In at Harvard! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
picaresco

New

Re: In at Harvard!

Post by picaresco » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:11 pm

Cooley70121 wrote:Is anyone here already planning on attending the ASW? Would it be better to attend the first one or the second one?
I'm definitely going to the first one (I think), because it's been a while since I lived in Boston and I want to go when it's cold, just to remind me. I actually debated taking a trip up next week to try and see the place during exams, but it didn't work out.

T14

Bronze

Post by T14 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:23 pm

mhopeful wrote:Lol i think the colder time is actually better because for us west coast ppl, it gives us a better sense of the reality we will be facing---the weather is my greatest worry about harvard for sure :-)
Yea the weather should be quite a shock. I have never been anywhere colder than maybe... -10? I don't know how cold Boston gets but I presume a fair bit colder than that. That being said, I think I will be attending the March ASW.

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:23 pm

if you can stand -10, you'll be fine. the hardest thing about northeastern weather is not how cold it is but how long it stays cold. it feels like forever.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:39 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:if you can stand -10, you'll be fine. the hardest thing about northeastern weather is not how cold it is but how long it stays cold. it feels like forever.
You're right, but I think that I could brace myself for three years if necessary, knowing that I would return to CA afterwards. I'm originally from the Mid-Atlantic, so snow and ice are not completely unfamiliar to me (although much loathed).

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:04 am

from the south; never lived in the northeast before

gg boston

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nixxers

Bronze

Post by nixxers » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:23 pm

Haha. I live in a frozen tundra so I am sooo not worried about Boston... btw, how cute was the little email from Martha Minow this morning :) It's to the Harvard email address.

sfdreaming09

Bronze

Post by sfdreaming09 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:48 pm

nixxers wrote:Haha. I live in a frozen tundra so I am sooo not worried about Boston... btw, how cute was the little email from Martha Minow this morning :) It's to the Harvard email address.
Yeah, I got the note too. I’ve actually been quite surprised, given Harvard’s image/stereotype, at how personal the whole process has been so far.

nixxers

Bronze

Post by nixxers » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:39 pm

sfdreaming09 wrote:
nixxers wrote:Haha. I live in a frozen tundra so I am sooo not worried about Boston... btw, how cute was the little email from Martha Minow this morning :) It's to the Harvard email address.
Yeah, I got the note too. I’ve actually been quite surprised, given Harvard’s image/stereotype, at how personal the whole process has been so far.
Same.

The Dan

Bronze

Post by The Dan » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:42 pm

Post!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:49 pm

woooohhhhhooooooooo I can join this thread!!!! :)

hello friends...

pulpfree

New

Post by pulpfree » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:58 pm

IN!!!!!!! 8)

driveshaft

New

Post by driveshaft » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:59 pm

IN!

Wow. JR definitely laughed at my response during my JR2. Best way to wake up ever!

Booby87, so glad we're JR2 buddies!

Cassandrus

New

Post by Cassandrus » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:19 pm

I just got JR2ed like woah. Now I'm all anxious to get on the admitted students website. Any of my JR2-siblings able to log on yet?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:44 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:02 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluedolphins

New

Post by bluedolphins » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:32 pm

Congratulations to everyone!

soullesswonder

Silver

Post by soullesswonder » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:05 pm

Harvard is slowly infiltrating my mind :D We have access to a large portion of the current students site and as a result I've downloaded the OCI data for the last three years plus the OCS files for advice and self-assessment. Between all this available info and the email address, by Spring I may decide that I'm already more comfortable going to Harvard than some other school (maybe even Yale?).

And yes, it is crazy for me to think that my "Harvard experience" has been much more personal than my experience so far with my other offer, Duke. Nothing against Duke, but all I have from them is the same brochures I already had plus a generic admitted student website and password.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sfdreaming09

Bronze

Post by sfdreaming09 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:27 pm

soullesswonder wrote:Harvard is slowly infiltrating my mind :D We have access to a large portion of the current students site and as a result I've downloaded the OCI data for the last three years plus the OCS files for advice and self-assessment. Between all this available info and the email address, by Spring I may decide that I'm already more comfortable going to Harvard than some other school (maybe even Yale?).

And yes, it is crazy for me to think that my "Harvard experience" has been much more personal than my experience so far with my other offer, Duke. Nothing against Duke, but all I have from them is the same brochures I already had plus a generic admitted student website and password.
Do you know where you found the OCI data on the admitted students site? Thanks!

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:32 pm

sfdreaming09 wrote:
soullesswonder wrote:Harvard is slowly infiltrating my mind :D We have access to a large portion of the current students site and as a result I've downloaded the OCI data for the last three years plus the OCS files for advice and self-assessment. Between all this available info and the email address, by Spring I may decide that I'm already more comfortable going to Harvard than some other school (maybe even Yale?).

I'm even lazier... anyone want to post some charts up or put some of the cool data on the thread? Thanks!

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:34 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

alleyoop86

New

Post by alleyoop86 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:52 pm

Last edited by alleyoop86 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

zamd006

New

Post by zamd006 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:56 pm

Welcome to my new classmates! Congrats on getting your JR2's today. Harvard > Yale, end of story.

soullesswonder

Silver

Post by soullesswonder » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:57 pm

sfdreaming09 wrote:

https://www.law.harvard.edu/current/car ... index.html

If that link doesn't work for some reason, go to Current Students....Office of Career Services....JD students....Researching Employers

Just use your ID and password you received with the official offer.

nixxers

Bronze

Post by nixxers » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:48 pm

Bleeeeeeeggggghhhhh..... I have 3 long papers and 2 finals looming above me in the next 10 days, but I can't seem to do anything remotely productive. Anyone else suffering from the "I-already-got-into-Harvards"?

x_x

owhlcn

Bronze

Post by owhlcn » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:55 pm

nixxers wrote:Bleeeeeeeggggghhhhh..... I have 3 long papers and 2 finals looming above me in the next 10 days, but I can't seem to do anything remotely productive. Anyone else suffering from the "I-already-got-into-Harvards"?

x_x
good lord yes. huge seminar paper and an exam before the week is out, and i can't make myself function whatsoever. i graduate in a week and even that isn't enough to make me work. sigh.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”