will be Colorado residents for one year as of the first day of class. Exceptions to the one-year requirement are granted for active-duty military, Colorado National Guard members, Olympic athletes, faculty members at state-supported colleges, and employees of companies moving to Colorado with State economic incentives. Married applicants under the age of 22 and applicants who are not Colorado residents but who are married to active-duty military personnel who are Colorado residents or who will be stationed in Colorado should seek further information as indicated above. Find details on residency regulations and exceptions at CU-Boulder Office of the Registrar.

Jerome

Bronze

Post by Jerome » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:40 pm

traehekat wrote:Anyone have any idea how difficult it is to gain instate tuition after your first year at CU? This is what I read on the law school's website...

Nonresident students may establish Colorado residency by maintaining a legal residence in Colorado for 12 consecutive months. Once they have established Colorado residency, they qualify for the lower resident tuition rates, except for LLM students. State statute governs residency classification. The admission staff and the CU Tuition Classification Office classify new students as residents or nonresidents for tuition purposes based on admission application information and other documents. Applicants may have to submit evidence substantiating their claim of resident eligibility. The Admissions Application is for U.S. citizens, permanent residents, refugees or asylees, and certain noncitizens with temporary visas who wish to be considered for in-state (Colorado) tuition and who will be Colorado residents for one year as of the first day of class. Exceptions to the one-year requirement are granted for active-duty military, Colorado National Guard members, Olympic athletes, faculty members at state-supported colleges, and employees of companies moving to Colorado with State economic incentives. Married applicants under the age of 22 and applicants who are not Colorado residents but who are married to active-duty military personnel who are Colorado residents or who will be stationed in Colorado should seek further information as indicated above. Find details on residency regulations and exceptions at CU-Boulder Office of the Registrar.
I have heard that it is difficult from some CU undergrads. I do not believe that they will count any time that you are a student as going towards those 12 months.

j.wellington

Bronze

Post by j.wellington » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Jerome wrote:
traehekat wrote:Anyone have any idea how difficult it is to gain instate tuition after your first year at CU? This is what I read on the law school's website...

I have heard that it is difficult from some CU undergrads. I do not believe that they will count any time that you are a student as going towards those 12 months.
This is because CU undergrads are not allowed to change their out-of-state status after admissions except under very special circumstances. For graduate and law students, it's easy enough. You just have to make sure to get a license and put your name on a property lease, as posted above. And the time you're in school does count.

icarter

Bronze

Post by icarter » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:54 pm

j.wellington wrote:
Jerome wrote:

This is because CU undergrads are not allowed to change their out-of-state status after admissions except under very special circumstances. For graduate and law students, it's easy enough. You just have to make sure to get a license and put your name on a property lease, as posted above. And the time you're in school does count.
Exactly! It is very easy and almost all (except those who ignore procedure) gain residency.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”