In at Harvard! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mrduval

New

Re: In at Harvard!

Post by mrduval » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:30 pm

For some reason I can't log into the Admitted Students site, what has been the username and password format you have been using (my mail account has worked)? Thanks!

capitalacq

Silver

Post by capitalacq » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:41 pm

nixxers wrote:Bleeeeeeeggggghhhhh..... I have 3 long papers and 2 finals looming above me in the next 10 days, but I can't seem to do anything remotely productive. Anyone else suffering from the "I-already-got-into-Harvards"?

x_x
I'm just wondering why I have to still pull all-nighters.

I came close to just handing in a copy of my HLS acceptance letter instead of my paper today...

cougit

New

Post by cougit » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:46 pm

capitalacq wrote:
nixxers wrote:Bleeeeeeeggggghhhhh..... I have 3 long papers and 2 finals looming above me in the next 10 days, but I can't seem to do anything remotely productive. Anyone else suffering from the "I-already-got-into-Harvards"?

x_x

I came close to just handing in a copy of my HLS acceptance letter instead of my paper today...

hahaha +1 to the all nighters. I had a nightmare that I got C's in all my classes this semester and Harvard called me and told me I couldn't come anymore.

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:42 pm

capitalacq wrote:

x_x

Want to do this sooo badly... like for 3 classes

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:23 pm

Really nice email from the Dean on the Harvard email account. They've done everything right so far to make one feel welcome.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

driveshaft

New

Post by driveshaft » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:23 am

Has anybody who was admitted on Monday had any luck getting on the Admitted Students site or accessing the email? It's definitely not working for me.

Also, just to re-emphasize, I AM SO EXCITED! I decided today to not apply to Yale--if I got in, I'd be so upset about making a decision because Harvard is where I want to be.

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:35 am

Last edited by booby87 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:58 am

booby87 wrote:
driveshaft wrote:Has anybody who was admitted on Monday had any luck getting on the Admitted Students site or accessing the email? It's definitely not working for me.

Also, just to re-emphasize, I AM SO EXCITED! I decided today to not apply to Yale--if I got in, I'd be so upset about making a decision because Harvard is where I want to be.
I can't get in. My status checker says the binder was mailed on Monday so maybe we'll get it tomorrow :D
The username is the username listed for your email on your status checker + . + jd13; e.g., jdoe.jd13. The password is your LSAC account number, including the L. Hope that this information helps!

driveshaft

New

Post by driveshaft » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:11 pm

managamy wrote:
booby87 wrote:
driveshaft wrote:Has anybody who was admitted on Monday had any luck getting on the Admitted Students site or accessing the email? It's definitely not working for me.

I can't get in. My status checker says the binder was mailed on Monday so maybe we'll get it tomorrow :D
The username is the username listed for your email on your status checker + . + jd13; e.g., jdoe.jd13. The password is your LSAC account number, including the L. Hope that this information helps!
Looks like those of us who got in Monday just don't have access yet ... I hope. If I just hallucinated my JR2 then I'm going to have a lot of trouble explaining to my friends why I went to Texas when I got into Harvard.

Thanks for the help though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:21 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Isa

New

Post by Isa » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:33 pm

My voicemail deleted my JR2 message without warning! :evil:

zamd006

New

Post by zamd006 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:43 pm

Isa wrote:My voicemail deleted my JR2 message without warning! :evil:
That sucks, mine is safe and sound. I transferred it to my computer, so Josh Rubensteins beautiful voice will remain forever in my possession. My grandchildren will hear it someday and celebrate the glory of their grandfather.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:55 pm

zamd006 wrote:
That sucks, mine is safe and sound. I transferred it to my computer, so Josh Rubensteins beautiful voice will remain forever in my possession. My grandchildren will hear it someday and celebrate the glory of their grandfather.
Wow, I wish that I had gotten a voicemail. I would have played it about 50 times by now. :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Isa

New

Post by Isa » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:14 pm

@managamy: I did, but this precludes me from playing it 500 more times!! :(

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:30 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:34 pm

booby87 wrote:
managamy wrote:
zamd006 wrote:
Wow, I wish that I had gotten a voicemail. I would have played it about 50 times by now. :D
yeah he woke me up and in my post-sleep daze/excitement I forgot my plan let him go to voicemail. It takes a lot of willpower to not pick up when you know HLS is calling for you...
I missed his call, but he didn't leave a voicemail. After seeing his number on my caller ID, I returned the call.

The Dan

Bronze

Post by The Dan » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:35 am

Hope you guys aren't planning on bringing your cars. The Boston Globe has a story about a Back Bay parking space that sold for a record $300k. :shock:

--LinkRemoved--

(Of course, Back Bay is a bit of a hike from Harvard)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sfdreaming09

Bronze

Post by sfdreaming09 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:16 pm

Does anyone know how to add the Harvard Law email address to your blackberry? When I went to the Verizon store, one of the sales associates told me that I needed to contact Harvard directly and obtain an IP address or something. Does anybody have any suggestions on where I can find that? Thanks!
Last edited by sfdreaming09 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:27 pm

you may not be able to as some school e-mails can't be directly forwarded for some reason. however, you can just set law.harvard to forward to one your accounts that does forward messages to your blackberry.

T14

Bronze

Post by T14 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Nice! My binder finally came in the mail today. No bumper sticker though :(

I wasn't planning on using it, but I wanted to see it anyway!

englawyer

Silver

Post by englawyer » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:58 pm

Hope you guys aren't planning on bringing your cars. The Boston Globe has a story about a Back Bay parking space that sold for a record $300k. :shock:

--LinkRemoved-- ... l_par.html

from a cambridge resident, but non hls admit:

if you live in cambridge (even as a rental), you get a resident permit. it will allow you to park anywhere in cambridge aside from meters parking, which is pretty sweet. there is quite a bit of residential spaces and i've never had a problem with on-street parking.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:47 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:10 pm

englawyer wrote:

--LinkRemoved-- ... l_par.html

from a cambridge resident, but non hls admit:

if you live in cambridge (even as a rental), you get a resident permit. it will allow you to park anywhere in cambridge aside from meters parking, which is pretty sweet. there is quite a bit of residential spaces and i've never had a problem with on-street parking.
Couple Questions for you, how much do these permits cost? And are there time limits on this parking? (Like can you just leave your car in that spot for a couple days?) Thanks!

englawyer

Silver

Post by englawyer » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:41 pm

i think its like $10. you can leave your car for quite some time..

for example, I had a day trip to NYC today. last night, i parked near the central square T station on a residential street, took the T to south station and then a bolt bus to nyc. I came back on the bus, the T again, and got my car and went home. pretty sweet and convenient!

the one thing to look out for is street cleaning. it happens everywhere once a month but on completely different days and weeks depending on the street (for obvious reasons). i do confess, my car has been towed due to this, but someone more organized will be able to avoid it :)

hmm that is a decent idea for an iphone app

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:57 pm

englawyer wrote:i think its like $10. you can leave your car for quite some time..

for example, I had a day trip to NYC today. last night, i parked near the central square T station on a residential street, took the T to south station and then a bolt bus to nyc. I came back on the bus, the T again, and got my car and went home. pretty sweet and convenient!

the one thing to look out for is street cleaning. it happens everywhere once a month but on completely different days and weeks depending on the street (for obvious reasons). i do confess, my car has been towed due to this, but someone more organized will be able to avoid it :)

hmm that is a decent idea for an iphone app
Sounds cool, are there residential spots that can be for like permanent parking? (i.e. wont get your car towed for random things like checks and cleaning)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”