Colorado 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mazzini

Bronze

Re: Colorado 2010

Post by mazzini » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Waitlisted today. Considering my stats (168, 3.3) To say I'm surprised would be an understatement. Perhaps it's just late in the cycle but I have been admitted to schools in the T20 and several between 20-30, so yeah.... frustrating. The only reason I would consider attending is that my entire family is in Colorado. Oh well, time for a change I suppose. Good luck to those still waiting and to those admitted.

JTX

Bronze

Post by JTX » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:30 pm

mazzini wrote:Waitlisted today. Considering my stats (168, 3.3) To say I'm surprised would be an understatement. Perhaps it's just late in the cycle but I have been admitted to schools in the T20 and several between 20-30, so yeah.... frustrating. The only reason I would consider attending is that my entire family is in Colorado. Oh well, time for a change I suppose. Good luck to those still waiting and to those admitted.
ohholyhell

jbreiden

New

Post by jbreiden » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:27 pm

jtxcounitah wrote:
mazzini wrote:Waitlisted today. Considering my stats (168, 3.3) To say I'm surprised would be an understatement. Perhaps it's just late in the cycle but I have been admitted to schools in the T20 and several between 20-30, so yeah.... frustrating. The only reason I would consider attending is that my entire family is in Colorado. Oh well, time for a change I suppose. Good luck to those still waiting and to those admitted.
ohholyhell
My sentiments exactly...

Ugh. Well, there goes my hope. Guess I don't need to run to the mailbox every evening after work.

mazzini

Bronze

Post by mazzini » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:00 pm

Don't count yourself out! I have had a very weird cycle and I think it's because I have a number of uncommon characteristics that some schools embrace while others shy away from. Do not use me as a measuring stick here... I think it comes down to the fact that they just didn't like me. Im sure others will get in with comparable/lower stats.

Sias

Bronze

Post by Sias » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:28 pm

You were YP'd. No doubt about it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:37 pm

So I figured out kind of late in the game that Colorado might be a really good fit for me and applied practically at the deadline. However, I REALLY want to go there now. Do you think sending an LOCI pre-decision might be beneficial? I just want to make sure they know that I'm genuinely interested and it's my top choice.

rekopter

New

Post by rekopter » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:34 pm

akili wrote:So I figured out kind of late in the game that Colorado might be a really good fit for me and applied practically at the deadline. However, I REALLY want to go there now. Do you think sending an LOCI pre-decision might be beneficial? I just want to make sure they know that I'm genuinely interested and it's my top choice.
This was my exact situation and it worked for me--I got in.

freebird

New

Post by freebird » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:36 pm

sent my deposit in yesterday...what a GREAT feeling!

Shlonster

Bronze

Post by Shlonster » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:56 pm

Sias wrote:
You were YP'd. No doubt about it.
This isn't meant to sound like bragging, or to be rude to mazzini, but I am in w/better #'s than those.... it's not always YP - it may or may not be, in his case, but perhaps they're admissions office didn't like his PS, or they know their stats and realize admitting him at this point won't really do much to raise their numbers... not trying to prove it's not YP, just bugs me when people claim it with certainty.

At any rate, best of luck to you mazzini, it seems you have some great offers and I'm sure you'll end up somewhere great. FWIW, I visited CU and didn't really like it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:10 pm

rekopter wrote:
akili wrote:So I figured out kind of late in the game that Colorado might be a really good fit for me and applied practically at the deadline. However, I REALLY want to go there now. Do you think sending an LOCI pre-decision might be beneficial? I just want to make sure they know that I'm genuinely interested and it's my top choice.
This was my exact situation and it worked for me--I got in.
Awesome. Sending in my LOCI.

maximus32

New

Post by maximus32 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:10 am

Does anyone know how soon after the acceptance letter comes that we get scholarship/financial aid information? And how does it arrive?

aimhigh09

Bronze

Post by aimhigh09 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:48 am

maximus32 wrote:Does anyone know how soon after the acceptance letter comes that we get scholarship/financial aid information? And how does it arrive?
I was accepted back in January and just received my financial aid "planning letter" this weekend with loan eligibility info.

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:11 am

mazzini wrote:Don't count yourself out! I have had a very weird cycle and I think it's because I have a number of uncommon characteristics that some schools embrace while others shy away from. Do not use me as a measuring stick here... I think it comes down to the fact that they just didn't like me. Im sure others will get in with comparable/lower stats.
maybe your spoon was too big?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Tuski

New

Post by Tuski » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:10 pm

KmissP: How long after you submitted your deposit did you get the email you referenced below?
KmissP wrote:My ID came in an email along with the link for CUConnect.

Perhaps you have to confirm before they give you this information? I deposited early, so the email was a combined "thank you for your $200" and "here's your student ID and the website".

Here's the contact for the person who handles this:

Clarice J Jonez
Assistant Manager for Admissions & Financial Aid
University of Colorado Law School Office of Admissions
403 UCB Boulder, CO 80309
303-492-3083, desk
303-492-2542, FAX
Jonez@colorado.edu

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:36 pm

I emailed them an LOCI and heard back the next day. My file is in review and I should hear this week. I applied pretty much at the deadline too. Just sharing some info :)

JTX

Bronze

Post by JTX » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:38 pm

x
Last edited by JTX on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:09 pm

jtxcounitah wrote:
akili wrote:I emailed them an LOCI and heard back the next day. My file is in review and I should hear this week. I applied pretty much at the deadline too. Just sharing some info :)
so general consensus is that CU is open to LOCI? i've been worried it would be look upon disfavorably.
I was worried too, but I applied so close to the deadline that I figured it could only help. I wanted to make sure they knew that I really do want to attend!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rekopter

New

Post by rekopter » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:25 pm

jtxcounitah wrote:so general consensus is that CU is open to LOCI? i've been worried it would be look upon disfavorably.
What gives you this view? It's crazy, IMO.

Your letter might hurt you if it's rude, poorly constructed, or has grammar/spelling mistakes. But explaining your continued interest will only help you. Especially waitlisters--schools are much more likely to admit applicants they are certain or nearly certain will accept it offered.

JTX

Bronze

Post by JTX » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:56 pm

x
Last edited by JTX on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChattTNdt

Bronze

Post by ChattTNdt » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:37 pm

jtxcounitah wrote:
rekopter wrote:
jtxcounitah wrote:so general consensus is that CU is open to LOCI? i've been worried it would be look upon disfavorably.
What gives you this view? It's crazy, IMO.

Your letter might hurt you if it's rude, poorly constructed, or has grammar/spelling mistakes. But explaining your continued interest will only help you. Especially waitlisters--schools are much more likely to admit applicants they are certain or nearly certain will accept it offered.
mostly because law student wanna-be's are (in general) a bunch of completely neurotic people. i could see how AdComms wouldn't want to get a LOCI from every over-achieving, panicky applicant. please see any thread on this site for an example.
In short, if they didnt ask for it, its not a sure thing they give a shit or are open to your LOCI.

In short, the best way to decide is to call CU admissions and ask if they accept additions to your file (such as LOCIs)

rekopter

New

Post by rekopter » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:46 pm

ChattTNdt wrote:In short, the best way to decide is to call CU admissions and ask if they accept additions to your file (such as LOCIs)
This isn't an open question--they do. It worked for me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

icarter

Bronze

Post by icarter » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:03 pm

rekopter wrote:
ChattTNdt wrote:In short, the best way to decide is to call CU admissions and ask if they accept additions to your file (such as LOCIs)
Agreed.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:42 pm

rekopter wrote:
Me too.

vendetta2

New

Post by vendetta2 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:45 pm

I got my acceptance today with a 160, 3.75 so there is hope!

i am a non-URM, non-legacy, etc.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:45 pm

vendetta2 wrote:I got my acceptance today with a 160, 3.75 so there is hope!

i am a non-URM, non-legacy, etc.
Can I express how much hope this gives me? I have almost the exact same stats!! When did you submit/go complete?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”