Colorado 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Zojirushi

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby Zojirushi » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:11 pm

I have heard multiple people on here state such. They even had a link to LSAC, but it was dead. Apparently there are three schools who use this in their index calculation.

KmissP

Postby KmissP » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:26 pm

Say what?
That'd be nice!

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:33 pm

Yes, that would be enjoyable.

Zojirushi

Postby Zojirushi » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:35 pm

tstack22

Postby tstack22 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:06 pm

Zojirushi wrote:I have heard multiple people on here state such. They even had a link to LSAC, but it was dead. Apparently there are three schools who use this in their index calculation.

I found something about this on lawschoolpredictor.com, in an FAQ. It says it took the major GPA option away on one of the updates, even though CU and vermont still use major GPA in their index.

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/?page_id=9

Zojirushi

Postby Zojirushi » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:13 pm

LSP takes me from 52% to 64% if I utilize my degree GPA.

bttuffy

Postby bttuffy » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:28 pm

I applied early decision and received my notification today that I was not accepted...

bummer,,,

hopefully I will get in during the regular admission... but if I didn't get in early admin, what are the chances?

167/3.6 Colorado Resident

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:36 pm

bttuffy wrote:I applied early decision and received my notification today that I was not accepted...

bummer,,,

hopefully I will get in during the regular admission... but if I didn't get in early admin, what are the chances?

:shock:

Threepeat

Postby Threepeat » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:39 pm

bttuffy wrote:I applied early decision and received my notification today that I was not accepted...

bummer,,,

Flame??? I refuse to believe this is real.

bttuffy

Postby bttuffy » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:44 pm

Threepeat wrote:

bummer,,,

Flame??? I refuse to believe this is real.

Yea... thats what I thought too buddy. I really am shocked.

Its for real.

Threepeat

Postby Threepeat » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:53 pm

Wow. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully RD works out because your numbers/CO residency should be more than enough for CU. Whelp, my 164/3.4/OOS seems like a hail mary now.

bttuffy

Postby bttuffy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:07 am

yea... we will see. Hopefully it will work out.

Good luck to you! You just never know with CU.

smalltown

Postby smalltown » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:19 am

We went through this last year with the surprising denials/acceptances based purely on numbers. CU is one school where numbers truly don't dominate. If they did, there is absolutely no way I'd be getting ready for finals here. There were a lot of people who had much better numbers than me who got rejected. Because a lot of people want to be in Colorado, they do have the ability to comb through very qualified applicants to find ones that go beyond the numbers. Everyone here has amazing stories and impressive backgrounds.

To the person with the 167 LSAT, I gotta believe you are going to get in, though. That's a big accomplishment, and I'm not saying that your application is purely numbers. I suspect it is more than that, in fact. I especially like to see people from our state get in, too. I forgot we even have ED now. That being said, if you could send any type of LOCI that shows something that is unique about you, and that will help the class be more diverse, that would certainly help. Good luck to all of you. I didn't get off the waitlist until late July, but it was worth the wait.

And the natural resource law faculty, students, and job opportunities here are very good because of the oil/gas/solar industries in the Rockies. But even if you're not interested in making that your career, there is still good resources here if you just want to be a regular old trial attorney. We get amazing faculty in every area because they want to live in Boulder and Colorado, just like we get overqualified students.

Any questions, feel free to shoot them my way, or any of the few others we have on this board.

ozarkhack

Postby ozarkhack » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:22 am

I should join up here. ... Love love love Colorado. Could definitely spend my life there. If personal reasons didn't compel me to focus more on California, CU'd be my first (realistic) choice, though maybe it's not that realistic at all: dang, btuffy ... that's terrible news.

Anybody else have issues hearing back from CU after applying?

I applied 10/19. I heard nothing until after I sent an e-mail both to request a hold pending my Dec. LSAT retake and ask whether they even had my material. Admissions office, which happily agreed to hold off on my review, said they had e-mailed me about a week after my app was sent. I never got that e-mail, but I haven't responded just yet, b/c I don't want to pester 'em too much until my score comes in.

In any case, good luck everybody. Hope you all get in.

KmissP

Postby KmissP » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:29 am

bummer,,,

How did they notify you and when did you go complete?

FryVBender

Postby FryVBender » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:00 am

I wonder if they are letting in RD applicants at this time? Wow, Bttuffy. Did you write any sort of Why Colorado essay? Maybe they want out of state students to add more money back to the state.

Threepeat

Postby Threepeat » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:11 am

ozarkhack wrote:I should join up here. ... Love love love Colorado. Could definitely spend my life there. If personal reasons didn't compel me to focus more on California, CU'd be my first (realistic) choice, though maybe it's not that realistic at all: dang, btuffy ... that's terrible news.

Anybody else have issues hearing back from CU after applying?

I applied 10/19. I heard nothing until after I sent an e-mail both to request a hold pending my Dec. LSAT retake and ask whether they even had my material. Admissions office, which happily agreed to hold off on my review, said they had e-mailed me about a week after my app was sent. I never got that e-mail, but I haven't responded just yet, b/c I don't want to pester 'em too much until my score comes in.

In any case, good luck everybody. Hope you all get in.

ozarkhack: I called them a week or so ago to check the status of my app. and to see if they received all of my docs I sent. They said the same thing stating they sent an email about 2 days prior to me calling saying my app. was complete, but I never received the email (not in my spam folder or anything). Kind of strange the same thing happened to you...

Zojirushi

Postby Zojirushi » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:16 am

That is crazy. CU is my top choice, and my numbers are nowhere near that. I guess I will just hope for a waitlist and then bombard them with LOCIs and bolstering documents. Good luck all.

fulkersonr1

Postby fulkersonr1 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:46 am

bummer,,,

Wow! I knew CU has in the past not accepted people with some high numbers but can't believe you were not accepted. Im sure your chances are still good. What are some of your other top choices? Best of luck rest of the cycle.

LifeinKodachrome

Postby LifeinKodachrome » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:53 am

I'm here as well.

If you haven't received confirmation that you're complete, give them a call. They're Coloradans, who as a whole are some of the more easy going folk I've met.

The lady I talked to gave me all sorts of information when I asked, though she did neglect to mention whether I'd been accepted...

rekopter

Postby rekopter » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:37 am

Current 2L here to answer questions.

Threepeat

Postby Threepeat » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:32 am

Anyone know how easy it is to claim in-state residency after the first year? I see on the website that it is possible, but I don't know what all the stipulations are.

Also, just want to say good luck to any applicants waiting. I'm glad we're bringing this thread back to life after it seemed to be dead for a couple weeks.

KmissP

Postby KmissP » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:23 am

There was a huge envelope in my mailbox with both my name AND Colorado Law's name on it this morning. I got in ED. I'm kind of surprised because my numbers aren't the most stellar, but I do have a very interesting story. Since I was only applying to two schools and was applying ED to CU, my personal statement was written specifically for them. I'm a Boulder resident, LSAT 166, LSDAS GPA 3.37, Degree GPA 3.69.

I am sooooooooo happy! And relieved, also. And super excited.

Emma.

Postby Emma. » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:24 am

KmissP wrote:There was a huge envelope in my mailbox with both my name AND Colorado Law's name on it this morning. I got in ED. I'm kind of surprised because my numbers aren't the most stellar, but I do have a very interesting story. Since I was only applying to two schools and was applying ED to CU, my personal statement was written specifically for them. I'm a Boulder resident, LSAT 166, LSDAS GPA 3.37, Degree GPA 3.69.

Woot, congrats!

Cold morning today in Boulder, huh?

tamlyric

Postby tamlyric » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:26 am

KmissP wrote:There was a huge envelope in my mailbox with both my name AND Colorado Law's name on it this morning. I got in ED. I'm kind of surprised because my numbers aren't the most stellar, but I do have a very interesting story. Since I was only applying to two schools and was applying ED to CU, my personal statement was written specifically for them. I'm a Boulder resident, LSAT 166, LSDAS GPA 3.37, Degree GPA 3.69.

Sounds like a whole lotta WIN to me. Congrats! :D

PS: Say hi to the Flatirons for me. Went to undergrad in Boulder... and miss it terribly. :(

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”