In at Harvard!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby adameus » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:49 pm

englawyer wrote:
adameus wrote:
lz06 wrote:Hmm to those of you went to the march one what did you guys do at night?? Did everyone go out together?


I don't think there was any gathering of TLS people. If there was, I wasn't invited...
On sunday night, the Harvard Law social club (I forget what it was called) had an event going on at one of the campus bars and they provided some drink tickets. I don't think happened on Saturday night.


we failed to meet during march asw :P. adameus and i met by accident without actually meeting though


I also figured out who APNS was but didn't ask him about it until after the ASW. I just felt a bit nervous about going up to some random stranger and asking if he was a certain person from TLS.

User avatar
skynet
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:40 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby skynet » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:52 pm

adameus wrote:
englawyer wrote:
adameus wrote:
lz06 wrote:Hmm to those of you went to the march one what did you guys do at night?? Did everyone go out together?


I don't think there was any gathering of TLS people. If there was, I wasn't invited...
On sunday night, the Harvard Law social club (I forget what it was called) had an event going on at one of the campus bars and they provided some drink tickets. I don't think happened on Saturday night.


we failed to meet during march asw :P. adameus and i met by accident without actually meeting though


I also figured out who APNS was but didn't ask him about it until after the ASW. I just felt a bit nervous about going up to some random stranger and asking if he was a certain person from TLS.

I met tomhobbes and one other TLS'er. Both lovely people.

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby GeePee » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:49 pm

Yes I finally have a place to stay this weekend! thanks for the priceline suggestion 8)

EDIT: Although it is, unfortunately, a mile from the red line :|

notanumber
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby notanumber » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:39 pm

Crap. Looks like I can't make it to ASW. Damnit. . . :(

User avatar
sayan
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:05 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby sayan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:25 pm

GeePee wrote:Yes I finally have a place to stay this weekend! thanks for the priceline suggestion 8)

EDIT: Although it is, unfortunately, a mile from the red line :|


but you probably got the room for 40-50% off so :P

User avatar
Na_Swatch
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby Na_Swatch » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:02 pm

sayan wrote:
GeePee wrote:Yes I finally have a place to stay this weekend! thanks for the priceline suggestion 8)

EDIT: Although it is, unfortunately, a mile from the red line :|


but you probably got the room for 40-50% off so :P


Just want to say your new avatar is Awesome. You going to the TLS meetup at the ASW?

User avatar
sayan
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:05 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby sayan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:46 pm

Na_Swatch wrote:
sayan wrote:
GeePee wrote:Yes I finally have a place to stay this weekend! thanks for the priceline suggestion 8)

EDIT: Although it is, unfortunately, a mile from the red line :|


but you probably got the room for 40-50% off so :P


Just want to say your new avatar is Awesome. You going to the TLS meetup at the ASW?


Yep. Looking forward to it!

You?

lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby lz06 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:55 am

.
Last edited by lz06 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby GeePee » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:01 pm

I was just about to post the same thing, LZ.

(I'm excited)

MichelledeMontaigne
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby MichelledeMontaigne » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:30 pm

You should be excited. FWI I had dinner with the social club in the last ASW and they were great.

APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:33 pm

adameus wrote:
englawyer wrote:
adameus wrote:
lz06 wrote:Hmm to those of you went to the march one what did you guys do at night?? Did everyone go out together?


I don't think there was any gathering of TLS people. If there was, I wasn't invited...
On sunday night, the Harvard Law social club (I forget what it was called) had an event going on at one of the campus bars and they provided some drink tickets. I don't think happened on Saturday night.


we failed to meet during march asw :P. adameus and i met by accident without actually meeting though


I also figured out who APNS was but didn't ask him about it until after the ASW. I just felt a bit nervous about going up to some random stranger and asking if he was a certain person from TLS.


dude, you should have approached me. it would have been incredibly amusing to have been outed in that way at asw.

User avatar
nixxers
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby nixxers » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:15 pm

all I can say is: if anyone thinks they have figured me out, please approach me and ask, because I will think it's hilarious. and i'll think it's even more hilarious if i later find out that you approached the wrong person and asked if she posts under the name "nixxers" on an online law school forum website :P

owhlcn
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby owhlcn » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:20 pm

nixxers wrote:all I can say is: if anyone thinks they have figured me out, please approach me and ask, because I will think it's hilarious. and i'll think it's even more hilarious if i later find out that you approached the wrong person and asked if she posts under the name "nixxers" on an online law school forum website :P


+ 1 completely agree, i would die laughing if someone approached the wrong short redhead. though i highly doubt that i've been recognizable enough on tls for anyone to pick me out of a crowd...

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby GeePee » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:21 pm

owhlcn wrote:
nixxers wrote:all I can say is: if anyone thinks they have figured me out, please approach me and ask, because I will think it's hilarious. and i'll think it's even more hilarious if i later find out that you approached the wrong person and asked if she posts under the name "nixxers" on an online law school forum website :P


+ 1 completely agree, i would die laughing if someone approached the wrong short redhead. though i highly doubt that i've been recognizable enough on tls for anyone to pick me out of a crowd...

OTOH I hope you all know who I am by now.

lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby lz06 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:22 pm

.
Last edited by lz06 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bluedolphins
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:31 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby bluedolphins » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:29 pm

nixxers wrote:all I can say is: if anyone thinks they have figured me out, please approach me and ask, because I will think it's hilarious. and i'll think it's even more hilarious if i later find out that you approached the wrong person and asked if she posts under the name "nixxers" on an online law school forum website :P


lol.

+1. I hope this will continue into the fall as I won't be able to make it to the ASW :P

lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby lz06 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:56 pm

.
Last edited by lz06 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MichelledeMontaigne
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby MichelledeMontaigne » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:00 pm

It's not going to hit anywhere close to 39. It will probably be around 50.

User avatar
dutchstriker
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby dutchstriker » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:10 pm

nixxers wrote:all I can say is: if anyone thinks they have figured me out, please approach me and ask, because I will think it's hilarious. and i'll think it's even more hilarious if i later find out that you approached the wrong person and asked if she posts under the name "nixxers" on an online law school forum website :P

That happened to me at NYU. Someone was like, "So... on the online forums much...?" And I was like, "Sometimes..." Then he asked if I was so-and-so (I've forgotten). I was not. Still am not. It was awkward.

owhlcn
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby owhlcn » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:21 am

catching my train in t-minus 8 hrs -- getting excited!

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby GeePee » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:26 am

Wow that's awesome! What are you still doing up in that case :P

Wish I could come down tomorrow but I have work until 3 AM :|

owhlcn
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby owhlcn » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:28 am

full disclosure: reading trashy historical thrillers :D

work till 3am is tragic! when do you get in on saturday?

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby GeePee » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:42 am

Probably in the neighborhood of noon or 1 o'clock. I'm used to functioning on little sleep, hence why I'm here now.

I should probably find a way to organize the meetup group better for Saturday night. I'm hesitant to give out my cell phone number but I think it's going to come to that through private message on Facebook.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:44 am

dutchstriker wrote:
nixxers wrote:all I can say is: if anyone thinks they have figured me out, please approach me and ask, because I will think it's hilarious. and i'll think it's even more hilarious if i later find out that you approached the wrong person and asked if she posts under the name "nixxers" on an online law school forum website :P

That happened to me at NYU. Someone was like, "So... on the online forums much...?" And I was like, "Sometimes..." Then he asked if I was so-and-so (I've forgotten). I was not. Still am not. It was awkward.


Something very similar happened to me at Stanford. I thought that I had identified a 1L who posts here sometimes but was mistaken.

owhlcn
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: In at Harvard!

Postby owhlcn » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:00 am

GeePee wrote:Probably in the neighborhood of noon or 1 o'clock. I'm used to functioning on little sleep, hence why I'm here now.

I should probably find a way to organize the meetup group better for Saturday night. I'm hesitant to give out my cell phone number but I think it's going to come to that through private message on Facebook.


annnnd i missed my train. this message brought to you by owhlcn's alarm, which decided it had better things to do than go off this morning. fml.

also: i imagine people will find their way on saturday night, no? though i suppose some sort of mass texting epidemic is probably inevitable.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: applicationquestions, hellohalo, NorthDragon and 5 guests