Southwestern

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
littlepiggie818
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby littlepiggie818 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:55 pm

Danteshek wrote:Got the offer from the Securities and Exchange Commission. Going to DC this summer!


Congratulation! That sounds so great!

User avatar
chango
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby chango » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:03 pm

holy crap. I just got accepted at Loyola.

My life just got a lot more complicated.

Temka
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Temka » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:14 pm

chango wrote:holy crap. I just got accepted at Loyola.

My life just got a lot more complicated.

Congrats! You should wait to see how much money you get. If SW gives a lot more, you should go to SW, but if the price for the two is similar I think it would be hard to not go to Loyola...

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:19 pm

Danteshek wrote:Got the offer from the Securities and Exchange Commission. Going to DC this summer!


Congrats!

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:24 pm

chango wrote:holy crap. I just got accepted at Loyola.

My life just got a lot more complicated.


Congrats on LLS.

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Danteshek » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:24 pm

.
Last edited by Danteshek on Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdhopeful2010
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby jdhopeful2010 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:21 pm

Hey there! Anyone got complete and in review recently? I'm trying to get an idea of how long decisions are taking...although I know it varies TREMENDOUSLY!

Also, CONGRATS to everyone thats gotten in so far! I'm on the East coast, but have visited the LA area a bunch of times and am in love with it....hoping to make the big move this summer :D

rossrobert
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby rossrobert » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:55 pm

I am getting so anxious since my status still says "Pending LSDAS report" since 3/3. Did anyone elses stay like this for 2 weeks?

Also, I know this is probably a dumb question, but the people that work in the admissions office, are they the ones who review your application or do they hand it off to other people to look at?

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Danteshek » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:41 pm

rossrobert wrote:I am getting so anxious since my status still says "Pending LSDAS report" since 3/3. Did anyone elses stay like this for 2 weeks?

Also, I know this is probably a dumb question, but the people that work in the admissions office, are they the ones who review your application or do they hand it off to other people to look at?


2 weeks is not a very long time.

Patience is a virtue
Learn it if you can
Seldom in a woman
Never in a man

-Anonymous

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:47 pm

rossrobert wrote:I am getting so anxious since my status still says "Pending LSDAS report" since 3/3. Did anyone elses stay like this for 2 weeks?

Also, I know this is probably a dumb question, but the people that work in the admissions office, are they the ones who review your application or do they hand it off to other people to look at?


I've been in review since 2-05.

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:10 pm

Hi.

I applied to SWLS.

Submitted on 1-22-2010.
In review from 02-05-2010 to 03-18-2010.
Pending decision from 03-18-2010 to ?

jdhopeful2010
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby jdhopeful2010 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:58 pm

Hey! So I'm freaking out. This lady just called from SW admissions to ask when I would be done with my masters program. She also asked if I would consider the part-time program...I said yes but obviously I'd rather be full-time...what do you guys think this means?! HELP!!!!!!

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Danteshek » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:09 pm

jdhopeful2010 wrote:Hey! So I'm freaking out. This lady just called from SW admissions to ask when I would be done with my masters program. She also asked if I would consider the part-time program...I said yes but obviously I'd rather be full-time...what do you guys think this means?! HELP!!!!!!


This means they are considering you for admission. :D
It's not an easy task to fill up four different JD programs!

jdhopeful2010
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby jdhopeful2010 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:50 pm

Danteshek wrote:
jdhopeful2010 wrote:Hey! So I'm freaking out. This lady just called from SW admissions to ask when I would be done with my masters program. She also asked if I would consider the part-time program...I said yes but obviously I'd rather be full-time...what do you guys think this means?! HELP!!!!!!


This means they are considering you for admission. :D
It's not an easy task to fill up four different JD programs!


Ah! thats awesome, I got so excited when the 213 number popped up I must have looked like a complete idiot walking around Bed Bath Beyond with a gigantic smile on my way. Does adding part-time as an option mean I will be offered the part-time program and not the full-time. Like I said, I freaked out so I kind of just said yes to anything...I really wanted to say JUST LET ME IN! I need a drink...

User avatar
chango
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby chango » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:04 pm

I need a drink...



Ah, spoken like a true law school student.
:wink:

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:24 am

SwollenMonkey wrote:Hi.

I applied to SWLS.

Submitted on 1-22-2010.
In review from 02-05-2010 to 03-18-2010.
Pending decision from 03-18-2010 to ?



Pending decision from 03-18-2010 to 03-18-2010. Wait-listed. Oh well, I'll ride it out and see what happens.

rossrobert
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby rossrobert » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:16 am

SwollenMonkey wrote:
SwollenMonkey wrote:Hi.

I applied to SWLS.

Submitted on 1-22-2010.
In review from 02-05-2010 to 03-18-2010.
Pending decision from 03-18-2010 to ?



Pending decision from 03-18-2010 to 03-18-2010. Wait-listed. Oh well, I'll ride it out and see what happens.


If you don't mind me asking did you apply for just the FT program or did you check off for the PT programs as well?

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:55 am

rossrobert wrote:
SwollenMonkey wrote:
SwollenMonkey wrote:Hi.

I applied to SWLS.

Submitted on 1-22-2010.
In review from 02-05-2010 to 03-18-2010.
Pending decision from 03-18-2010 to ?



Pending decision from 03-18-2010 to 03-18-2010. Wait-listed. Oh well, I'll ride it out and see what happens.


If you don't mind me asking did you apply for just the FT program or did you check off for the PT programs as well?


Only FT.

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:12 pm

So now that I'm on the wait-list, what can I do? Does anyone have an idea as to how wait-list work? Who gets admitted after being placed on the wait-list?

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:12 pm

SwollenMonkey wrote:So now that I'm on the wait-list, what can I do? Does anyone have an idea as to how wait-list work? Who gets admitted after being placed on the wait-list?



I have just received the wait-list letter from SWLS. What happens if I do not write the additional statements? What happens if I do?


I'm going to fill it out and send it ASAP as this is my first choice.

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Danteshek » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:53 pm

Just received an offer to extern in Fall 2010 with a federal magistrate judge.

littlepiggie818
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby littlepiggie818 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:07 pm

Danteshek wrote:Just received an offer to extern in Fall 2010 with a federal magistrate judge.


I wonder if these kind of things would happen to me if I go to Southwestern. :D

Congratulation Danteshek! It seems like everything is going really well for you.

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Danteshek wrote:Just received an offer to extern in Fall 2010 with a federal magistrate judge.


Good job. Way to promote the school and yourself.

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Danteshek » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Outcomes obviously vary quite a bit. You can influence your outcome by 1) getting good grades your first semester of law school, and 2) being aggressive in your job search.

rossrobert
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby rossrobert » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:24 am

I know I posted something similiar last week, however my status still says "pending LSDAS report" going on to 3 weeks now. Has this been the same case for other people as well? every other school I applied to has all my materials, even the ones I sent after this application.

Also, I think I read how someone said it could take 8-10 weeks to reach a decision. How much time do you have to wait between your file being complete to it going into review?

August will be here before we know it and as I live on the East Coast, I would have to move. Do you think there is any chance I will hear in April about my decision?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”