Southwestern

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
filmbuff
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:37 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby filmbuff » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Hi Dante! Thank you so much for the congrats. Congrats. to you also, of course, for your transfer to Loyola. (May both schools become T1 by next year!). Gosh, the thought of zero commute vs. 4 hrs. per day is the biggest thrill of all.

bigmnstyle
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:28 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby bigmnstyle » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:54 am

filmbuff wrote:Hi Dante! Thank you so much for the congrats. Congrats. to you also, of course, for your transfer to Loyola. (May both schools become T1 by next year!). Gosh, the thought of zero commute vs. 4 hrs. per day is the biggest thrill of all.


? lol

bigmnstyle
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:28 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby bigmnstyle » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:01 am


User avatar
linkbruin
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 2:04 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby linkbruin » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:17 am

bigmnstyle wrote:
filmbuff wrote:Hi Dante! Thank you so much for the congrats. Congrats. to you also, of course, for your transfer to Loyola. (May both schools become T1 by next year!). Gosh, the thought of zero commute vs. 4 hrs. per day is the biggest thrill of all.


? lol


They're talking about Pepperdine and Loyola.

filmbuff
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:37 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby filmbuff » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:12 pm

Sorry, yes, we were talking about Pepperdine and Loyola! I have been posting for a while since being accepted into SCALE at Southwestern and then switching to the trad. day, but always stressing over my huge commute and the fact that I have young children also factored in the mix, so it's the end (or absence!) of a long road of waiting and worrying for me while I was riding out Pepperdine's waitlist (a school literally on my doorstep!)

I will withdraw my spot from SW on Monday and, of course, that will set the waitlist calls in motion once more. Good luck to us all!

bigmnstyle
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:28 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby bigmnstyle » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:52 pm

Gotcha, don't think Loyola and Pepperdine are breaking T1 but anyways go check out that video I posted above hahaha. It is a my new haircut remix, law school style.

And gongrats to your acceptance nonetheless... I didn't apply to pepperdine (156 lsat and 3.4 gpa) but I heard it is a beautiful school-- just a little out of the area that I want to practice in.
Last edited by bigmnstyle on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

filmbuff
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:37 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby filmbuff » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:50 am

Thanks for the congrats! I don't know about not cracking T1: Pepperdine is 52 right now with Loyola at 56, so both are trying hard by cranking up the LSAT/GPA formulas. They can hope can't they?!!

bigmnstyle
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:28 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby bigmnstyle » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:39 pm

didn't know pepperdine was ranked that high. NVM, I don't really pay attention too much to all that but I did know Loyola was ranked in the 50's. So what is considered tier 1? top 25 or something like that? Or is it top 50?

Durhamdude
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Durhamdude » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:40 pm

this is a real bad place to go to law school

bigmnstyle
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:28 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby bigmnstyle » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:23 pm

Durhamdude wrote:this is a real bad place to go to law school



don't hurt my feelings :(

Salzburg2013
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Salzburg2013 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:55 pm

Durhamdude:why is it so bad?

justright157
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby justright157 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:27 pm

Shutup durhamdude.....not everyone can go to harvard....sw has a good reputation in la

User avatar
linkbruin
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 2:04 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby linkbruin » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:01 pm

Durhamdude is looking to get banned, and he hasn't even posted that much yet.

User avatar
lawschoolmike
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby lawschoolmike » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:56 pm

filmbuff wrote:Got accepted to Pepperdine Law School today. No phone calls, just a congratulations email -- quite the surprise!! So, I will be withdrawing from Southwestern's traditional day program likely by Monday, once I drop off my deposit at Pepperdine and get a receipt! I wish they would give my thousand dollar deposit to Law School Mike! Will check back in, but my very best wishes to you all.


Congrats Filmbuff!! Pepperdine is a great school + beautiful location + hot girls What else can ya ask for? Cheers to you from the inside (of wait list prison) Image


And thanks dude I appreciate it. I still have hope something will happen in the next final 2 weeks. Good luck to everyone @ school and those of us on the wait list.

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Danteshek » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:48 pm

bigmnstyle wrote:didn't know pepperdine was ranked that high. NVM, I don't really pay attention too much to all that but I did know Loyola was ranked in the 50's. So what is considered tier 1? top 25 or something like that? Or is it top 50?

filmbuff
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:37 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby filmbuff » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:32 pm

Thank you Lawschoolmike for the great toast! Since I am a dudette, I doubt the hot girls will be of much interest to me, but the ocean is not a bad view every day!

I formally withdrew from SW this morning and they have already confirmed in an email that they will offer my seat to another applicant. Looking forward to updates from you all!

User avatar
linkbruin
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 2:04 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby linkbruin » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:42 pm

filmbuff wrote:Thank you Lawschoolmike for the great toast! Since I am a dudette, I doubt the hot girls will be of much interest to me, but the ocean is not a bad view every day!

I formally withdrew from SW this morning and they have already confirmed in an email that they will offer my seat to another applicant. Looking forward to updates from you all!



I just got a call from SW offering me a spot in the day program, and I accepted it!!! I was called on Friday saying they were expecting movement this week, and they were just confirming my interest/feasibility of moving out to LA quickly. Good luck to all those still on the WL. And see the rest of you at Orientation on the 12th.

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Danteshek » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:31 pm

linkbruin wrote:
filmbuff wrote:Thank you Lawschoolmike for the great toast! Since I am a dudette, I doubt the hot girls will be of much interest to me, but the ocean is not a bad view every day!

I formally withdrew from SW this morning and they have already confirmed in an email that they will offer my seat to another applicant. Looking forward to updates from you all!



I just got a call from SW offering me a spot in the day program, and I accepted it!!! I was called on Friday saying they were expecting movement this week, and they were just confirming my interest/feasibility of moving out to LA quickly. Good luck to all those still on the WL. And see the rest of you at Orientation on the 12th.


Wow that was quick. I think you owe filmbuff a favor haha

User avatar
chango
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby chango » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:36 pm


Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Danteshek » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:54 pm


bigmnstyle
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:28 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby bigmnstyle » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:14 pm

hahaha, evening or day section?? Hopefully evening :)

JohnnyBeagle
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:34 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby JohnnyBeagle » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:34 pm

I'd probably get along with him pretty well

User avatar
linkbruin
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 2:04 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby linkbruin » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:03 am

Is it weird that I've never heard of the guy?

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Danteshek » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:09 am

linkbruin wrote:Is it weird that I've never heard of the guy?


No.

To be fair, Southwestern is in a unique position to attract unusual candidates from the entertainment industry.

Salzburg2013
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Salzburg2013 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:35 am

Random Question: Can someone give me feedback on the best school supplies to buy to start off? Will I even take notes in class or are classes more for discussion and not true lecture? Anyhow looking for tips and tricks in terms of what is the best way to capture and keep track of information ..thanks!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Aquinas, Automotomayor, carlos_danger, eastring, elcamino4, hwwong, Keilz, mccracal, tinafeyclone, Yitzhak26 and 21 guests