Southwestern

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rossrobert
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby rossrobert » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:44 pm

Do schools receive a copy of your actual transcript that is sent to LSAC or only the LSDAS report that LSAC generates?

User avatar
onthecusp
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:08 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby onthecusp » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:49 pm

rossrobert wrote:Do schools receive a copy of your actual transcript that is sent to LSAC or only the LSDAS report that LSAC generates?


They receive the actual transcripts that may contain information not listed on the LSAC report that you see.

User avatar
lawschoolmike
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby lawschoolmike » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:21 pm

"Decision Pending" 3/25

rossrobert
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby rossrobert » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:26 pm

my app went from "ready to review" yesterday to "in review" today

User avatar
chango
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:28 am

Scholarship

Postby chango » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:46 am

How long after the scholarship interview does it take to find out the actual offer?

User avatar
SoCalStudent
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:50 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SoCalStudent » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:06 am

Hey guys. What are the stats like for SWLS? My undergrad GPA is 2.97 (or 2.96, not sure), and my grad GPA is 3.53. What LSAT score do I need to pull off? Haven't looked into SWLS, but it seems like a nice option.

User avatar
GoodToBeTheKing
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:15 am

SoCalStudent wrote:Hey guys. What are the stats like for SWLS? My undergrad GPA is 2.97 (or 2.96, not sure), and my grad GPA is 3.53. What LSAT score do I need to pull off? Haven't looked into SWLS, but it seems like a nice option.


http://www.lsac.org

littlepiggie818
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby littlepiggie818 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:10 pm

chango wrote:How long after the scholarship interview does it take to find out the actual offer?


When I had my interview, they told me it would take about two weeks before they would let me know.

jdhopeful2010
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby jdhopeful2010 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:11 pm

lawschoolmike wrote:"Decision Pending" 3/25


When did you go into review? I was in review about a week and a half ago, then last week got a call from a lady in admissions to ask me some questions, but nothing on my page yet. After the phone call I'm on pins and needles!!!

User avatar
Veridian
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:49 pm

Re: Scholarship

Postby Veridian » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:15 pm

chango wrote:How long after the scholarship interview does it take to find out the actual offer?



I'm pretty new here, but I thought I'd reply. I interviewed for a scholarship in mid-Feb., and it probably took about two weeks for a letter to come in the mail with an offer.

rossrobert
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby rossrobert » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:17 pm

jdhopeful2010 wrote:
lawschoolmike wrote:"Decision Pending" 3/25


When did you go into review? I was in review about a week and a half ago, then last week got a call from a lady in admissions to ask me some questions, but nothing on my page yet. After the phone call I'm on pins and needles!!!



What questions did she ask you? when did you submit your application?

jdhopeful2010
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby jdhopeful2010 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:22 pm

rossrobert wrote:
jdhopeful2010 wrote:
lawschoolmike wrote:"Decision Pending" 3/25


When did you go into review? I was in review about a week and a half ago, then last week got a call from a lady in admissions to ask me some questions, but nothing on my page yet. After the phone call I'm on pins and needles!!!



What questions did she ask you? when did you submit your application?


She said she noticed I was in a Masters program and wanted to know my exact graduation date. She also asked about moving to LA (from east coast)...whether I'd be able to do it, if I friends and family in the area that would be able to help me, and then she asked if I had considered the part-time program at all, or if I would add it to my application if it would strengthen it. I submitted my app in Feb, but took the Feb LSAT...I had gone into review already but asked them to hold until my new scores came and they did, then I went into review two weeks ago today.

rossrobert
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby rossrobert » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:35 pm

jdhopeful2010 wrote:
rossrobert wrote:
jdhopeful2010 wrote:
lawschoolmike wrote:"Decision Pending" 3/25


When did you go into review? I was in review about a week and a half ago, then last week got a call from a lady in admissions to ask me some questions, but nothing on my page yet. After the phone call I'm on pins and needles!!!



What questions did she ask you? when did you submit your application?


She said she noticed I was in a Masters program and wanted to know my exact graduation date. She also asked about moving to LA (from east coast)...whether I'd be able to do it, if I friends and family in the area that would be able to help me, and then she asked if I had considered the part-time program at all, or if I would add it to my application if it would strengthen it. I submitted my app in Feb, but took the Feb LSAT...I had gone into review already but asked them to hold until my new scores came and they did, then I went into review two weeks ago today.



Did you add the part-time? Also, would you mind sharing your stats?

star10
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:17 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby star10 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:03 pm

will be withdrawing today with 20K...good luck everyone!

Soul Minded
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Soul Minded » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:14 pm

Did any of you guys go to the scholarship event last week that are going to be attending next year?

littlepiggie818
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby littlepiggie818 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:18 pm

Soul Minded wrote:Did any of you guys go to the scholarship event last week that are going to be attending next year?


I did attend the scholarship event and I submitted my deposit the next day.

User avatar
onthecusp
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:08 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby onthecusp » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:45 pm

SoCalStudent wrote:Hey guys. What are the stats like for SWLS? My undergrad GPA is 2.97 (or 2.96, not sure), and my grad GPA is 3.53. What LSAT score do I need to pull off? Haven't looked into SWLS, but it seems like a nice option.


Probably a 160 or above.... it seems anything lower is an automatic waitlist according to LSN with a GPA under 3.

Soul Minded
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Soul Minded » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:55 pm

littlepiggie818 wrote:
Soul Minded wrote:Did any of you guys go to the scholarship event last week that are going to be attending next year?


I did attend the scholarship event and I submitted my deposit the next day.


So did I, guess I will be seeing you on campus next year.

The dean and all the administrators seemed super approachable and it felt like the right choice.

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Danteshek » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:34 am

Today we had the third round of the Intermural Moot Court Competition at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse downtown. Alumni judged. 98 students argued and only 16 advance to the octa-finals. We'll find out this week who moves on. This was the first elimination round. The writing competition runs parallel and independent from the oral competition. Top 16 briefs get an award. I will let the forum know if I receive an award in one of the categories.

rossrobert
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby rossrobert » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:07 am

Who has been accepted to the Part-Time program? Stats?

schnazdoodle
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Scholarship

Postby schnazdoodle » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:28 pm

chango wrote:How long after the scholarship interview does it take to find out the actual offer?


Interviewed on 2/4, scholarship offer received on 3/17!!

I got a full-tuition offer, though - so, I'm okay with having waited so long!

schnazdoodle
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby schnazdoodle » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:36 pm

Soul Minded wrote:
littlepiggie818 wrote:
Soul Minded wrote:Did any of you guys go to the scholarship event last week that are going to be attending next year?


I did attend the scholarship event and I submitted my deposit the next day.


So did I, guess I will be seeing you on campus next year.

The dean and all the administrators seemed super approachable and it felt like the right choice.


I also went to the event -- it was pretty crowded! I also spoke with the Dean - who spoke about plans for the school in the coming years. He seemed very matter-of-fact and approachable.

The professors and current students I spoke with were very friendly, and answered my questions honestly. One of them spoke about the Dean's current obsession with student happiness/contentment.

I'm fairly certain I'll be submitting my seat deposit in the next few days... :)

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Danteshek » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:48 pm

Excellent. What are you interested in?

Temka
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Temka » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:19 pm

submitted my seat deposit, though I am still waiting on some schools which I would go to if accepted (wont let me know until April).

User avatar
SoCalStudent
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:50 am

Re: Scholarship

Postby SoCalStudent » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:43 am

schnazdoodle wrote:
chango wrote:How long after the scholarship interview does it take to find out the actual offer?


Interviewed on 2/4, scholarship offer received on 3/17!!

I got a full-tuition offer, though - so, I'm okay with having waited so long!


Congrates!! Nothing like going to school for free! :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cyclawps, tylergreenandgold, xn3345 and 9 guests