In at Harvard! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Isa

New

Re: In at Harvard!

Post by Isa » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:55 pm

Btw does anyone know how to be removed from LSAC's list allowing law schools to contact you via email? These random emails are starting to become more obnoxious than amusing.

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:58 pm

lol just got the packet too...sitting outside in my living room. i havent opened it yet, but now im excited (i like to save doing interesting things for when i have to do something boring, which i will be forced do in about an hour...so ill open it then haha)

Lysis

Bronze

Post by Lysis » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:23 pm

The note is definitely a nice touch, even though it's brief.

Speaking of things that shouldn't matter but kinda do...I didn't get a bumper sticker. :(
Did everyone get one? Are they somewhere tricky within the packet?

chelita

New

Post by chelita » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:36 pm

for those of you who have gotten the packets already, when do they ask you to make a decision by?

bluedolphins

New

Post by bluedolphins » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:59 pm

soullesswonder wrote:This is awesome - ATL is reporting that HLS faculty voted to dump mandatory Low Passes in their classes. Previously, they had to hand out at least 8% LPs, but now it will be left to the discretion of faculty, which probably means that only Grade-A assholes and no-shows are at risk.
This is indeed AWESOME!!! Thanks for the update!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

zamd006

New

Post by zamd006 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:02 pm

Damn it I was hoping the packet would arrive today for me, but I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow...

bluedolphins

New

Post by bluedolphins » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:07 pm

Did the mail arrive by regular mail or FedEx? I may have to change my mailing address if it is FedEx.

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:14 pm

bluedolphins wrote:Did the mail arrive by regular mail or FedEx? I may have to change my mailing address if it is FedEx.
USPS Priority... they spent $5 shipping it fast to me, i feel liked...

alleyoop86

New

Post by alleyoop86 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:35 pm

chelita wrote:for those of you who have gotten the packets already, when do they ask you to make a decision by?
on the admitted students' site it says by May 1

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sabin

New

Post by sabin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:39 am

managamy wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:95% sure im going to HLS. i mean, it is my #1 choice, even over Yale and Stanford.

5% depends on my SO; complicated mess right now, though she SHOULD end up in Boston, never know - may be NY, so then id most likely choose Columbia instead (if i get in).
Pray that she ends up in Boston. Or pray that you don't get in to CLS.
My SO will be in Kuwait... so NYC-BOS you have it good =D

(Sorry pookie if you are reading this)

On a separate topic, any information on ASW? Do they normally pickup any of the tab or is air and hotel on us?

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:58 am

Lysis wrote:The note is definitely a nice touch, even though it's brief.

Speaking of things that shouldn't matter but kinda do...I didn't get a bumper sticker. :(
Did everyone get one? Are they somewhere tricky within the packet?
The bumper sticker does matter! I want one! :P

bluedolphins

New

Post by bluedolphins » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:04 am

Has anyone with mailing address abroad received the packet yet? Gosh, you guys make me so jealous! :twisted:

s419

New

Post by s419 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:34 am

Speaking of excitement about HLS, I just found out last night that they have an outdoor ice skating rink in the winter. There are not many activities in this world I enjoy more than ice skating and I also think it's a great de-stresser -- fresh air, moving fast...wonderful!. Has anyone seen the rink? Is it as fun as it sounds/do people actually use it?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

capitalacq

Silver

Post by capitalacq » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:37 am

s419 wrote:Speaking of excitement about HLS, I just found out last night that they have an outdoor ice skating rink in the winter. There are not many activities in this world I enjoy more than ice skating and I also think it's a great de-stresser -- fresh air, moving fast...wonderful!. Has anyone seen the rink? Is it as fun as it sounds/do people actually use it?
--LinkRemoved--

note the size

s419

New

Post by s419 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:29 pm

capitalacq wrote:
s419 wrote:Speaking of excitement about HLS, I just found out last night that they have an outdoor ice skating rink in the winter. There are not many activities in this world I enjoy more than ice skating and I also think it's a great de-stresser -- fresh air, moving fast...wonderful!. Has anyone seen the rink? Is it as fun as it sounds/do people actually use it?
--LinkRemoved--

note the size
I imagine it would be pretty small but that one is actually the Charles Hotel's ice skating rink -- HLS (according to what I've read and seen on a map) has a rink on campus on one of the yards (which is also volleyball pit when it gets warmer apparently). Haven't had any luck finding pictures yet though.

This is the closest I got: http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2004/ ... ir-skates/ with a picture of a guy building it!

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:30 pm

sabin wrote:
On a separate topic, any information on ASW? Do they normally pickup any of the tab or is air and hotel on us?
HLS will pay $50-$200 for airfare depending on distance and I don't think they provide housing, but there are cheap hotels. I'll probably try to room with friends who attend H UG. Its all on the admitted students site.
capitalacq wrote:
--LinkRemoved--

note the size
Is that the rink for HLS students Capital?? Looks awesome...

capitalacq

Silver

Post by capitalacq » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:47 pm

k found a link with the actual HLS rink:

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/2004/01 ... skate.html

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jpaul09

New

Post by jpaul09 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:39 am

We don't have a skating rink anymore. Budget cuts.

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:42 am

jpaul09 wrote:We don't have a skating rink anymore. Budget cuts.
Really? no plans to bring it back in the future?? DANG IT this was seriously on my top 3 reasons to go to HLS.

s419

New

Post by s419 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:44 am

SolarWind wrote:
jpaul09 wrote:We don't have a skating rink anymore. Budget cuts.
Really? no plans to bring it back in the future?? DANG IT this was seriously on my top 3 reasons to go to HLS.
Me too. This was like a cherry on top of the sundae. Petition?

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:02 am

Finally got the acceptance packet with the lovely letter, sticker, etc.!!! It makes the acceptance seem so much more real... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bluedolphins

New

Post by bluedolphins » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:28 am

managamy wrote:Finally got the acceptance packet with the lovely letter, sticker, etc.!!! It makes the acceptance seem so much more real... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Nice! Still waiting for mine here. Come on, letter...

Cooley70121

New

Post by Cooley70121 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Is anyone here already planning on attending the ASW? Would it be better to attend the first one or the second one?

alleyoop86

New

Post by alleyoop86 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:44 pm

Cooley70121 wrote:Is anyone here already planning on attending the ASW? Would it be better to attend the first one or the second one?
I'm debating between the first and second one, too. the first one will be colder, but the second one is around the time that lots of other schools have their ASWs... haha
Last edited by alleyoop86 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

mhopeful

New

Post by mhopeful » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:04 pm

Lol i think the colder time is actually better because for us west coast ppl, it gives us a better sense of the reality we will be facing---the weather is my greatest worry about harvard for sure :-)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”