Southwestern Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawschoolmike

New

Re: Southwestern

Post by lawschoolmike » Sat May 29, 2010 9:30 pm

filmbuff wrote:Yet again, wait until after June 1st 2nd deposit deadline -- at least until the following Monday for some WL movement!

If you have already stated promise of your guaranteed attendance if pulled from the waitlist, I can't see the point of another LOCI, unless there's something incredible to reveal. Other than that, an additional LOR from someone respectable would hardly hurt your file. Like Danteshek, I predict a lot of movement from the SW waitlist.
Opps Sorry, I forgot about your previous post lol. Thanks. Good luck to everyone waiting!

chango

Bronze

Post by chango » Sun May 30, 2010 1:16 am

who's going to the Southwestern Connection event on June 3rd?

filmbuff

New

Post by filmbuff » Sun May 30, 2010 3:41 pm

Chango: I was going to sign up and then got the email that the only category left open was the street law, which I have no interest in. Are you attending the entertainment or court sections?

chango

Bronze

Post by chango » Sun May 30, 2010 8:00 pm

filmbuff wrote:Chango: I was going to sign up and then got the email that the only category left open was the street law, which I have no interest in. Are you attending the entertainment or court sections?
Entertainment.

misled_drummer

New

Post by misled_drummer » Sun May 30, 2010 11:18 pm

chango wrote:who's going to the Southwestern Connection event on June 3rd?
I'll be attending the Government session. It seemed the most interesting.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

littlepiggie818

New

Post by littlepiggie818 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:54 pm

I'll be attending the Public Interest session. Maybe you guys can share about your experience afterward.

chango

Bronze

Post by chango » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:06 pm

littlepiggie818 wrote:I'll be attending the Public Interest session. Maybe you guys can share about your experience afterward.

oooh: sounds like a great idea!

bamlax

New

Post by bamlax » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:25 am

Entertainment! Are all 3 groups going to the same lunch afterward?

chango

Bronze

Post by chango » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:34 am

bamlax wrote:Entertainment! Are all 3 groups going to the same lunch afterward?
Yes...we'll all be there. We should put our TLS nickname in parenthesis on the name tag.
:)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Temka

Bronze

Post by Temka » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:41 pm

Does anyone know when we have to register for classes, pay tuition? Can anyone log in to the WebAdvisor? I submitted both deposits, but know I am nervous as to how to get everything set up...for example when do I get a parking permit, and other things of that nature?

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Post by SwollenMonkey » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Temka wrote:Does anyone know when we have to register for classes, pay tuition? Can anyone log in to the WebAdvisor? I submitted both deposits, but know I am nervous as to how to get everything set up...for example when do I get a parking permit, and other things of that nature?
Call admissions, but first relax. It is a freaking parking permit...chill.

JohnnyBeagle

New

Post by JohnnyBeagle » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:46 pm

Speaking of parking, how is it at Southwestern? Should I look for apartments close to campus so I can walk, or is parking painless enough for me to live a bit further away?

misled_drummer

New

Post by misled_drummer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:05 pm

JohnnyBeagle wrote:Speaking of parking, how is it at Southwestern? Should I look for apartments close to campus so I can walk, or is parking painless enough for me to live a bit further away?
The parking situation isn't bad, at least from what I've seen. However, I would recommend you make it easy on yourself and live as close to campus as possible. It takes me 30 minutes to get there, and 20 to get back home. That's almost an hour I could devote to studying.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chango

Bronze

Post by chango » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:28 pm

JohnnyBeagle wrote:Speaking of parking, how is it at Southwestern? Should I look for apartments close to campus so I can walk, or is parking painless enough for me to live a bit further away?
There's a Metro Red Line station across from the school, and Wilshire is a major bus corridor.

http://www.metro.net/

You can therefore live in Hollywood, Miracle Mile, Downtown LA, Little Tokyo/Arts District, Universal City, Pico-Union, Hancock Park (if you an afford it) and Chinatown (to name a few) and be within 20 minutes by train and/or bus.

Also, you can read/study/sleep on the bus and train, so it's not as inefficient as driving.

thewaitinggame

New

Post by thewaitinggame » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:18 pm

Still haven't heard anything... hoping to get my first response after these June deposits... Even if it is a wait-list letter, so nervous.

Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day Weekend

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:29 pm

Do not live within walking distance of Southwestern. It isn't worth it. There are much better neighborhoods where the rent is still reasonable within 20 minutes of campus. You don't even need a car.

Temka

Bronze

Post by Temka » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:16 am

Can anyone answer my non-parking related questions... :mrgreen:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JohnnyBeagle

New

Post by JohnnyBeagle » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:16 pm

Temka wrote:Can anyone answer my non-parking related questions... :mrgreen:
Just got this email that'll probably answer some of your questions.

SCHOOL STARTS THURSDAY, AUGUST 12TH!
REGISTRATION PACKETS WILL BE SENT OUT ON THURSDAY, JUNE 10TH!

Good afternoon,

I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to update you on some information that you should be receiving shortly. Next week, on June 10th, we're sending out your Entering Student Registration Packets! They will include your course schedule and other important information.

Here are some important things to remember:

Packets must be returned in their entirety, no later than June 30.
If you are planning to go out of town for an extended period of time, contact the Admissions Office about setting up another individual to submit your materials on your behalf.
Upon receipt of your registration packet, your Southwestern email account will be generated and sent to you via your personal email address on file (within approximately 24-48 hours).
Access WebAdvisor to view your student account and make any necessary payments. Any tuition payments due must be received by Friday, July 2. We recommend you also set up your account for direct deposit ASAP!
Questions about registration process? Please contact the Registration and Records office at 213.738.6705.

As always, If you are not planning on registering for classes, please contact me as soon as possible so that I may continue to admit other worthy candidates.

Best wishes,
Lisa Gear
Director of Admissions
Tel 213.738.6834

lawschoolmike

New

Post by lawschoolmike » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:30 pm

JohnnyBeagle wrote:

Good afternoon,

I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to update you on some information that you should be receiving shortly. Next week, on June 10th, we're sending out your Entering Student Registration Packets! They will include your course schedule and other important information.

If you are planning to go out of town for an extended period of time, contact the Admissions Office about setting up another individual to submit your materials on your behalf.
Upon receipt of your registration packet, your Southwestern email account will be generated and sent to you via your personal email address on file (within approximately 24-48 hours).
Access WebAdvisor to view your student account and make any necessary payments. Any tuition payments due must be received by Friday, July 2. We recommend you also set up your account for direct deposit ASAP!
Questions about registration process? Please contact the Registration and Records office at 213.738.6705.

As always, If you are not planning on registering for classes, please contact me as soon as possible so that I may continue to admit other worthy candidates.

Best wishes,
Lisa Gear
Director of Admissions
Tel 213.738.6834
Wow now I am really worried... what about the waitlisters? Dont forget about us!

cubedweller

New

Post by cubedweller » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:37 pm

lawschoolmike wrote:Wow now I am really worried... what about the waitlisters? Dont forget about us!
+1

Temka

Bronze

Post by Temka » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:16 pm

JohnnyBeagle wrote:

Good afternoon,

Best wishes,
Lisa Gear
Director of Admissions
Tel 213.738.6834
Thank you I got the same email. It's almost as if they were reading this forum :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

misled_drummer

New

Post by misled_drummer » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:34 am

How did everyone's tour go today?

I thought it was an amazing experience and enjoyed every bit of it!

P.S. The food was so good. :p

chango

Bronze

Post by chango » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:26 am

misled_drummer wrote:How did everyone's tour go today?

I thought the presentation at Warner Brothers was excellent: the two lawyers did a great job of answering the question "What does an in-house entertainment lawyer do?"

The best part of the day was getting to meet the people that I'll be working and playing with for the next three years. Now I can't wait to start! Also can't wait for our first bar review.... :)

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Post by SwollenMonkey » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:13 pm

cubedweller wrote:
lawschoolmike wrote:Wow now I am really worried... what about the waitlisters? Dont forget about us!
+1
I've given up on the wait-list. If SW throws an admissions offer my way, then I'll reconsider; however, I won't stress if they don't throw anything.

littlepiggie818

New

Post by littlepiggie818 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:41 pm

chango wrote:
misled_drummer wrote:How did everyone's tour go today?

I thought the presentation at Warner Brothers was excellent: the two lawyers did a great job of answering the question "What does an in-house entertainment lawyer do?"

The best part of the day was getting to meet the people that I'll be working and playing with for the next three years. Now I can't wait to start! Also can't wait for our first bar review.... :)
For the public interest bus, we went to Magnolia Place (a non-profit) and afterward met a judge in family law court. It was an inspiring experience and I loved every moment of it. It really opened my eyes to the miriad of possibilities out there.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”