Southwestern Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bamlax

New

Re: Southwestern

Post by bamlax » Mon May 03, 2010 9:51 am

rossrobert wrote:for anyone that has been accepted, does anything appear in the "fees" box after your decision was made? I think if i remember correctly from reading earlier posts the answer was no, but just wanted to confirm. also, were you able to log on to webadvisor to check fin aid status? i live in ny and wonder when the letter will get here..
I was accepted last week and there is'nt anything in the "fees" box.

good luck all, SW 2010!

rossrobert

New

Post by rossrobert » Mon May 03, 2010 1:48 pm

filmbuff wrote:Rossrobert: I tried logging in and don't know what you are supposed to use. I am going to call admissions and enquire.

Danteshek: Thank you for the thoughts on LR. I agree that SCALE would not be a realistic setting to afford the chance to be a part of LR. It's not particularly a goal of any sort, just something I would likely pursue. I have a humanities PhD. and have written and been published in journals etc., so I just am used to writing/research in the scholarly realm. I still am working on the article I submitted with my admissions package (as it's relevant to on-going litigation to which I am a party and something that's proving to be rather an anomaly. Fifth round of litigation in ten years!)

You sound as though you have a busy but productive summer ahead!
Please let me know if you find out!

rossrobert

New

Post by rossrobert » Mon May 03, 2010 6:50 pm

got rejected today :-( really upset about this...good luck to the rest of you.

filmbuff

New

Post by filmbuff » Mon May 03, 2010 7:07 pm

Rossrobert: So sorry to hear this as I thought from your questions about the login information that you had already been accepted. Plus, I had an answer for you about the login! I would suggest calling admissions and asking if you can be considered for the part-time evening program. It is certainly less competitive and unless your numbers were just completely off the beaten path, then it's worth a shot and I know there are still spots available. You can then apply to the Dean of Students to transfer in to the traditional program after the first year. If they say no, ask if you can be at least wait-listed for the part-time. See if they are willing to play ball at all. Not much comfort perhaps when you live in NY, but let us know!

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Mon May 03, 2010 7:47 pm

rossrobert wrote:got rejected today :-( really upset about this...good luck to the rest of you.
Sorry to hear. Have you been accepted to any other schools? Taking a year off isn't to retake the LSAT and just chill out is not always such a bad idea, especially if you are on the younger side. If it makes you feel any better, I applied to 36 schools and only was accepted to two of them. I had something like eight wait-lists. This is not at all indicative of your ability to succeed in law school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

shanoodle

New

Post by shanoodle » Mon May 03, 2010 7:59 pm

Waitlisted, status checker updated today. I applied for Day Program really really late in the cycle. Looks like there is a lot of movement today!

rossrobert

New

Post by rossrobert » Tue May 04, 2010 1:09 am

filmbuff wrote:Rossrobert: So sorry to hear this as I thought from your questions about the login information that you had already been accepted. Plus, I had an answer for you about the login! I would suggest calling admissions and asking if you can be considered for the part-time evening program. It is certainly less competitive and unless your numbers were just completely off the beaten path, then it's worth a shot and I know there are still spots available. You can then apply to the Dean of Students to transfer in to the traditional program after the first year. If they say no, ask if you can be at least wait-listed for the part-time. See if they are willing to play ball at all. Not much comfort perhaps when you live in NY, but let us know!
Thank you for your support! I was asking about the login information since my status had changed that a final decision letter was on its way and i was anxious to see if i would be able to log on to that part of the website. I did apply for the part-time programs as well and was hoping I would at least have a shot at that. My GPA is a 3.52 (which I believe is at their 75%), however my LSAT score is below their 25%. I am not a good standardized test taker, but should mention that I do have a learning disability, which plays a factor in this. I spoke about my ld in my personal statement, e-mailed people in the admissions office regarding my situation and even spoke with the counselor in the diversity affairs office. I submitted additional documentation of my IEP from when I was younger ,which indicates that I received extended time on exams and then after speaking with the counselor we agreed that I should submit a LOCI. I submitted the letter along with additional documentation of testing from a few years ago which reiterates my need for extended time on tests. I was told to make the admissions committee aware that these documents were important since I was not able to receive proper accommodations for the LSAT. When I contacted LSAC regarding accommodations they told me I would have to be tested again to be considered. Right after I spoke with LSAC, I started to make calls to find out there were waiting lists and the testing and results would not have been completed by the deadline LSAC enforced, therefore resulting in both of my horrible LSAT scores. I really thought that the committee might have looked somewhat past my score since there is a nice section on their site about students with learning disabilities and what they do to accommodate those students. As far as SW playing ball, I don't think they are willing to play as the letter states, " You may be assured that the materials you submitted have received full attention by the Admissions Committee, whose decision is final." Obviously I am very upset by this, but the only person I guess to blame is myself and to remember that everything happens for a reason....
Danteshek wrote:
rossrobert wrote:got rejected today :-( really upset about this...good luck to the rest of you.
Sorry to hear. Have you been accepted to any other schools? Taking a year off isn't to retake the LSAT and just chill out is not always such a bad idea, especially if you are on the younger side. If it makes you feel any better, I applied to 36 schools and only was accepted to two of them. I had something like eight wait-lists. This is not at all indicative of your ability to succeed in law school.
I have not been accepted to any other schools, which has really made me stressed out. I am 24 and graduated college in 2008, I have been working these past two years and really did not want to take another year off from school. I took the testmasters prep course, which I believe did help me, but I feel like there is no hope in doing better unless I receive accommodations, which who knows if they will even grant me that. Hopefully everything works out in the end.

I apologize for the venting, but thank you for listening.

Good luck to everyone!

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Tue May 04, 2010 1:37 am

Get retested and get the accommodations for the LSAT. You probably need to be retested anyway to get accomodations for law school exams at whatever school you end up going to. Also, despite what you think, you are still super young so taking another year should not be that big a deal.

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Tue May 04, 2010 10:49 am

I'm sorry rossrobert. :cry:

I was hoping since there was so much activity yesterday, I'd hear something, but no. Still just in review.... :roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Tue May 04, 2010 1:38 pm

raperez129 wrote:I'm sorry rossrobert. :cry:

I was hoping since there was so much activity yesterday, I'd hear something, but no. Still just in review.... :roll:
Very sorry to hear that as well rossrobert. BUT.... get tested and get over to the LSAT section of these forums and start hitting the books!!! You'll get there. :D

And I'm with you raperez. Nothing here. Still "in review". :|

SoCalStudent

New

Post by SoCalStudent » Tue May 04, 2010 4:23 pm

rossrobert wrote:
I have not been accepted to any other schools, which has really made me stressed out. I am 24 and graduated college in 2008, I have been working these past two years and really did not want to take another year off from school. I took the testmasters prep course, which I believe did help me, but I feel like there is no hope in doing better unless I receive accommodations, which who knows if they will even grant me that. Hopefully everything works out in the end.

Good luck to everyone!
Sorry to hear that. You are still really young, and you have the whole world infront of you. I'm 28 and decided to go for an MA instead of taking the LSAT's three years ago. I also have a lot of work experience, volunteering, and teaching abroad experience during my hiatus from law stuff. Now, I'm more mature and eager about law school and will be taking the October LSAT's. With your GPA, all you need is a little more practice during the summer. I suggest taking an LSAT course over the summer and take as many practice tests as possible. Also, do some extra readings to improve your RC, like science journals, or even the New Yorker.

Good news is you're 24, not 44. Like Dante said, chill out for a year, give the LSAT another ride, and get some work experience.

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Tue May 04, 2010 9:25 pm

TO: Southwestern Community

RE: New Full-Time Faculty for 2010-11

DATE: May 3, 2010

I am very pleased to announce that we will be welcoming four new full-time faculty members for the 2010-11 academic year. They come to Southwestern from down the street and across the globe. All bring outstanding academic and professional credentials as well as tremendous enthusiasm for teaching and research:

> Professor Roman J. Hoyos from Duke University School of Law has been appointed as an Associate Professor of Law and will teach in the areas of property and government.

> Professor Hila Keren from Hebrew University School of Law has been appointed as an Associate Professor of Law and will teach in the areas of contracts and business law.

> Professor Gabriela E. Ryan from the university of southern california law school has been appointed as Director of Academic Support and Bar Related Programming and Associate Professor of Law.

> Professor Caroline B. Newcombe, a member of Southwestern’s Adjunct Faculty since 2003, will serve as a Visiting Associate Professor of Law and will teach in the areas of administrative law, community property and contracts.

Professor Roman Hoyos is a Visiting Assistant Professor at Duke University where he has taught Legislation and the Law of Legislatures, and State and Local Government Law for the School of Law. While at Duke he also taught Modern American Legal History for the Department of History. At Southwestern, he will teach Property, and State and Local Government.

Professor Hoyos is a Ph.D. Candidate in American History at the University of Chicago. He completed his A.B. in History in 1993 at the University of California, Berkeley, and his J.D. in 2001 at Northwestern University School of Law, where he was Special Sections Editor of the Law Review. He went on to earn his M.A. in History in 2003 at the University of Chicago. after law school, he practiced law briefly at Rosen, Bien & Asaro, a small civil rights firm in San Francisco that specializes in prisoners' rights and attorneys' fees litigation.

Professor Hoyos has focused his research in the areas of public law and legal and constitutional history. He is particularly interested in institutional approaches to law which seek to understand the legal, political, and intellectual structures in which legal decisions are made. Currently, he is completing his dissertation, "In Convention Assembled: Constitutional Conventions, Law, and Democracy in 19th Century America," which explores the role, jurisdiction, and authority of constitutional conventions within the larger American legal, political and constitutional structure.

Professor Hila Keren has been a member of the Faculty of Law of the Hebrew University in Jerusalem since 2005. There she usually teaches basic and advanced courses in contracts, serves on the teaching committee of the school and has earned the Outstanding Teaching Award. Professor Keren was also invited to teach at the University of California, Berkeley School of Law, where she taught Contracts and Challenges to Legal Rationality as a Visiting Professor. At Southwestern, Professor Keren initially will teach Contracts, and Business Associations in the future.

Professor Keren earned an LL.B., magna cum laude, in 1992 and a Ph.D. in 2001 at the Hebrew University School of Law. She then completed two years of post-doctoral studies at the Center for the Study of Law and Society at UC Berkeley. During her studies, she was awarded the Birk Foundation Award for Distinguished Research in the Field of Law, the Alice Shalvi Scholarship for Original Feminist Legal Studies, the Rector’s Prize for Outstanding Doctoral Students and the Golda Meir Fellowship. In 2006, Professor Keren was elected by the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities to be a member of its Young Researchers' Forum.

A member of the Israeli Bar since 1993, Professor Keren practiced law for ten years primarily in the areas of human rights and discrimination. She litigated and won landmark Supreme Court cases including one concerning discriminatory government funding of educational organizations, and another regarding conversions and freedom of religion. Several of those cases are now part of Hebrew University’s constitutional law curriculum. With a particular interest in the relationship between law and social change, Professor Keren’s primary areas of scholarship are contract law, feminist jurisprudence critical race theory and the emerging field of law and the emotions. Her book, Contract Law from a Feminist Perspective, was published in Hebrew by Sacher Institute for Legislative Research and Comparative Law (2005), and she is the author or co-author of numerous articles, written and published either in Hebrew or English. Her English publications have appeared in the California Law Review, Harvard Law Review, Minnesota Law Review, and Michigan Journal of Race and Law, among others. Her article published by the American University Journal of Gender, Social Policy and Law won the Polonsky Prize for Creativity and Originality in the Humanistic Disciplines. Her latest project is a book (co-authored with K. Abrams of UC Berkeley) which explores the interrelationship of law and hope.

Professor Gabriela Ryan comes to Southwestern from the university of southern california law school, where she was first appointed as Director of Student Affairs and Academic Support in 2006, and for the past two years has served as Assistant Dean and Dean of Students, and Adjunct Assistant Professor of Law. As an Associate Professor of Law and Director of the Academic Support and Bar Exam Related Programming at Southwestern, she will have primary responsibility for designing and implementing innovative academic support programs, courses and individual and small group counseling sessions, and designing and assisting with bar exam preparation classes, workshops and events.

Professor Ryan earned her B.S., cum laude, in International Politics and Foreign Policy in 1999 at Georgetown University’s Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, and her J.D. in 2004 at the University of Southern California Law School, where she was Senior Editor of the Law Review and a Legal Writing Fellow. She went on to practice law as an associate with the firm of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, representing defendants in white-collar criminal litigation and internal investigations. Prior to entering law school, she served for two years as a bilingual elementary school teacher in Arizona through Teach for America.

Professor Ryan’s scholarly articles include “Reenfranchising Noncitizens as Partners in America’s Democracy,” 77 California Law Review 151 (2003) and “Is Government Knowledge a Defense to False Claims Liability?” 84 Federal Contracts Report 310 (September 2005).

Professor Caroline Newcombe has taught Administrative Law, Contracts, and Community Property as a member of Southwestern’s adjunct faculty since 2003. She has worked closely with the very successful National Telecommunications Moot Court Competition teams and received the Outstanding Contribution Award from the Moot Court Honors Program in 2008. During the 2010-11 academic year, she will teach Administrative Law, Community Property and Contracts as a Visiting Associate Professor of Law.

Professor Newcombe earned her B.A. from the University of Colorado, Boulder, and her J.D. in 1977 from the University of Virginia School of Law. She continued her legal education at American University, Washington College of Law where she earned her LL.M. in Law and Government in 2005 and won the award for Best LL.M. Paper.

A member of the California State Bar and the United States Supreme Court Bar, Professor Newcombe was associated for more than a decade with the international law firm of Lord, Bissell & Brook where she handled civil litigation, civil appeals, commercial insurance contract coverage disputes and aviation defense, and was chosen to write the first brief in the U.S. involving jurisdiction over satellites in space. She prepared a community property brief which formed the basis of the California Supreme Court opinion in the often cited case of Elden v. Sheldon. Professor Newcombe currently serves as Chair of the Education Committee of the Administrative Law Section of the American Bar Association. Her scholarly publications include the chapter on “Recent Developments in Education Law,” in Developments in Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice (J. Lubbers, ed.; 2008, 2009, 2010) and “Morse v. Frederick One Year Later: New Limitations on Student Speech and the ‘Columbine Factor,’” 42 Suffolk University Law Review 429 (June 2009). She was recently a panelist at Cornell University Law School where she discussed her forthcoming articles on Early Irish Law and the Origin of California Community Property Law.

lawschoolmike

New

Post by lawschoolmike » Tue May 04, 2010 10:25 pm

I already sent in the option 2 essays along with the wait list paper but I would also like to send in a LOCI. Should I e-mail this, the letter does state that additional documents can be sent via e-mail, but I think it's a bit impersonal. Is it best to send it via e-mail or snail mail?

I am starting to lose faith. I have this gut feeling I wont get off the wait list. Has anyone wait listed been accepted?

I really need something good to happen soon, my life is a wreck. I realized my close friends are not really friends, I cut all connections with them, I am walking a thin line at work, gained 10 pounds, smoking twice as much and I am having a hard time falling asleep.

THE CURE: ACCEPTANCE.

Loyola still no word.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lawschoolmike

New

Post by lawschoolmike » Wed May 05, 2010 2:04 am

rossrobert wrote:
filmbuff wrote:Rossrobert: So sorry to hear this as I thought from your questions about the login information that you had already been accepted. Plus, I had an answer for you about the login! I would suggest calling admissions and asking if you can be considered for the part-time evening program. It is certainly less competitive and unless your numbers were just completely off the beaten path, then it's worth a shot and I know there are still spots available. You can then apply to the Dean of Students to transfer in to the traditional program after the first year. If they say no, ask if you can be at least wait-listed for the part-time. See if they are willing to play ball at all. Not much comfort perhaps when you live in NY, but let us know!
Thank you for your support! I was asking about the login information since my status had changed that a final decision letter was on its way and i was anxious to see if i would be able to log on to that part of the website. I did apply for the part-time programs as well and was hoping I would at least have a shot at that. My GPA is a 3.52 (which I believe is at their 75%), however my LSAT score is below their 25%. I am not a good standardized test taker, but should mention that I do have a learning disability, which plays a factor in this. I spoke about my ld in my personal statement, e-mailed people in the admissions office regarding my situation and even spoke with the counselor in the diversity affairs office. I submitted additional documentation of my IEP from when I was younger ,which indicates that I received extended time on exams and then after speaking with the counselor we agreed that I should submit a LOCI. I submitted the letter along with additional documentation of testing from a few years ago which reiterates my need for extended time on tests. I was told to make the admissions committee aware that these documents were important since I was not able to receive proper accommodations for the LSAT. When I contacted LSAC regarding accommodations they told me I would have to be tested again to be considered. Right after I spoke with LSAC, I started to make calls to find out there were waiting lists and the testing and results would not have been completed by the deadline LSAC enforced, therefore resulting in both of my horrible LSAT scores. I really thought that the committee might have looked somewhat past my score since there is a nice section on their site about students with learning disabilities and what they do to accommodate those students. As far as SW playing ball, I don't think they are willing to play as the letter states, " You may be assured that the materials you submitted have received full attention by the Admissions Committee, whose decision is final." Obviously I am very upset by this, but the only person I guess to blame is myself and to remember that everything happens for a reason....
Danteshek wrote:

Good luck to everyone!
I am a big believer of "everything happens for a reason." I have a feeling this time next year you will be bragging about how you got into Stanford. The hilarious thing about your posts is that you give an impression that 24 is old. I'm 34!!!!!!

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Post by SwollenMonkey » Wed May 05, 2010 3:46 am

lawschoolmike wrote:I already sent in the option 2 essays along with the wait list paper but I would also like to send in a LOCI. Should I e-mail this, the letter does state that additional documents can be sent via e-mail, but I think it's a bit impersonal. Is it best to send it via e-mail or snail mail?

I am starting to lose faith. I have this gut feeling I wont get off the wait list. Has anyone wait listed been accepted?

I really need something good to happen soon, my life is a wreck. I realized my close friends are not really friends, I cut all connections with them, I am walking a thin line at work, gained 10 pounds, smoking twice as much and I am having a hard time falling asleep.

Loyola still no word.
I'm hanging in there, but as time passes, I suspect I will remain on the waiting-list. I might send an LOCI, but will give it a few more weeks. I've paid my commitment deposits at the other school that I am interested in, and have begun plans to relocate. If removed from waiting at Southwestern, I'll gladly accept, but my plans are to start law school this year. I can navigate my situation as I progress in my legal studies.

I, too, am walking a thin line at work. I have become pretty inept at my job, and I'm not sure why. It's rather weird. Good news is that there are other people whom are also performing crappy at their jobs as they wait for law school to begin. Instead of smoking cigarettes, maybe you should smoke pot.

sundaynightdelite

New

Post by sundaynightdelite » Wed May 05, 2010 4:47 am

Southwestern's most famous student created this
NSFW.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Wed May 05, 2010 6:26 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Wed May 05, 2010 8:36 pm

OK.... well perhaps I was a bit premature with the "Sounds of Silence" link, but I'm not quite sure. My status date updated to 5/5/2010, but remains "complete and in review" where it's been for 3 months. Has this happened to anyone else??

jdhopeful2010

New

Post by jdhopeful2010 » Wed May 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Hey guys! I have a question...anyone know about extensions on seat deposits? I got accepted last week, my first one is due the 15th, and my second is due June 1st...I have NO idea how I am going to come up with over a grand (I have to get to LA for the academic excellence academy in a few weeks...also costs $$$) Moving across the country isn't exactly cheap. I'm stressing out...guh.

cubedweller

New

Post by cubedweller » Wed May 05, 2010 9:45 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:OK.... well perhaps I was a bit premature with the "Sounds of Silence" link, but I'm not quite sure. My status date updated to 5/5/2010, but remains "complete and in review" where it's been for 3 months. Has this happened to anyone else??
Not quite the same scenario but I've been "complete and in review" since 2/26/2010. I've been checking regularly and it hasn't changed... I'm hoping by the end of this week :roll: ..we'll see!

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Wed May 05, 2010 9:55 pm

jdhopeful2010 wrote:Hey guys! I have a question...anyone know about extensions on seat deposits? I got accepted last week, my first one is due the 15th, and my second is due June 1st...I have NO idea how I am going to come up with over a grand (I have to get to LA for the academic excellence academy in a few weeks...also costs $$$) Moving across the country isn't exactly cheap. I'm stressing out...guh.
I would say a call to financial aid in the morning would behoove you. If you are 100% committed and on your way, perhaps they could apply your aid package towards the deposit???? I can't imagine they wouldn't help you out in any way possible. :D
cubedweller wrote:Not quite the same scenario but I've been "complete and in review" since 2/26/2010. I've been checking regularly and it hasn't changed... I'm hoping by the end of this week :roll: ..we'll see!
Hopefully!!! It's kind of weird why they would update the status date of my checker without some kind of new remark or notice. Hmmmm??????

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lawschoolmike

New

Post by lawschoolmike » Wed May 05, 2010 10:47 pm

SwollenMonkey wrote:
lawschoolmike wrote:I already sent in the option 2 essays along with the wait list paper but I would also like to send in a LOCI. Should I e-mail this, the letter does state that additional documents can be sent via e-mail, but I think it's a bit impersonal. Is it best to send it via e-mail or snail mail?

Loyola still no word.
I'm hanging in there, but as time passes, I suspect I will remain on the waiting-list. I might send an LOCI, but will give it a few more weeks. I've paid my commitment deposits at the other school that I am interested in, and have begun plans to relocate. If removed from waiting at Southwestern, I'll gladly accept, but my plans are to start law school this year. I can navigate my situation as I progress in my legal studies.

I, too, am walking a thin line at work. I have become pretty inept at my job, and I'm not sure why. It's rather weird. Good news is that there are other people whom are also performing crappy at their jobs as they wait for law school to begin. Instead of smoking cigarettes, maybe you should smoke pot.

Terrible day today, that thin line I am walking on has just turned into a long nano tube. I have been working my nutts off (staying an extra 1hr FREE) but im so overwhelmed and some things just slip by and my BOSS always get word of it (bi*tchy women) and I get bombarded with criticism. A blunt would probably hit the spot but im scared i'll get canned and my next employer will want a drug test lol. I sent the optional essays 4/6 and just sent in a LOCI today 5/5. Planning to send another one down the line probably the 1st or 2nd week of June if I don't get an answer by then.

My job would be best described as a huge Catch 22:

John Yossarian, a U.S. Army Air Forces Bombardier, who wishes to be grounded from combat flight duty.
To be grounded, he must be officially evaluated by the squadron's flight surgeon and then found "unfit to fly."
"Unfit" would be any pilot who is actually willing to fly such dangerous missions: as one would have to be mad to want to take on such missions.
But the "problem" is that to be declared "unfit", he must first "ask for evaluation", which is considered as a sufficient proof for being declared "sane".
These conditions make being declared "unfit" impossible.

The "Catch 22" is that "anyone who wants to get out of combat duty, isn't really crazy"
[1] Hence, pilots who request a fitness evaluation are sane, and therefore must fly in combat. At the same time, if an evaluation is not requested by the pilot, he will never receive one (i.e. they can never be found "insane"), meaning he must also fly in combat.
Therefore, Catch-22 ensures that no pilot can ever be grounded for being insane - even if he were.

(source wikipedia --LinkRemoved--) )
Frustrating isn't it lol

misled_drummer

New

Post by misled_drummer » Thu May 06, 2010 2:07 am

lawschoolmike wrote:
SwollenMonkey wrote:

Loyola still no word.

Terrible day today, that thin line I am walking on has just turned into a long nano tube. I have been working my nutts off (staying an extra 1hr FREE) but im so overwhelmed and some things just slip by and my BOSS always get word of it (bi*tchy women) and I get bombarded with criticism. A blunt would probably hit the spot but im scared i'll get canned and my next employer will want a drug test lol. I sent the optional essays 4/6 and just sent in a LOCI today 5/5. Planning to send another one down the line probably the 1st or 2nd week of June if I don't get an answer by then.

My job would be best described as a huge Catch 22:

John Yossarian, a U.S. Army Air Forces bombardier, who wishes to be grounded from combat flight duty.
To be grounded, he must be officially evaluated by the squadron's flight surgeon and then found "unfit to fly."
"Unfit" would be any pilot who is actually willing to fly such dangerous missions: as one would have to be mad to want to take on such missions.
But the "problem" is that to be declared "unfit", he must first "ask for evaluation", which is considered as a sufficient proof for being declared "sane".
These conditions make being declared "unfit" impossible.

The "Catch 22" is that "anyone who wants to get out of combat duty, isn't really crazy"
[1] Hence, pilots who request a fitness evaluation are sane, and therefore must fly in combat. At the same time, if an evaluation is not requested by the pilot, he will never receive one (i.e. they can never be found "insane"), meaning he must also fly in combat.
Therefore, Catch-22 ensures that no pilot can ever be grounded for being insane - even if he were.

(source wikipedia --LinkRemoved--) )
Frustrating isn't it lol
I love that book.

joonhp

Bronze

Post by joonhp » Thu May 06, 2010 2:16 am

What to do...Southwestern FT or Santa Clara PT...*sigh*

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Thu May 06, 2010 2:49 am