In at Harvard! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
adameus

Silver

Re: In at Harvard!

Post by adameus » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:49 pm

englawyer wrote:
adameus wrote:
lz06 wrote:Hmm to those of you went to the march one what did you guys do at night?? Did everyone go out together?
I don't think there was any gathering of TLS people. If there was, I wasn't invited...
On sunday night, the Harvard Law social club (I forget what it was called) had an event going on at one of the campus bars and they provided some drink tickets. I don't think happened on Saturday night.
we failed to meet during march asw :P. adameus and i met by accident without actually meeting though
I also figured out who APNS was but didn't ask him about it until after the ASW. I just felt a bit nervous about going up to some random stranger and asking if he was a certain person from TLS.

skynet

Bronze

Post by skynet » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:52 pm

adameus wrote:
englawyer wrote:
adameus wrote:
lz06 wrote:Hmm to those of you went to the march one what did you guys do at night?? Did everyone go out together?
I don't think there was any gathering of TLS people. If there was, I wasn't invited...
On sunday night, the Harvard Law social club (I forget what it was called) had an event going on at one of the campus bars and they provided some drink tickets. I don't think happened on Saturday night.
we failed to meet during march asw :P. adameus and i met by accident without actually meeting though
I also figured out who APNS was but didn't ask him about it until after the ASW. I just felt a bit nervous about going up to some random stranger and asking if he was a certain person from TLS.
I met tomhobbes and one other TLS'er. Both lovely people.

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:49 pm

Yes I finally have a place to stay this weekend! thanks for the priceline suggestion 8)

EDIT: Although it is, unfortunately, a mile from the red line :|

notanumber

Bronze

Post by notanumber » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:39 pm

Crap. Looks like I can't make it to ASW. Damnit. . . :(

sayan

Bronze

Post by sayan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:25 pm

GeePee wrote:Yes I finally have a place to stay this weekend! thanks for the priceline suggestion 8)

but you probably got the room for 40-50% off so :P

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Na_Swatch

Bronze

Post by Na_Swatch » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:02 pm

sayan wrote:
GeePee wrote:Yes I finally have a place to stay this weekend! thanks for the priceline suggestion 8)

Just want to say your new avatar is Awesome. You going to the TLS meetup at the ASW?

sayan

Bronze

Post by sayan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:46 pm

Na_Swatch wrote:
sayan wrote:

Just want to say your new avatar is Awesome. You going to the TLS meetup at the ASW?
Yep. Looking forward to it!

You?

lz06

Bronze

Post by lz06 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:55 am

Last edited by lz06 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:01 pm

I was just about to post the same thing, LZ.

(I'm excited)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MichelledeMontaigne

New

Post by MichelledeMontaigne » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:30 pm

You should be excited. FWI I had dinner with the social club in the last ASW and they were great.

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:33 pm

adameus wrote:
englawyer wrote:
adameus wrote:
dude, you should have approached me. it would have been incredibly amusing to have been outed in that way at asw.

nixxers

Bronze

Post by nixxers » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:15 pm

all I can say is: if anyone thinks they have figured me out, please approach me and ask, because I will think it's hilarious. and i'll think it's even more hilarious if i later find out that you approached the wrong person and asked if she posts under the name "nixxers" on an online law school forum website :P

owhlcn

Bronze

Post by owhlcn » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:20 pm

nixxers wrote:all I can say is: if anyone thinks they have figured me out, please approach me and ask, because I will think it's hilarious. and i'll think it's even more hilarious if i later find out that you approached the wrong person and asked if she posts under the name "nixxers" on an online law school forum website :P
+ 1 completely agree, i would die laughing if someone approached the wrong short redhead. though i highly doubt that i've been recognizable enough on tls for anyone to pick me out of a crowd...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:21 pm

owhlcn wrote:
nixxers wrote:all I can say is: if anyone thinks they have figured me out, please approach me and ask, because I will think it's hilarious. and i'll think it's even more hilarious if i later find out that you approached the wrong person and asked if she posts under the name "nixxers" on an online law school forum website :P
+ 1 completely agree, i would die laughing if someone approached the wrong short redhead. though i highly doubt that i've been recognizable enough on tls for anyone to pick me out of a crowd...
OTOH I hope you all know who I am by now.

lz06

Bronze

Post by lz06 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:22 pm

bluedolphins

New

Post by bluedolphins » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:29 pm

lol.

+1. I hope this will continue into the fall as I won't be able to make it to the ASW :P

lz06

Bronze

Post by lz06 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:56 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MichelledeMontaigne

New

Post by MichelledeMontaigne » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:00 pm

It's not going to hit anywhere close to 39. It will probably be around 50.

dutchstriker

Bronze

Post by dutchstriker » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:10 pm

That happened to me at NYU. Someone was like, "So... on the online forums much...?" And I was like, "Sometimes..." Then he asked if I was so-and-so (I've forgotten). I was not. Still am not. It was awkward.

owhlcn

Bronze

Post by owhlcn » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:21 am

catching my train in t-minus 8 hrs -- getting excited!

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:26 am

Wow that's awesome! What are you still doing up in that case :P

Wish I could come down tomorrow but I have work until 3 AM :|

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

owhlcn

Bronze

Post by owhlcn » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:28 am

full disclosure: reading trashy historical thrillers :D

work till 3am is tragic! when do you get in on saturday?

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:42 am

Probably in the neighborhood of noon or 1 o'clock. I'm used to functioning on little sleep, hence why I'm here now.

I should probably find a way to organize the meetup group better for Saturday night. I'm hesitant to give out my cell phone number but I think it's going to come to that through private message on Facebook.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:44 am

dutchstriker wrote:
That happened to me at NYU. Someone was like, "So... on the online forums much...?" And I was like, "Sometimes..." Then he asked if I was so-and-so (I've forgotten). I was not. Still am not. It was awkward.
Something very similar happened to me at Stanford. I thought that I had identified a 1L who posts here sometimes but was mistaken.

owhlcn

Bronze

Post by owhlcn » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:00 am

GeePee wrote:Probably in the neighborhood of noon or 1 o'clock. I'm used to functioning on little sleep, hence why I'm here now.

I should probably find a way to organize the meetup group better for Saturday night. I'm hesitant to give out my cell phone number but I think it's going to come to that through private message on Facebook.
annnnd i missed my train. this message brought to you by owhlcn's alarm, which decided it had better things to do than go off this morning. fml.

also: i imagine people will find their way on saturday night, no? though i suppose some sort of mass texting epidemic is probably inevitable.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”