Colorado 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
KmissP
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:16 am

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby KmissP » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:46 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
tamlyric wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:In! Just got the acceptance package in the mail. Super excited because I love Boulder and the mountains!


That's great. Congrats rock! :D

If you don't mind my asking, when did you apply?


I applied Oct. 13, complete shortly thereafter. RD.

And thanks!


WOOT! for you!

leftieash
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby leftieash » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:55 pm

KmissP wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:
tamlyric wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:In! Just got the acceptance package in the mail. Super excited because I love Boulder and the mountains!


That's great. Congrats rock! :D

If you don't mind my asking, when did you apply?


I applied Oct. 13, complete shortly thereafter. RD.

And thanks!


WOOT! for you!


I second this woot.

User avatar
Zojirushi
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby Zojirushi » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:45 am

w00t x3. :mrgreen:

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby rockthelaw » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:45 am

These forums seem a little quieter now that school's out for the holidays...

Thanks again for all the wOOts. I just read through the last few pages of the thread and was really excited to hear that a bunch of folks are very non-traditional applicants. I'll be 4 years out of undergrad when I start law school next year, so I'm not too non-traditional, but I'm also not straight out of undergrad and have a few good years of WE.

Anyone planning on attending an accepted students' weekend? I'm not sure if I can swing it yet, but I will take any excuse to get out to Boulder for a few days :D

User avatar
KmissP
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:16 am

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby KmissP » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:13 pm

I'll be going to one of those.

luckyducky7800
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:01 pm

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby luckyducky7800 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:13 pm

I received my acceptance package from Boulder today!

leftieash
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby leftieash » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:13 pm

luckyducky7800 wrote:I received my acceptance package from Boulder today!


Yay!!!

Once we reach a critical mass, I say we all go out for drinks somewhere. Like an admitted students day...but more fun ;)

User avatar
KmissP
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:16 am

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby KmissP » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:11 am

I concur.

EnviroLaw23
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby EnviroLaw23 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:18 pm

My life is such a joke. I received an admissions package from Colorado today but the letter was addressed to another person!!!!!!!!!! Did this happen to anyone else? Did someone get a letter addressed to a girl in San Francisco?? I'm just hoping that they didn't actually mean to reject me...

User avatar
gatorlion
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby gatorlion » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:24 pm

EnviroLaw23 wrote:My life is such a joke. I received an admissions package from Colorado today but the letter was addressed to another person!!!!!!!!!! Did this happen to anyone else? Did someone get a letter addressed to a girl in San Francisco?? I'm just hoping that they didn't actually mean to reject me...


Sounds like an awful admissions office misshap. I would call them asap, but if the package was mailed to your address you should be in the clear.

EnviroLaw23
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby EnviroLaw23 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:45 pm

Did admitted men receive the Women in Law day brochure as well? I'm trying to figure out if the packet was intended for me lol.

gatorlion wrote:
EnviroLaw23 wrote:My life is such a joke. I received an admissions package from Colorado today but the letter was addressed to another person!!!!!!!!!! Did this happen to anyone else? Did someone get a letter addressed to a girl in San Francisco?? I'm just hoping that they didn't actually mean to reject me...


Sounds like an awful admissions office misshap. I would call them asap, but if the package was mailed to your address you should be in the clear.

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby tamlyric » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:47 pm

EnviroLaw23 wrote:My life is such a joke. I received an admissions package from Colorado today but the letter was addressed to another person!!!!!!!!!! Did this happen to anyone else? Did someone get a letter addressed to a girl in San Francisco?? I'm just hoping that they didn't actually mean to reject me...


Ouch. But I am guessing that they mixed up two admits, so (tentative) congrats!

By the way, where was the letter that you received addressed to?

User avatar
LSAT! Nooooooooo!
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby LSAT! Nooooooooo! » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:52 pm

EnviroLaw23 wrote:My life is such a joke. I received an admissions package from Colorado today but the letter was addressed to another person!!!!!!!!!! Did this happen to anyone else? Did someone get a letter addressed to a girl in San Francisco?? I'm just hoping that they didn't actually mean to reject me...


Mail is running today? I thought they were off on Christmas eve.

EnviroLaw23
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby EnviroLaw23 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:54 pm

Received yesterday, opened today. Didn't quite make it home after work last night... :) Yay for 4 day weekends!

The letter was addressed to a guy in Missouri, I'm a girl in San Francisco.

User avatar
LSAT! Nooooooooo!
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby LSAT! Nooooooooo! » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:56 pm

EnviroLaw23 wrote:Received yesterday, opened today. Didn't quite make it home after work last night... :) Yay for 4 day weekends!

The letter was addressed to a guy in Missouri, I'm a girl in San Francisco.


Happy hour sounds happy.

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby tamlyric » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:02 pm

EnviroLaw23 wrote:Received yesterday, opened today. Didn't quite make it home after work last night... :) Yay for 4 day weekends!

The letter was addressed to a guy in Missouri, I'm a girl in San Francisco.


Ha. Congrats guy in Missouri! :mrgreen:

leftieash
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby leftieash » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:25 pm

EnviroLaw23 wrote:Received yesterday, opened today. Didn't quite make it home after work last night... :) Yay for 4 day weekends!

The letter was addressed to a guy in Missouri, I'm a girl in San Francisco.


I'm guessing it was some sort of mail merge snafu. I think law schools may rely a bit too heavily on it -- like the email I got from Northeastern that began with "Dear first name,"...

It probably means that you were in the address file for admission letters so I wouldn't worry. So, congrats!!

EnviroLaw23
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby EnviroLaw23 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:31 am

Talked to the assistant dean of admission today! I'm in!!

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby tamlyric » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:32 am

EnviroLaw23 wrote:Talked to the assistant dean of admission today! I'm in!!


Congrats!! :mrgreen:

Was this on a random phone call? Did they say anything about scholarships?

EnviroLaw23
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby EnviroLaw23 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:35 am

tamlyric wrote:
EnviroLaw23 wrote:Talked to the assistant dean of admission today! I'm in!!


Congrats!! :mrgreen:

Was this on a random phone call? Did they say anything about scholarships?


Called about the admissions letter mix up; I'd received the wrong letter... no mention of scholarship

User avatar
KmissP
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:16 am

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby KmissP » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:48 pm

Woohoo!

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby tamlyric » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:50 am

EnviroLaw23 wrote:
tamlyric wrote:
EnviroLaw23 wrote:Talked to the assistant dean of admission today! I'm in!!


Congrats!! :mrgreen:

Was this on a random phone call? Did they say anything about scholarships?


Called about the admissions letter mix up; I'd received the wrong letter... no mention of scholarship


*Sigh*

I should have realized this by either (a) remember your situation or (b) looking a couple of spots above in the thread. Oy vey.

Sorry for being so aloof. :oops:

User avatar
icarter
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:44 am

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby icarter » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:04 am

leftieash wrote:
luckyducky7800 wrote:I received my acceptance package from Boulder today!


Yay!!!

Once we reach a critical mass, I say we all go out for drinks somewhere. Like an admitted students day...but more fun ;)


I'd love to help you all celebrate! Congrats again to all those accepted thus far!

User avatar
Zojirushi
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby Zojirushi » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:58 am

Here's to hoping for some acceptances this week. LSN shows they had a relatively steady trickle throughout last January.

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby tamlyric » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:58 am

Zojirushi wrote:Here's to hoping for some acceptances this week. LSN shows they had a relatively steady trickle throughout last January.


Hear, hear!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, amberb94, Keilz, spursforever, studyingeveryday and 21 guests