In at Harvard! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lz06

Bronze

Re: In at Harvard!

Post by lz06 » Mon May 10, 2010 5:06 pm

I'm on the damn waitlist. and I got a crappy HRES viewing window also :|

capitalacq

Silver

Post by capitalacq » Mon May 10, 2010 5:09 pm

i got a not-so-great HRES window and an amazing dorm lottery #... I wish I could trade my T20 dorm lottery # for the first HRES window since I don't really have any desire of living in a dorm

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Mon May 10, 2010 5:11 pm

i'll be one of the very last to pick on thursday.

does this doom me to gropius?

c0rpusdelicti

New

Post by c0rpusdelicti » Mon May 10, 2010 5:14 pm

Ugh, waitlist.

ConMan345

Silver

Post by ConMan345 » Mon May 10, 2010 5:15 pm

I got a TERRIBLE lottery number. I want gropius, though, so hopefully it'll work out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

citydweller09

Bronze

Post by citydweller09 » Mon May 10, 2010 5:17 pm

My lottery number is sort of ... middle of the road. I'll be picking semi-late tomorrow. Ah well, if this lottery number keeps me out of Gropius than it's done its job.

dutchstriker

Bronze

Post by dutchstriker » Mon May 10, 2010 5:33 pm

I got a pretty good lottery number. I want Gropius though, so not sure it matters.

Where does everyone want to live? Gropius is so freaking cheap, it's by far my preference.

psychomohel

Bronze

Post by psychomohel » Mon May 10, 2010 5:36 pm

dutchstriker wrote:I got a pretty good lottery number. I want Gropius though, so not sure it matters.

Where does everyone want to live? Gropius is so freaking cheap, it's by far my preference.
I got a really good lottery number and will try to live in Gropius. Can't beat the price and the name is pretty awesome.

capitalacq

Silver

Post by capitalacq » Mon May 10, 2010 5:37 pm

anyone happen to know if the basement of hastings is all connected? i.e. would I have to go from entrance 1 to 5 to use the kitchen?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Na_Swatch

Bronze

Post by Na_Swatch » Mon May 10, 2010 5:47 pm

gropius rooms r pretty small tho.. still deciding what i want

dutchstriker

Bronze

Post by dutchstriker » Mon May 10, 2010 5:52 pm

Na_Swatch wrote:gropius rooms r pretty small tho.. still deciding what i want
Yeah; I'm kind of like a claustrophile.

Na_Swatch

Bronze

Post by Na_Swatch » Mon May 10, 2010 5:54 pm

dutchstriker wrote:
Na_Swatch wrote:gropius rooms r pretty small tho.. still deciding what i want
Yeah; I'm kind of like a claustrophile.
haha then i guess it'll serve you well

c0rpusdelicti

New

Post by c0rpusdelicti » Mon May 10, 2010 6:10 pm

capitalacq wrote:i got a not-so-great HRES window and an amazing dorm lottery #... I wish I could trade my T20 dorm lottery # for the first HRES window since I don't really have any desire of living in a dorm
If only we could trade HRES windows for lottery numbers........ sigh :cry:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

knola002

Bronze

Post by knola002 » Mon May 10, 2010 6:18 pm

Got my number. Picking on Thursday, but I want Gropius so I should be okay.

Zara

Bronze

Post by Zara » Mon May 10, 2010 7:41 pm

I got a pretty good number and will be picking tomorrow. I'm hoping it will give me a shot at North Hall's small rooms. After living alone for the past several years and being out of undergrad for a while, I don't think I'd like Gropius though the price is tempting. For those of you who got to visit, what did you think of North Hall and Hastings? Worth the extra money?

psychomohel

Bronze

Post by psychomohel » Mon May 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Zara wrote:I got a pretty good number and will be picking tomorrow. I'm hoping it will give me a shot at North Hall's small rooms. After living alone for the past several years and being out of undergrad for a while, I don't think I'd like Gropius though the price is tempting. For those of you who got to visit, what did you think of North Hall and Hastings? Worth the extra money?

Hastings did not seem worth it. From what I saw, it has the worst density of users to toilets/showers. It is too much like Gropius to be worth the cost. North was pretty nice. The rooms are much larger than the Gropius ones and you have a private bathroom. If those two things are important to you, then yeah, it would be worth the price.

caribs

New

Post by caribs » Mon May 10, 2010 9:12 pm

I got a great lottery number. I was looking at the floor plans for the Gropius buildings. Is it me or do some of the bathrooms have no showers? It seems that the bathrooms (at least the male ones) in Dane and Holmes do not have showers. I'm crazy, right?

North Hall is def. better than Hastings. I agree with the previous statement re: Hastings; it has the worst density of users to toilets/showers. I don't know why Hasting's appeal is beside the architecture, which doesn't matter much in my opinion.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bluedolphins

New

Post by bluedolphins » Mon May 10, 2010 9:21 pm

I will be picking on Thursday as well. I am shooting for Gropius. I am surprised so many people are considering Gropius.

bluedolphins

New

Post by bluedolphins » Mon May 10, 2010 9:25 pm

Actually how does this really work? Are all the people between 111 and 220 picking at the same time?

caribs

New

Post by caribs » Mon May 10, 2010 9:27 pm

bluedolphins wrote:Actually how does this really work? Are all the people between 111 and 220 picking at the same time?
I think you are. All the people between 1 and 110 pick at the same time as well. At least that's my understanding of the instructions.

psychomohel

Bronze

Post by psychomohel » Mon May 10, 2010 9:31 pm

caribs wrote:
I think you are. All the people between 1 and 110 pick at the same time as well. At least that's my understanding of the instructions.
They haven't sent out the instructions yet---those go out tomorrow morning.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

caribs

New

Post by caribs » Mon May 10, 2010 9:35 pm

psychomohel wrote:
caribs wrote:
I meant the brief description in the e-mail they sent out. They make it seem as if everyone with a number between x and y is going to be able to register between noon and 8. I could be wrong though.

capitalacq

Silver

Post by capitalacq » Mon May 10, 2010 9:47 pm

from my understanding, everyone chooses during the same period, but the better lottery numbers get their preference of the room... so lets say someone with #60 takes room 101 as soon as the window opens and someone with #5 chooses room 101 a few hours later when they login, #5 will get room 101 and #60 will get an email telling them to choose a different room

bluedolphins

New

Post by bluedolphins » Mon May 10, 2010 9:52 pm

capitalacq wrote:from my understanding, everyone chooses during the same period, but the better lottery numbers get their preference of the room... so lets say someone with #60 takes room 101 as soon as the window opens and someone with #5 chooses room 101 a few hours later when they login, #5 will get room 101 and #60 will get an email telling them to choose a different room
#60 will get an email later on telling them to choose a different room? That means I have to check my email incessantly for 8 hours?! :shock: Oh no....

Zara

Bronze

Post by Zara » Mon May 10, 2010 9:54 pm

caribs wrote:
psychomohel wrote:
caribs wrote:
I meant the brief description in the e-mail they sent out. They make it seem as if everyone with a number between x and y is going to be able to register between noon and 8. I could be wrong though.
from everything I've read, that is correct. You can choose any time between 12-8 but if someone with a lower number chooses the room you select you get bumped out. Then you get an email and have to login and select a new room.

It tells you how many people have already selected when you login so that's supposed to help you know when to select but there is no way of knowing whether the people who have already chosen rooms are higher or lower than yours...so realistically you could get bumped at any time even if you have a pretty good number.

With the time difference the hours fall between 2am and 10am for me, which blows. I am not looking forward to staying up all night to do this (especially since I have work at 8am) but I'm lucky I got a low number so I guess I shouldn't really bitch too much about it.

by the way thanks to the people who commented on hastings. i didnt realize it was so crappy. I guess I'll have to reconsider Gropius in the event that I can't get an affordable room in North.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”