In at Harvard!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sayan

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby sayan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:54 pm

You can read up on englawyer's (and others) previous posts to get a good idea of what transpired at the March ASW. Hopefully that offers some consolation.

Not too sure about the special envelope. In fact, I don't recall getting one except for deposit or withdrawal.

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:14 pm

nixxers wrote:
owhlcn wrote:
sayan wrote:
lz06 wrote:What day does everyone get in? I'm getting there Friday around noon.

Friday around 1pm.

ditto.

I get to Boston around 2:30 so probs won't actually get to Harvard until 3:30 or so?

for anyone who gets in friday and wants a mini-tls meet-up, i'd be down to wander around campus/grab a beer that night. turns out i need to leave boston by mid-sunday so i'm going to try to poke around on my own a bit friday...

nixxers

Postby nixxers » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:23 pm

owhlcn wrote:
for anyone who gets in friday and wants a mini-tls meet-up, i'd be down to wander around campus/grab a beer that night. turns out i need to leave boston by mid-sunday so i'm going to try to poke around on my own a bit friday...

yeah, I'd love to! phone # pm'd

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:57 am

I might have to come down on friday to participate :D

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:39 am

GeePee wrote:I might have to come down on friday to participate :D

dooo ittt, you know you want to :D

questions

Postby questions » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:02 pm

questions wrote:1. Anyone know if there are still spots open for the April ASW? Or do these things even fill up?
2. Also, can anyone post (or PM me) a basic schedule for the ASW? I need to get a flight!

Please?

adameus

Postby adameus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:22 pm

questions wrote:
questions wrote:1. Anyone know if there are still spots open for the April ASW? Or do these things even fill up?
2. Also, can anyone post (or PM me) a basic schedule for the ASW? I need to get a flight!

Please?

stop asking so many questions! Try signing up for the April ASW, none of us know if it is full, but almost forsure it is not.
If its a similar schedule to the previous ASW it will start at about 4:00 on saturday afternoon and end on Monday at about 2:30.

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:28 pm

are you guys using sidebar to find roommates? i'd like to live in an off-campus apartment, and i'm not sure where to look for people with the same ideas in mind for housing.

Zara

Postby Zara » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:35 pm

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:are you guys using sidebar to find roommates? i'd like to live in an off-campus apartment, and i'm not sure where to look for people with the same ideas in mind for housing.

you can use HRES roommate click to find harvard students looking for roommates. You can post an ad there and let people contact you or you can search the profiles. It has a questionaire you have to fill out about your preferences. I don't know if you have to have your application approved by HRES to live in any of those places though. You can get the app approved though pretty easily by just sending them a copy of your acceptance letter. Here is the site for the roommate search: --LinkRemoved--

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:30 pm

Zara wrote:
APimpNamedSlickback wrote:are you guys using sidebar to find roommates? i'd like to live in an off-campus apartment, and i'm not sure where to look for people with the same ideas in mind for housing.

you can use HRES roommate click to find harvard students looking for roommates. You can post an ad there and let people contact you or you can search the profiles. It has a questionaire you have to fill out about your preferences. I don't know if you have to have your application approved by HRES to live in any of those places though. You can get the app approved though pretty easily by just sending them a copy of your acceptance letter. Here is the site for the roommate search: --LinkRemoved--

Oh, this was some incredibly helpful information. Thanks.

Zara

Re: In at Not YLS!

Postby Zara » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:28 pm

is anyone else having a really hard time getting the college certification done? my universities are retarded and just keep forwarding my email around because they don't know who to put it off on apparently. it's so annoying.

knola002

Postby knola002 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:18 pm

Anyone else read the case for the ASW?

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:21 pm

knola002 wrote:Anyone else read the case for the ASW?

the one about pipes from the wrong company, with professor warren? if so, i highly highly recommend going through it again quickly. this is, of course, assuming that you'd rather not be absolutely savaged by her socratic gatling gun in front of your future classmates.
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

skynet

Postby skynet » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:21 pm

Careful, knola; people will accuse you of being a gunner if you show any interest in the broader implications of the case. :wink:

lz06

Postby lz06 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:34 pm

Last edited by lz06 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knola002

Postby knola002 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:10 pm

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:

the one about pipes from the wrong company, with professor warren? if so, i highly highly recommend going through it again quickly. this is, of course, assuming that you'd rather not be absolutely savaged by her socratic gatling gun in front of your future classmates.
No, it was Terry v. Ohio for the Sunday mock class. Definitely going over it again though, just in case I get the gatling gun :P

The Dan

Postby The Dan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:45 pm

lz06 wrote:uhh they actually cold call during the mock class? so I have the opportunity to sound like an idiot before I even start law school? great lol

Professor Warren did at the last ASW, but you had the option of turning down your name card so she wouldn't call on you. It was cold calling for those who wanted to participate.

sayan

Postby sayan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:37 pm

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:

I have that case for the April ASW.

Hopefully Warren will be teaching it again, because I'm prepared for the gatling gun. :lol:

nixxers

Postby nixxers » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:04 pm

hmm question, do they not give us dinner on Saturday? weird

edit: or am I a dumbass, and "reception w/ current students"=dinner. :oops:

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:16 pm

Where are you staying/did you guys stay for the ASW? Any recommendations for accommodations?

sayan

Postby sayan » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:23 pm

GeePee wrote:Where are you staying/did you guys stay for the ASW? Any recommendations for accommodations?

Student accommodation near HLS. Go on Priceline ASAP and try to bid for a cheap hotel room along the Red Line starting at about $60 per night. You may be able to score a 3-star hotel for that price (even if list price is $140/night or whatever). I think adameus had some success with that approach (among others). There was a post a while ago (in this thread I think) about using the bidding method to secure cheap and comfortable accommodations.

You may have to be some distance away from HLS, but the Red Line subway is pretty quick and leads right into Harvard Square, a 6-7 minute walk from HLS.

expat

Postby expat » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:13 pm

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places, but I'm a little confused by the relationship between the tuition deposit deadline (5/1) and the housing lottery signup period (4/5-4/26 for incoming 1Ls). Am I correct in assuming that this means one can participate in the housing lottery without having committed to attending?

alleyoop86

Postby alleyoop86 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:18 pm

Last edited by alleyoop86 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:09 am

Can we start a self-tar movement leading up to the ASW Saturday?

FWIW I'll probably be the easiest person to spot. I'm almost 6'7", thin, and have longish curly hair. I'm pretty personable so definitely don't be afraid to say hi.

lz06

Postby lz06 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:11 am

GeePee wrote:Can we start a self-tar movement leading up to the ASW Saturday?

FWIW I'll probably be the easiest person to spot. I'm almost 6'7", thin, and have longish curly hair. I'm pretty personable so definitely don't be afraid to say hi.

I don't want to self tar but someone should start a fb event or group and then we can all join :D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”