In at Harvard!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
englawyer

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby englawyer » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:59 pm

it looks like every street gets a monthly cleaning, so probably not:

--LinkRemoved--

hermione0901

Postby hermione0901 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:21 am

managamy wrote:
zamd006 wrote:
Isa wrote:My voicemail deleted my JR2 message without warning! :evil:

That sucks, mine is safe and sound. I transferred it to my computer, so Josh Rubensteins beautiful voice will remain forever in my possession. My grandchildren will hear it someday and celebrate the glory of their grandfather.

Wow, I wish that I had gotten a voicemail. I would have played it about 50 times by now. :D

I definitely have.

driveshaft

Postby driveshaft » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:06 am

I have a question about LIPP. Am I wrong or does Harvard require you to be in eligible employment for 10 years before they'll pay off your whole debt? IIRC, CLS and NYU will have you debt-free in 3 or 5 years or something. I know HLS had a reputation for not having the best LRAP, but this seems like the others are MUCH better.

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:10 am

driveshaft wrote:I have a question about LIPP. Am I wrong or does Harvard require you to be in eligible employment for 10 years before they'll pay off your whole debt? IIRC, CLS and NYU will have you debt-free in 3 or 5 years or something. I know HLS had a reputation for not having the best LRAP, but this seems like the others are MUCH better.

I think thats commitment towards public service that will make you eligible for LRAP. There is no way CLS/NYU will pay off your entire debt in 3-5 years if you did public service hahaha.

But yeah, Harvard's is actually quite nice, they require no long-term commitment so as long as your in (almost any job) with lower income then your eligible for there LIPP program while you are in it. So say you do public service for 3~4 years, then they'll have you under LIPP while your doing that, and if you switch to private sector you don't have to pay any of it back.

hermione0901

Postby hermione0901 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:52 am

Let's get some interesting discussion going on this thread. I have officially sworn off all the waiting threads, because they are just bad for my mental state, but I am too addicted to TLS to leave entirely. Please, let's find something to talk about here, so I don't relapse!

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:57 am

hermione0901 wrote:Let's get some interesting discussion going on this thread. I have officially sworn off all the waiting threads, because they are just bad for my mental state, but I am too addicted to TLS to leave entirely. Please, let's find something to talk about here, so I don't relapse!

As a fellow addict, I find the waiting threads far more exciting than the "in at..." threads. It's like the difference between watching a TV series and watching the news: suspenseful drama (mixed with comedy) or dreary facts, which do you prefer?

zamd006

Postby zamd006 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:15 am

We could start listing off reasons the New England cold is not bad, I posted this on the Harvard waiting thread earlier:

-Fashionable winter clothes (overcoats, sweaters.)
-Hot chocolate while its snowing
-Skiing
-Snowball fights
-Fireplaces
-Scarfs
-Boston Bruins
-Dunkin Donuts coffee
-White Christmas
-Sledding
-Ice skating
-More time inside (more time to study?)
-More alcohol (to keep warm)
-Eating yellow snow
-White washing somebody (northeners know what I'm saying)

Anything I'm missing?

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:27 am

zamd006 wrote:We could start listing off reasons the New England cold is not bad, I posted this on the Harvard waiting thread earlier:

-Skiing
-Snowball fights
-Fireplaces
-Scarfs
-Boston Bruins
-Dunkin Donuts coffee
-White Christmas
-Sledding
-Ice skating
-Eating yellow snow

Anything I'm missing?

if you do that outdoors in the cold for god knows what reason, it'd probably have a much more deleterious effect
Last edited by DoubleChecks on Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

hermione0901

Postby hermione0901 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:18 am

managamy wrote:
hermione0901 wrote:Let's get some interesting discussion going on this thread. I have officially sworn off all the waiting threads, because they are just bad for my mental state, but I am too addicted to TLS to leave entirely. Please, let's find something to talk about here, so I don't relapse!

As a fellow addict, I find the waiting threads far more exciting than the "in at..." threads. It's like the difference between watching a TV series and watching the news: suspenseful drama (mixed with comedy) or dreary facts, which do you prefer?

I mean, I prefer the drama/comedy, but only when my life is in no way connected, which it is as I am just as anxious as the people on the waiting threads. Much the difference between watching an episode of House and being a patient in an episode of House. I need some boring facts for a while....

hermione0901

Postby hermione0901 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:19 am

zamd006 wrote:We could start listing off reasons the New England cold is not bad, I posted this on the Harvard waiting thread earlier:

-Skiing
-Snowball fights
-Fireplaces
-Scarfs
-Boston Bruins
-Dunkin Donuts coffee
-White Christmas
-Sledding
-Ice skating
-Eating yellow snow

Anything I'm missing?

mulled wine, to keep warm! Heated alcohol!

Also, +100000 to everything with snow. I <3 snow.

booby87

Postby booby87 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:11 am

Last edited by booby87 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:13 am

[quote="hermione0901]

I mean, I prefer the drama/comedy, but only when my life is in no way connected, which it is as I am just as anxious as the people on the waiting threads. Much the difference between watching an episode of House and being a patient in an episode of House. I need some boring facts for a while....[/quote]

To repeat what many people have been telling me, the fact that you are posting in this thread suggests that you have as much reason to be anxious as the Indianapolis Colts. But it's hard to follow that advice, isn't it? I know.

hermione0901

Postby hermione0901 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:17 pm

managamy wrote:[

+100. Exactly what people keep telling me, and exactly my sentiments on the advice.

hermione0901

Postby hermione0901 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:17 pm

booby87 wrote:
hermione0901 wrote:

-Skiing
-Snowball fights
-Fireplaces
-Scarfs
-Boston Bruins
-Dunkin Donuts coffee
-White Christmas
-Sledding
-Ice skating
-Eating yellow snow

Anything I'm missing?

mulled wine, to keep warm! Heated alcohol!

Also, +100000 to everything with snow. I <3 snow.

except for eating yellow snow. -100000 to that

Agreed.

shenanigans

Postby shenanigans » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:01 pm

Sooo happy to be joining this thread :D still can't believe it!!!!!!

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:02 pm

shenanigans wrote:Sooo happy to be joining this thread :D still can't believe it!!!!!!

congrats! it is quite the feeling :D

snackattack

Postby snackattack » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:08 pm

shenanigans wrote:Sooo happy to be joining this thread :D still can't believe it!!!!!!

Me too!!! (That's to the sooo happy part, not the not being able to believe you got in--I can't believe *I* got in!)

dutchstriker

Postby dutchstriker » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:49 pm

Woohooo!!! [strike]What a great thread to be part of. Err... What a great thread of which to be part?[/strike]
How nice to be here!

NeuroticallyYours

Postby NeuroticallyYours » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:16 pm

I'm joining this thread! I can't believe it - so happy!

GypsyGrL

Postby GypsyGrL » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:27 pm

Holy !@#%^&^* I got in!!! Got JR 2 today.

I am truly shocked. You know how they say that every year people get in who think they don't have a chance? That's me. LSP gave me a "weak consider" at HLS, and I'm in 4 business days after JR1. I still can't believe it.

Yes, someone please get a FB group going - I am SO pumped to meet everyone!! Anybody know how many students usually live in dormitories vs. apartments their 1L year/what the roomie finding situation is?

GypsyGrL

Postby GypsyGrL » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:29 pm

P.S. Did anyone calls JR back to thank him or would that just be annoying?

GypsyGrL

Postby GypsyGrL » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:30 pm

Should have said in my former post that I heard this new in a voicemail so did not get to thank him on the phone.

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:32 pm

GypsyGrL wrote:Should have said in my former post that I heard this new in a voicemail so did not get to thank him on the phone.

GypsyGrL wrote:P.S. Did anyone calls JR back to thank him or would that just be annoying?

International student or just jittery hands from excitement?? hahaha :mrgreen:

As for calling him back, I don't think that's necessary. He's pretty busy usually when calls go out trying to contact other people. Congrats on the JR2 tho!

booby87

Postby booby87 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:40 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

soullesswonder

Postby soullesswonder » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Anyone interested in downloading the complete set of Vault Legal Market guides for free? I found a way to them through the OCS website and got over 2000 pages of firm profiles.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”