Southwestern Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rossrobert

New

Re: Southwestern

Post by rossrobert » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:44 pm

Do schools receive a copy of your actual transcript that is sent to LSAC or only the LSDAS report that LSAC generates?

onthecusp

Bronze

Post by onthecusp » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:49 pm

rossrobert wrote:Do schools receive a copy of your actual transcript that is sent to LSAC or only the LSDAS report that LSAC generates?
They receive the actual transcripts that may contain information not listed on the LSAC report that you see.

lawschoolmike

New

Post by lawschoolmike » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:21 pm

"Decision Pending" 3/25

rossrobert

New

Post by rossrobert » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:26 pm

my app went from "ready to review" yesterday to "in review" today

chango

Bronze

Scholarship

Post by chango » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:46 am

How long after the scholarship interview does it take to find out the actual offer?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SoCalStudent

New

Post by SoCalStudent » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:06 am

Hey guys. What are the stats like for SWLS? My undergrad GPA is 2.97 (or 2.96, not sure), and my grad GPA is 3.53. What LSAT score do I need to pull off? Haven't looked into SWLS, but it seems like a nice option.

GoodToBeTheKing

Bronze

Post by GoodToBeTheKing » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:15 am

SoCalStudent wrote:Hey guys. What are the stats like for SWLS? My undergrad GPA is 2.97 (or 2.96, not sure), and my grad GPA is 3.53. What LSAT score do I need to pull off? Haven't looked into SWLS, but it seems like a nice option.
http://www.lsac.org

littlepiggie818

New

Post by littlepiggie818 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:10 pm

chango wrote:How long after the scholarship interview does it take to find out the actual offer?
When I had my interview, they told me it would take about two weeks before they would let me know.

jdhopeful2010

New

Post by jdhopeful2010 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:11 pm

lawschoolmike wrote:"Decision Pending" 3/25
When did you go into review? I was in review about a week and a half ago, then last week got a call from a lady in admissions to ask me some questions, but nothing on my page yet. After the phone call I'm on pins and needles!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Veridian

New

Re: Scholarship

Post by Veridian » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:15 pm

chango wrote:How long after the scholarship interview does it take to find out the actual offer?

I'm pretty new here, but I thought I'd reply. I interviewed for a scholarship in mid-Feb., and it probably took about two weeks for a letter to come in the mail with an offer.

rossrobert

New

Post by rossrobert » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:17 pm

jdhopeful2010 wrote:
When did you go into review? I was in review about a week and a half ago, then last week got a call from a lady in admissions to ask me some questions, but nothing on my page yet. After the phone call I'm on pins and needles!!!

What questions did she ask you? when did you submit your application?

jdhopeful2010

New

Post by jdhopeful2010 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:22 pm

rossrobert wrote:
jdhopeful2010 wrote:

She said she noticed I was in a Masters program and wanted to know my exact graduation date. She also asked about moving to LA (from east coast)...whether I'd be able to do it, if I friends and family in the area that would be able to help me, and then she asked if I had considered the part-time program at all, or if I would add it to my application if it would strengthen it. I submitted my app in Feb, but took the Feb LSAT...I had gone into review already but asked them to hold until my new scores came and they did, then I went into review two weeks ago today.

rossrobert

New

Post by rossrobert » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:35 pm

jdhopeful2010 wrote:
rossrobert wrote:
jdhopeful2010 wrote:

She said she noticed I was in a Masters program and wanted to know my exact graduation date. She also asked about moving to LA (from east coast)...whether I'd be able to do it, if I friends and family in the area that would be able to help me, and then she asked if I had considered the part-time program at all, or if I would add it to my application if it would strengthen it. I submitted my app in Feb, but took the Feb LSAT...I had gone into review already but asked them to hold until my new scores came and they did, then I went into review two weeks ago today.

Did you add the part-time? Also, would you mind sharing your stats?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

star10

New

Post by star10 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:03 pm

will be withdrawing today with 20K...good luck everyone!

Soul Minded

New

Post by Soul Minded » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:14 pm

Did any of you guys go to the scholarship event last week that are going to be attending next year?

littlepiggie818

New

Post by littlepiggie818 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:18 pm

Soul Minded wrote:Did any of you guys go to the scholarship event last week that are going to be attending next year?
I did attend the scholarship event and I submitted my deposit the next day.

onthecusp

Bronze

Post by onthecusp » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:45 pm

SoCalStudent wrote:Hey guys. What are the stats like for SWLS? My undergrad GPA is 2.97 (or 2.96, not sure), and my grad GPA is 3.53. What LSAT score do I need to pull off? Haven't looked into SWLS, but it seems like a nice option.
Probably a 160 or above.... it seems anything lower is an automatic waitlist according to LSN with a GPA under 3.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Soul Minded

New

Post by Soul Minded » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:55 pm

littlepiggie818 wrote:
Soul Minded wrote:Did any of you guys go to the scholarship event last week that are going to be attending next year?
So did I, guess I will be seeing you on campus next year.

The dean and all the administrators seemed super approachable and it felt like the right choice.

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:34 am

Today we had the third round of the Intermural Moot Court Competition at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse downtown. Alumni judged. 98 students argued and only 16 advance to the octa-finals. We'll find out this week who moves on. This was the first elimination round. The writing competition runs parallel and independent from the oral competition. Top 16 briefs get an award. I will let the forum know if I receive an award in one of the categories.

rossrobert

New

Post by rossrobert » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:07 am

Who has been accepted to the Part-Time program? Stats?

schnazdoodle

New

Post by schnazdoodle » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Interviewed on 2/4, scholarship offer received on 3/17!!

I got a full-tuition offer, though - so, I'm okay with having waited so long!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

schnazdoodle

New

Post by schnazdoodle » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:36 pm

Soul Minded wrote:
littlepiggie818 wrote:
So did I, guess I will be seeing you on campus next year.

The dean and all the administrators seemed super approachable and it felt like the right choice.
I also went to the event -- it was pretty crowded! I also spoke with the Dean - who spoke about plans for the school in the coming years. He seemed very matter-of-fact and approachable.

The professors and current students I spoke with were very friendly, and answered my questions honestly. One of them spoke about the Dean's current obsession with student happiness/contentment.

I'm fairly certain I'll be submitting my seat deposit in the next few days... :)

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:48 pm

Excellent. What are you interested in?

Temka

Bronze

Post by Temka » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:19 pm

submitted my seat deposit, though I am still waiting on some schools which I would go to if accepted (wont let me know until April).

SoCalStudent

New

Post by SoCalStudent » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:43 am

schnazdoodle wrote:
Interviewed on 2/4, scholarship offer received on 3/17!!

I got a full-tuition offer, though - so, I'm okay with having waited so long!
Congrates!! Nothing like going to school for free! :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”