In at Harvard!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sfdreaming09
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby sfdreaming09 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:27 pm

SolarWind wrote:
sfdreaming09 wrote:Does SLS subsidize the cost of the ASW-related travel expenses or something?


Most schools subsidize it somewhat.. Harvard gives you $50-150 depending on distance and provides housing.


Really? I had no idea about this. Do they give you your own room in one of the dorms or something? Thanks for the info btw

User avatar
Isa
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:03 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby Isa » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:54 pm

Just watched Legally Blonde :mrgreen:
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

owhlcn
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby owhlcn » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:05 pm

Isa wrote:Just watched Legally Blonde :mrgreen:
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!


JUST WATCHED LB THIS AFTERNOON. required viewing for this thread, i'm thinking.

User avatar
Isa
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:03 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby Isa » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:19 pm

owhlcn wrote:
Isa wrote:Just watched Legally Blonde :mrgreen:
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!


JUST WATCHED LB THIS AFTERNOON. required viewing for this thread, i'm thinking.


I'm beginning to think we're the same person :shock:

hermione0901
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:49 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby hermione0901 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:28 pm

Just accessed the admitted students site AND setup my Harvard email on my desktop client. Feeling pretty awesome about life right now!

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:41 pm

hermione0901 wrote:Just accessed the admitted students site AND setup my Harvard email on my desktop client. Feeling pretty awesome about life right now!


What log-in and password did you use? I wasn't sure.

User avatar
bluedolphins
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:31 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby bluedolphins » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:43 pm

managamy wrote:
hermione0901 wrote:Just accessed the admitted students site AND setup my Harvard email on my desktop client. Feeling pretty awesome about life right now!


What log-in and password did you use? I wasn't sure.



I thought it is the same as the email log-in.

hermione0901
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:49 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby hermione0901 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:19 am

bluedolphins wrote:
managamy wrote:
hermione0901 wrote:Just accessed the admitted students site AND setup my Harvard email on my desktop client. Feeling pretty awesome about life right now!


What log-in and password did you use? I wasn't sure.



I thought it is the same as the email log-in.


Yeah, it is. jdoe@jd13.law.harvard.edu for the username and your LSAC account # for the password. Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!

User avatar
zabagabe
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:48 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby zabagabe » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:57 am

sfdreaming09 wrote:
SolarWind wrote:
sfdreaming09 wrote:Does SLS subsidize the cost of the ASW-related travel expenses or something?


Most schools subsidize it somewhat.. Harvard gives you $50-150 depending on distance and provides housing.


Really? I had no idea about this. Do they give you your own room in one of the dorms or something? Thanks for the info btw


Last year, Stanford covers up to $400 of transportation expenses, but not housing. HLS was $50-200.

Canadian
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:02 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby Canadian » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:39 am

For the people who have already heard back, how long ago did you submit your applications?

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:41 am

Canadian wrote:For the people who have already heard back, how long ago did you submit your applications?


It was one month minus one day between submission and decision. Submitted 10/24, complete 11/5, under review 11/9, interview email 11/13, interview 11/18, decision 11/23.

Canadian
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:02 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby Canadian » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:55 am

managamy wrote:
Canadian wrote:For the people who have already heard back, how long ago did you submit your applications?


It was one month minus one day between submission and decision. Submitted 10/24, complete 11/5, under review 11/9, interview email 11/13, interview 11/18, decision 11/23.


Thanks for your reply.

Reverethong
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby Reverethong » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:53 pm

Happy Thanksgiving all!

I know all of us lucky enough to partake in this thread have much to be thankful for :)

rejectmaster
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby rejectmaster » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:04 pm

I'm not an HLS applicant, but I want to congratulate all of you. You have all worked hard and are finally receiving some tangible results. You will command more respect in the legal markets than anyone else (except perhaps discharged JAGs).

If being a Chemistry major wasn't such a GPA slay-fest, perhaps I'd be with you. Maybe I'll see you in fall 2011 as a transfer. You should all be proud of our diligence and keep your heads up through the inevitable (for most) YLS rejection. Harvard is cooler, anyway.

User avatar
T14
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby T14 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:06 pm

rejectmaster wrote:I'm not an HLS applicant, but I want to congratulate all of you. You have all worked hard and are finally receiving some tangible results. You will command more respect in the legal markets than anyone else (except perhaps discharged JAGs).

If being a Chemistry major wasn't such a GPA slay-fest, perhaps I'd be with you. Maybe I'll see you in fall 2011 as a transfer. You should all be proud of our diligence and keep your heads up through the inevitable (for most) YLS rejection. Harvard is cooler, anyway.



The end of this literally made :lol:

I can't tell if this is supposed to be a joke, YLS trolling, anti-H trolling, or just mean

rejectmaster
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby rejectmaster » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:12 pm

T14 wrote:
rejectmaster wrote:I'm not an HLS applicant, but I want to congratulate all of you. You have all worked hard and are finally receiving some tangible results. You will command more respect in the legal markets than anyone else (except perhaps discharged JAGs).

If being a Chemistry major wasn't such a GPA slay-fest, perhaps I'd be with you. Maybe I'll see you in fall 2011 as a transfer. You should all be proud of our diligence and keep your heads up through the inevitable (for most) YLS rejection. Harvard is cooler, anyway.



The end of this literally made :lol:

I can't tell if this is supposed to be a joke, YLS trolling, anti-H trolling, or just mean



I'm not trolling anyone, Harvard is objectively cooler and Yale admissions are fewer and more arbitrary.

Either way, don't let yourself get "trolled". YLS vs. HLS trolling is almost as lame as being an English major at MIT.

annabell
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby annabell » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:03 pm

Does anyone know when the Admitted Students Weekend is or when we will receive information about it?

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:46 pm

rejectmaster wrote:I'm not an HLS applicant, but I want to congratulate all of you. You have all worked hard and are finally receiving some tangible results. You will command more respect in the legal markets than anyone else (except perhaps discharged JAGs).

If being a Chemistry major wasn't such a GPA slay-fest, perhaps I'd be with you. Maybe I'll see you in fall 2011 as a transfer. You should all be proud of our diligence and keep your heads up through the inevitable (for most) YLS rejection. Harvard is cooler, anyway.


+1. Harvard is much more glamorous.

User avatar
Isa
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:03 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby Isa » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:01 pm

annabell wrote:Does anyone know when the Admitted Students Weekend is or when we will receive information about it?


Before they took down all of the info on the admitted students site, I think I saw that there was one from March 6-7 and another in mid-April.

User avatar
T14
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby T14 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:20 pm

Isa wrote:
annabell wrote:Does anyone know when the Admitted Students Weekend is or when we will receive information about it?


Before they took down all of the info on the admitted students site, I think I saw that there was one from March 6-7 and another in mid-April.


I'm almost positive it was the April 10-11 weekend. I saw that one in March, too.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:29 pm

T14 wrote:
Isa wrote:
annabell wrote:Does anyone know when the Admitted Students Weekend is or when we will receive information about it?


Before they took down all of the info on the admitted students site, I think I saw that there was one from March 6-7 and another in mid-April.


I'm almost positive it was the April 10-11 weekend. I saw that one in March, too.


Probably won't go to an ASW anyway. I skipped the undergraduate version and made my own pre-matriculation trip on a different weekend. It was a good decision since I got a better feeling for how the campus actually operated in a normal situation, not when everyone is falling over themselves to gratify the admits.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby DoubleChecks » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:43 pm

managamy wrote:
T14 wrote:
Isa wrote:
annabell wrote:Does anyone know when the Admitted Students Weekend is or when we will receive information about it?


Before they took down all of the info on the admitted students site, I think I saw that there was one from March 6-7 and another in mid-April.


I'm almost positive it was the April 10-11 weekend. I saw that one in March, too.


Probably won't go to an ASW anyway. I skipped the undergraduate version and made my own pre-matriculation trip on a different weekend. It was a good decision since I got a better feeling for how the campus actually operated in a normal situation, not when everyone is falling over themselves to gratify the admits.


Wait, they all fall over themselves to grafity the admits?! Yes please! :P hahaha

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:52 pm

I don't know about HLS, but that's what they reportedly did at my undergraduate institution. :lol:

annabell
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby annabell » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:56 am

Thanks for the information..
Last edited by annabell on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
capitalacq
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:42 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby capitalacq » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:20 pm

I usually hate things like ASW, but if they pick up some of the tab.....




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, j431e782, ramp_999 and 17 guests