In at Harvard! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GypsyGrL

New

Re: In at Harvard!

Post by GypsyGrL » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Oh boy, I am already the dumbest kid at HLS. Definitely the jitters!

Thanks for the response. I figured as much. :)

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:47 pm

NeuroticallyYours wrote:I'm joining this thread! I can't believe it - so happy!
LOL congrats NY -- if we're in the same section, on first day of class, scream out something insanely neurotic so i know you're in there! :P hahaha

i swear, i want to start finding out who the TLS posters are and match it up w/ reality. i will scream out your sn in the middle of class once outed lol!

The Dan

Bronze

Post by The Dan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:42 pm

GypsyGrL wrote:Holy !@#%^&^* I got in!!! Got JR 2 today.

I am truly shocked. You know how they say that every year people get in who think they don't have a chance? That's me. LSP gave me a "weak consider" at HLS, and I'm in 4 business days after JR1. I still can't believe it.

Yes, someone please get a FB group going - I am SO pumped to meet everyone!! Anybody know how many students usually live in dormitories vs. apartments their 1L year/what the roomie finding situation is?
There is already a facebook group. The link is somewhere in the first couple of pages in this thread.

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:42 pm

The Dan wrote:

I am truly shocked. You know how they say that every year people get in who think they don't have a chance? That's me. LSP gave me a "weak consider" at HLS, and I'm in 4 business days after JR1. I still can't believe it.

Yes, someone please get a FB group going - I am SO pumped to meet everyone!! Anybody know how many students usually live in dormitories vs. apartments their 1L year/what the roomie finding situation is?
There is already a facebook group. The link is somewhere in the first couple of pages in this thread.
You still applying to Yale Dan? cause u'r in if you apply and off u can go hahaha...

but yeah i still haven't even written my 250..... cause realistically I might still go to H over Y so why waste the time? :mrgreen:

The Dan

Bronze

Post by The Dan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:49 pm

SolarWind wrote:
The Dan wrote:

You still applying to Yale Dan? cause u'r in if you apply and off u can go hahaha...

but yeah i still haven't even written my 250..... cause realistically I might still go to H over Y so why waste the time? :mrgreen:

I'm still applying. Still haven't figured out what to write for my 250 yet though. I appreciate your vote of confidence, but I don't think it's such a sure thing. If my app gets sent to committee, who knows what those 3 randomly chosen professors will be looking for?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:51 pm

The Dan wrote:
SolarWind wrote:
The Dan wrote:

I'm still applying. Still haven't figured out what to write for my 250 yet though. I appreciate your vote of confidence, but I don't think it's such a sure thing. If my app gets sent to committee, who knows what those 3 randomly chosen professors will be looking for?
i bet one of those things will be 4.0/180 stats :P

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:51 pm

The Dan wrote:
SolarWind wrote:

Actually... i think the people with your stats go through a expedited process that doesn't require committee review. So profs might not even look at your apps before they accept you :mrgreen:

bluedolphins

New

Post by bluedolphins » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:59 pm

SolarWind wrote:
GypsyGrL wrote:Should have said in my former post that I heard this new in a voicemail so did not get to thank him on the phone.
GypsyGrL wrote:P.S. Did anyone calls JR back to thank him or would that just be annoying?
International student or just jittery hands from excitement?? hahaha :mrgreen:

As for calling him back, I don't think that's necessary. He's pretty busy usually when calls go out trying to contact other people. Congrats on the JR2 tho!
I did write JR a thank-you email after I got my acceptance email from him. I was waiting for the call all afternoon and it never came(my phone probably wasn't working...). I really appreciated JR sending the email instead of having me wait for my package. He saved me from thinking that I have been rejected.

The Dan

Bronze

Post by The Dan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:59 pm

SolarWind wrote:
The Dan wrote:
SolarWind wrote:

Actually... i think the people with your stats go through a expedited process that doesn't require committee review. So profs might not even look at your apps before they accept you :mrgreen:
I'm not sure the expedited process is determined entirely by stats. Some LSN profiles worry me.

Like these:
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/mwalsh/jd
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/123lawkid/jd
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/staycalm/jd

Maybe I'm just paranoid. But aren't we all a little neurotic?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:03 pm

The Dan wrote:
SolarWind wrote:
The Dan wrote:
SolarWind wrote:

I'm not sure the expedited process is determined entirely by stats. Some LSN profiles worry me.

Like these:

To be fair, i think those examples are either 1) Weak major/university + Lack of Softs & 2) Major errors on applications.

There are much more weird things going on for those 3 than just rejections by Yale.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:06 pm

[quote="SolarWind]

1) Weak major/university + Lack of Softs & 2) Major errors on applications.

There are much more weird things going on for those 3 than just rejections by Yale.[/quote]

Hmm, they scare me too. A UC is not that weak a university. Maybe they sent a "why Harvard" to Yale? One of them can't be too smart, turning down HLS for GULC.

EDIT: Turning down SLS for GULC (the middle guy).

The Dan

Bronze

Post by The Dan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:10 pm

managamy wrote:Hmm, they scare me too. A UC is not that weak a university. Maybe they sent a "why Harvard" to Yale? One of them can't be too smart, turning down HLS for GULC.

I'd say he's probably reasonably smart if he got into SLS and got a full ride from GULC. I'm sure he had his reasons.

Lyov Myshkin

Bronze

Post by Lyov Myshkin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:11 pm

managamy wrote:[
number 2 has to be a flame. he's urm 179, 4.0 and didn't get into harvard.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:12 pm

The Dan wrote:
managamy wrote:Hmm, they scare me too. A UC is not that weak a university. Maybe they sent a "why Harvard" to Yale? One of them can't be too smart, turning down HLS for GULC.

I'd say he's probably reasonably smart if he got into SLS and got a full ride from GULC. I'm sure he had his reasons.
Trading a 3 for a 14? Ugh. Well, any SLS admits out there are welcome to trade me their acceptance for my GULC acceptance anytime. :P

Celibidache

New

Post by Celibidache » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:13 pm

managamy wrote:
The Dan wrote:

Trading a 3 for a 14? Ugh. Well, any SLS admits out there are welcome to trade me their acceptance for my GULC acceptance anytime. :P
Not all of us are filthy, elitist whores. :D

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:18 pm

Celibidache wrote:
managamy wrote:
The Dan wrote:

Not all of us are filthy, elitist whores. :D
Haha. I'm just grateful to have the opportunity to be a filthy, elitist male-whore. :D

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:47 pm

The Dan wrote:
SolarWind wrote:
The Dan wrote:
SolarWind wrote:

Like these:

some in this thread more than others :P NY, care to chime in? hahaha jp

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hermione0901

New

Post by hermione0901 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:15 pm

managamy wrote:
The Dan wrote:

+1 I might throw in a plate of cookies with that deal, if there are any takers!

As my friends keep reminding me, though, we're all IN AT HARVARD!!! Whether we get into Stanford or not, we're doing just fine. :)

hermione0901

New

Post by hermione0901 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:17 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
some in this thread more than others :P NY, care to chime in? hahaha jp[/quote]

I feel like it's a given of reading/posting on these threads that we're just a shade neurotic. But we can all be neurotic together, so it's okay, right?

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:29 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:32 pm

booby87 wrote:
The Dan wrote:

The link to the facebook group just brings me to the main fb page. What's the name of the group? Is everyone ITT a member? Thanks :D
Not a Facebook person; I'm a Twitter person.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:35 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Dan

Bronze

Post by The Dan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:36 pm

booby87 wrote:
The Dan wrote:

The link to the facebook group just brings me to the main fb page. What's the name of the group? Is everyone ITT a member? Thanks :D

The group is "Harvard Law School - Class of 2013". I'm not a member, but I will join if/when I make my final decision to go there.

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:37 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:40 pm

[quote="booby87]

you don't have a facebook?!?!?! even my MOM has a facebook! lol[/quote]

No, facebook doesn't really suit my interests. On the other hand, Twitter is perfect for what I like to do.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”