Southwestern

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
misled_drummer
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 11:13 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby misled_drummer » Thu May 13, 2010 2:55 am

jdhopeful2010 wrote:I've been in communication with the offices and it seems like they are trying to help me out, so right now I am just playing it by ear. Feeling much better as of today. :)

I will have some company on the trip so we are driving straight through. A friend of mine does the drive with her aunt and they just switch off sleeping and driving. Should be interesting and entertaining. :shock:


Good luck on the trip. I sent an email about an extension and a possible switch into the part time program but I have yet to receive a reply. I decided to visit the campus yesterday and got some bad news: extension and switch seem very unlikely.

I, like some of you, find myself in a tough situation. I am currently waitlisted at USF and waiting for a final decision, which will most likely happen after Southwestern's deposit deadline. Looks like I'll be submitting my deposit on Friday and if something happens with USF, I'll deal with it then. Why did Southwestern have to accept me PT :(

itforthat
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 6:24 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby itforthat » Thu May 13, 2010 4:02 am

I'm still waiting on a decision from Southwestern...

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Thu May 13, 2010 4:17 am

itforthat wrote:I'm still waiting on a decision from Southwestern...



How long has it been?

What are your stats?

cubedweller
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby cubedweller » Thu May 13, 2010 1:52 pm

itforthat wrote:I'm still waiting on a decision from Southwestern...


Same here.. :( I went complete on 2/26..

Norwood
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Norwood » Thu May 13, 2010 3:32 pm

I have the same complete and in review date. No news either.

soconnor
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby soconnor » Thu May 13, 2010 7:56 pm

I was wondering if anyone received the same message in their status checker? I was wait-listed about a month ago and have been waiting for some sign of movement. Today I noticed a change in the "mailings" section that a "wait-list update letter" was sent on the 12th. Did anyone receive this letter who could help me make sense of it?

User avatar
lawschoolmike
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby lawschoolmike » Thu May 13, 2010 9:53 pm

soconnor wrote:I was wondering if anyone received the same message in their status checker? I was wait-listed about a month ago and have been waiting for some sign of movement. Today I noticed a change in the "mailings" section that a "wait-list update letter" was sent on the 12th. Did anyone receive this letter who could help me make sense of it?


Thank you for posting this message I missed it the first time I checked the statues checker today. I got that same message "Wait-List Update Letter" and it's dated 05/12/2010. I live about 20 minutes from the school so as soon as I get it I'll post up the results. Maybe it's a decision or maybe it's a letter explaining how all seats are full sorry blah blah blah.

I really need something good to happen soon, my job is in the dumps, friends in the dumpster next to it, the only place I am in for sure is Whittier and waitlisted everywhere else. Whittier is really not an option for me (or anyone really) so im SOL at the moment. Good luck to everyone and hope ya guys get in. I apologize for my rants about work, etc it's just I don't have anywhere else to vent, ya I know it's pathetic.

My Wait-List Reply form was received 4/6, I did write the optional essay, and I sent in a LOCI about a 1 1/2 weeks ago.

I did some research on LSN and I determined (with the info provided) that the earliest person that got selected from the wait list last year was in July. But many others (the majority) did not mention when they got selected so it's probably an inaccurate date.

Anyway good luck again.

soconnor
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby soconnor » Thu May 13, 2010 10:39 pm

lawschoolmike wrote:
soconnor wrote:I was wondering if anyone received the same message in their status checker? I was wait-listed about a month ago and have been waiting for some sign of movement. Today I noticed a change in the "mailings" section that a "wait-list update letter" was sent on the 12th. Did anyone receive this letter who could help me make sense of it?


Thank you for posting this message I missed it the first time I checked the statues checker today. I got that same message "Wait-List Update Letter" and it's dated 05/12/2010. I live about 20 minutes from the school so as soon as I get it I'll post up the results. Maybe it's a decision or maybe it's a letter explaining how all seats are full sorry blah blah blah.

I really need something good to happen soon, my job is in the dumps, friends in the dumpster next to it, the only place I am in for sure is Whittier and waitlisted everywhere else. Whittier is really not an option for me (or anyone really) so im SOL at the moment. Good luck to everyone and hope ya guys get in. I apologize for my rants about work, etc it's just I don't have anywhere else to vent, ya I know it's pathetic.

My Wait-List Reply form was received 4/6, I did write the optional essay, and I sent in a LOCI about a 1 1/2 weeks ago.

I did some research on LSN and I determined (with the info provided) that the earliest person that got selected from the wait list last year was in July. But many others (the majority) did not mention when they got selected so it's probably an inaccurate date.

Anyway good luck again.


I am in the same boat as you. I got in Western State and have had some real bad luck lately (my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer and doesn't have much longer) so I could really use some good news right about now. Blah blah blah...I know.

I turned in the response essay to both questions, I supplied a deans certification, updated transcripts, three more letters of recommendation and a LOCI. Let me know if you get anything before me. I also live about 20 minutes from Southwestern and didn't get it today either.

Good luck to everyone and hope to see you in fall!

cubedweller
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby cubedweller » Fri May 14, 2010 11:04 am

Norwood wrote:I have the same complete and in review date. No news either.


My "Current Status Date" just changed from 2/26/10 to 5/13/10.. my File is still "complete and in review" though.. ::crossing my fingers::

User avatar
raperez129
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby raperez129 » Fri May 14, 2010 11:38 am

Final decision mailed 5/12/10..... :shock:

But then I got an email today that says, "Dear Students, hope your doing well and your experience with Southwestern continues to be enjoyable....." :?

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Fri May 14, 2010 11:47 am

raperez129 wrote:Final decision mailed 5/12/10..... :shock:

But then I got an email today that says, "Dear Students, hope your doing well and your experience with Southwestern continues to be enjoyable....." :?


No email here, lol.

It looks like you may be in.

User avatar
lawschoolmike
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby lawschoolmike » Fri May 14, 2010 4:12 pm

SwollenMonkey wrote:
raperez129 wrote:Final decision mailed 5/12/10..... :shock:

But then I got an email today that says, "Dear Students, hope your doing well and your experience with Southwestern continues to be enjoyable....." :?


No email here, lol.

It looks like you may be in.



Some waitlisters and new decisions sent out 5/12. Hope it's good news. The e-mail from SwollenMonkey: ""Dear Students, hope your doing well and your experience with Southwestern continues to be enjoyable....." I am thinking they added your e-mail to the student (e-)mailing list. So, it's likely that you got in. Good luck!

Have we determined if SW sends out acceptances/rejections/waitlists in batches or is it mixed?


I am thinking i'll get the letter today (I am a waitlister ) statues update was on 5/12 and I live about 20 mins from SW.

soconnor
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby soconnor » Fri May 14, 2010 6:28 pm

lawschoolmike wrote:
SwollenMonkey wrote:
raperez129 wrote:Final decision mailed 5/12/10..... :shock:

But then I got an email today that says, "Dear Students, hope your doing well and your experience with Southwestern continues to be enjoyable....." :?


No email here, lol.

It looks like you may be in.



Some waitlisters and new decisions sent out 5/12. Hope it's good news. The e-mail from SwollenMonkey: ""Dear Students, hope your doing well and your experience with Southwestern continues to be enjoyable....." I am thinking they added your e-mail to the student (e-)mailing list. So, it's likely that you got in. Good luck!

Have we determined if SW sends out acceptances/rejections/waitlists in batches or is it mixed?



I am thinking i'll get the letter today (I am a waitlister ) statues update was on 5/12 and I live about 20 mins from SW.



I received my letter. It is just a confirmation of the waitlist. Nothing more or less. It is letting me know that they are waiting for seat deposits and will be making decisions as seats become available. They also state that they will be making calls to those who are accepted.

Oh well...back to the waiting game. :|

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Fri May 14, 2010 6:32 pm

soconnor wrote:
lawschoolmike wrote:
SwollenMonkey wrote:
raperez129 wrote:Final decision mailed 5/12/10..... :shock:

But then I got an email today that says, "Dear Students, hope your doing well and your experience with Southwestern continues to be enjoyable....." :?


No email here, lol.

It looks like you may be in.



Some waitlisters and new decisions sent out 5/12. Hope it's good news. The e-mail from SwollenMonkey: ""Dear Students, hope your doing well and your experience with Southwestern continues to be enjoyable....." I am thinking they added your e-mail to the student (e-)mailing list. So, it's likely that you got in. Good luck!

Have we determined if SW sends out acceptances/rejections/waitlists in batches or is it mixed?



I am thinking i'll get the letter today (I am a waitlister ) statues update was on 5/12 and I live about 20 mins from SW.



I received my letter. It is just a confirmation of the waitlist. Nothing more or less. It is letting me know that they are waiting for seat deposits and will be making decisions as seats become available. They also state that they will be making calls to those who are accepted.

Oh well...back to the waiting game. :|


I received the wait-list letter and turned it in today. Just got back from SW. Traffic is a bitch, but it's all good. I'll be waiting. LSN shows more withdrawals, which is always good.

User avatar
linkbruin
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 2:04 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby linkbruin » Sat May 15, 2010 2:10 am

Anyone else still waiting on a decision? I've been complete since 03/26 and still waiting. Slightly impatient on my part, but deadlines are approaching and I would like to make the best decision. Does SW snail mail status, or do they update it on status checker?

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Sat May 15, 2010 1:26 pm

linkbruin wrote:Anyone else still waiting on a decision? I've been complete since 03/26 and still waiting. Slightly impatient on my part, but deadlines are approaching and I would like to make the best decision. Does SW snail mail status, or do they update it on status checker?


They tend to snail mail the status, but they do update the status checker. However, the status checker is not updated with the precise wording of the snail mail letter. In short, you'll have to wait for snail mail.

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Mr. Matlock » Sat May 15, 2010 1:34 pm

SwollenMonkey wrote:
linkbruin wrote:Anyone else still waiting on a decision? I've been complete since 03/26 and still waiting. Slightly impatient on my part, but deadlines are approaching and I would like to make the best decision. Does SW snail mail status, or do they update it on status checker?


They tend to snail mail the status, but they do update the status checker. However, the status checker is not updated with the precise wording of the snail mail letter. In short, you'll have to wait for snail mail.

I was WL'd and informed by status checker that a letter to be on the waitlist was mailed. It seems that if you're accepted or rejected, it changes to decision rendered. However, if you then start receiving student emails, you can assume you've been admitted.

cubedweller
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby cubedweller » Sat May 15, 2010 1:42 pm

linkbruin wrote:Anyone else still waiting on a decision? I've been complete since 03/26 and still waiting. Slightly impatient on my part, but deadlines are approaching and I would like to make the best decision. Does SW snail mail status, or do they update it on status checker?


I'm still waiting and have been complete since 2/26... my status checker date updated recently to say 5/13 but still says "File complete and in review"... hopefully I'll hear something soon..

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Mon May 17, 2010 7:10 pm

For those that turned in the recently mailed and second wait-list reply form, has your status updated on SW's website? I turned mine in on Fri 5-14-10 and it has not updated.

Oakley84
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 1:31 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Oakley84 » Mon May 17, 2010 7:19 pm

I am still waiting, turned in my file 3/1/2010. Complete and in review - reads status.

User avatar
lawschoolmike
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby lawschoolmike » Mon May 17, 2010 9:08 pm

Do we have to submit the second wait list reply? I was under the impression that you need only fill it out if there was any changes to contact info.

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Mon May 17, 2010 9:32 pm

lawschoolmike wrote:Do we have to submit the second wait list reply? I was under the impression that you need only fill it out if there was any changes to contact info.



According to the letter that was sent with the wait-list form, I understood that we should fill it out and return it immediately. This is so they can know if we're still interested in waiting.

cubedweller
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby cubedweller » Tue May 18, 2010 6:22 pm

5/18 -- "Offer to be on wait-list has been sent" :( ..oh well.. I guess I'll be joining another WL.

User avatar
lawschoolmike
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby lawschoolmike » Tue May 18, 2010 9:10 pm

cubedweller wrote:5/18 -- "Offer to be on wait-list has been sent" :( ..oh well.. I guess I'll be joining another WL.


Welcome to the club

lawchampion
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby lawchampion » Tue May 18, 2010 10:07 pm

05/18: final decision has been mailed. No emails, no calls. What you guys think? Any of you got any positive or negative signs before getting the official letter?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ashrice13, Baidu [Spider], Google Adsense [Bot] and 7 guests