Southwestern

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
TX_blondie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:19 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby TX_blondie » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:26 pm

Birdman wrote:Really weird, when I originally applied I debated whether or not to put part time or full time down as my number one choice, because although I wanted to go full time I figured part time would give me a better shot at admission. I thought I had placed part time as my number one but on my status checker it has always said traditional day, so I figured I was just mistaken and had actually put day as my number one. Just looked at my application on lsac and I had in fact put part time as my number one choice... Did anyone else here apply with part time as their number one choice and did it say on the status checker under program time "part time evening"? Just curious, I really wish I had noticed this sooner, because it looks like they considered me for full time day admission and got wait listed under that instead of part time.



just double-checked my online status account, and mine says "traditional evening" (i applied for the PT night program for the same reason you described). i put the evening program as my #1 on the application AND on the same ranking portion of the waitlist reply form......occurred to me that you might have mis-numbered your preference on the waitlist acceptance form. but if it's always said "tradional day" on your status account, then it sounds like you're correct about them having considered your application for the full time program from the very beginning.

User avatar
TX_blondie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:19 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby TX_blondie » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:35 pm

TX_blondie wrote:
Birdman wrote:Really weird, when I originally applied I debated whether or not to put part time or full time down as my number one choice, because although I wanted to go full time I figured part time would give me a better shot at admission. I thought I had placed part time as my number one but on my status checker it has always said traditional day, so I figured I was just mistaken and had actually put day as my number one. Just looked at my application on lsac and I had in fact put part time as my number one choice... Did anyone else here apply with part time as their number one choice and did it say on the status checker under program time "part time evening"? Just curious, I really wish I had noticed this sooner, because it looks like they considered me for full time day admission and got wait listed under that instead of part time.



just double-checked my online status account, and mine says "traditional evening" (i applied for the PT night program for the same reason you described). i put the evening program as my #1 on the application AND on the same ranking portion of the waitlist reply form......occurred to me that you might have mis-numbered your preference on the waitlist acceptance form. but if it's always said "tradional day" on your status account, then it sounds like you're correct about them having considered your application for the full time program from the very beginning.


maybe it would help to call admissions and point out their possible mistake?? they might re-evaluate your application if they realize that they'd mistakenly considered your application and credentials for the wrong program. i would think they'd agree that it might have made the difference in your being accepted or waitlisted.

User avatar
Birdman
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:37 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby Birdman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:47 pm

Thanks! Yeah I was about to call and opted to email instead. Its a long and complicated question so I figured having it typed out would make it easier for them to answer. My guess is yeah they made a mistake but at the same time I noticed it and thought I was the one who made the mistake until like an hour ago. Ugh, oh well, I'll have to wait and see what they say.

User avatar
linkbruin
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 2:04 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby linkbruin » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:55 pm

Waitlisted today via status checker. Kinda disheartening this late in the game.

User avatar
Birdman
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:37 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby Birdman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:02 pm

linkbruin wrote:Waitlisted today via status checker. Kinda disheartening this late in the game.


We got a wait list party going on here, hopefully they'll go to it soon.

blahblahblah8
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:14 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby blahblahblah8 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:18 pm

I know a SCALE student who just started this past week. She's looking for a roommate. Her 2 bedroom apartment is right across Wilshire from Southwestern at the Wilshire/Vermont Station Apartments.

If you're interested let me know and I'll get you in touch with her.

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:45 pm

blahblahblah8 wrote:I know a SCALE student who just started this past week. She's looking for a roommate. Her 2 bedroom apartment is right across Wilshire from Southwestern at the Wilshire/Vermont Station Apartments.

If you're interested let me know and I'll get you in touch with her.



What was her wait-list status?

Was she WL, Accepted? Was SCALE her first choice? I need to know the answer to these questions before I consider living with her, lol.

Also, is she fat? No fat chicks!

Also, this location is the worst intersection to have as a place to live. Traffic is horrendous, the streets are filled with smelly people asking for change, there's a taco truck right across the street, and it is never quiet.

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:19 pm

I'm about 90% sure that I am going to quit waiting.

User avatar
Birdman
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:37 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby Birdman » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:36 pm

I was in fact reviewed as a part time evening applicant and wait listed (154, 3.12) even with applying way back in September. So either Southwestern is tightening their admissions standards for the evening program or there was something in my application they didn't like. Yeah getting off the wait list looks a lot less likely now.

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:46 pm

Birdman wrote:I was in fact reviewed as a part time evening applicant and wait listed (154, 3.12) even with applying way back in September. So either Southwestern is tightening their admissions standards for the evening program or there was something in my application they didn't like. Yeah getting off the wait list looks a lot less likely now.


Wow! I'm definitely not getting in. I applied in February and my numbers are only slightly better than yours.
Where you heading, if not Southwestern?

I'll be relocating to Orange County soon, lol. At least it's law school.

User avatar
GATORTIM
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby GATORTIM » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:23 pm

SwollenMonkey wrote:I'll be relocating to Orange County soon


You will love it! I'm def going to miss the OC...leaving in a month.

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:28 pm

GATORTIM wrote:
SwollenMonkey wrote:I'll be relocating to Orange County soon


You will love it! I'm def going to miss the OC...leaving in a month.


I'll be down there from LA. I'll be heading to OC in a month. :mrgreen:

User avatar
lawschoolmike
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby lawschoolmike » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:43 pm

Whittier it is... of course everyone going to whittier is going to want to transfer :)

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Danteshek » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:45 pm

lawschoolmike wrote:Whittier it is... of course everyone going to whittier is going to want to transfer :)


Good luck. Just go in with a good attitude and work hard. One of my good friends in LA was 7th in his class at Whittier and transferred to USD. He even made law review at USD.

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:32 am

Danteshek wrote:
lawschoolmike wrote:Whittier it is... of course everyone going to whittier is going to want to transfer :)


Good luck. Just go in with a good attitude and work hard. One of my good friends in LA was 7th in his class at Whittier and transferred to USD. He even made law review at USD.


Thanks for the advice.

User avatar
lawschoolmike
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby lawschoolmike » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:57 am

Swollen Monkey are you going to be Whittier too? The student mixer is this Saturday will you be attending?

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:49 am

lawschoolmike wrote:Swollen Monkey are you going to be Whittier too? The student mixer is this Saturday will you be attending?

I can't make the mixer, but I'll be attending Whittier if Chapman and SW don't offer anything.

User avatar
bamlax
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:53 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby bamlax » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:43 pm

Whittier does have some honeys...I would want to go to that mixer!

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby SwollenMonkey » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:06 pm

bamlax wrote:Whittier does have some honeys...I would want to go to that mixer!



I have to work, lol. :(

I'll be working through July unless I get fired, lol.

User avatar
Birdman
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:37 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby Birdman » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:46 pm

Does anyone know if they've gone to the wait list at all yet?

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Mr. Matlock » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:19 pm

Birdman wrote:Does anyone know if they've gone to the wait list at all yet?

No one has mentioned anything, but I doubt it. All the WL's are and have been flat. Deposits are all in, so I'd go out on a limb and say it's pretty much game over.

User avatar
Birdman
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:37 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby Birdman » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:40 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Yeah

filmbuff
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:37 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby filmbuff » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:35 pm

Not game over yet -- not by a long stretch!! Many schools still have to sort out partial refunds for people withdrawing after July 1st. Some schools have second deposits due July 1st, so at least a week to sort those out. Southwestern (as I posted earlier!) gives accepted students until June 30th to sign and accept their admission terms, your full year schedule etc. So again, after the first week of July should be when things start moving a bit with those who didn't sign on. I just renewed my waitlist interest at two schools who will then remove all those not renewing interest. So .... there's still a bit of trickle down hopefully coming your way!!

User avatar
Birdman
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:37 am

Re: Southwestern

Postby Birdman » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:30 pm

Yeah, I want to wait. But I need to get my housing situation sorted out. I keep watching great housing deals slip away in San Diego and its getting harder and harder to just hope I get into Southwestern or some other good deal will come up. I'll be moving from Michigan.

Norwood
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: Southwestern

Postby Norwood » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:04 pm

wow i'm shocked to see people talking about this cycle being over when I haven't even received my initial decision yet...i went in review on 2/26!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cowgirl, dsberkeley, Exabot [Bot], Kaziende, pandaaa, ray.bee and 17 guests