Colorado 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Bikeflip

Re: Colorado 2010

Postby Bikeflip » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:21 pm

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi
CU?

Purdue's Online Magic 8Ball: Yes

Magic 8Balls do not lie. So I'm just waiting for my acceptance :twisted:

Threepeat

Postby Threepeat » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:25 pm

Bikeflip wrote:http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi
CU?

Purdue's Online Magic 8Ball: Yes

Magic 8Balls do not lie. So I'm just waiting for my acceptance :twisted:

Boiler Up!!

Sorry, I had to corrupt the CU 2010 thread with a little Purdue love.

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:45 am

Just found out I got in via snail mail (regular decision, non-resident)! I called my roommate and had him open my mail.

icarter

Postby icarter » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:56 am

gatorlion wrote:Just found out I got in via snail mail (regular decision, non-resident)! I called my roommate and had him open my mail.

Congrats!!

Zojirushi

Postby Zojirushi » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:55 am

Congrats! I kind of enjoy the excitement of not having a status checker.

KmissP

Postby KmissP » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:10 am

gatorlion wrote:Just found out I got in via snail mail (regular decision, non-resident)! I called my roommate and had him open my mail.

I offer you a hearty and congratulatory hoot.

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:12 am

Thanks everyone! It's nice to see such a supportive community already taking shape around Colorado Law.

KmissP

Postby KmissP » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:16 am

I think, and am hoping, that it will be a fun three years! Or... three-point-five if you count right now! WOOT!

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:14 am

icarter wrote:
fallguy wrote:It looks like RD decisions are coming out. I got in today via snail mail, non-resident.

'Congrats!!

If anyone has any questions, I'm a 1L more than happy to answer any questions!

Hi! I have a question for you. I am a non-trad: I've been out of school for (cough) nearly 20 years, have a husband and 2 little kids... I'm wondering how I would fit in, at CU? (My husband is an alum of CU, UG and we would very much like to move back to the area.) Any info/advice you could give would be appreciated! Thanks.

Zojirushi

Postby Zojirushi » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:51 am

nygrrrl wrote:
icarter wrote:
fallguy wrote:It looks like RD decisions are coming out. I got in today via snail mail, non-resident.

'Congrats!!

Hi! I have a question for you. I am a non-trad: I've been out of school for (cough) nearly 20 years, have a husband and 2 little kids... I'm wondering how I would fit in, at CU? (My husband is an alum of CU, UG and we would very much like to move back to the area.) Any info/advice you could give would be appreciated! Thanks.

Entering Class Profile (Class of 2012)
Entering Class Size: 166
Median LSAT Score: 163
25/75 Percentile LSAT Score: 160/165
Median GPA: 3.68
25/75 Percentile GPA: 3.42/3.78
Women: 52%
Minority Students: 29%
Median Age (Range 20-48): 24
Undergraduate Schools Represented: 94

They also have a Non-trad law student association.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:01 pm

Zojirushi wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
icarter wrote:

'Congrats!!

Entering Class Profile (Class of 2012)
Entering Class Size: 166
Median LSAT Score: 163
25/75 Percentile LSAT Score: 160/165
Median GPA: 3.68
25/75 Percentile GPA: 3.42/3.78
Women: 52%
Minority Students: 29%
Median Age (Range 20-48): 24
Undergraduate Schools Represented: 94

They also have a Non-trad law student association.

Thanks - I'd actually seen that on the site, but the Non-Trad association is currently inactive so I was wondering about the reality of the situation (if they have one 48 year old student and everyone else is below 32, that makes a difference!) Thank you, though!

ExcitedBlutterance

Postby ExcitedBlutterance » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:02 pm

For those who have already received their decision, when did you submit your applications? Thanks.

Zojirushi

Postby Zojirushi » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:06 pm

nygrrrl wrote:Thanks - I'd actually seen that on the site, but the Non-Trad association is currently inactive so I was wondering about the reality of the situation (if they have one 48 year old student and everyone else is below 32, that makes a difference!) Thank you, though!

What do you mean how will you fit in? In all of the law classes I have sat in on, there were only 1, maybe 2, older students (30+). I think that would be par for the course even if 10% of the entering class were 30+. I don't think it would be a problem though.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:12 pm

Zojirushi wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:Thanks - I'd actually seen that on the site, but the Non-Trad association is currently inactive so I was wondering about the reality of the situation (if they have one 48 year old student and everyone else is below 32, that makes a difference!) Thank you, though!

What do you mean how will you fit in? In all of the law classes I have sat in on, there were only 1, maybe 2, older students (30+). I think that would be par for the course even if 10% of the entering class were 30+. I don't think it would be a problem though.

Several of the other schools I'm looking at cater more to "older" or Non-Trad students and all have very active NT associations.
If you are the only one in class who has kids/family, it can be isolating. I'm hoping to wind up in a school where there are other students who are going through a similar experience.

The Zeppelin

Postby The Zeppelin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:15 pm

nygrrrl wrote:Several of the other schools I'm looking at cater more to "older" or Non-Trad students and all have very active NT associations.
If you are the only one in class who has kids/family, it can be isolating. I'm hoping to wind up in a school where there are other students who are going through a similar experience.

Which schools cater to non-trads?

KmissP

Postby KmissP » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:18 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
Zojirushi wrote:

Several of the other schools I'm looking at cater more to "older" or Non-Trad students and all have very active NT associations.

I will be 35 in two weeks, and have two daughters, ages 10 and 11. How old are your kids?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:19 pm

The Zeppelin wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:Several of the other schools I'm looking at cater more to "older" or Non-Trad students and all have very active NT associations.

Which schools cater to non-trads?

Mostly schools with evening programs - Fordham, UConn - although some of the larger urban schools like BU also have very active NT groups. This makes sense, of course: those of us with families would prefer to go to school at night, while the kids are sleeping/doing homework! Admittedly, I'd prefer to do a night program... but I miss Boulder and we would love to move back.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:19 pm

KmissP wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
Zojirushi wrote:

I will be 35 in two weeks, and have two daughters, ages 10 and 11. How old are your kids?

Wow! That's great! (And congrats - you're in, right?!) I'm a few years older ( :shock: ) and my kids are 3 and 5.
edit: also 2 girls

fallguy

Postby fallguy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:22 pm

I've been admitted and am very seriously considering Colorado. I'm a bit older than average, and I'm married with a two year old girl.

Also, I applied Oct 1st.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:24 pm

fallguy wrote:I've been admitted and am very seriously considering Colorado. I'm a bit older than average, and I'm married with a two year old girl.

Also, I applied Oct 1st.

Congratulations! And thanks for posting - this is exactly what I was hoping to hear. :D

KmissP

Postby KmissP » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:29 pm

Yes, I will be attending.

Boulder is such a great place to raise kids. The three of us have been really happy in this community, and especially with the public schools here.

(I had my daughters when I was quite young- most people get college out of the way, then have kids. I had kids first, did college later. This is great if you want your kids to grow up with a strong involvement in education.)

someonesecret

Postby someonesecret » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:36 pm

anyone have any predictions for me? 164/3.6 applying regular decision.

I applied last year out of state and got waitlisted. I removed myself from the waitlist because I decided to defer a year, and now i'm applying again (with somewhat updated app info) and I'll be in state this year.

let me know!

CONGRATS to everyone who has already gotten in. Boulder is amazing!

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:39 pm

KmissP wrote: I had kids first, did college later. This is great if you want your kids to grow up with a strong involvement in education.)

LOL - I am doing kids first, then grad school - also hoping for that strong, educational involvement thing :lol:

fallguy

Postby fallguy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:49 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
KmissP wrote: I had kids first, did college later. This is great if you want your kids to grow up with a strong involvement in education.)

LOL - I am doing kids first, then grad school - also hoping for that strong, educational involvement thing :lol:

I am in a very rigorous MA program right now. I can tell you that those of us with a child(ren) have way more stress and have to work quite a bit harder (same with grocery shopping :D ). But it's doable. Somehow it has all worked out for us.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:02 pm

fallguy wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

I am in a very rigorous MA program right now. I can tell you that those of us with a child(ren) have way more stress and have to work quite a bit harder (same with grocery shopping :D ). But it's doable. Somehow it has all worked out for us.

Thanks so much for posting this! I have a very involved spouse and while I know it'll be hard, I'm sure we'll muddle through. (like grocery shopping!)
Hooray for grad school with kids!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”