In at Harvard!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby DoubleChecks » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:02 pm

englawyer wrote:
GeePee wrote:
englawyer wrote:so where is the "deposit form"? i can't see it in the binder, only the college cert. and deferral forms.

It should be behind your acceptance letter in the front flap, along with some envelopes. It's on a regular piece of computer paper.


sent. i hope i don't regret this day in a year or so :D


maybe we should meet to make sure you wont :wink: haha

s419
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby s419 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:36 am

Is anyone who has decided on HLS in the NYC area? Maybe we could arrange a meet-up sometime in the coming weeks? Feel free to PM me. I'd love to meet more future classmates!

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby GeePee » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:33 pm

s419 wrote:Is anyone who has decided on HLS in the NYC area? Maybe we could arrange a meet-up sometime in the coming weeks? Feel free to PM me. I'd love to meet more future classmates!

I'm not currently within the NYC area but I will be within the next month!

owhlcn
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby owhlcn » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:36 pm

GeePee wrote:
s419 wrote:Is anyone who has decided on HLS in the NYC area? Maybe we could arrange a meet-up sometime in the coming weeks? Feel free to PM me. I'd love to meet more future classmates!

I'm not currently within the NYC area but I will be within the next month!


ditto, i'm in new haven and can pretty much always sneak into the city on a weekend. would love to set something up; welcome to PM and whatnot.

APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:39 pm

x
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Sat May 08, 2010 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby GeePee » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:53 pm

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:
owhlcn wrote:
GeePee wrote:
s419 wrote:Is anyone who has decided on HLS in the NYC area? Maybe we could arrange a meet-up sometime in the coming weeks? Feel free to PM me. I'd love to meet more future classmates!

I'm not currently within the NYC area but I will be within the next month!


ditto, i'm in new haven and can pretty much always sneak into the city on a weekend. would love to set something up; welcome to PM and whatnot.


i'd be interested in getting in on this as well. it would be pretty nice to have met more of you guys before moving to cambridge in august.

Well... we do have a Facebook group :D

APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:04 pm

do you? how should i go about digging you guys up?
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby GeePee » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:06 pm

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:do you? how should i go about digging you guys up on facebook then?

the group name is "TLS Meetups at HLS"

APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:07 pm

x
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Sat May 08, 2010 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
capitalacq
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:42 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby capitalacq » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:09 pm

owhlcn wrote:
GeePee wrote:
s419 wrote:Is anyone who has decided on HLS in the NYC area? Maybe we could arrange a meet-up sometime in the coming weeks? Feel free to PM me. I'd love to meet more future classmates!

I'm not currently within the NYC area but I will be within the next month!


ditto, i'm in new haven and can pretty much always sneak into the city on a weekend. would love to set something up; welcome to PM and whatnot.

+1

especially if its during june/july

owhlcn
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby owhlcn » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:13 pm

capitalacq wrote:
owhlcn wrote:
GeePee wrote:
s419 wrote:Is anyone who has decided on HLS in the NYC area? Maybe we could arrange a meet-up sometime in the coming weeks? Feel free to PM me. I'd love to meet more future classmates!

I'm not currently within the NYC area but I will be within the next month!


ditto, i'm in new haven and can pretty much always sneak into the city on a weekend. would love to set something up; welcome to PM and whatnot.

+1

especially if its during june/july


OH YEAH and speaking of the latter, it's looking like i'll be in nyc all this summer living with my sis, so if there are fellow HLS 13'ers who want to meet up, i promise i am not prohibitively weird and am actually kind of an ok person to spend time with.

s419
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby s419 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:01 pm

owhlcn wrote:
capitalacq wrote:
owhlcn wrote:
GeePee wrote:I'm not currently within the NYC area but I will be within the next month!


ditto, i'm in new haven and can pretty much always sneak into the city on a weekend. would love to set something up; welcome to PM and whatnot.

+1

especially if its during june/july


OH YEAH and speaking of the latter, it's looking like i'll be in nyc all this summer living with my sis, so if there are fellow HLS 13'ers who want to meet up, i promise i am not prohibitively weird and am actually kind of an ok person to spend time with.


I'm so glad there was a positive response to this! I posted it in the TLS Meetups at HLS facebook group as well so maybe we can plan there.

User avatar
Isa
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:03 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby Isa » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:08 am

Yes!! Will be in the City June-August. :mrgreen:

User avatar
nixxers
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby nixxers » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:31 pm

Okay, now it's official.

harvard wrote:Dear nixxers:

The Admissions Committee has considered your request for a deferral, and I am pleased to inform you that we have granted your request. Thank you for signing and returning the Deferred Enrollment Agreement and sending us your $500.00 tuition deposit. We have reserved a place for you in the class entering Harvard Law School in September 2011.


I know I've brought this up before and I hate beating dead horses BUT, where can I start the HLS 2014 thread? Is it too soon to make a facebook group? :) Who's joining me? I know I heard some talk about it earlier. And I met a dude on amtrak who's deferring too.

I had this terrible fear they wouldn't let me defer and ruin my plans, but now everything is in place. I'm all smiles now!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


...and ugh now I will really have a hard time doing work, lol.


EDIT: Also, I won't be in NYC this summer :( poop. BUT, if anyone is going to be in MINNESOTA in June or early July, I'd love to get together. :mrgreen: Or in China during the second half of summer.

Zara
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:37 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby Zara » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:45 pm

does anyone know if we have to send an official copy of our immunization reocords or if we just have to get a doctor to fill out and sign the Immunization form?

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby DoubleChecks » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:59 pm

Zara wrote:does anyone know if we have to send an official copy of our immunization reocords or if we just have to get a doctor to fill out and sign the Immunization form?


just the forms should be enough i believe

my ugrad update was missing one shot, so they emailed me to tell me...

...i got a handwritten (dated and signed) thing from my doc that included that most recent shot and emailed it to them...it was enough :)

from the couple of times i called them, they seemed pretty chill about the whole thing - id just give them a quick call to confirm, though i cant imagine why it wouldnt be okay

Zara
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:37 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby Zara » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:41 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
Zara wrote:does anyone know if we have to send an official copy of our immunization reocords or if we just have to get a doctor to fill out and sign the Immunization form?


just the forms should be enough i believe

my ugrad update was missing one shot, so they emailed me to tell me...

...i got a handwritten (dated and signed) thing from my doc that included that most recent shot and emailed it to them...it was enough :)

from the couple of times i called them, they seemed pretty chill about the whole thing - id just give them a quick call to confirm, though i cant imagine why it wouldnt be okay


did you have your UG fill it out and send it to them? I am not sure what is the best way to do this...I'm in Japan and won't be back in the states until August so I don't know how to get this documentation done. I didnt think about asking my undergraduate school. I guess they should have all that information since I had to give it to them too.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby DoubleChecks » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:46 pm

Zara wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:
Zara wrote:does anyone know if we have to send an official copy of our immunization reocords or if we just have to get a doctor to fill out and sign the Immunization form?


just the forms should be enough i believe

my ugrad update was missing one shot, so they emailed me to tell me...

...i got a handwritten (dated and signed) thing from my doc that included that most recent shot and emailed it to them...it was enough :)

from the couple of times i called them, they seemed pretty chill about the whole thing - id just give them a quick call to confirm, though i cant imagine why it wouldnt be okay


did you have your UG fill it out and send it to them? I am not sure what is the best way to do this...I'm in Japan and won't be back in the states until August so I don't know how to get this documentation done. I didnt think about asking my undergraduate school. I guess they should have all that information since I had to give it to them too.


yup your health services should have it. call them and see if you could get them to mail it for you, though i dont know how you'd confirm your identity via phone...maybe a signed and faxed form of consent? lol

User avatar
JohnnyTrojan08
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby JohnnyTrojan08 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Mrs. Jack Donaghy wrote:Congratulations to those admitted!
I'm definitely not going to read all of the previous pages so hopefully my question hasn't been asked and answered yet.

Are any of you planning on obtaining a JD/MBA at Harvard? If so, have you applied to HBS yet or will you apply during your first year at HLS?


JD/MBA hopeful here. It seemed like most of the people I talked to were planning on applying during the first year (that includes me). I've already taken the GMAT, though, and will be finishing my application during the summer.

I spoke with the admin for the law school joint degree program, and she intimated that being accepted at one school had a positive measurable impact on the application to the other.

Zara
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:37 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby Zara » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:19 am

i got bored at work and i found this. it's so dumb it's funny, especially the random cat at the end http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB-MzaUm ... re=related

owhlcn
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby owhlcn » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:34 am

just deposited. i'm excited :D

s419
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby s419 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:17 pm

Does anyone know when orientation and classes start in the fall? Some clicking around the Admitted Students website hasn't turned up anything.

Lysis
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby Lysis » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:29 pm

s419 wrote:Does anyone know when orientation and classes start in the fall? Some clicking around the Admitted Students website hasn't turned up anything.


The binder says orientation is usually the Thursday and Friday before Labor Day with classes starting the following Tuesday, but that this is "subject to change".

s419
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby s419 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:49 pm

Lysis wrote:
s419 wrote:Does anyone know when orientation and classes start in the fall? Some clicking around the Admitted Students website hasn't turned up anything.


The binder says orientation is usually the Thursday and Friday before Labor Day with classes starting the following Tuesday, but that this is "subject to change".



Thanks! So when are people planning on moving? It does seem that September 1st could be feasible albeit a little stressful.

owhlcn
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby owhlcn » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:52 pm

s419 wrote:
Thanks! So when are people planning on moving? It does seem that September 1st could be feasible albeit a little stressful.


just figured out my housing and it looks like I'll be heading to Cambridge by mid-August at the latest -- my summer plans end around the first week of Aug., and I'd love to settle in and explore a bit before classes start.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”