In at Harvard! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JollyRoger

New

In at Harvard!

Post by JollyRoger » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:07 pm

Wow. I'm amazed, life is good. I had my phone interview on the 13th and they called me this morning to say I got in. (At first, definitely thought it was a joke)

lawgunner75

New

Re: In at Harvard!

Post by lawgunner75 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:10 pm

That's wonderful! Congratulations! :D

MSachmorov

New

Post by MSachmorov » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:51 pm

If I may, what were your numbers?

vyboxvybox

New

Post by vyboxvybox » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:11 pm

I posted this in the other thread (Harvard 2010), but that thread seems to be overrun by those still waiting to hear. Best of luck to them, but I just need a quick favor:

Received my JR2 this morning.

I was so excited I missed some of the things JR said about the rest of the process. Could somebody who was more coherent during the JR2 post a message or PM me about what he said the next few steps are? I know he said to be looking for an e-mail from him with our Harvard e-mail (!!!), but I don't recall when he said to expect that. He said the student handbook would be mailed out next week, but that it was available online.

Does anybody remember if he said that that stuff would come relatively soon, as in today or before the mailing goes out after Thanksgiving?

And he didn't mention anything about this and I'm no expert in the process, but when and where do we get to tell Harvard "Yes, yes a thousand times yes I love you and always willllllllll!!!@!@!##@!"

Congrats to everybody who received their JR2 today. Good luck to everybody else who is waiting.

cougit

New

Post by cougit » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:14 pm

He told me the mailing went out the Tuesday after Thanksgiving and it would have a password for admitted students site. Then, the harvard student e-mail would come after that? I think... now I'm confused. One thing i AM positive about though is no HLS binder :( they are trying to be eco-friendly... sad (not sad for the environment though).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

owhlcn

Bronze

Post by owhlcn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:15 pm

vyboxvybox wrote:I posted this in the other thread (Harvard 2010), but that thread seems to be overrun by those still waiting to hear. Best of luck to them, but I just need a quick favor:

Received my JR2 this morning.

I was so excited I missed some of the things JR said about the rest of the process. Could somebody who was more coherent during the JR2 post a message or PM me about what he said the next few steps are? I know he said to be looking for an e-mail from him with our Harvard e-mail (!!!), but I don't recall when he said to expect that. He said the student handbook would be mailed out next week, but that it was available online.

Does anybody remember if he said that that stuff would come relatively soon, as in today or before the mailing goes out after Thanksgiving?

And he didn't mention anything about this and I'm no expert in the process, but when and where do we get to tell Harvard "Yes, yes a thousand times yes I love you and always willllllllll!!!@!@!##@!"

Congrats to everybody who received their JR2 today. Good luck to everybody else who is waiting.

answered this question in the other thread but it's buried in the rest of the craziness. basically he said that the email will come out the tuesday after thanksgiving and that in it will be a harvard email address which we should check for all future info and a password to the admitted students' website (which is where the online handbook is, i think??) that was pretty much it! i think in terms of sealing the harvard deal it'll be when you put down a deposit sometime next semester, don't know anything more than that! but congrats!

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:18 pm

cougit wrote:He told me the mailing went out the Tuesday after Thanksgiving and it would have a password for admitted students site. Then, the harvard student e-mail would come after that? I think... now I'm confused. One thing i AM positive about though is no HLS binder :( they are trying to be eco-friendly... sad (not sad for the environment though).
Haha yeah I agree about the Binder, I was thinking... but.. so much paper is wasted on pointless things... this is one that I would like to have over almost any other 350 pages in my life.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:23 pm

The. Call. Has. Come. I'm IN!!!

It's going to be a very, very happy Thanksgiving.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:31 pm

I actually missed his call and had to call him back...some nervous moments. But he's a really nice guy!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

picaresco

New

Post by picaresco » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:35 pm

cougit wrote:He told me the mailing went out the Tuesday after Thanksgiving and it would have a password for admitted students site. Then, the harvard student e-mail would come after that? I think... now I'm confused. One thing i AM positive about though is no HLS binder :( they are trying to be eco-friendly... sad (not sad for the environment though).
Actually, he mentioned to me that there WOULD be a binder and that it wasn't very environmentally friendly, and then he laughed.

ylc

New

Post by ylc » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:37 pm

Last edited by ylc on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:37 pm

picaresco wrote:
Actually, he mentioned to me that there WOULD be a binder and that it wasn't very environmentally friendly, and then he laughed.
Yes, he definitely mentioned a 350-page binder to me, when he could get in a word in between my exclamations of unbridled joy!! :P

T14

Bronze

Post by T14 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:40 pm

Checking in... I also thought he said there was no binder, because it was now all online.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

echoi

Bronze

Post by echoi » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:41 pm

*jealous*

/walks out of thread

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:41 pm

I think he literally said, "I hope that you're pleased with our decision." Like, duh...

He said that they would keep in touch with me regularly via email over the next few months.

By the way, the timing of this notification so soon after the interview suggests that they had mostly decided before he talked to me.

Now that I think about it, the 350-page "binder" was on the HLS admitted student site; I just visualized a normal binder in my excitement...hahaha.

exeunt

New

Post by exeunt » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:42 pm

best thanksgiving ever :D

KuroiTsuki

New

Post by KuroiTsuki » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:46 pm

I got the call at 9:15 am EST today and he DEFINITELY mentioned a binder. When we spoke, he said that they typically sent out a binder but that it's online now so that they can be more ecofriendly. Said that the information packet would be sent out the week after Thanksgiving and it would have my ID number to access the admitted student's page. He also said that it would contain my "Harvard email" which is super crazy exciting =) I can't wait to get it!

P.S. I was so excited about getting my JR2 that it was hard to concentrate on what he was saying . . . my brain was doing backflips. Then when we got off the phone, I was like, "Wait, he said that they were offering me admission, right?" All day, I've been trying to convince myself that yes, he actually did say I was admitted. I was just so nervous that I could hardly focus on his words. Has anyone else been walking around in a daze, thinking "Wait, he DID say that was I admitted, right?"

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ylc

New

Post by ylc » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:50 pm

KuroiTsuki wrote: P.S. I was so excited about getting my JR2 that it was hard to concentrate on what he was saying . . . my brain was doing backflips. Then when we got off the phone, I was like, "Wait, he said that they were offering me admission, right?" All day, I've been trying to convince myself that yes, he actually did say I was admitted. I was just so nervous that I could hardly focus on his words. Has anyone else been walking around in a daze, thinking "Wait, he DID say that was I admitted, right?"
I would feel more at ease if my status checker would change to admitted...

Casus

New

Post by Casus » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:52 pm

Haha congrats to everyone. Of course, I do hope that all of you listen better in your HLS classes or else I fear you might not be suited for learning through the Socratic method...

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:54 pm

Casus wrote:Haha congrats to everyone. Of course, I do hope that all of you listen better in your HLS classes or else I fear you might not be suited for learning through the Socratic method...
heh.. the moment the 617 number came up I stopped thinking rationally... forgot everything he said in like 5 mins... then spent a bit worrying they might have called the wrong person accidentally until I rmbered he asked for me by name like 20 minutes later.

adrib

Bronze

Post by adrib » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:55 pm

congrats to all of you! i do hope, of course, that you all go to Yale instead and leave more seats open at Harvard. :wink:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JollyRoger

New

Post by JollyRoger » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:04 pm

I have definitely been walking around in a daze all day.

After I hung up I tried to go back to sleep (stupid idea) and then gave that up and I was thinking maybe I dreamed it.

Honestly, I'm really incoherent in the mornings and I almost said to him "wait, you're ****ing with me, right?" But, luckily, I didn't.

Like most of you, I have almost no recollection of anything he said after he said I could be a Harvard kid lol. I heard something about mailers that weren't eco-friendly, and I thought he was poking fun at me because I talked about sustainability during the interview.

(Then promptly ran through my house, waking up roommates before their classes.)

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:08 pm

KuroiTsuki wrote:I got the call at 9:15 am EST today and he DEFINITELY mentioned a binder. When we spoke, he said that they typically sent out a binder but that it's online now so that they can be more ecofriendly. Said that the information packet would be sent out the week after Thanksgiving and it would have my ID number to access the admitted student's page. He also said that it would contain my "Harvard email" which is super crazy exciting =) I can't wait to get it!

P.S. I was so excited about getting my JR2 that it was hard to concentrate on what he was saying . . . my brain was doing backflips. Then when we got off the phone, I was like, "Wait, he said that they were offering me admission, right?" All day, I've been trying to convince myself that yes, he actually did say I was admitted. I was just so nervous that I could hardly focus on his words. Has anyone else been walking around in a daze, thinking "Wait, he DID say that was I admitted, right?"
Precisely. Especially since he called moments after I rolled out of bed. I wasn't expecting to hear from him so soon.

owhlcn

Bronze

Post by owhlcn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:15 pm

exeunt wrote:best thanksgiving ever :D
YES TITCR

cciti65

New

Post by cciti65 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:31 pm

I've been home with the flu for what seems like forever now and he actually woke me up... I had no idea who it was because for some reason the number came up as unknown. Can't wait for the email to come out, because at least then I will know that I didn't dream the whole thing!!!

Congratulations everyone! Looking forward to seeing you (or many of you!) in Cambridge next year!!!!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”