In at Harvard!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
vyboxvybox

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby vyboxvybox » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:37 pm

I've definitely been in a daze all day, but I distinctly remember him saying "I'm calling to let you know that we are offering you a spot in our class of 2013" or something to that effect.

I know what you mean with the second guessing though. I'll feel a lot better when I have something in writing so I can scream "NO TAKESIES BACKSIES!!!!"

On another note, does anybody know where to get the best Harvard/Harvard Law merchandise? I thought I'd make my mom's holiday and send her a Harvard emblem of some sort.

See you guys in Cambridge!!

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:41 pm

vyboxvybox wrote:I've definitely been in a daze all day, but I distinctly remember him saying "I'm calling to let you know that we are offering you a spot in our class of 2013" or something to that effect.

I know what you mean with the second guessing though. I'll feel a lot better when I have something in writing so I can scream "NO TAKESIES BACKSIES!!!!"

On another note, does anybody know where to get the best Harvard/Harvard Law merchandise? I thought I'd make my mom's holiday and send her a Harvard emblem of some sort.

See you guys in Cambridge!!

That's a lovely idea for your mom! My parents are going to be so excited as well. Nobody in our family has ever gone to Harvard.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:54 pm

I can't help but laugh at the second-rate law schools (50s and worse) who keep sending me advertising emails. I know that it's mean, but...

:twisted: :mrgreen: 8)

generals10

Postby generals10 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:22 pm

4:18 EST for me, I feel I should be more excited but it's a bit surreal. Did he mention to anyone when ASW was?

nixxers

Postby nixxers » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:53 pm

managamy wrote:I can't help but laugh at the second-rate law schools (50s and worse) who keep sending me advertising emails. I know that it's mean, but...

:twisted: :mrgreen: 8)

LOL

nixxers

Postby nixxers » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:57 pm

I just feel so.... I mean I have DECENT numbers (for Harvard), but nothing amazing, and DECENT softs but I certainly didn't cure cancer and no WE etc... I applied thinking I had a shot in the dark but I never imagined I'd get in and certainly not this soon. This is such a dream come true and I don't even know where to go from here! I want to withdraw my apps from everywhere else except a few places because only big $$$ at CCN or miracle acceptances at YS could sway me at this point, you know? I was going to send in a scholly app to somewhere else today and was like NAHHHH. because I'm certainly not going there now. Is anyone else feeling this? I feel completely overwhelmed and shocked. Also my relatives keep calling me and more than one of them have cried. I feel happy for myself obviously but in a weird way I feel like I've brought "honor" to the family and that feels goooood.

Anyone make a fb group? :mrgreen:

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:00 pm

nixxers wrote:I just feel so.... I mean I have DECENT numbers (for Harvard), but nothing amazing, and DECENT softs but I certainly didn't cure cancer and no WE etc... I applied thinking I had a shot in the dark but I never imagined I'd get in and certainly not this soon. This is such a dream come true and I don't even know where to go from here! I want to withdraw my apps from everywhere else except a few places because only big $$$ at CCN or miracle acceptances at YS could sway me at this point, you know? I was going to send in a scholly app to somewhere else today and was like NAHHHH. because I'm certainly not going there now. Is anyone else feeling this? I feel completely overwhelmed and shocked. Also my relatives keep calling me and more than one of them have cried. I feel happy for myself obviously but in a weird way I feel like I've brought "honor" to the family and that feels goooood.

Anyone make a fb group? :mrgreen:

I know exactly what you mean about the family part. I can't wait to announce it to my parents; they're going to be so ecstatic.

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:10 pm

managamy wrote:
nixxers wrote: I feel happy for myself obviously but in a weird way I feel like I've brought "honor" to the family and that feels goooood.

I know exactly what you mean about the family part. I can't wait to announce it to my parents; they're going to be so ecstatic.

--ImageRemoved--

(Cue Music & Choreography) "You'll Bring Honor to us All"

exeunt

Postby exeunt » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:12 pm

we definitely need to get a fb group started!

a.shoshana

Postby a.shoshana » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:13 pm

Just got the JR2 today!! Never thought I had a chance!!

I'm super conflicted cause... I've wanted to go to Columbia basically my whole life... plus I'm POSITIVE i want to live and practice in NYC, and my family, friends, and boyfriend all live there.

Clearly I don't know if I got into CLS yet, but if I do... I'd have no idea what to do!!

(Maybe I should wait to hear from them in January and worry about it then!!)

nixxers

Postby nixxers » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:13 pm

SolarWind wrote:
managamy wrote:
nixxers wrote: I feel happy for myself obviously but in a weird way I feel like I've brought "honor" to the family and that feels goooood.

--ImageRemoved--

(Cue Music & Choreography) "You'll Bring Honor to us All"

i'm sayin :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

exeunt

Postby exeunt » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:20 pm

btw nixxers, i'd say your numbers are far better than just "decent"! :mrgreen:

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:42 pm

exeunt wrote:btw nixxers, i'd say your numbers are far better than just "decent"! :mrgreen:

haha yeah far from a shot in the dark :P

there's no fb group yet? how would we even get that to start going?

and any idea about how many were admitted today on TLS? ~60?

HowardRoark

Postby HowardRoark » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:44 pm

Its kinda funny. I got the call today too. He must have used the same binder eco-friendly joke with everybody. I guess the binder is a really big deal.
Congrats to everyone who got in. Good luck to everyone waiting!

s419

Postby s419 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:53 pm

Congrats to all! I'm super excited to join you, but I also have a request. I can tell from this thread so far people have been trying to recreate what JR said during the acceptance call, but I actually had to cut him off after the acceptance (stupid, I know, but I was actually teaching at the time and only answered because he had been hit or miss with leaving a voicemail). Was anything important said other than the binder/website/email discussion?

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:57 pm

s419 wrote:Congrats to all! I'm super excited to join you, but I also have a request. I can tell from this thread so far people have been trying to recreate what JR said during the acceptance call, but I actually had to cut him off after the acceptance (stupid, I know, but I was actually teaching at the time and only answered because he had been hit or miss with leaving a voicemail). Was anything important said other than the binder/website/email discussion?

not a thing, just that the email will go out on tuesday dec 1. no important info besides that.

edited for the email date because i'm an idiot.
Last edited by owhlcn on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:57 pm

also I AM THRILLED and could not be happier to join this thread :D

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:58 pm

s419 wrote:Congrats to all! I'm super excited to join you, but I also have a request. I can tell from this thread so far people have been trying to recreate what JR said during the acceptance call, but I actually had to cut him off after the acceptance (stupid, I know, but I was actually teaching at the time and only answered because he had been hit or miss with leaving a voicemail). Was anything important said other than the binder/website/email discussion?

i got a voicemail and he just said, "DoubleChecks, this is Josh Rubenstein calling from Harvard...we would like to offer you a seat in our graduating class of 2013..." - and then he just mentioned the mail that would be coming next week, how it has my admitted student's ID to access the website, where i could find the whole binder (highly recommended that i check it out he said), and my HLS email, which he will be using for correspondence from this point forth. so nope, that seems to be everything lol.

exeunt

Postby exeunt » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:18 pm

the email is going out on dec. 31 ?? i thought it was coming sooner than that?

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:20 pm

exeunt wrote:the email is going out on dec. 31 ?? i thought it was coming sooner than that?

HAHA i'm a huge idiot, i meant dec 1. the 3 just snuck in there.

ylc

Postby ylc » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:22 pm

owhlcn wrote:
exeunt wrote:the email is going out on dec. 31 ?? i thought it was coming sooner than that?

wait, we are going to get the passwords to the site etc. next week via e-mail? Somehow I had assumed that mail next week meant paper mail.

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:23 pm

ylc wrote:
owhlcn wrote:

wait, we are going to get the passwords to the site etc. next week via e-mail? Somehow I had assumed that mail next week meant paper mail.

pretty sure he said it was an email...not 100% positive but almost.

MSachmorov

Postby MSachmorov » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:25 pm

Congratulations for all of you that were admitted! But would any of you mind sharing your GPA and LSAT score as well as any soft factors that may have helped you get in? I am just curious as to the actual ranges people have and got in with. Again, congratulations to you all!

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:27 pm

MSachmorov wrote:Congratulations for all of you that were admitted! But would any of you mind sharing your GPA and LSAT score as well as any soft factors that may have helped you get in? I am just curious as to the actual ranges people have and got in with. Again, congratulations to you all!

Check the Harvard 2010! thread and Harvard Phone Interview Statistics threads... numbers and ranges are all in there.

Also LawSchoolNumbers.com lists about 30+ people who got in today.

TheLuckyOne

Postby TheLuckyOne » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:37 pm

Just posting so I have it in my posts...

BTW, those of you receiving JR1 and/or JR2, I would greatly appreciate if you updated the following thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=93290&p=2148242#p2148242

Thanks

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”