In at Harvard!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Lysis

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby Lysis » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:39 pm

ylc wrote:
Lysis wrote:
ylc wrote:
s419 wrote:Where did you go to login?

http://mymail.law.harvard.edu/

login: jdoe.jd13
password: L_______

This combination (jdoe.jd13 + LSAC #) also gets you into the Admitted Students' website!!! Bless you, ylc!

Accessed via status checker link.

Yep :) I'm confused about the "binder," though? None of the available things (that I see so far) seems to be the binder, right?

True, and the Mailings list on the status check now says "Binder Sent". I could've sworn JR was saying the binder would be available online...I guess all will become clearer when we receive the actual mailing (which could also be email or snail mail, right?).

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:39 pm

ylc wrote:

Awesome!! it does work... Thanks ylc

s419

Postby s419 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:42 pm

ylc wrote:

Thank you!!

T14

Postby T14 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:56 pm

s419 wrote:
ylc wrote:

Thank you!!

Wow thanks!

nixxers

Postby nixxers » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:32 pm

::Swoons:: I never, never, never in my wildest dreams ever thought I would be looking at a Harvard admitted student's website...

nixxers

Postby nixxers » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:59 pm

Um... guys. They took away the link....

ylc

Postby ylc » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:01 pm

nixxers wrote:Um... guys. They took away the link....

haha, really?

Well, now they know who goes on TLS/who is an ultra-eager 0L.

ylc

Postby ylc » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:02 pm

ylc wrote:

haha, really?

I even already tested the e-mail account :oops:

Edit: I haven't checked the status check, but I can still access everything from the main prospective students page.

T14

Postby T14 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:04 pm

ylc wrote:
ylc wrote:

haha, really?

I even already tested the e-mail account :oops:

Edit: I haven't checked the status check, but I can still access everything from the main prospective students page.

:lol: me too

sayan

Postby sayan » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:25 pm

owhlcn wrote:is anyone who's in at HLS withdrawing some other apps? i'm wondering whether it's worth it to wait and see about financial aid/scholarships...do people think that HLS won't be coaxed into upping their aid offers? i don't want my apps to clog up other schools for no reason, but if there's a chance i could get more aid at my top choices i'm not sure i want to withdraw. thoughts?

not worth it imo. the harvard name is better for your career earnings than any 60-70k you may forego in extra aid from lesser schools.

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:27 pm

sayan wrote:
owhlcn wrote:is anyone who's in at HLS withdrawing some other apps? i'm wondering whether it's worth it to wait and see about financial aid/scholarships...do people think that HLS won't be coaxed into upping their aid offers? i don't want my apps to clog up other schools for no reason, but if there's a chance i could get more aid at my top choices i'm not sure i want to withdraw. thoughts?

not worth it imo. the harvard name is better for your career earnings than any 60-70k you may forego in extra aid from lesser schools.

yeah definitely, didn't mean i'd go to the lesser schools, just that i'd try to use their aid packages to lever harvard haha. but doesn't seem like that's going to happen so i may withdraw from a few.

sayan

Postby sayan » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:35 pm

owhlcn wrote:
sayan wrote:

yeah definitely, didn't mean i'd go to the lesser schools, just that i'd try to use their aid packages to lever harvard haha. but doesn't seem like that's going to happen so i may withdraw from a few.

haha... i would love to hear how that conversation would go.

"thank you for accepting me to your preeminent law school but this other school gave me $80k so could I get some money from you guys, too?"

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:43 pm

sayan wrote:
owhlcn wrote:
sayan wrote:

haha... i would love to hear how that conversation would go.

"thank you for accepting me to your preeminent law school but this other school gave me $80k so could I get some money from you guys, too?"

oy they would probably retract my admission. i'm not even gonna go there.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:46 pm

which link?

email address doesnt seem to be working for me atm

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:19 pm

out of curiosity: who in this thread knows they'll be at harvard, and who's still on the market for other schools?

Reverethong

Postby Reverethong » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:22 pm

owhlcn wrote:out of curiosity: who in this thread knows they'll be at harvard, and who's still on the market for other schools?

99.9% sure I'll be at Harvard :)

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:24 pm

Reverethong wrote:
owhlcn wrote:out of curiosity: who in this thread knows they'll be at harvard, and who's still on the market for other schools?

:D what's the .1% unsure?

Reverethong

Postby Reverethong » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:26 pm

owhlcn wrote:
Reverethong wrote:

not that I think that it would change my mind (99.9% sure in fact :p), but I want to wait and see what happens with a few other schools and $.

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:27 pm

Reverethong wrote:
owhlcn wrote:
Reverethong wrote:

not that I think that it would change my mind (99.9% sure in fact :p), but I want to wait and see what happens with a few other schools and $.

gotcha i'm in the same position myself.

nixxers

Postby nixxers » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:29 pm

Reverethong wrote:
owhlcn wrote:
Reverethong wrote:

+1

Lysis

Postby Lysis » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:31 pm

Reverethong wrote:
owhlcn wrote:
Reverethong wrote:

I'm pretty sure Harvard's my first choice, but on the off chance I am accepted to Stanford or Yale (or maybe offered serious money at CCNB), I will definitely feel the need to visit each before deciding.
Last edited by Lysis on Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:31 pm

Still in the market for other schools, although won't be disappointed if I get no further acceptances. :D

I feel about the same as Lylis above. I'd want to check out comparable options carefully before committing myself.

picaresco

Postby picaresco » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:41 pm

While I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to HLS, if Yale said yes I would have to visit both (still pretty sure HLS would come out ahead). Stanford has already been knocked out, I think.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:45 pm

I was under the impression that applicants generally don't get accepted at 2 or more of HYS, though. Have other people heard the same thoughts?

Lysis

Postby Lysis » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:48 pm

managamy wrote:I was under the impression that applicants generally don't get accepted at 2 or more of HYS, though. Have other people heard the same thoughts?

My casual perusal of LSN left me with the impression that Harvard was the most predictable (based on numbers), whereas Yale required the same numbers + something extra. So many Yale admits got into Harvard as well if they applied. I'm not sure about Stanford.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”